• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official resignation from staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Most of you people here probably noticed that I have been obnoxiously inactive lately, verifying the site like... 2 times a month, with no visible activity anyway. This is definitely not the attitude a administrator must have, and I hereby apologize to you for this. I know I've done some things for the community in the past, but they don't justify my inactivity.

Nevertheless, my goal was clear: get detached from Hive until I reached the point when I could say "I no longer want to enter here, my purpose here is done and the community will do just as fine without my presence". And it surely reached this point. Therefore, this is my official post through which I resign from Hiveworkshop staff.

I'd like to apologize all those who put their hopes in me.

VGSatomi, former administrator of wc3sear.ch who trusted me when I suggested the merge, though was quite reluctant at first. I kow it's really unfair to leave the community now, and I'm sorry about it. You've been (and still are) great to the community and supported me a lot, back on wc3sear.ch. For that, I thank you, and I wish you good luck with whatever life has to reserve.

Archian... you are probably the person who brought me here on Hive, believed in me from the beginning and offered me an administrative seat. Not many would've done it, and I'm sorry if I did not follow your expectations. I wish you a good and happy life.

Ralle... you've been supportive in very many ways. You've accepted me to your community though you knew little about me, and gave me a high executive chair. That is more than I could've ever wished from someone. You were very generous all this period and supported me greatly.

Wolverabid, you've also been really supportive friend. You tried to get me involved into certain activities, especially during my inactivity, trying to increas it for me. You are great, you are doing a lot to this community, and the only thing I can wish you is "keep up the good job".

I'd also like to thank to the whole former wc3sear.ch team and member board who have made wc3s an extremely wonderful, friendly and warm place. I think I've spent my last 4 years with you and have surely given me some amazing moments I will never forget. I can surely say that wc3s changed my life and my view. For that, thank you wc3s!

Hive staff and members, I thank you all for granting me entrance into another fantastic step of my life. I've never been administrator on such a grand community and I will probably never be given this opportunity again. But life goes on, and I have other things to focus on from now. I believe that this community will continue to shine for a few more years. And hey, maybe we'll meet again after Starcraft 2 is released. I can't wait to sink my teeth into the new World Editor. Who knows what surprises are Blizzard preparing us?

So... I guess this is the end. I may come here from time to time and "check" the site, but more as a former member, than anything else. :)

Cheers friends, I will miss you all! :infl_thumbs_up:

~Daelin

Rui

Rui

Level 41
True, I doubt I'll ever learn JASS now. I finally got into equations xD

It's not the end, but another beginning. For now, we shall wait.

I didn't know who had the idea of the merge but I didn't question. I thought it was VGsatomi, but anyway, thanks to both.

Bye and...
Cairne Bloodhoof: May the Earth Mother smile upon you!

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I would like to thank you, Daelin, for all the time & work you put into former Wc3sear.ch and for the present Hive Workshop. You have done so much for the WarCraft 3 communities and made several additions to the game which made it more interesting to play, too bad that you never got around finnishing "Revival of the High Elves", I'm sure many would have enjoyed playing it.

You have been a loyal comrade and friend, it's been great working with you all this time. As much as I would have liked you to stay, I can't prevent you from moving on. Feel free to come by and visit The Hive Workshop anytime you want. The door will always be open :)

Farewell, Daelin.
I wish you the best of luck and happiness in life wherever it may take you.

~Archian

Level 13
As a newer member, I really never got to meet you, and from what it seems I missed out on alot.

I pray that whereever you go, you will find happiness, you'll always be welcome here, Daelin, former Administrator of The Hive Workshop.

The Last istari.

Level 22
We will all certainly miss you. Dont be a stranger around here even if you arent interested in wc3 anyore. You were a great person to have around, and an excellent moderator as well as a skilled modder who stood with us for so long.

"I no longer want to enter here, my purpose here is done and the community will do just as fine without my presence".

Sure the community will move on, but it will not be the same. It will be just that much more empty as another familiar face leaves. Take care, friend.
-VGsatomi

Level 15
While I have not had the chance to get to know you here on the site, it remains clear that you have had significant impact on everyone here and you will be missed.

Fare thee well, Daelin, and good wishes for you. :smile:

Level 13
Daelin, its been a pleasure my friend. I know we have had our up's and down's back at wc3sear.ch, but since then you've always been a sort of inspiration for me. I appreciate all your hard work and help, you wont be forgotten. Until the next time our paths cross, I bid thee farewell Daelin. Good luck in whatever challanges life may send you.

Status
Not open for further replies.