• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power Abuse

Power Abuse

• Some do Abuse

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • No they dont abuse

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
What do you guys think about Power abuse?
I'm tired of it since I get banned/kicked all the time for no reasons.
The reasons may be : Stupid comments , Telling my oppinion , And no its not oppinions about religion or politics.

What I think is that we should add a reason to the bans..
Like , Firelord213 got banned by Mod , Reason : Nothing etc.
Then the administrators maybe will know why people get banned.

I have heard the stupidest reasons of me getting banned sometimes and I have been behaving better than ever before now , But It's stupid that I get banned for breaking rules that dont excist.

Anyways do you think some mods abuses their chat powers?

Level 34
Some probably do, but it's only human. I can almost guarantee all forums of this size have power abuse.

Level 14
Firelord you've been banned for causing shit. Every time you get banned, it's for a reason, and on top of that, everyone hates you, so it's not like their sad to see you go.

Go whine somewhere else plox.

Seems like you got my point , Except the reason thing.

People should only get banned/kicked when breaking rules , Not for getting banned for stuff like ''Not agreeing on that JASS is better than GUI'' , And It wasn't me that got banned.

Level 8
Well i saw Earth-Fury banned panther-anthro For no reason.Panther-anthro didn't do anything and Earth-Fury said ''Go alway''.And gave him a banned for 86000 something like that.

That sound like Power Abuse to me.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Please before making statements get some evidence.
It's not like I'm calling any of you lier, but administrators won't even bother reading if you don't have enough proof, and if you don't know how to use and/or explain that evidence you found a.k.a. explain your point.
I live on the edge! D:

I rarely get banned/kicked.
In turn you get your posts deleted due to their irrelevance.

Level 17
Yeah, I agree, every mod abuses their power, they should all be demoted and let's assign all the Narutards, TDB and Firelord as mods, that way THW would be perfect :D

Well, The site would be called "The Hive Workshop - A Naruto Fan Site", the No Spam rule would be taken down and the No Religious Talk rule would be taken down.

Level 36
I'm sure there is a more polite way to say such things.

I don't think there is any need to compliment this user with politeness. The user in question knows exactly what they did, and knows exactly why no one likes them, thus making their arguements here a pitiful attempt to stir shit.

And for the record, Panther-Anthro is a troll. He should have been banned on here a while ago, and there is a long history between him and the Hive. To make a long story short, he deserved to be banned as he shouldn't have been able to access the chat in the first place.

Level 8
No one's asking you to compliment him. They're only telling you to refrain from using useless words that does not improve the situation. Perhaps, being neutral is the best way to go.

By the way, are you talking about several users here or only the topic creator? Because you said the user, then you say "they" afterwards. It's kind of confusing.

Level 12
"it" != plural

I live on the edge! D:

I rarely get banned/kicked.

That means you've been banned before...

I think it would be the opposite , I don't like Naruto or spam , I used to like spam but found out its annoying.And I am against religious talk , I even made a thread about not allowing it.

How the fuck could you "used to like spam" ???

In my opinion, this site is far too developed (shows commitment) and has far too many people (commmitment ---> organization) to have dumb mods/admins, so I trust their judgement

Coming from there, if your dumb enough to piss one of them off you are deserving to be banned, forget whatever you did wrong, just being a dumb fuck, these people are PEOPLE, you can interact all you want, arguing, flaming, trolling, etc., but just don't be retarded and don't piss off the mods

That sounds like it almost makes sense, but you can troll / flame indiscretely if you really try at it, and hell half of forums is arguing, just don't be dumb and you won't get banned

I hate getting personal, but you don't seem too intelligent making this thread and expecting everybody here to say "HOLY SHIT, DUDE, WE GOTTA FIRE THESE MODS!!!!"

Just makes you look even more worthy of banning

Level 18
I don't power abuse!
How dare you say that!
N00b! Now any skins you submit I will no doubt not approve! :p
Just kidding
I don't think I abuse power, atleast when it comes to my skin moderator abilities
If anyone thinks I do, come see me, I'll show you why your skin sucks ;)

Level 12
Sorry bout that ><

I believe a lot are afraid to speak out.

If somebody is honestly afraid to post words on a f*cking blog, that person seriously needs to grow some testicles

Normally I would give some sarcastic advice on some drastic measure to bring yourself up to par, but I really have no idea what to do to get over being a huge pussy, sorry I can't help those poor sad few

Level 12
I just had a thought, if I was a mod I would mess with people so much, I'd go find the most punctual kid on the site and screw up the grammar on his posts "honestly" ---> "honeslty", and lower casing capital letters, adding spaces where they are not needed

would be fun
.\ /.
\__/

I s'pose that was a little off-topic, but I just thought it was slightly related to power abuse so I threw it in

Level 12
I've never really seen any problems on this site tbh.

Sometimes mods could be a bit more polite, such as say in thread for example, Brad.Dude could tone it down a bit, but its no big deal.

Mods are only human, if you act normal you'll most likely never have any probs.

Considering you admit yourself you used to spam, & have made strange threads in the past, such as asking ppl to be banned from speaking about religion.
I find this thread very strange???

Just because sombody gets banned for a reason you dont like, or disagree with (or dont tell you) doesnt mean they are "Abusing" their power. Not to say, however, they dont abuse it, as im not around to be able to tell wether they do or dont. Also when they go banning each other for one second, thats not power abuse as they are normaly doing it as a joke. Some also do it, remember things they have done in the past, hoping to prevent trouble wich may seem like abuse, or becuase they are mad at the time and dislike the person, but personally I have never seen I mod, for no reason at all, go ban any random person they feel like, or that just dissagrees with them, just because they can.

Level 20
Power abuse?
WHAT power?

On another note, firelord, everytime you've been banned with reason. I'm 100% with brad on this (ya i no it r conspiracy liek modz r organized 2 hait us). Just look at Melkor, who was banned, and then spammed the hell outta brad's PM box, threats and other random stuff... Talk about a bad way to handle punishment.

Dreadnought said:
Brad.dude just takes forums too seriously.
Think before you type. If brad takes this forum too seriously, then you're taking it even more seriously by whining about it.

Level 8
No it's not. If Dreadnought was whining, he would do it in a childish manner. In this case, it's clearly not one.

Level 7
What do you guys think about Power abuse?
I'm tired of it since I get banned/kicked all the time for no reasons.
The reasons may be : Stupid comments , Telling my oppinion , And no its not oppinions about religion or politics.

What I think is that we should add a reason to the bans..
Like , Firelord213 got banned by Mod , Reason : Nothing etc.
Then the administrators maybe will know why people get banned.

I have heard the stupidest reasons of me getting banned sometimes and I have been behaving better than ever before now , But It's stupid that I get banned for breaking rules that dont excist.

Anyways do you think some mods abuses their chat powers?

Yeah on my first day i got neg rep i didnt know any better so they should give a way to get rid of this retarted neg rep

Level 8
Yes we are reading the same thread. You said that "Brad.dude just takes forums too seriously." is a whine. It's not.

Level 20
Exactly, so does that even count as power abuse, if it's simply used as a joke? Power abuse would be banning for moderately long periods of time without any apparent reason.

EDIT: And I'm tired of all of these people saying that the moderators are too serious. Listen, we're trying to achieve a community without idiots, spammers, flamers and trolls. Is it EVER fun to deal with those kinds of people? Moderators simply dish out the punishments for your acts. If you spammed -> You die. If you flamed -> You die more. It's quite simple, if you do something wrong, you will have consequences, REGARDLESS if you're on an internet site or in real life.

Just... please, TRY to NOT BE AN IDIOT!

Level 8
I don't agree with joke bans. Mods won't see it but if they continue doing it, at some point, I bet that some users will really get annoyed.
And it's not very professional to do that in my eyes either, not like THW is one, But an etiquette I think should be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.