• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power Abuse

Power Abuse

• Some do Abuse

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • No they dont abuse

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Li, if he has been doing the things you said, by all means make a thread in the Admin contact forum and bring this matter to the highest chairs of authority, as it is not one to be neglected.

did that ages ago. just got ignored. =(
all i got was
"Your second image is broken

I've noted EF to be hardly a paragon of maturity, so I'll look into this

And by "Paragon of maturity", you undoubtably know what I mean. This is hardly the first incident and if I find him doing such, I will be free to knock him down a peg"

Level 9
> Option six - The moderator hates that user

This should never under any condition be used as a reason to take some action against someone. Except perhaps -reputation, as that is what the system is designed for.

That's the very definition of power abuse. There is no reason to ban someone if you simply dislike them.
And I feel that a lot of what happens here stems from these things.
Staff members need to be impartial in order to properly enforce the rules when it comes to things of this nature.

:p You mean what EF does me? He bans me because he dislikes me, even though I've never broken a single forum rule =D.
Oh right, and wasn't EF supposed to be reviewing maps.. or something along those lines? That he claims to do so much of?

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
did that ages ago. just got ignored. =(
all i got was
"Your second image is broken

I've noted EF to be hardly a paragon of maturity, so I'll look into this

And by "Paragon of maturity", you undoubtably know what I mean. This is hardly the first incident and if I find him doing such, I will be free to knock him down a peg"

I couldn't agree with you more.
Watch him. And if he does anything of this sort again, take immediate action and don't give up until you're heard. I'll back you up if you need any support.

Level 12
This poll needs a third option

I wish we were all sitting down in a little circle, and that way we could literally yell in eachothers faces

And I would get to see a sick brawl :D

EDIT

Frostwhisper your avatar is making me trip out, in a bad way

(don't let the trolls get mee!!! eee!!)

Level 36
:p You mean what EF does me? He bans me because he dislikes me, even though I've never broken a single forum rule =D.
Oh right, and wasn't EF supposed to be reviewing maps.. or something along those lines? That he claims to do so much of?

I still think your manical plots count for something Panther :p

MANY people like Pyritie , I don't think that you'll ever get that much people to like you Brad.dude03 , So if no one likes Pyritie , Then I wonder how many people likes you.

Learn to sarcasm. I'm here to do my job, not to have people fawn over me. Though, I get enough of that anyway.

Level 14
Learn to sarcasm. I'm here to do my job, not to have people fawn over me. Though, I get enough of that anyway.

I don't want to learn Sarcasm , Because I don't like Sarcasm. :D

Any ways , There will be no difference if we just post stuff of how we got banned or why we got banned , I don't think the administrators would go through the whole Ban list to see if someone is abusing ''if there is a such thing''. Well , So there's no need to do it , If you feel that you're being treated bad by any moderator or any user then go here :

Admin Contact

Just get a screen shot , And upload it so the Administrators wont waste their time , And so you can prove your self , If the Administrators notices that someone is abusing powers all the time then they'll maybe do something about it.

Yea I just changed my mind , Sorry , But that's the best thing for us all to do.
I'm going to stop posting in this thread 'Unless someone is posting something that needs to be answered by me'' OkThanksBye.

I have 8 words for you all.

If you don't like it here, get lost. Problem solved, let's get on with our lives...

There is a reason for everything, so stop trying to find a needle in the haystack, if you were punished there was a valid reason for that, even if you don't know what the reason is, so stop sulking and recall your actions which lead to the punishment, I say. Some people are idiots, leave them be and don't talk to them. They should be immediately disposed of in any community. Oh, and NEVER take anything seriously until you've proven that it is serious.

P.S: If I missed the point, feel free to shoot me in the head with a 20mm shotgun. <removes his bulletproof helmet>

Level 20
I entirely agree with Elenai's post like 5-6 pages back. That's exactly the situation, whenever any user complains about power abuse.

Maybe this will make you guys happy. U R RAIGHT DA MUDZ R ALL POWOR ABOOSORZ. luk u see dey even neg-300 repd me liek OMG.

The sad part is I know most of the noobs complaining about moderators don't even know what Admin Contact is, or at least were too damn lazy to post in it. FFS, anyway, is it so bad to get banned for 60 seconds on a VIRTUAL INTERNET WEBSITE!! Or to lose worthless green hexagonal animated gifs?? If you're so mad about it, do something useful with your life!

Level 35
MANY people like Pyritie , I don't think that you'll ever get that much people to like you Brad.dude03 , So if no one likes Pyritie , Then I wonder how many people likes you.

I giggle at the "many" part....as for Brad...we have our disagreements, our battles, our pet peaves I am sure. But I like him, he's one of my greatest HIVE friends, and strongest comrades and confidantes.

Please refrain from insurrectionist speech, and the down-rating of mod work. Its not exactly the easiest thing for a mod to sweep a section. Even for the highly qualified users who are given the job. (and note, "we need more mods" talk will be punished with neg-rep by me)

Lol, I would enjoy some fawning every now and again ^^

I entirely agree with Elenai's post like 5-6 pages back. That's exactly the situation, whenever any user complains about power abuse.

Why thank you, maybe it should be quoted because I feel as though it has been overlooked almost entirely by a public who doesn't want to face the facts I proposed.

All in all, this thread is ridiculous, poor taste, and pretty much just another run of the mill "mod bashing" thread created and perpetrated by users who want power and are envious because we have it, and use it...much to their chagrin.

Level 20
HappyTauren is entirely correct.

Please, all of you, READ THIS.

Elenai said:
Are we mods not mortal as yourselves? Are we prone to mistakes?

-Yes

Do we abuse our power?

-No

YES YOU DO!

-Prove it

I CANT!

-Then shut up.

YOU ABUSER!

-insurrectionist malcontent

WE WANT NEW MODS!

-like yourselves?

I WOULD BE A BETTER MOD THAN YOU!

-So you could abuse your power on us?

YOU BANNED ME FOR NOTHING!

-Was it a joke? If so..laugh and grow up. If it wasn't....then you obviously did something wrong. And if you did something wrong as you obviously did, then you are once more doing something wrong, by being undisciplined children who whine when their elders rebuke them.

BUT HE BANNED ME!

-Grow up...are you dead? Are you suffering? Did your arm rot off at the mouse finger when you were banned? Did you suffer a brain hemorrhage after pissing yourself due to the massive emotional down spiral of losing chat time? If so....you need to get out of the HIVE and get laid or something....or maybe find a doctor.

No one likes Earth Fury's jokes!

-I do.

Earth Fury abuses his power!

-Prove it

I CANT YOU FUCKTARD!

-I already knew that much.

He should have his power removed!

-And who will take his place...you? Power-mongering malcontent...

You just like him so you will take his side!

-Mods and friends should stick together, I have had my share of EF "abuses"...and guess what...I laughed, I got over it...I guess I must simply be stronger than you are.

ASS KISSER!

-prove it, but you'll have to stop kissing your own ass to get to it.

Pfft!

-My final words for this matter, (at this moment) Until you provide sufficient proof of SUFFICIENT abuse...keep these sort of threads out of the HIVE, they only serve to split communities, and when that happens, our precious HIVE will be all but gone.

Just because they like me doesn't mean I like having tons of fantards following me around. It's annoying.

Level 35
Just because they like me doesn't mean I like having tons of fantards following me around. It's annoying.

You have fantards?
17065827d110ff7dbeb834b9010dbf6ecc16cc5.png

Seriously though...this thread probably should be closed.

Level 27
Because then if someone spams when almighty moderator of doom isn't on, there's absolutely nothing anyone else can do to stop him without the power to ban the offender?
Ignore is very useful as well. Not the be
Not everyone wants to learn. Some people are just here to annoy us. We feel no remorse for showing them the door, head first
If someone fails to learn, they are still eligible for punishment.
What matters is the quality of the people who like you.
Making a poll of how many people think the mods are ABUSEIVE11!!! Isnt going to do much.
No, but some polls would do well without an attached thread.
There is a reason for everything, so stop trying to find a needle in the haystack, if you were punished there was a valid reason for that, even if you don't know what the reason is, so stop sulking and recall your actions which lead to the punishment, I say. Some people are idiots, leave them be and don't talk to them. They should be immediately disposed of in any community. Oh, and NEVER take anything seriously until you've proven that it is serious.
Not every user is incapable of deciding if a punishment was abuse.
Seriously though...this thread probably should be closed.
Some polls would do well without an attached thread.

Level 35
The utter stupidity and the whole;

"been there, done that, got the tee-shirt, had sex in it, broke up with my girlfriend over it, burned it, buried it, recycled the dirt into a tree, and now its grown into a tee-shirt tree spouting out these horrible looking tee-shirts that are now filled with various slogans and logos that are so over-rated and cliche that now the only option left is to orbitally bombard the tree, watch it timber and crush Lumpy's leg and then laugh like a giddy little school girl on inhalants as he attempts to cut himself free with a spoon."

Level 3
=)) Thought you got mad at me... XD.. From what I read from the previous posts, A mod did ban a user and said the "Bad Word" to LiOneSs or whoever that is... so I voted some do abuse.. -confused-

Well , I'm not the only one agreeing on that ''someone'' is abusing his powers in chat , I just thought it was enough when Earth-Fury called LiOneSS a ''B1tch''.And she kept telling him to stop.Then we somehow ended up in the conversation about me being happy over that he got banned for power abuse and I get banned.

Level 8
I fail to see what makes this thread worth closing.
Same, it brought up several cases of mod abuse (whether it's true or not I don't care), because like some stated, (lioness) using the admin contact even for a case of sexual harassment didn't do much. So if a person's request is ignored after using the admin contact, I guess they have no other place than here to post their complaints.

Level 20
Many rules quotes now.

Rules said:
Reports and Appeals: Users who feel that these rules have been violated by another or wish to appeal punishment should report in the Admin Contact forum.

Do not create threads about your post count or reputation, or the post counts or reputation of other users.

Making a thread dedicated to one specific person is not allowed. Threads titled "Message to Bob" or something similar are unacceptable. Use the Private Message system instead.

So even if you felt like posting here, about your rep, because no one answered you in admin contact, YOU DID WRONG.

Level 8
Wrong or not, that's what some users have done.

What reputation are you talking about? I'm honestly confused.

Level 15
This thread has gone in circles and all the important and relevant points have been dually stated and discussed.

That said, this thread shall be closed from this point forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.