• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Poor Expedision, A Single Player Adventure! (Test Version Included for 1.29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Expedission is a Singleplayer vanilla styled campaign Adventure!

It features hours of entertaining gameplay within a vanilla enviorment, with allot of eastereggs, treasure hunts, base management and beautifully decorated landscapes!

The whole map is orientated around the original WC3 timeline during the period of the Scourge of Lordaeron. You play as an underpaid Alliance Lieutenant whom is send to southern Lordaeron to deal with the local Orc population while Arthas and Uther deal with the Orc invasion over at Strahnbrad.

The Lieutenant has been provided with a bare minimum of forces and recources to do allot of work. He uses his ingenuity to come up with unique, poor structures and troops to carry him trough his objectives as the plot unfolds.

Join our official Discord < (Click here).

Newest test version included! (Playable on 1.29)

Attachments

• Poor Expedision - Test version (1.29).w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 14
Screenshot? They'll ruin the experience! I want players to dive in head first without knowing what to expect.

I get that, but you might have trouble getting people to download something and test it without giving them a taste of what it might be like. People are lazy I'm afraid.

upload_2018-5-2_11-47-16.png

Allright, here you have a screenshot.

New Update! (5/7/18)

This update focusses mainly on the lategame areas and ballance of the map.
Allot of players complained to me about the lategame being way too easy, so I made it allot more challenging!

- New Orc combat unit available at the Mercenary camp located in the underground Orc Breeding Pits area
- Lategame bandit drop less gold
- Orcs now attack in proper attack waves
- Added an EXP handicap for the Hero that decreases exp gain the higher level he is.
- All Orcs (both ranged and melee) now give loot when killed, but recource gain is greatly reduced.
- Made lategame areas allot harder, both existing enemies and added new ones!
- Goblin sidequest is finished and accessible in game.
- Added new Tech for the player.
- New troop available for you to train!
- Upcomming swamp area is comming together beautifully! Have a look in the world editor if you wish.

Level 12
View attachment 297386

Allright, here you have a screenshot.

If you are picking a screenshot, pick a good one. Not a random piece of anything. What I am guessing you have done is just fired teh game and screenshited teh first random thing that popped around. Something that relates to what you are trying to show off.
This particular piece of your map is... at most lacking. "beautifully decorated landscapes" where is this in there?
Blizzard themselves have better looking and more interesting terrain in general, and they are definitely not famous for their war3 terrains quality.

You really need more in the first post. It is way too plain.
By the description you've given, it sounds like another copy of the thousands generic maps made in just a few hours by throwing random stuff together. Story is... overused.

That is from me.

Regards
-Ned

scr5.png
scr2.png
scr3.png
scr4.png
If you are picking a screenshot, pick a good one. Not a random piece of anything. What I am guessing you have done is just fired teh game and screenshited teh first random thing that popped around. Something that relates to what you are trying to show off.
This particular piece of your map is... at most lacking. "beautifully decorated landscapes" where is this in there?
Blizzard themselves have better looking and more interesting terrain in general, and they are definitely not famous for their war3 terrains quality.

You really need more in the first post. It is way too plain.
By the description you've given, it sounds like another copy of the thousands generic maps made in just a few hours by throwing random stuff together. Story is... overused.

That is from me.

Regards
-Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.