• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Shadowmancer: DYNAMIC RPG CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
v1.2 - Campaign was slightly optimized. Changed difficulty for chapter 6 and 7.

See Changelog tab in the campaign description to view details.

Added some screenshots for chapter 1 and 2. Starting to sort screenshots in the campaign description.

I tested on two notebooks: old and new. Old one loaded chapter 1 within 1.5min, second one - within 1 min.

Level 11
VERSION 1.4F
Fixed grammar mistakes in chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6. (thanks to deepstrasz)
Lightning Charge ability was improved, now you will not suffer by slowing bug anymore, and you can use this ability near obstacle (but you still can't blink THROUGH OBSTACLES)
View changelog to see details.
Soon I'll finish to update this campaign and start asking for approving.

Level 3
How on Earth do I beat the first boss, I picked Chapter 1 clean, and I still can't get close to lvl 3, which means I can't remove any of his buffs except for detection which isn't good enough. Please Help!

(Nevermind, You just have to have the balls to right click him) Great Campaign so far!

Last edited:
Level 11
How on Earth do I beat the first boss, I picked Chapter 1 clean, and I still can't get close to lvl 3, which means I can't remove any of his buffs except for detection which isn't good enough. Please Help!

(Nevermind, You just have to have the balls to right click him) Great Campaign so far!
If you reaches Chapter 5, then tell me about the final boss difficulty, beacuse the campaign is still under development, and chapters 5,6,7 and 8 are still requiring the balancing.
The chapters 1,2,3 and 4 are balanced enough to play it even at the NORMAL MODE.

Level 3
If you reaches Chapter 5, then tell me about the final boss difficulty, beacuse the campaign is still under development, and chapters 5,6,7 and 8 are still requiring the balancing.
The chapters 1,2,3 and 4 are balanced enough to play it even at the NORMAL MODE.
Will do, the campaign is VERY time consuming so it will probably take a while, on that note, if the campaign is still under development, I think it would be very nice if you made more of the cinematics skippable, I understand that you can save after each cinematic, but despite the fact that half the cinematics are skippable, there are a great many NONSKIPPABLE scenes that not only are very time consuming, but don;t contain any important game play information, I would really love it, if almost all Cinematics were skippable, but in return all the gameplay information was displayed as log messages (that way, you can also reread information). The reason I think that this is important is because Usually I don't skip Cinematics, but in this case because the loading screens are so long, and the game is so challenging(which I love), I end up using alot of time on watching the loading screen of this game, I understand why the loading screens take so long, because of the cool imported music, and the huge amount of work you put in, so I get you can't change that but it would be nice to offset the difference with fully skippable cinematics

Level 11
Will do, the campaign is VERY time consuming so it will probably take a while, on that note, if the campaign is still under development, I think it would be very nice if you made more of the cinematics skippable,
Ok I'll make it skippable.
because of the cool imported music, and the huge amount of work you put in
Remember, 80% of loading time is loading of the custom data, other 20% is triggers/imported files/doodads etc. I very sorry about long loading time. Also don't forget about F6 fast saving game: cinematic ends and press f6 to save the game.
P.S What is your progress now? Did you find any bugs or something?
P.S.S In next chapters you will find less non-skippable cinematics. I made some non-skippable cinematics at the beggining, because I want to involve the player into the plot and explain it how everything is working here.

Last edited:
Level 3
Ok I'll make it skippable.

Remember, 80% of loading time is loading of the custom data, other 20% is triggers/imported files/doodads etc. I very sorry about long loading time. Also don't forget about F6 fast saving game: cinematic ends and press f6 to save the game.
P.S What is your progress now? Did you find any bugs or something?
P.S.S In next chapters you will find less non-skippable cinematics. I made some non-skippable cinematics at the beggining, because I want to involve the player into the plot and explain it how everything is working here.
I hit Chapter 3 Yesterday, the game runs very well, no bugs in Chapters 1 or 2, there are two things in Chapter 3, When I finished the Wolf hunter quest, and I escaped the cinematic, it may have been due to the timing of me hitting escape, but the screen went completely white, My hero still moved around and like the audio was all there, but I could not see shit on the game map(minimap was fine), The bad part was that even when I saved and loaded it was still white, luckily the issue resolved itself when I guessed the position of the tinker, and the cinematic played and when it was over, things were back to normal, however if someone were to run into this issue, and was not about to turn in the tinker quest that would be a big issue. The second thing is that On chapter 3 if you zoom the camera out to more than 2/5 everything will pretty much be black, and you cannot see a thing, I am not sure if this is intentional or not though, to like add poor visibility as a challenge. Also I forgot to ask, does upgrading the perfectionist improve the stat or energy per level gain, or does it only increase from str2 agi2 int2 to str5 agi5 int5?

Level 3
oh also, it would be nice if you suggested using the libram as the level 2 artifact for the wand-charging side-quest, because I upgraded it in Chapter 1, figuring it was the only item I would always need in my inventory, so I didn't use it in the Chapter 2 quest, and turns out from a later Chapter 2 side quest it was actually my most expendable item, alternatively I would really appreciate one more quest that asks you to make the same decision between a lvl 2 item and energy. I was SOOOO mad :mad: when I learned that I got the effect passively, and I wasted energy upgrading the libram, and I wasted even more energy on the sidequest. Other than that the Side Quest rewards are amazingly satisfying.

Level 11
The second thing is that On chapter 3 if you zoom the camera out to more than 2/5 everything will pretty much be black, and you cannot see a thing, I am not sure if this is intentional or not though, to like add poor visibility as a challenge.
It was intentional. You are in the mountains with bad climate.
he bad part was that even when I saved and loaded it was still white, luckily the issue resolved itself when I guessed the position of the tinker
Probably the problem is in fade screen filter I'll fix that. (also if you meet this bug again just use Lightning Charge, it replaces filters)
Also I forgot to ask, does upgrading the perfectionist improve the stat or energy per level gain, or does it only increase from str2 agi2 int2 to str5 agi5 int5?
Upgraded item gives more stats and the energy points upon the level up. (with chance) So it is worth to upgrade the Perfectionist.
I was SOOOO mad :mad: when I learned that I got the effect passively, and I wasted energy upgrading the libram, and I wasted even more energy on the sidequest.
But LoEW (the libram) is one of the items which increases your INT.

Level 3
Just cleared all Chap 3 sidequests! Which leads me to a question, how exactly does Shard of Merchants work? I understand that it only will reduce costs during one chapter, but how much exactly does it reduce costs, the tooltip was not perfectly clear, does the tooltip mean it will revert the energy and gold cost back to the cost that it was during chapter 1?

Level 11
Just cleared all Chap 3 sidequests! Which leads me to a question, how exactly does Shard of Merchants work? I understand that it only will reduce costs during one chapter, but how much exactly does it reduce costs, the tooltip was not perfectly clear, does the tooltip mean it will revert the energy and gold cost back to the cost that it was during chapter 1?
Yes it is. Also you can find Alchemist Stone in ch 4 and further. it increases potions number in markets (but the potion store number can be larger than 10)
Also, if you have free time could you give me some advices about game mechanic and item bonuses here?
[Campaign] - Shadowmancer 2: THE INHERITOR

Level 3
Yes it is. Also you can find Alchemist Stone in ch 4 and further. it increases potions number in markets (but the potion store number can be larger than 10)
Also, if you have free time could you give me some advices about game mechanic and item bonuses here?
[Campaign] - Shadowmancer 2: THE INHERITOR
Alright I'll take a look when I get a chance, The new campaign's features look really cool!

Level 3
In the second game it seems that decapitation explicitly gives more XP, but in the first game do you get special things for decapitating aside from quest rewards, Because I decided to try the campaign again, this time spending my energy ideally so that I would have the best stats and items, And I was redoing the zombie quest, and I accidentally decapitated a bandit on horseback, and I got a free terrastone, which I thought I was supposed to get as the quest reward, not as a random drop, so did this happen because I decapitated a specific enemy?

Level 11
In the second game it seems that decapitation explicitly gives more XP, but in the first game do you get special things for decapitating aside from quest rewards, Because I decided to try the campaign again, this time spending my energy ideally so that I would have the best stats and items, And I was redoing the zombie quest, and I accidentally decapitated a bandit on horseback, and I got a free terrastone, which I thought I was supposed to get as the quest reward, not as a random drop, so did this happen because I decapitated a specific enemy?
YOu dropped terrastone from bandit? Nice one. It's chance 5 %. There are some NPC which can drop items with a low chance.
In the second game it seems that decapitation explicitly gives more XP, but in the first game do you get special things for decapitating aside from quest rewards,
No =( I was young and impulsive, totally forgot to add some bonuses while killing by decapitating. At least you've got the bloody effect:D

Level 3
What chapter?
i don't remember bugs with losing exp after killing a mind controlled unit.

Just Chapter 1
And I seems messed all up.
I have done all the side quest ,killed every single enemy I can find to level up.
But I just leveled up once.......

And now I'm trying to beat the first boss with my level 2 hero......with all the side quest handicap
....Sad

----------Edit---------
Someone met this problem before,No hint received and he reached chapter3
.........Maybe I should start it over and git gud.

----------Edit------
Nailed it!
Great campaign!
Especially the terrain shadow.

Last edited:
Level 11
VERSION 1.4.3
Finally new patch here. The main feature - new ability Meditation. It restores health and mana, but you can't restore more, than 50% of total health and 33% of total mana. It's like an emergency skill which has own price. So use it wisely. You may find this ability in the Option.

Level 11
VERSION 1.4.3e
1.General

- Decreases damage of some units in the chapter 1.

- The chapter 1 boss spell damage was decreased.

- Increases the hidden boss timer for each chapter.

- Mana Orbs are spawning more often while the boss fights go on.

2. Abilities

- Meditation decreases hidden timer by 30 sec. instead of 1 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.