• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poll: Who Kicks most ass Illidan or Arthas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
i choose...
i choose...

both!! (play popeye the sailor man tune)

personally, id say that id kill them both. so i vote for me

theres also this magical thing when you create a topic that says "poll"

try it... :?

Level 13
@formula 1 - if that rude comment was about me, i would highly recommend not calling me that again because i have been called rude by my parents at inappropriate times, and when i was not being rude. i just wanted you to know that its one of those things that pisses me off very quickly and involves controlled rage

Level 11
*pulls out a fire extinguisher and sprays both Formula1 and Kerrigan*

Be nice! Don't make me use this again! *shakes the fire extinguisher threateningly*

Anyway, who do I vote for....? I don't really like either of them, but if I had to choose, I'ld say Illidan. But only because I like the Elves and the Naga.

Level 7
Mwaha, obviously GreyArchon - you forget that Illidian has reciewed demonic powers aswell, and in the campaign where Arthas still is a measly acolyte of the Lich King, yet still undead, they are about equal in power - PLUS Illidian is such a pussy letting himself being caught be MAIVE - mwaha, I vote Arthas! Fallen from Grace, destroys his own farther to gain world domination, plus he is more Evil-hearted - Illidian still wants to fight evil with evil, but Arthas is more a soul I can relate to! Destroying all good things in the world, oh how I would love to be a diktator of the earth :twisted:

Level 23
Kerrigan said:
@formula 1 - if that rude comment was about me, i would highly recommend not calling me that again because i have been called rude by my parents at inappropriate times, and when i was not being rude. i just wanted you to know that its one of those things that pisses me off very quickly and involves controlled rage

Now now, lass. No need to be rude. :roll:

Level 5
Illidan, of course. He has less clothes. ^^

Or he actually looks like he can beat someone like Arthas (arthas that looks like he haven't a muscle and never had), just that Blizzard don't think it would be a good ending on wc3.. -_-

Level 3
I'm afraid many members misinterpreted the question. The question is, in my insight: "Who is most powerful".

Illidan is definitely more powerful than Arthas. Arthas could have impossibly won the battle against Illidan, even if his powers were not diminished, if he was not aided by the formidable powers of Frostmourne.

Illidan has grown incredibly powerful; He consumed the energies of Gul'dan's skull.

Or he actually looks like he can beat someone like Arthas (arthas that looks like he haven't a muscle and never had), just that Blizzard don't think it would be a good ending on wc3.. -_-

Arthas' muscles are useless; Undead Creatures are fueled and held together by Ner'zhul's power and energy.

Level 9
Mind said:
I'm afraid many members misinterpreted the question. The question is, in my insight: "Who is most powerful".

Illidan is definitely more powerful than Arthas. Arthas could have impossibly won the battle against Illidan, even if his powers were not diminished, if he was not aided by the formidable powers of Frostmourne.

Illidan has grown incredibly powerful; He consumed the energies of Gul'dan's skull.

If Arthas /only\ won because of Frostmourne, does the same not apply to Illidans strength ? Is he not /only\ powerful because of the Skull ?

Level 3
Illidan's power, which he drained from the Skull of Gul'dan, is not an item. Arthas himself, without his runeblade, is relatively weak.

Level 6
exactly. f you where to put 'em both weaponless in the middle-of-no-where, illidan would surely kick the shit out of arthas in no time at all.

i vote for illadn cuse he's a night-elf, he's also a demon hunter and he rocks! also he kicks ass.

Level 17
They're both just as gay. They probably like having buttsex together. Blizzard has a tendency to make crappy characters for their stories. One sided, predictable and provokingly ugly. I hate em both. Blizzard made their biggest mistake when A: They came up with Night Elves for Warcraft 3 and B: When they came up with Arthas.

Level 5
Arthas... why (almost at Kerrigan) because he's the warcraft 3 form of Kerrigan.
-Assimulated-Undead
-Works for bigger telepathic mind
-Similar personality

-Do the math, almost everything they've done is the same in each game (as are most Starcraft/Warcraft storylines)

@Lord Finarfin: Images, funny, laugh... really you had me cracking up...

Level 5
Mind said:
Arthas' muscles are useless; Undead Creatures are fueled and held together by Ner'zhul's power and energy.

Arthas still is a human. nothing but a little pathetic human. He lacks everything that would make him a good warrior. And he really isn't undead. He just has no soul and is the lich kings little puppet.
And mostly, he is controlled by rage. I wouldn't call that a good warrior, just because he has a tormented ex-orc telling him what to do. ^^

He had frostmourne when he met Illidan the first time, then they were evenly matched. After that, Illidan consumed the Skull of Gul'dan, becoming more powerful.
Yes, Blizzard has really missed putting some things together here.

Level 11
"Illidan, of course. He has less clothes. ^^ "

That's another good reason Illidan is better. :D

"@Lord Finarfin: Images, funny, laugh... really you had me cracking up..."

Mind clarifying yourself? I do not know of these images you speak of.

Level 3
Uh, Lord Finarfin, that was not my comment.

Arthas still is a human. nothing but a little pathetic human. He lacks everything that would make him a good warrior. And he really isn't undead. He just has no soul and is the lich kings little puppet.

He clearly is Undead. You cannot contradict that. His body is slowly rapidly rotting.

And mostly, he is controlled by rage. I wouldn't call that a good warrior, just because he has a tormented ex-orc telling him what to do. ^^

He is controlled by ultimate bloodlust. Not rage.

Kel'Thuzad was a human. A councillor of Lordaeron. Until he betrayed his country.

He had frostmourne when he met Illidan the first time, then they were evenly matched. After that, Illidan consumed the Skull of Gul'dan, becoming more powerful.

The power of Frostmourne depends on the Lich King's desire to empower it.

Blizzard made their biggest mistake when A: They came up with Night Elves for Warcraft 3 and B: When they came up with Arthas.

The Night Elves were not a bad idea at all, but those ancients are, to say the least, absurd.

Level 23
Mind said:
Uh, Lord Finarfin, that was not my comment.

He clearly is Undead. You cannot contradict that. His body is slowly rapidly rotting.

Slowly rapidly? And as he is now, he is neither human or undead, but just a pinnacle of power, the essence of frost, psionics, and necromancy (or however you want to describe an 'ultimate undead power')

Mind said:

Kel'Thuzad was a human. A councillor of Lordaeron. Until he betrayed his country.

He's neither controlled by bloodlust or rage. And the ex-orc Finfarfin spoke about is of course Ner'zhul.

Mind said:

So, both Arthas and the Lich King -together- beat Illidan. Not Arthas solo.

Mind said:
Blizzard made their biggest mistake when A: They came up with Night Elves for Warcraft 3 and B: When they came up with Arthas.

The Night Elves were not a bad idea at all, but those ancients are, to say the least, absurd.

Ancients are a very understandable factor in the history of Warcraft. The idea of a "council of omnipotent beings" is as old as the ages.

Level 11
...you guys need to go reread my comments. All I've said in this thread is that I like Illidan more becausse I like the Naga and Elves. DragonElement said something to me which I didn't understand clearly so I asked him to clarify. I haven't said anything else. So, I never said anything to you, Mind. Try to get your quotes right, boys. :roll: :wink:

Anyway on topic, in a contest of strength, Illidan is better. Remember in RoC where a level 10 Arthas fought a level 6 Illidan and they were even? At the beginning of the mission where Illidan consumed the skull of Gul'dan? And now Illidan is even stronger. I think Arthas only won that single combat because the Lich-King was practically sitting right next to them.

Level 8
Yeah, DragonElement, but Kerrigan was smart. Arthas is just some bumbling dufus with an incredibly powerful sword. He sucked ass in Human campaign until he got frostmourne, then he was like uber-junked-up-steroid-killeverythinginsight-dude. Also Kerrigan looked good (both Starcraft and W3sear.ch ones), even when she was zergified. Arthas is just... gross. (yes, I am a boy)

Illidan consumed the skull of guldan, which bolstered his overall strength. He doesn't hold it and get powerful, it is part of him. Its like the difference between a Tome of Strength +3 and Gauntlets of Ogre Strength. Also, you gotta cut Illidan some slack. How are you supposed to maintain your strength after 10,000 years?!?!? Hes only been out for the last 1/8 of RoC and TFT.

I don't really like either of them. I like Illidan as a unit better. Both characters suck. But I like the fast attacking, hard hitting demon hunter better than a death knight who can only seem to lift his sword every 3 seconds.

There is no way Arthas would have won. Illidan was demonized, had backing from Kil'Jaeden (orb), uber-fast attack, immolation, mana burn, dodging, and skull of guldan boost. Arthas is just some nerd with a sword and shield playing dress-up dnd. Whats he gonna do, death coil? Oh no! 100 damage!

I dont like either. My favorite characters are (in order) Maiev, Grom, Jaina, Cairne, Abub' Arack (however you spell it). Actually my favorite heroes are Warden and Blademaster...[/b]

Level 7
@PsychoMagnataur - heh, I kindda like the infested Kerrigan better :twisted: is that wierd?

Well, obvious in a one-on-one, it is beyond my understanding how Arthas won the final duel, and yes, I too blame the near prescence of the Lichking. But that does not compromise Arthas position as a general of the undead horde - I believe the DK way more then the DH augments allied troops - so, in a way, its absurd Illidan is to lead the Naga nation.

Anyways, you could say, Arthas has greater ambitions than Illidan. Compared to destroying evil, taking over the world and lay waste to all good, is a much more preferable options :twisted: aw, come on, don't tell me you are all Lawfull good chars

Level 13
see? i am the best!!

and psychomagnataur really is right. illidan is so much better than some pathetic human.

Level 5
Mind said:

If Arthas body would start deacying, he would not look human. he would look like either a ghoul or a zombie. I haven't seen any sign of that, just that he is a tiny bit paler than me.

I would say rage. That was his problem already when he had a soul, which still lurked in the shadows until he and the lich king did that kinky stuff in the ens of the frozen throne.

Kel'Thuzad is just Arthas little deliveryboy, I was speaking of Nerzhul, the lich king himself.

And why would Kiljaeden, the one that made Nerzhul the lich king, use someone like Illidan, if he didn't belive that Illidan could kill the lich king?

that just sound stupid, no offense. but the lich king was stronger before arthas and illidans final battle. it really makes no sense. And Illidan also have many, many more years of training with his two swords, than Arthas has trained with his hammer or what prince-paladins now use.
and it's a common rule, that the one that has more experience, beats the one with less experience.

Level 7
Kerrigan said:
see? i am the best!!

and psychomagnataur really is right. illidan is so much better than some pathetic human.

EY! yes, Illidan probably is more powerfull, but Arthas is not pathetic! :cry: now you made me cry! He is a hero who wants to destroy all good in the name of the Lich King - that is ambition - I say that Illidan is more a tool of Kil'Jaeden, than Arthas is a tool of the Lich King

I hope one day to rule the earth, and then I'm gonna nuke everyone who opposes me, simply bacause you would be worthless in comparison to me, if I was president of the Earth

btw, PsychoMagnataur, that last comment is a really big "but" :roll:

Level 5
Omg... look 1. Arthas and Kerrigan are similar in storyline (Play Starcraft again and play close attention to her story *Good girl defends her planet, good girl is assimulated, planet is assimulated, bla bla bla)

2.Arthas is 1. Not a mumbling duffus 2. Not a tool because he is doing it now because he wants to (Illidan is just filling his shorts when his master shows up though) 3. Yes, has a powerfull sword, why, because his is the choosen of the Lich King to use it (How many people qualify for that job?) 4. WILL KILL ANY MORTAL THAT OPPOSES HIM 5. I can keep going till about number.... hmm.... 37.

Level 1
*Arthas and Illidan were equal in RoC.

I A
1-1

Illidan "consumed" the power of the Skull of Gul'dan and became a strong kickass demon with wings and stuff.

I A
11-1

Arthas injured Illidan badly in the end of the TFT campaign.

I A
11-6

Arthas "fused"(?) together with Ner'zhul and became the new lich king.

I A
11-26

Illidan got some old half dead Draeneis and a band of crazed elves.

I A
16-26

Arthas controls the undead scourge.

I A
16-86

Level 8
Woo, this is a hot topic!

Arthas + Undead Scourge

Illidan + Draenai + Naga + Blood Elves + Random Demons

Arthas Advantages : Lich King presence, Scourge builds with kills, Uber Runeblade, Kickass undead bug sidekick, Unholy Aura, Healing (D Coil)
Arthas Disadvantages : He is a moron, he attacks WAAAAYY too slow, he is weakened, he begins WAAAAYY outnumbered...

Illidan Advantages : Demonized, 3 races, 3 heros (Illidan, Kael, Vasj), bigger forces
Illidan Disadvantages : He is a moron, no team support abilities, he is blind, he was beaten pretty bad by Night Elves (i.e. Maiev OWNED him, cuz she OWNS everyone)

Alternate ending (as I would have done it)
Illidan and Arthas fight, no body wins. Maiev finds Ilidan and goes to capture him. Anub' Arak goes "Wrooooaaarr" and fights Illidan. Maiev OWNZORS Arthas' ass by shadow strike + avatar + fan o knives, he dies. Illidan kills Anub' Arak. Maiev and Illidan fight. A BIG ASS MAGNATAUR SHOWS UP AND OWNZ EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, thats how it should have been...

Level 5
Illidan, in short, is like every other Demon Hunter out there. He relies on his agility to survive. All he can really do is soak up the attackes like every other high level Demon Hunter (Which is why most pros will tell you to attack a Demon Hunter last, by the way). Arthas is better. Much, much, much, much better. And if he gets lonly he can talk to his sword! You can't beat that!

Level 7
Kerrigan said:
when i get lonly i talk to jodie, the possessed form of my house :twisted: :twisted:

.... what? WHAT??? What the **** is THAT? :? Where is Illidan and Arthas in this? Kerrigan, you dimwit, darkhearted, bold, sarcastic yooouuu, YOU!!! NaRGH!

Level 5
Illidan isnt dead. all of the nightelves except Illidan gave there immortality to save the tree. (i forget its name) tree of life... or somthing, i dunno.. oh yah, world tree :roll:

Level 7
no - the dreaded Sea-Badger (you are not gonna find it in WE so dont bother) took Illidans immortality, and started to gnaw away at it, like if it was a piece of... cheese

thruth!

Level 1
If I remember the warcraft lore right, Illidan didn't die.

Most of the elves died when Arthas attacked Quel'Thalas and played with their pritty little fountain.
The orcs killed allmost all draenei, only one small "tribe".
And I belive the naga abandoned Illidan after the battle between Arthas and him but I'm not sure.
This would make Illidans force fairly small.

While Arthas what? got control over allmost every dead thing in Northrend and Lordaeron or something like that?

Arthas force>Illidans force

And weren't Illidan supposed to destroy the Lich King? Didn't kil'jaeden get angry at him when he failed and went to Outland? So wouldn't kil'jaeden probably be pissed of at Illidan now when he failed again?

kil'jaeden>Illidan

Level 3
Most of the elves died when Arthas attacked Quel'Thalas and played with their pritty little fountain.

Ah, there's were the plot holes start to appear. Any race you control has only very few warriors.

And I belive the naga abandoned Illidan after the battle between Arthas and him but I'm not sure.

Heh. You'd debate or even lie to protect the fame of your hero, Arthas?

The Naga did not abandon Illidan. Perhaps those few Naga warriors which tried to conquer small parts of Kalimdor confused you?

I'm certain I read somewhere that the the combined forces of the Naga and Blood Elves fled to Outland after their defeat.

While Arthas what? got control over allmost every dead thing in Northrend and Lordaeron or something like that?

Not quite. The Lich King telephatically controls a lot of living entities. The wendigo, for example.
Also, the majority of the Lich King's power has faded, and a lot of his warriors have turned on him.
Strange. Arthas liberated the Lich King by shattering his prison. In this matter, all the Lich King's power should have been lost.

"There's a fracture in my prison, the Frozen Throne, and my energies are seeping from it."
-Ner'zhul

This fracture the Lich King mentioned has enlarged quite a bit.
Yet, the Lich King slowly regains his power… Despite that fact, he completely lost control over the Forsaken.
This is getting confusing…

If Illidan was still alive, I'd say, obviously, that Arthas is more powerful than Illidan…

And weren't Illidan supposed to destroy the Lich King? Didn't kil'jaeden get angry at him when he failed and went to Outland? So wouldn't kil'jaeden probably be pissed of at Illidan now when he failed again?

Certainly. Especially now he killed Maghteridon and conquered Outland.
However, this has absolutely nothing to do with the power of one of those individuals.

Level 1
Ah, there's were the plot holes start to appear. Any race you control has only very few warriors.

What are you talking about? It might just be my bad english so could you explain?

Heh. You'd debate or even lie to protect the fame of your hero, Arthas?

I'm not lying and I hope I'm not trying to start a debate.
"I belive" "I'm not sure" It's true I do belive the naga went back to the sea but I don't remember my source so I'm not sure.

The Naga did not abandon Illidan. Perhaps those few Naga warriors which tried to conquer small parts of Kalimdor confused you?

I'm certain I read somewhere that the the combined forces of the Naga and Blood Elves fled to Outland after their defeat.

I'm certain I read somewhere that the naga didn't flee to Outland.

Not quite. The Lich King telephatically controls a lot of living entities. The wendigo, for example.
Also, the majority of the Lich King's power has faded, and a lot of his warriors have turned on him.
Strange. Arthas liberated the Lich King by shattering his prison. In this matter, all the Lich King's power should have been lost.

"There's a fracture in my prison, the Frozen Throne, and my energies are seeping from it."
-Ner'zhul

This fracture the Lich King mentioned has enlarged quite a bit.
Yet, the Lich King slowly regains his power… Despite that fact, he completely lost control over the Forsaken.
This is getting confusing…

If Illidan was still alive, I'd say, obviously, that Arthas is more powerful than Illidan…

Yeah... I forgot about that.

I would say: Arthas kicks Illidans ass but Illidan will allways be the sexiest.

Level 1
on one hand u have ner'zul+arthas

well on the other u have illidan+Gul'Dan

in my opinion arthas and ner'zul=strength

and illidan and gul'dan = night elf speed and orc speels and intelegence

sure ner'zul was the first orc to drink the dmeon blood but he was also the first to fall victum to it that makes hima pussy/grom hellscream even over came the dmeons blood

and the lich kings is nothing i mean come on hes armor...ina big ice chunk

Illidan here my friend..........now just to get him some better blades...i mean his new ones r nothing compared to his ld ones with the monkey face in the center :lol: :eek: :) :D :shock: :?: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Level 1
Also you all act as if illidans dead...i think a mighty warrior who was caged for 10 thousand years and has also been training that long can withstand a little blade slice...........

COME ON HES ILLIDAN

illidan owns arthas ne day

and btw: dont say illidan got cought by maive

shes a fucking detumened bitch and she even leave her own poeple behind to get him...its not like arthas has troble sleeping at night with some wench fallowing him weere ever he goes -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.