1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Poll: Who Kicks most ass Illidan or Arthas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Venom, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Tari

Tari

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arthas still is a human. nothing but a little pathetic human. He lacks everything that would make him a good warrior. And he really isn't undead. He just has no soul and is the lich kings little puppet.
    And mostly, he is controlled by rage. I wouldn't call that a good warrior, just because he has a tormented ex-orc telling him what to do. ^^

He had frostmourne when he met Illidan the first time, then they were evenly matched. After that, Illidan consumed the Skull of Gul'dan, becoming more powerful.
    Yes, Blizzard has really missed putting some things together here.

2. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Illidan, of course. He has less clothes. ^^ "

That's another good reason Illidan is better. :D

"@Lord Finarfin: Images, funny, laugh... really you had me cracking up..."

Mind clarifying yourself? I do not know of these images you speak of.

3. Mind

Mind

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh, Lord Finarfin, that was not my comment.

He clearly is Undead. You cannot contradict that. His body is slowly rapidly rotting.

He is controlled by ultimate bloodlust. Not rage.

Kel'Thuzad was a human. A councillor of Lordaeron. Until he betrayed his country.

The power of Frostmourne depends on the Lich King's desire to empower it.

The Night Elves were not a bad idea at all, but those ancients are, to say the least, absurd.

4. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Slowly rapidly? And as he is now, he is neither human or undead, but just a pinnacle of power, the essence of frost, psionics, and necromancy (or however you want to describe an 'ultimate undead power')

He's neither controlled by bloodlust or rage. And the ex-orc Finfarfin spoke about is of course Ner'zhul.

So, both Arthas and the Lich King -together- beat Illidan. Not Arthas solo.

Ancients are a very understandable factor in the history of Warcraft. The idea of a "council of omnipotent beings" is as old as the ages.

5. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    ...you guys need to go reread my comments. All I've said in this thread is that I like Illidan more becausse I like the Naga and Elves. DragonElement said something to me which I didn't understand clearly so I asked him to clarify. I haven't said anything else. So, I never said anything to you, Mind. Try to get your quotes right, boys. :roll: :wink:

Anyway on topic, in a contest of strength, Illidan is better. Remember in RoC where a level 10 Arthas fought a level 6 Illidan and they were even? At the beginning of the mission where Illidan consumed the skull of Gul'dan? And now Illidan is even stronger. I think Arthas only won that single combat because the Lich-King was practically sitting right next to them.

6. PsychoMagnataur

PsychoMagnataur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, DragonElement, but Kerrigan was smart. Arthas is just some bumbling dufus with an incredibly powerful sword. He sucked ass in Human campaign until he got frostmourne, then he was like uber-junked-up-steroid-killeverythinginsight-dude. Also Kerrigan looked good (both Starcraft and W3sear.ch ones), even when she was zergified. Arthas is just... gross. (yes, I am a boy)

Illidan consumed the skull of guldan, which bolstered his overall strength. He doesn't hold it and get powerful, it is part of him. Its like the difference between a Tome of Strength +3 and Gauntlets of Ogre Strength. Also, you gotta cut Illidan some slack. How are you supposed to maintain your strength after 10,000 years?!?!? Hes only been out for the last 1/8 of RoC and TFT.

I don't really like either of them. I like Illidan as a unit better. Both characters suck. But I like the fast attacking, hard hitting demon hunter better than a death knight who can only seem to lift his sword every 3 seconds.

There is no way Arthas would have won. Illidan was demonized, had backing from Kil'Jaeden (orb), uber-fast attack, immolation, mana burn, dodging, and skull of guldan boost. Arthas is just some nerd with a sword and shield playing dress-up dnd. Whats he gonna do, death coil? Oh no! 100 damage!

I dont like either. My favorite characters are (in order) Maiev, Grom, Jaina, Cairne, Abub' Arack (however you spell it). Actually my favorite heroes are Warden and Blademaster...[/b]

7. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    @PsychoMagnataur - heh, I kindda like the infested Kerrigan better :twisted: is that wierd?

Well, obvious in a one-on-one, it is beyond my understanding how Arthas won the final duel, and yes, I too blame the near prescence of the Lichking. But that does not compromise Arthas position as a general of the undead horde - I believe the DK way more then the DH augments allied troops - so, in a way, its absurd Illidan is to lead the Naga nation.

Anyways, you could say, Arthas has greater ambitions than Illidan. Compared to destroying evil, taking over the world and lay waste to all good, is a much more preferable options :twisted: aw, come on, don't tell me you are all Lawfull good chars

8. Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Resources:
    Resources:
    see? i am the best!!

and psychomagnataur really is right. illidan is so much better than some pathetic human.

9. PsychoMagnataur

PsychoMagnataur

Resources:
    Resources:
    BTW, who likes my new avatar?

10. Tari

Tari

Resources:
    Resources:
    If Arthas body would start deacying, he would not look human. he would look like either a ghoul or a zombie. I haven't seen any sign of that, just that he is a tiny bit paler than me.

I would say rage. That was his problem already when he had a soul, which still lurked in the shadows until he and the lich king did that kinky stuff in the ens of the frozen throne.

Kel'Thuzad is just Arthas little deliveryboy, I was speaking of Nerzhul, the lich king himself.

And why would Kiljaeden, the one that made Nerzhul the lich king, use someone like Illidan, if he didn't belive that Illidan could kill the lich king?

that just sound stupid, no offense. but the lich king was stronger before arthas and illidans final battle. it really makes no sense. And Illidan also have many, many more years of training with his two swords, than Arthas has trained with his hammer or what prince-paladins now use.
    and it's a common rule, that the one that has more experience, beats the one with less experience.

11. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    EY! yes, Illidan probably is more powerfull, but Arthas is not pathetic! :cry: now you made me cry! He is a hero who wants to destroy all good in the name of the Lich King - that is ambition - I say that Illidan is more a tool of Kil'Jaeden, than Arthas is a tool of the Lich King

I hope one day to rule the earth, and then I'm gonna nuke everyone who opposes me, simply bacause you would be worthless in comparison to me, if I was president of the Earth

btw, PsychoMagnataur, that last comment is a really big "but" :roll:

12. DragonElement

DragonElement

Resources:
    Resources:
    Omg... look 1. Arthas and Kerrigan are similar in storyline (Play Starcraft again and play close attention to her story *Good girl defends her planet, good girl is assimulated, planet is assimulated, bla bla bla)

2.Arthas is 1. Not a mumbling duffus 2. Not a tool because he is doing it now because he wants to (Illidan is just filling his shorts when his master shows up though) 3. Yes, has a powerfull sword, why, because his is the choosen of the Lich King to use it (How many people qualify for that job?) 4. WILL KILL ANY MORTAL THAT OPPOSES HIM 5. I can keep going till about number.... hmm.... 37.

13. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    @DragonElement - I luv you ^^

HE SAID IT! DON'T ARGUE .... plz ...... someone ..... lock thread? :cry:

14. Tokaadon

Tokaadon

Resources:
    Resources:
    *Arthas and Illidan were equal in RoC.

I A
    1-1

Illidan "consumed" the power of the Skull of Gul'dan and became a strong kickass demon with wings and stuff.

I A
    11-1

Arthas injured Illidan badly in the end of the TFT campaign.

I A
    11-6

Arthas "fused"(?) together with Ner'zhul and became the new lich king.

I A
    11-26

Illidan got some old half dead Draeneis and a band of crazed elves.

I A
    16-26

Arthas controls the undead scourge.

I A
    16-86

15. PsychoMagnataur

PsychoMagnataur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woo, this is a hot topic!

Arthas + Undead Scourge

Illidan + Draenai + Naga + Blood Elves + Random Demons

Arthas Advantages : Lich King presence, Scourge builds with kills, Uber Runeblade, Kickass undead bug sidekick, Unholy Aura, Healing (D Coil)
    Arthas Disadvantages : He is a moron, he attacks WAAAAYY too slow, he is weakened, he begins WAAAAYY outnumbered...

Illidan Advantages : Demonized, 3 races, 3 heros (Illidan, Kael, Vasj), bigger forces
    Illidan Disadvantages : He is a moron, no team support abilities, he is blind, he was beaten pretty bad by Night Elves (i.e. Maiev OWNED him, cuz she OWNS everyone)

Alternate ending (as I would have done it)
    Illidan and Arthas fight, no body wins. Maiev finds Ilidan and goes to capture him. Anub' Arak goes "Wrooooaaarr" and fights Illidan. Maiev OWNZORS Arthas' ass by shadow strike + avatar + fan o knives, he dies. Illidan kills Anub' Arak. Maiev and Illidan fight. A BIG ASS MAGNATAUR SHOWS UP AND OWNZ EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, thats how it should have been...

16. DragonElement

DragonElement

Resources:
    Resources:
    Illidan, in short, is like every other Demon Hunter out there. He relies on his agility to survive. All he can really do is soak up the attackes like every other high level Demon Hunter (Which is why most pros will tell you to attack a Demon Hunter last, by the way). Arthas is better. Much, much, much, much better. And if he gets lonly he can talk to his sword! You can't beat that!

17. Kerrigan

Kerrigan

Resources:
    Resources:
    when i get lonly i talk to jodie, the possessed form of my house :twisted: :twisted:

18. DragonElement

DragonElement

Resources:
    Resources:
    KEEWWWLLL

19. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    .... what? WHAT??? What the **** is THAT? :? Where is Illidan and Arthas in this? Kerrigan, you dimwit, darkhearted, bold, sarcastic yooouuu, YOU!!! NaRGH!

20. imported_Dragoon

imported_Dragoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its definatly Illidan, Illidan is immortal plus hes got lots of allies. An if Kiljaden sees Illidan getting hurt Kiljaden will eat ARTHAS!! ROAR!!!!! :twisted: