• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

the%20hive%20workshop.png

modeling.png
slash-png.267815
texturing.png

paired.png
contest.png
number.png
3.png

upload_2017-5-15_16-39-8-png.267877

art by vidagr at deviantart

Leaders

Contestants should create a model that represents a leader to a certain faction, race, or nation. It may be a king, a queen, a chieftain, a leader of any sort, as long as it occupies the highest ranks of power in a certain group.

prizes.png

• First Place: 60 reputation points and your entry on the award icon.
  • Second Place: 40 reputation points and an award icon.
  • Third Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon.
  • Participation: 5 reputation points.

judges.png

• Mr. Goblin (Texturing and Design Judge)
  • PeeKay (Texturing and Design Judge)
  • Callahan (Modeling and Design Judge)
  • Fingolfin (Modeling and Design Judge)

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 70% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 30% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

We Don’t need no public Poll

Design = 15/20

Creativity

As much as I love Sargaras, he’s not your creation, a made up leader would have been much more creative + beside you got highly inspired by the art made for him already. Great execution though

5/10

Consistency

He definitely looks like the powerful leader he is.

10/10

Texture = 32/40

Texture design

I like what I see, You’ve got the right balance of tiny details and the simplicity of warcraft3 textures. The fact that you’ve went for a simplified yet faithful reproduction of the warcraft lore art is a nice tribute to this character. Overall I think the execution could have been slightly better, mostly in the highlights of the armor and the lack of subtle variation in the rendering of the texture.

8/10

Definition

For warcraft3 standard, this is a great execution! I do think it’s a little noisy here and there, but overall you’ve done great! The textures are great, but once again, as mentioned above, the highlights could have been better and the lack of subtle variation in the rendering of the texture and it’s overall monotone colour would have improved it.

8/10

Shading

Pretty faithful to the artstyle of warcraft3 :D I do think you’ve went slightly overboard with your shadows mostly for the chest but none the less great job!

8/10

Color

Great balance! Although your gold armor could use some love in its saturation. It feels like it could be more orange and the highlights stronger. But overall you’ve done a great job! also the orange ruins symbols could use some glow effects around them, reflecting on it’s surrounding.

8/10

--------------------------------------------------

THE KOOL GANG

Design = 15/20

Creativity

Can’t say it’s a creative choice to recreate a really well known and established character of the warcraft franchise. He does look like a leader, but yeah I can really see the Wow model inspiration.

5/10

Consistency

He does look like a leader! Powerful shaman! :D

10/10

Texture = 29/40

Texture Design

It’s mah man Vol’jin! He looks impressive :) love the tribute to the WoW model while having the simplicity of warcraft3. The balance between the details and the open space is great! Love the symmetry break as well! Great composition and balance overall. :)

8/10

Definition

For warcraft3 standard you’ve done a good job! I do believe it lacks a little bit of love for the overall shading though, we can still see the brush work, improved blending between the highlights and the shadows would have improved your work. It’s also hard to tell the materials, the shading is quite similar to one aspect to the other, only the color and positioning makes us understand which are part of clothing and which part of wood armor… and last but not least, the face painting looks blurry.

6.5/10

Shading

Like mentioned above, it’s hard to tell the materials, better shading with the highlights would have done wonder to help us understand better what is what. Also the highlights and better shading would have improved the volumes of the model. Nice job none the less!

6.5/10

Color

It’s vol’jin from WoW alright :D, nice work, great color balance, love the pairing of the blue with the red.

8/10

--------------------------------------------------

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

Design = 19/20

Creativity

LOVE IT! You took the creative road! high-five! Nice design, simple yet effective! Would have love to see a bit more trinkets and perhaps a more fancy sword… but great character design!

9/10

Consistency

She looks like a killer ‘’femme fatale’’ great stance, nice design, she looks very menacing, smart and powerful.

10/10

Texture = 33/40

Texture Design = …..smexy! Very well done, love the composition, the balance between the details and simplified areas is great. very warcraft3!

8/10

Definition = that’s like… warcraft3 …. pure and simple. Would have loved a little bit more shading by adding cloth folds on the vest. But seriously, nicely done like always A.R

9/10

Shading = welp… warcraft3.I do think a few regions, such as the metal leg could have used a bit more sharp highlights making it look less blurry, same thing goes for the cloth pattern details. But yeah, good job mate!

8/10

Color = Love the blue and red balance, although orange might have worked better then red. But overall, great use of the complementary colours.

8/10

------------------------------------------------

TEAM ANGRYPANTHER

Design = 16/20

Creativity

You decided to create a leader of a well established race in a well established franchise. As much as I like seeing more male nightelf characters, I can’t give you much for that. Although I see you seem to have created your own armor design.

6/10

Consistency

He looks like a powerfull foe! His stance, his huge sword, his big armor and cape shows he seems royal alright. :D

10/10

Texture = 26/40

Texture design

Puuuuuurple purple everywhere! I know we are dealing with a nightelf warrior, but damn, some leaves, brown pants, green hair, would have helped!. But beside that the armor design is cool!! but pretty symmetrical, some asymmetric details would have helped...but I guess that’s more the 3D modeler’s job and it’s unwarp. Nice balance of details vs simplified areas though. Very warcraf-y!

6.5/10

Definition

Nice details, I though a few areas are quite sketchy and blurry = such as the sword and the cape, but the armour is nice!

7/10

Shading

You’ve did a few things well, the silver rhymes are great! the small bump details and scratches are nice, the crow details are neat too! But I feel like the purple parts of the armour could have used way more love. It looks flat, more shading and stronger higlights would have improved the volumes a lot. Also, let’s talk about the sword, I think it’s hard to tell it’s metal beside the fact that it’s a sword, I feel like you’ve done such a wonderful job with the silver rhymes… and I can’t find the same care in the texture of the sword :S Also the cape seemed to have been rushed. But overall… it still feels like it could belong in warcraft3

6.5/10

Color

Puuuuuurple! (you get the point) … also… it’s quite a blend looking purple as well D: I would have loved sparks of green here and there, brown pants perhaps, more saturated purple like his skin for the overall armour, I understand you went for the sentinel colour palette, but at least the sentinel had rhythm in it’s design. So yeah. can,t give you much here sadly.

6/10

-------------------------------------------------

TEAM N 5.0 FM

Design = 20/20

Creativity

GOD DAMN, very sexy! Love the design, he has that Lord of the ring something about him. Love it!

10/10

Consistency

Very nice design, he looks like a powerful foe. Love his stance, his mace, he really looks dangerous!

10/10

Texture = 33,5 / 40

Texture Design

sexy…. great textures, great details, great lighting, great volumes, overall = very high quality texture! Although, it’s slightly over board for a warcraft3 :(
8.5/10

Definition

Fantastic work, great balance of details although it’s a little too over detailed for warcraft3, creating some noise here and there. I’m also quite weirded out by the lack of proper shading for the TC part.

8.5/10

Shading

Great shading, I repeat myself…… overboard for warcraft3 sadly.

7.5/10

Color

Welllp it’S a demon looking monster alright, so orange and red makes a lot of sense :) Although I would have liked to see a different skin shade. Like a cool dark blue-ish colour or a more dark brown colour to nicely put the armor details forward.

9/10

----------------------------------------

IN TREE TOPS WE DWELL

Design = 15/20

Creativity

Well, you decided to make a leader of a already well established franchise, because of that I can’t give you full grade. Although, I love you want for the murloc, I even like the fact you,ve went for a completely different shape and silhouette + the use of having murlocs carry him is even better.

7/10

Consistency

He’s definitely a leader, no doubt! Although I’m a little sad, I would have liked to see some decoration on him, like a plate armor or perhaps a drape.

8/10

Texture = 31/40

Texture Design

Overall, I love the job you did, the choice of color how they contrast each other well. The shading the patterns on the horns, the coral and the murloc chest. pretty neat!
8/10

Definition

I feel like it’s a tad blurry here and there. Crispier lines on the bamboos. But overall it’s a nice texture

7/10

Shading

Like what I see, very warcraftish, although I would have like seeing more highlights or specular lights! Perhaps more cracks on the baboos etc.

7/10

Color

Like said before, love the choice of colors, the contrast between the purple and the green. Great balance.

9/10

1. Overlord

10\10 Texture design - is totally fits the overall model and character design, also supports great mesh with a great exterior.
10\10 Definition - is detailed and accurately executed with a wise touch.
10\10 Shading - Looks like there are shader's and new age technologies running this model. Perfect shading
6\10 Color - probably there is a lack of contrast colors (green, blue, purple) that were able to increase reddish impact to eye. So, color use is average.
Design:
Creativity: 10\10 The lovely model, original design, impressive unique exterior. This is a true masterpiece also from the point of design. The biggest goal is that model has a tonnes of possible unique uses - as a hero, as a boss minion, as magic or fighter unit, can be connected to most known inferno\imp\chaos races inside and even outside of current warcraft aesthetics. From my point of view is an example of brilliant design solutions on such a stamped theme as "devil minion".
Consistensy: 10\10 This unit is solid enough to lead some evil fraction to a war. A true king.

2. Space Pirate

9\10 Texture design - great amount of details, balanced elements, overall looks colorfull and eyecandy. As for mine eye is mostly fits WC3 texture quality, and due the same things - lacks of texturing methods that are used apart from low poly modeling. There is no material textures.
8\10 Definition - Smooth color shifting, accurate lines. But, STRINGS? Sorry, next time try to blend original texture you sketching from and having as base.
8\10 Shading - The general point of shading is to support shape and material, so, shape is fine, but material is not. Metallic shaders should be smooth (the metal leg); Anyway, i really love this latex cloth shading, is great! :)
7\10 Color - There is much more color variety, also i love warcraftish' style player-based color of the cloak. Anyway, there is a lack of creativity in color use.
Design:
Creativity: 9\10 I see there few references on League of Legends characters, and is a big goal that your model refers us to such a design masterpiece. Design for a character means also its personality represented with animations (speak, stare, movement, attack, spellcasting). This work perfectly done can give a second life to an really average exterior design. And i see some animation work were done in a right way, but for a strategy\rpg units the mostly significant animations are attack, movement and spell-casting. And because we know how good and unique animations can improve a model, there is 1 point reduced for using a typical animation scheme.
Consistency: 5\10 Main contest theme was a fractional leader. There is a perfect example of female fraction leader in starcraft 2. To lead a fraction mean to have a power and charisma. The work you did - is a hero character, perfectly fitting single player company main role, can be also an interesting side-kick, or, sure, a character in any kind of warcraft 3 projects, but is mostly look like mercenary or assassin, that has nothing to do with leadership. Next time give a bit more attention to analyzing contest theme criteria.

3. Voljin

7\10 Texture design - it reminds me all the nameless trolls in world of warcraft, from one point of view is good, but to be an author means to produce, not to reproduce.
7\10 Definition - Execution is really accurate, and have nothing to add. Something is going really wrong on hand not holding a dagger (looks like elephant foot). Also i dislike pants detalisation, is blurrish and not refers us to any material, means - texturing done wrong.
6\10 Shading - Is a bit bulky, and comic like, don't includes the character pose to a shadow projection. Overall shading is weak and pale, lacking contrasts and depth feeling.
5\10 Color - Pretty much troll theme can be more colorful and creative, so, this one using just standard color theme is nor creative, nor interesting.
Design:
Creativity: 4\10 There we have a typical warcraft unit, for someone can look a RIP from original Blizz model. Also even on a scratch there is a lot of interesting details and elements that can be easily added to a model in case we want tune it to heroic view, from both possible instruments - from mesh and from texture, and because that work not even started. Rating is based on overall work done - is fine from the point of environment and original wc3 aesthetics, fits perfectly the race theme. More points were be possible given for rich design solutions, maybe original juicy animations which have to support character's personality.
Consistency: 4\10 In current state model looks more like a regular unit, some alternate version of Wc3 Horde magic units, but not as a hero, boss minion or fractional leader.

4. Herald of Deep Mother

4\10 Texture design - Oh, a great model idea supported by so basic texture design. Murloc skin has billion different colors and possible tracery, it can relate to fish or snake or even frog skin, with million small and eyecandy details. I see it as a huge design mistake, that a Herald of Deep Mother is just a fat lvl2 murloc.
6\10 Definition - From the wc3 look i see some photoshop hatches that i shouldn't see. Also i see color compression loss on the legs. That means a bad quality definition.
5\10 Shading - As i already noticed - these rough compressed shadows on legs and overall really pale shading for my eye looks like unfinished work. There is a huge scope to show shading works and magics, and this work is not even started.
3\10 Color - Murloc includes all rainbow of colors in thier basic Warcraftish design, thier skin and coloring is motley, colorful, a bit noizy. And nothing of that we can find here. I reduce 1 point for compression artifacts also.
Design:
Creativity: 6\10 While we rate creativity, we should avoid texture and mesh quality aspects. But design is an predecessor of a work, is a planning stage, concepting, working on a future image. From this point we can compare final product with all known matching aesthetics. This model represents murloc theme, which are known as parrot-colored fish-frogs. They include all the rainbow colors and invent some special warcraftish aesthetics. And from both - texture and shape there is a lack of special unique details. The potential of the model conception is used for just 10-15%, but result is nice anyway.
Consistensy: 7\10, this mostly looks like a seer, or a warlord but not "the one" (as name saids - is a Herold of a true murloc leader.

5. Sargeras

8\10 Texture design - Nice amount of details, clear understanding of space using. Reducing two points for lack of color variety (skin color horns?! oO) and miss of some skin texture creativity that can possible greatly support original character design.
7\10 Definition - Texture is accurately executed, but as i said lack of some chaotic texture detailing, like scratches, cracks on metal, blinks. On a size of low-poly these go to edgy shapes (weapons, shoulder-armors, etc)
5\10 Shading - Due to lack of true light engine in the proper shading of warcraft model texture should compensate it with shading on texture. As for this model - there should be darky shadows on all inner parts of body (on a torso from sides of hands, on hands from side of torso, on legs from inner side, etc); Also reduced few points for this plastic metal effect. All decor needs additional polishing to reach needed level of contrasts and shading. C
5\10 Color - The greater fault of this texture - is monochrome, has no huge color variety, i've already noticed skin colored horns (which is not only unnatural, but also boring as a design solution); If your texture lack of elements - use colors to compensate.
Design:
Creativity: 6\10 Reminds me all type demons i saw. "crown" from hellboy, body from Diablo II Chaos Sanctuary (act 4) minions, etc. But unfortunately, this model is not really matches any exist unit aesthetics, and that was not a problem if model looks organic when surrounded by Wc3 modded environment. But look even to Wc3 original Demons or humanoid characters - they have really different kind of aesthetics and design mood.
Consistensy: 7\10 I am absolutely sure this minion has better drop, than usual, so, it fits fine the contest theme.

6. Lord Kur'talos

4\10 Texture Design - As i already wrote - empty space should be used wise. But that not mean to keep it empty.
5\10 Definition - If you have no texture - you cannot make mistakes on execution. No cracks, no strokes, no scratch. Dear artist, when you show metal armor - show us a fat metal bar that was hit thousands times, not an paper armor with a virgin texture.
2\10 Shading - Im sorry, but there is no shading. There is full metal armor on a character, and no one reflect or blink. This sword also due lack of shading looks more like plastic, not a deadly weapon cuts enemies on halfs.
2\10 Color - Color can come as a main color of some detail (gold\black\reddish etc.), but can also be included in shadings, giving a feeling of environment impact on a material. The more reflection something shows, the more color it takes from environment. Overall color is used to support main design solutions - to separate skin from cloth, cloth from armor, etc. Ideal coloring means ideal color proportions and position on a model. This concrete texture uses colors just wrong - messes armor with body color. That was acceptably ONLY if you had done shading right.
Design:
Creativity:1\10 While you take a ready design solution (Lord Kurthalos conception is produced by Blizzard), you cannot gather points for original idea, but because in this case we analyse all the work done on designing including texture, mesh and animations, we possible were able to give creativity points for original details, some special and personal understanding of character's charisma and power. For example this model were able to have an white tiger spell animation, or, for example, special white tiger model that is produced specially for this model to used in pair. Of course there were possible points to catch for original looking exterior, greeny elven armor, special shape helmet. And finally there were some points that possible given for a charisma. Unfortunately this entry is an example when design work done wrong, and as greeny armor became plastic, sword become a blunt - a fractional leader of elven resistance became elven footman with a bucket instead of helmet on his head and broken wooden animations.
Consistency: 4\10 Original character idea is totally fits contest theme, but final product mostly does not match any known warcraft 3 aesthetics and feels like needs some additional polishing.

Sargeras
  • Creativity : Already existing blizzard character and not even a creative one just a regular devil figure.Still reinterpreted into wc3 style. 4/10
  • Consistency : Ogre animation and wrong propotions make the model a bit too clumsy for a demon lord 8/10
  • Mesh : Model top part is good but proportion are off from his pelvis.Lower legs are ridiculously short that ruins a mesh that could have been very good. 9/15
  • Animation : Blizzard animations.Ogre animation doesn't fit sargeras very well.Nice selection of spell animation. 10/15
  • Effect : Effect are well done 4/5
  • Mechanics : Portrait is bugged and emit an omnilight on whole map in game. 2/5

Vol'jin
  • Creativity : Blizzard character.Wow shadow hunter made into wc3 shadow hunter, a unit that already exist. 3/10
  • Consistency : It's consistent 10/10
  • Mesh : An enhanced Shadow hunter hero.Has distinct head from other troll unit.Nice details 11/15
  • Animation : Use standard shadow hunter animation.Not even added some animation from other units 8/15
  • Effect : Stand channel particle emiter is too simple and not well thought 3/5
  • Mechanics : 5/5

Space Pirate
  • Creativity : A character of your own creation.Still a bit generic humanoid female. 7/10
  • Consistency : It's consistent 10/10
  • Mesh : Well done and detailed. 14/15
  • Animation : Animation are custom but too stiff and lake amplitude like you too scared to deform your mesh.Some custom animation (Attack -2 and Spell throw) are slightly lower than wc3 standard 12/15
  • Effect : The gun muzzle flash is most basic particle emitter 3/5
  • Mechanics : Model size is too small even if scaled up ingame any attachement effect may look too big for the model 4/5

Lord Kurtalos Ravencrest
  • Creativity: A wow character made into wc3 style 4/10
  • Consistency : Model looks a bit ridiculous with his bend legs and pelvis 9/10
  • Mesh : Pelvis proportion are too big looks like he wears diapers under his pants.The rest is nice but not spectacular 10/15
  • Animation : Custom animations but a bit stiff.Spell slam looks like he's getting hit in the face.His legs are permanently bent in every animation he looks like a grandpa. 12/15
  • Effect : Present effect are discreet enought 3/5

Moarg Overlord
  • Creativity : An creation of your own even if using existing warcraft race.A nice monstrous character 8/10
  • Consistency : Consistent 10/10
  • Mesh : Nice detailed mesh and armor piece 15/15
  • Animation : Use a nice mix of blizzard animation and custom ones.Custom animation are nice and up to wc3 standard. 13/15
  • Effect : Effects are nice but weapon particle emitter leave too much trail it's invasive 4/5

Herald of Deep Mother
  • Creativity : Original character and original creation even if you use murloc. 9/10
  • Consistency : Consistent 10/10
  • Mesh : Nice mesh for the fat fish and palanquin but the slaves murloc lack distinctive feature they're just the same repeated x3. 13/15
  • Animation : Animations are custom and smooth but lack liveliness.The fat fish is almost immobile during walk animation he could be dangling a bit more.The 3 slaves are almost static when they don't walk.Since it's a multiple unit and harder to animate you have more points 14/15
  • Effect : Basic but at least discreet 3/5

Sargeras

Creativity: 6/10

Although this is at its core a rather generic demon concept, there are some nice design details on the shoulders and the sword which elevate the design of this model. The channel animation is also quite interesting.

Consistency: 8/10
The model is quite true to existing concept art of Sargeras, and all aspects of the design fit together. The color palette might not fit very well with other Wc3 models, but i am inclined to disregard this because of how good it looks. Fits into the contest theme overall.

Mesh: 10/15
The body of the character does not feel entirely anatomically correct. In particular, his feet are rather small, the lower parts of his legs look stumpy, and the upper part of his body is slightly too enlongated. The pauldrons are resting a bit far out on his shoulders, although this does create a more striking silhouette. Other than that, the mesh is very well made.

Animations: 10/15
The fact that almost no rotation is ever applied to his waist makes his movements seem very stiff. The stumpyness of the legs becomes very apparent in some of the animations. There is a good variety of them though, and their quality is sufficient to make the model justice.

Effects: 4/5
There is a nice presence of fire streaks and shockwaves throughout the animations, and their quality is consistent with Blizzard standards. Nothing over the top, though.

Mechanics: 5/5
Foot prints, animations, blood spats, sound events, are all present and work as intended.

Vol'jin

Although this is a very common concept, it was executed very well and with features which distinguish it from the other Vol'jins.

Consistency: 9/10
This model fits incredibly well into Warcraft, and has blizzard-like standards. It most certainly feels like a proper troll leader.

Mesh: 12/15
Proportions, aesthetics, and detail level are all spot on with this model. There are some stretched UVs on the sides of the skulls, but these can be interpreted as reflections. You can see into his skull through the mohawk, but this is hardly an issue from an RTS perspective.

The witch hunter animations work well for this model, considering the similarities in the designs. A Spell Slam animation would have added usefulness, though. Also, what is he throwing in the Spell Throw animation? Is it a bone, or is it a ladle? Looks a bit weird.

Effects: 3/5
This model features a very minimal amount of effects, though the ones which exist do help add some character.

Mechanics: 4/5
Everything checks out, though the spell animation bothers me slightly and limits it in terms of flexibility.

Space Pirate

Creativity: 8/10

This is no doubt an interesting and unique concept.

Consistency: 8/10
Despite being a sci-fi character, this model fits surprisingly well into Warcraft aesthetics. It's overall a very well-imagined concept with a lot of personality - if anything, the "leader" aspect is slightly less evident than in the other designs.

Mesh: 14/15
Beautiful mesh with perfect anatomy, precisely enough polygons, and overall great detail.

Animation: 9/15
In contrast to the mesh, the animations feel very rough and occasionally sub-par. Some are quite good, like the slow walk, talking, and the death animation - others, like the attack animations, much less so. I still appreciate the effort of making custom animations though, and they do convey the character of the model very much. Portrait animations are very nice.

Particle/ribbon effects are quite scarce and made with minimum effort, though they get the job done.

Mechanics: 4/5
The model does have proper events and attachment points, although "defend" is a poor tag for the unarmed animations, "second" would be better.

Lord Kur'Talos Ravencrest

Somewhat generic, but still fills a niche.

Consistency: 7/10
Looks more like a champion than a leader, but otherwise fits very well into Warcraft. The different elements of the design work well together.

The model is anatomically correct and generally well-made, although the sword could use some more detail; it also looks very soft, but i'm not sure if this is a result of smoothed normals or the blurriness of the texture.

Animations: 6/15
The animations of this character look incredibly awkward - the walk animation in particular looks like he's about to take a massive shit. The Slam animation looks more as if he was suddenly startled by something rather than an attack. The dissipate animation is too quick and jittery. Overall, i feel like you would have been better off using Proudmore or Arthas (sword) animations.

Effects: 2/5
Not a whole lot going on here... the effects are very discreet and basic. A ribbon emitter on the sword would have been appropriate.

Mechanics: 3/5
As mentioned, the Spell Slam animation doesn't really read as such, and it lacks footprints. Attachment points work fine, though.

Mo'arg Overlord

Creativity: 9/10
No doubt a creative entry, with lots of character.

Consistency: 9/10
Animations and aesthetics fit well together, and it no doubt feels like a leader. If anything, the color scheme might be a bit too dark to fit into Warcraft, but i like it the way it is.

Mesh: 15/15
Excellent mesh with good proportions and Blizzard-level quality.

Animations: 14/15
Very nice animations with a distinctly Warcraft-like feel.

Effects: 5/5
Extremely extensive and well-fitting effects, sounds, and splats - there is really nothing more to ask for on this department. I especially like the channeling effect.

Again, excellent job. My only gripe is that it seems weird for a hero to dissipate by decaying, but i guess it's equally weird for a demon to go to heaven.

Herald of the Deep Mother

Creativity: 10/10
Probably the most creative entry, i really like the concept of a hero carried by his servants, reminds me of Lizardmen from Warhammer (and the aesthetic carries over very well to Murlocs and Naga).

Consistency: 7/10
Does not blend too well in with Warcraft due to the textures being a bit uncontrasted. Since it is a hero, you would probably also benefit from adding more detail to the throne rather than using a textured plane. It does follow the theme very well, though.

It's hard to judge the quality of the mesh, since a murloc is essentially the essence of a shapeless blob. I suppose it's a nice job, apart from the above mentioned throne which could use some more depth and resolution.

The animations were quite well made, although it could use some more of them with more variation.

Very minimal effort, even though the existing effects are appropriate. I would really have liked to see some more spell effects which weren't simple water splashes.

Works well, sounds are appropriate, footsteps are present.

Final Score Calculation: 0.70*(Judging Score*) + 0.30*(% of Votes at the Poll**)
*Judging is composed of Design, Modeling and Texturing scores, in a 20/40/40 proportion respectively
**Out of 100 score, where 100 would mean having received every vote at the poll

Team NameTeam MembersJudging Score
(Design/20 + Modeling/40 + Texturing/40)
% Votes at PollFinal Score

We Don't Need No Public Vote
PROXY
~Nightmare
(13.5 + 27 + 28.5)

The KOOL Gang!
Stefan.K
Heinvers
(12.75 + 28 + 27)

To Infinity and Beyond!
Freddyk
A.R.
(16.5 + 31.5 + 32.5)

Team AngryPanther
Hayate
Chen
(11.75 + 25.5 + 19.5)

Team N° 5.0 FM
FerSZ
Murlocologist
(19 + 38 + 34.75)

In Treetops We Dwell
HappyCockroach
4eNNightmare
(16 + 31.5 + 24.5)

Arena winners PMTC3.png

Contest | Poll

Last edited:
Just a note for the @Fingolfin . He is throwing his weapon. That's why I included a missile model as well.
Anyways, congrats to the winners. The first three places are well deserved.

Yes, but what is the weapon? The mesh looks like a spoon, but the texture looks like a bone. It's a nice model, but that part puzzled me.

Great job by all the contestants, this contest was fun! :)

Level 50
I meant in the spell animation. The Spell Throw animation is clear enough (must have mistyped it in the review).
Just like you said you have mistyped it. But I do agree the spell animations looks weird, but it's because of the texturing. It's supposed to be a snake-like staff but Heinvers did the texture like that. So yeah, we can call it something bone-ish because of the texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.