• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
500th post belongs to ME!!! I can help out with some icons, and maybe some textures, but I don't have all the requirements. I can do pretty good screenshot icons too (but I also do freehand).

*501th post, anyway, that contest looks nice, I'll try joining it:)

Double Fail
hoho.gif

Anyway, I'm watching this thread every day. The best thing would be AI players as RPG players are very rare on Garena.

Screenshots look awesome, keep it up dude
22.gif

Level 2
Or just play it with your friends through Local Area Network :p

I have a full Dota team on LAN but only one of them likes RPG maps
020.gif

Btw, I found twilightseve RPG room but most of them are cheaters. I dont understand why they're doing Impo with all party full godly items
061.gif
. Yesterday, I pwned a very rude host- druid full items and got custom kicked
dongcung2.gif

Level 12
Lol Dota. The game thats slowly dieing becuase noobies cant download it without being kicked.

As stated before, this map is probably solely designed for Battle.Net. You have that dont you?

Level 17
This map is actually being designed more for close-knit communities, such as one we will probably end up creating ourselves. Nothing really beats slaying the fiendish undead with your friends.

But yes, it will also be viable for Battle Net and Garena. It all just depends on the players preference and what is being hosted (or active) at that time.

Level 8
This map is actually being designed more for close-knit communities, such as one we will probably end up creating ourselves. Nothing really beats slaying the fiendish undead with your friends.

But yes, it will also be viable for Battle Net and Garena. It all just depends on the players preference and what is being hosted (or active) at that time.

Very well said, Wolfe.

Level 2
Wolfe, about the henchmen , you mean we can add computer players into empty slots or what?
09.gif

Level 17
Henchmen are single-player, first and foremost, but will not be created through computer players. Henchmen will become available to you when you begin - each will have a little side-story, so some will demand pay, and one or two might be with you to stay (if you wish).

Level 3
Wait wait wait, you keep adding more shit to the demo. That's what's making it take longer. I don't remember seeing henchmen on the list. Just saying. Demo's don't have to be Tops. The real game definitely, but the beta no. I've been following this for like half a year almost and I still haven't gotten ANY game play to feed on.

Level 9
Henchmen are single-player, first and foremost, but will not be created through computer players. Henchmen will become available to you when you begin - each will have a little side-story, so some will demand pay, and one or two might be with you to stay (if you wish).

Remembers me of NeverWinter Nights! Can't wait! :goblin_yeah:

Wait wait wait, you keep adding more shit to the demo. That's what's making it take longer. I don't remember seeing henchmen on the list. Just saying. Demo's don't have to be Tops. The real game definitely, but the beta no. I've been following this for like half a year almost

TsunamiV has a point here, though.:vw_sleep:

Level 17
Wait wait wait, you keep adding more shit to the demo. That's what's making it take longer. I don't remember seeing henchmen on the list. Just saying. Demo's don't have to be Tops. The real game definitely, but the beta no. I've been following this for like half a year almost and I still haven't gotten ANY game play to feed on.

Henchmen are single-player, first and foremost

Please read before posting, Tsu. =/

Level 17
Perhaps. The rationale behind it is because if henchmen were allowed in multi-player, then you'd have a mass of heroes with abilities in one dungeon easily taking down a boss. Why we're going to implement it for single-player is because you need some sort of aid, as well as interaction.

This being said, I cannot guarantee that single-player mode will be released for a long time, as additional content would be added. So I apologize to all of you who dislike multi-player, but you'll just have to wait. ^.^

Level 17
That. Masses of players and player-controlled characters in one dungeon. No, it does not mean there is only one dungeon. We have four major ones planned.

Level 19
Sure:)
Hmm... Will there be caves in the game too? Like, with a 'cave-like' environment where you see your unit inside some covered rocky area?

Level 2
Will there be job changing >> reset lvl and start training over or professions (craft, cook , alche etc...) ?
And how about set item >>> combining some items into one
09.gif

Level 17
Professions are a 'future' installment to the game. Who knows - perhaps all items will be made through crafting.

There are set items, but you do not combine them to form something else. Wearing all of your set items might give you some sort of bonus, though, but I intend not to put much of a spotlight on items determining who you, as a class, are. You as the player must do that.

Level 2
Wow, I'm really eager to play this, terrain is beautiful and your goals are just amazing :D. Are you guys open to fan suggestions? For example ( just an idea ) make a certain creep that, when it dies after a few seconds the corpse detonates :D dunno the use of that but hey. Also, are there going to be different armor / weapon variations ? What I mean is, are you going to make more eye candy-ish models for the better items / set items ? So a player can actually see when someone has an epic bow or you know ( the model itself to be more epic ), that would be a great addition.

Level 5
oh yeah Ive just made a method of making full sets and testing them right away in 3ds max
syrusel, high level sets will be AWESOME ;)

Level 2
I think I love you guys O3O , heh. I'm glad, because i've only seen one or two rpgs until now that use attached items, and they had like one axe model for every god damn axe item in the game, now that just sucks, I want my epic bow to be epic, and so on and so forth, glad you guys aren't falling in that 'trap'. Well, I do hope you guys stick together, I mean, this rpg will own every rpg game out there, bbye tkok and other crappy rpgs :D

Level 17
I appreciate your comment, syrusel. We try our best. However, The Kingdom of Kaliron is not a bad RPG. It is quite the opposite - if only more people hosted it. v.v

Now, my little fanatics, good news for you all in a few days. I will be publishing a progress report with the following:

• an official introduction to the Imperial Crown
  • a update on the upcoming demonstration
  • after the demo - a look into what is in store
  • a bit of a thread update

So, until then!

Wolfe

Level 2
Wolfe, maybe it is in your opinion but hey, I'm not the fan of mega lag rpgs that don't have attached items, use w3 hero models and have four spells. I mean... come on. I'm telling you, this rpg will dominate :D can't wait o3o

Level 6
Guess what folks?!

Me, myself and Wolfe just had a grand discussion regarding some unrevealed systems!
I've yet to code them, but if all goes well (around 0% chance) you'll get a preview by Friday or Saturday.

For now, all I can say is that we're doing good. Really good, honestly.
It's not the mindless coding and design-changing anymore, and moreover, the map is actually quite playable.

(Yes, this is just a post to keep you guys from hacking into our computers and stealing the map.)

GO GET THE HYPE UP!
YOU ARE GOING TO BE A PART OF THE NEXT-GEN ERA OF "Fake casting"!!

(So stay tuned!)

Level 12
Wolfe, maybe it is in your opinion but hey, I'm not the fan of mega lag rpgs that don't have attached items, use w3 hero models and have four spells. I mean... come on. I'm telling you, this rpg will dominate :D can't wait o3o

So what your saying is you lag because you have a bad comp that cant handle maps without a lot of imports?

Ontopic: Any set release date for the ORPG demo yet? Also, how many levels of weapons/armor are there in the demo?

Level 17
nuuh, no set date. I won't do that again - too many things delay us from that date. Simply put, it will be released when it is ready, until then, your patience and encouragement is appreciated! ^.^

In regards to items, there is one set in the actual demo shared amongst all classes (in terms of looks). Simply because it saves room. Sadly, until the PvP map (second map), you won't be seeing your own unique class set ("warrior", "rogue" and "mage" archetypes share a set - in terms of looks - so there is about 12 item sets for the archetypes in the entire first map). For misc. items, there will definitely be a few. I aim for about 250 - 350 items by the end.

Level 3
Man. To me, it seems like you guys have been working more on after-demo rather than demo. Not trying to sound bitchy, but cmon guys. I would atleast like to see more screenies. Not to mention, can we get some more activity on your website forums?

Level 17
Man. To me, it seems like you guys have been working more on after-demo rather than demo. Not trying to sound bitchy, but cmon guys. I would atleast like to see more screenies. Not to mention, can we get some more activity on your website forums?

What tells you that we're working more on Post Demo than the actual thing? You have no idea what we've been doing, or how much we've done, so you shouldn't jump to such conclusions. Some things just fall into place for both versions - so why not finish off an idea that spans Pre and Post Demo and get it out of the way, hmm?

You'll get your screenies soon, but really, what more can we show you? Terrain shots? You've seen most it. All we can provide is gameplay shots which we're in the process of doing. And no - there isn't much activity on the website, I believe we've forsaken it in a way, so stick with THW. My apologies if you're getting impatient - but that is just the way it is. Deal.

/endrant

Status
Not open for further replies.