• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
are u kiding me did u see how many models there were from wow and starcraft 2 came out 3 mounths ago it´s impossiblr for 1 person to make that much work on so short time!

Level 24
I never said that SC2:WoW and WC3:WoW were related i said he got way to many good looking models to have been done by 1 single person in less then 3 mounths.

Level 8
That is why it isn't being hosted on this forum, it is filled with rips meaning it can't be hosted here.

Not hard to rip everything out of a game and place it in a map, which will cut work by 70% rest is all triggering.

Level 24
Yea but someone suggested sc2:wow so i said it's not worth playing couse it got so many rips that the guy who made it does not care to make it a good map just to make a map as fast as possible.

Look, this thread is about WC3: WoW. Quit the talk about SC2: WoW. If you want to discuss SC2: WoW, then please stop posting unrelated comments here. SC2: WoW is not, definitely not the same as WC3: WoW.

It's the first project I noticed when I joined THW.
It's also one of the best projects I've seen.

If a map's aim is just to finish it within less than a week or two weeks, then that project will end up unpolished and very sloppy. Leaky, bad terrain, many mistakes. But then, you're talking about SC2: WoW, not WC3: WoW. You're saying that SC2: WoW is a map of ripped models, and it's aim is just to finish it within X days/weeks. If so, I wouldn't see it as a good map, if what you are claiming is indeed true. But if they can prove to you that that person created that model themselves, what can you say? What if they made it?
~Another Debate Session

Level 25
I officially have no plans on starting a StarCraft 2: World of Warcraft conversion mod. I know it'd be easier to do, but I am dedicating more of my time and effort to working and developing my game project. Ardent Heroes is my current focus as far as WarCraft III modding goes, because an active team actually exists for it.

And no, for the last time, I will not give anyone the mod just because it's inactive at the moment...

Level 48
I officially have no plans on starting a StarCraft 2: World of Warcraft conversion mod. I know it'd be easier to do, but I am dedicating more of my time and effort to working and developing my game project. Ardent Heroes is my current focus as far as WarCraft III modding goes, because an active team actually exists for it.

And no, for the last time, I will not give anyone the mod just because it's inactive at the moment...

I believe that if.
And is awesome :O

This is what we're talking about when we say 'SC2: WoW'.

Level 25
Just watched the video. Ultimately, it's just a map with a bunch of World of Warcraft exported models and textures. Accompanied by, what looks like, some decent GUI triggers. The terrain isn't that great though because the scale of the objects is incorrect (too small) and don't align with the real terrain in the actual World of Warcraft. A good start I suppose, but dancing WoW characters doesn't make the map a WoW conversion.

Level 4
So Craka, i saw the ardenheroes forums post that your net is back, but will you only work on it, cuz i cant stand no more, its like i wait and wait only 1 minute lasted but it feeled like an hour, so whats your answer.I want Craka answer! not some EM0 tat say:
Oh u uber noob, it gonna be like in 2012. Thank you :/

Level 4
....As i see these forums have more EM0S everyday, well i dont have any interest being in these stupid forums,btw ur all suckers.i think i goona quit warcraft and wow and start living real life not like you leeches, and please rui u asshole delete the account so i dont need to remeber this game anymore in my life.

Level 8
Woah there, comon just calm down. No need to get angry over nothing you two. It is just that Craka is perferring Ardent Heroes over Wc3:WoW due to multiple reasons.

One of which is the fact that we are actually working on Ardent Heroes, we have a team that is diligently working, and we can safely say that we have are having a LOT of progress we just recently had a closed moderator only test of some of the talents, and it worked beautifully.

Level 2
....As i see these forums have more EM0S everyday, well i dont have any interest being in these stupid forums,btw ur all suckers.i think i goona quit warcraft and wow and start living real life not like you leeches, and please rui u asshole delete the account so i dont need to remeber this game anymore in my life.
Woah...thats some nerves xD
and hi everyone, i'am kinda new i dont know english very well :)

Edit: i read the all of 90pages and i seen this isn't gonna be relased soon, cuz craka is kind of bizzy, btw cant wait!

Level 24
Well i still think it's a litle bad that he's working on ardent heroes when he got the most popular project on hive right here.

Level 8
You can have the most popular project in the world, if you have no workers, it will just stay in pre-production. What would be the point if you can't get any workers?

Level 24
If he are able to find ppl for just a randow project instead of project of the year i dont see what is the problem with man kind

I remember reading that some of Craka's team left, which were the coders and stuff I think?

Look, lowe257, he's still looking for some new members.
So what? If he loses a very skilled vJASSer he can just replace it with an average JASSer? No, he needs a very skilled team because it's the PROJECT OF THE YEAR. People expect lots of work on it to be done, and to have a great output of the game. This isn't a mod that is to be crappy and barely has any effort.

And besides, he's only working on Ardent Heroes until he can find more members and he's only using it as a rest from WCIII:WoW. So back off and let him do what he wants, all you should care about is actually playing it, like the rest of us. If you want to play it now, too bad, because you have to wait. So be patient, and let the man do what he wants.

Level 25
I'm almost positive I've said this before, but it was probably a while ago. And when there's long gaps between my appearances and announcements on the forum, repetition helps keep you all updated on the mod's status and whether our plans have changed or not.

The most frequently asked question right now is: "Has the project died?"

It seems that way. I've lost a lot of interest in the mod, despite how much I and the other modders put into it, but I would like to release something that isn't just terrain. But so far, that's all it is. Triggerless maps with some pretty WIP landscapes. Most of which are old maps and haven't been redone by me yet.

The reason for my inactivity is lack of interest due to the WarCraft III editor crashing so much. I've lost a lot of progress --- probably over 30 times --- and it can really discourage you when it happens repeatedly. Even though I have set the auto-save every 5 minutes, even then, it can still be extremely frustrating and set you back. If this seems silly to get worked up over to you, then I guess it's something you'd have to experience for yourself to understand.

However, I will not let my intolerance overcome my ambition to get something with this mod done and ready for you guys to enjoy. So I do plan to continue this mod, just not yet. Why you ask?

Because Ardent Heroes is currently more fun to work on. It's a more unique idea, much more flexibility with what we can add and throw out, and it also doesn't currently require a significant amount of terrain and level design work. While Wc3:WoW could certainly appeal to more WarCraft III players, it's a fun idea (for us who are working on it and testing it, at least) to work on an RPG that may or may not potentially compete against the other great RPGs created for WarCraft III over the years.

Sorry that there's no real good news to report. But at least I managed to keep it optimistic! :grin:

[EDIT]
[Unrelated Note] I've decided to gradually change my alias to Macrobius since it's not as offensive and demeaning as "Craka_J." It also sounds cooler too.

Level 6
One thing is for sure, this mod will be epic and will advertise from it self! I mean people will give the link to other people if they are happy and so on. Thats what I think will happen about the advertising part, so no need to waste time to do it by your self.

Level 2
no no...I love wow, like LOOOOOOOOVE!
I meant i hate rpgs that are like ardent heroes or twilight,u know with the wc stuff ;D
and sry for caps, again xD

Level 8
I think it's clear that Ardent Heroes will most likely be released sooner, or at least more work will be done.

Why would a trailer help this project at the moment?

Level 25
Ardent Heroes isn't really based on the WarCraft universe. It just so happens to use WarCraft III units... and is required to play it. But I think what you're saying is any RPG made for WarCraft III just isn't your cup 'O tea. If that is the case, maybe you could spend more time around mods that aren't RPGs?

A trailer for Wc3:WoW right now probably wouldn't do anything but stir up an overhyped crowd even more. It'd attract more attention, but for now it would be unnecessary attention. Also, the poll was created three years ago. lol

Level 24
Ok I saw your post on would you play wc3:wow after SC2 and i decided to post it here becouse it was way oftopic on that thread.

But will there be RP boots for wc3:wow? And in that case what will they RP as?

Status
Not open for further replies.