1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Jun 26, 2007.

?

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

1. Terrain: Landscapes, Cityscapes, making all surroundings as similar to WoW as possible.

20.9%
  2. Characters visuality: Visible equipped weapons and armor, physical features such as beards or hair-s

17.9%
  3. Class balancing: Make all classes as balanced as possible, to make PvP much more competitive.

6.8%
  4. PvE: Quests, Mobs, Instances/Dungeons, etc.

16.3%
  5. The Website: Make the website have a more Warcrafty style, add more information about Wc3:WoW's prog

0.8%
  6. Cool WoW-Like Features: Auction House, Inventory system, Battlegrounds, Talent Tree system, Party/Ra

18.6%
  7. Fix it: Fix as many bugs as humanly possible before proceeding to progress on another part of the pr

6.1%
  8. Beta Teams: Make the Closed Beta team a bit larger. Focus on their suggestions and consider their id

1.5%
  9. Ventrilo/Chatrooming: Get a ventrilo server for fans to get a chance to gather and talk to the Wc3:W

0.9%
  10. Advertisement: Focus strongly on advertising Wc3:WoW on YouTube vidoes, Battle Net, etc. and release

2.7%
  11. PvP: Make Player VS Player/Bot more entertaining, balanced, and skill-based.

7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just watched the video. Ultimately, it's just a map with a bunch of World of Warcraft exported models and textures. Accompanied by, what looks like, some decent GUI triggers. The terrain isn't that great though because the scale of the objects is incorrect (too small) and don't align with the real terrain in the actual World of Warcraft. A good start I suppose, but dancing WoW characters doesn't make the map a WoW conversion.

2. dunce326

dunce326

Resources:
    Resources:
    So Craka, i saw the ardenheroes forums post that your net is back, but will you only work on it, cuz i cant stand no more, its like i wait and wait only 1 minute lasted but it feeled like an hour, so whats your answer.I want Craka answer! not some EM0 tat say:
    Oh u uber noob, it gonna be like in 2012. Thank you :/

3. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Don't you fucking get it???

Craka has no release date, because he isn't doing this map as a job that needs to get finished just because some guys like you want it to! HE IS DOING IT FOR FUN!
    Do you get it? He can't give you one, and he said that multiple times.

4. dunce326

dunce326

Resources:
    Resources:
    ....As i see these forums have more EM0S everyday, well i dont have any interest being in these stupid forums,btw ur all suckers.i think i goona quit warcraft and wow and start living real life not like you leeches, and please rui u asshole delete the account so i dont need to remeber this game anymore in my life.

5. Erader

Erader

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is that a promise,because if it is then great, now go and :goblin_cry:
    Regards m8's.

6. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah there, comon just calm down. No need to get angry over nothing you two. It is just that Craka is perferring Ardent Heroes over Wc3:WoW due to multiple reasons.

One of which is the fact that we are actually working on Ardent Heroes, we have a team that is diligently working, and we can safely say that we have are having a LOT of progress we just recently had a closed moderator only test of some of the talents, and it worked beautifully.

7. BlackPheonix

BlackPheonix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah...thats some nerves xD
    and hi everyone, i'am kinda new i dont know english very well :)

Edit: i read the all of 90pages and i seen this isn't gonna be relased soon, cuz craka is kind of bizzy, btw cant wait!

8. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i still think it's a litle bad that he's working on ardent heroes when he got the most popular project on hive right here.

9. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can have the most popular project in the world, if you have no workers, it will just stay in pre-production. What would be the point if you can't get any workers?

10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    If he are able to find ppl for just a randow project instead of project of the year i dont see what is the problem with man kind

11. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember reading that some of Craka's team left, which were the coders and stuff I think?

Look, lowe257, he's still looking for some new members.
    So what? If he loses a very skilled vJASSer he can just replace it with an average JASSer? No, he needs a very skilled team because it's the PROJECT OF THE YEAR. People expect lots of work on it to be done, and to have a great output of the game. This isn't a mod that is to be crappy and barely has any effort.

And besides, he's only working on Ardent Heroes until he can find more members and he's only using it as a rest from WCIII:WoW. So back off and let him do what he wants, all you should care about is actually playing it, like the rest of us. If you want to play it now, too bad, because you have to wait. So be patient, and let the man do what he wants.

12. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm I agree with you.

13. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm guessing that that settles this problem.

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty much yea

15. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm almost positive I've said this before, but it was probably a while ago. And when there's long gaps between my appearances and announcements on the forum, repetition helps keep you all updated on the mod's status and whether our plans have changed or not.

The most frequently asked question right now is: "Has the project died?"

It seems that way. I've lost a lot of interest in the mod, despite how much I and the other modders put into it, but I would like to release something that isn't just terrain. But so far, that's all it is. Triggerless maps with some pretty WIP landscapes. Most of which are old maps and haven't been redone by me yet.

The reason for my inactivity is lack of interest due to the WarCraft III editor crashing so much. I've lost a lot of progress --- probably over 30 times --- and it can really discourage you when it happens repeatedly. Even though I have set the auto-save every 5 minutes, even then, it can still be extremely frustrating and set you back. If this seems silly to get worked up over to you, then I guess it's something you'd have to experience for yourself to understand.

However, I will not let my intolerance overcome my ambition to get something with this mod done and ready for you guys to enjoy. So I do plan to continue this mod, just not yet. Why you ask?

Because Ardent Heroes is currently more fun to work on. It's a more unique idea, much more flexibility with what we can add and throw out, and it also doesn't currently require a significant amount of terrain and level design work. While Wc3:WoW could certainly appeal to more WarCraft III players, it's a fun idea (for us who are working on it and testing it, at least) to work on an RPG that may or may not potentially compete against the other great RPGs created for WarCraft III over the years.

Sorry that there's no real good news to report. But at least I managed to keep it optimistic! :grin:

[EDIT]
    [Unrelated Note] I've decided to gradually change my alias to Macrobius since it's not as offensive and demeaning as "Craka_J." It also sounds cooler too.

16. Don-Para-

Don-Para-

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's cool, Macrobius. I await Ardent Heroes.

17. BlackPheonix

BlackPheonix

Resources:
    Resources:
    So much for wow:wc3 :/
    and i have no idea why the ardent heroes is so much fun to create?I hate RPG's

18. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    One thing is for sure, this mod will be epic and will advertise from it self! I mean people will give the link to other people if they are happy and so on. Thats what I think will happen about the advertising part, so no need to waste time to do it by your self.

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wc3:WoW and Ardent Heroes are both RPGs.

20. BlackPheonix

BlackPheonix

Resources:
    Resources:
    no no...I love wow, like LOOOOOOOOVE!
    I meant i hate rpgs that are like ardent heroes or twilight,u know with the wc stuff ;D
    and sry for caps, again xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.