1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Jun 26, 2007.

?

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

1. Terrain: Landscapes, Cityscapes, making all surroundings as similar to WoW as possible.

20.9%
  2. Characters visuality: Visible equipped weapons and armor, physical features such as beards or hair-s

17.9%
  3. Class balancing: Make all classes as balanced as possible, to make PvP much more competitive.

6.8%
  4. PvE: Quests, Mobs, Instances/Dungeons, etc.

16.3%
  5. The Website: Make the website have a more Warcrafty style, add more information about Wc3:WoW's prog

0.8%
  6. Cool WoW-Like Features: Auction House, Inventory system, Battlegrounds, Talent Tree system, Party/Ra

18.6%
  7. Fix it: Fix as many bugs as humanly possible before proceeding to progress on another part of the pr

6.1%
  8. Beta Teams: Make the Closed Beta team a bit larger. Focus on their suggestions and consider their id

1.5%
  9. Ventrilo/Chatrooming: Get a ventrilo server for fans to get a chance to gather and talk to the Wc3:W

0.9%
  10. Advertisement: Focus strongly on advertising Wc3:WoW on YouTube vidoes, Battle Net, etc. and release

2.7%
  11. PvP: Make Player VS Player/Bot more entertaining, balanced, and skill-based.

7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArgentinianUser

ArgentinianUser

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe that if.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNGiYYkYEE
    And is awesome :O

2. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, then lets get working on the Warcraft mod, I'm sure we can beat the Starcraft one if we try hard enough:)

3. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    yeah, and its good to have one in wc3 and one in sc2 so you can play both... play the wc3:WoW then after you get tired play the sc2:WoW and then loop it again and again... ^^

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    That map is full of wow rip off models!

5. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    No it isn't...

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    are u kiding me did u see how many models there were from wow and starcraft 2 came out 3 mounths ago it´s impossiblr for 1 person to make that much work on so short time!

7. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The video he linked is that of "Starcraf 2: World of Warcraft". It's unrelated to WC3: WoW. :/

8. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never said that SC2:WoW and WC3:WoW were related i said he got way to many good looking models to have been done by 1 single person in less then 3 mounths.

9. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is why it isn't being hosted on this forum, it is filled with rips meaning it can't be hosted here.

Not hard to rip everything out of a game and place it in a map, which will cut work by 70% rest is all triggering.

10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea finally someone who agree with me! Madness have consumed you mortals!

11. Don-Para-

Don-Para-

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what if you're right? :S

WC3: WOW discussion gooooo

12. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dude. This thread has NOTHING to do with SC2: WoW. It was just a random YouTube video someone posted. Seriously, it means nothing. We're going way too off-topic.

13. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you say that a single person can't make models like those in a short period of time, then you don't believe in this project. You don't believe in the WC3:WoW team. Oh, and who knows? He/she might have already started those models before and only finished them now?

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea but someone suggested sc2:wow so i said it's not worth playing couse it got so many rips that the guy who made it does not care to make it a good map just to make a map as fast as possible.

15. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look, this thread is about WC3: WoW. Quit the talk about SC2: WoW. If you want to discuss SC2: WoW, then please stop posting unrelated comments here. SC2: WoW is not, definitely not the same as WC3: WoW.

It's the first project I noticed when I joined THW.
    It's also one of the best projects I've seen.

If a map's aim is just to finish it within less than a week or two weeks, then that project will end up unpolished and very sloppy. Leaky, bad terrain, many mistakes. But then, you're talking about SC2: WoW, not WC3: WoW. You're saying that SC2: WoW is a map of ripped models, and it's aim is just to finish it within X days/weeks. If so, I wouldn't see it as a good map, if what you are claiming is indeed true. But if they can prove to you that that person created that model themselves, what can you say? What if they made it?
    ~Another Debate Session

16. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I officially have no plans on starting a StarCraft 2: World of Warcraft conversion mod. I know it'd be easier to do, but I am dedicating more of my time and effort to working and developing my game project. Ardent Heroes is my current focus as far as WarCraft III modding goes, because an active team actually exists for it.

And no, for the last time, I will not give anyone the mod just because it's inactive at the moment...

17. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is what we're talking about when we say 'SC2: WoW'.

18. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea nad it completly sucz he have put 0 time on that project.

19. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    SCII:WOW lacks in doodads. Other then that it looks ok, but i wouldn't play it, terrain sucks. Don't lose your hopes Craka!

20. Oohforf

Oohforf

Resources:
    Resources:
    WoW rips galore. Imagine the file size and lag for that. It's not very original. It's as if they are copy and pasting things from WoW into Sc2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.