1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Of Crimson Tides

Submitted by Flower Fairy, tulee
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

血色征程完整版! - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

Permission From Author
[​IMG]

Of Crimson Tides
This campaign follows He Xiaoshu and the blood elves. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 9 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

1. The Lonely Nightstar
2. Of Crimson Tides
3. Evil Resurgent
4. A Song of Dream Chasing

Characters
[​IMG] He Xiaoshu: The main character of the campaign. Even though she had an unhappy childhood, she relied on her optimism and hard work to eventually became the deputy president of Dalaran. She is a pacifist who draws a clear line between what she likes and doesn't like, and knows right from wrong. She is also a competent leader. This time, however, she and her allies will face an unprecedented crisis...
[​IMG] Thrall: The warchief of the horde, he is always thinking about his people's future, and even makes sacrifices for them. He was saved by He Xiaoshu during an outing. He realizes that in order to give his people lasting peace, sacrifices must be made--- allying himself with the foreign blood elves.
[​IMG] Lor'themar Theron: Once a nameless rogue swordsman, he was able to become a battle mage of Dalaran after the Dalaran president took a liking to him. As such, he is often blindly loyal to the president and has no views of his own. After witnessing the president's betrayal, he realizes who is the true leader of Dalaran.
[​IMG] Maiev: She is a consistently arrogant avenger. She once used her allies to achieve her revenge without scruples, leading to everyone becoming alienated from her in the end. With new allies this time, will she treat them as she did her old allies? Valkyire said that her only goal in life was revenge. What meaning will her life hold once her revenge is accomplished?
[​IMG] Akama: Once a general of the draenei, after being afflicted by a demonic curse and being forced to become the demons' slave, he and his followers declared themselves The Broken. After being persuaded by He Xiaoshu, his lost heart finally found a shore to stop at. He leads his forces to help He Xiaoshu break out of prison and joins her ranks.
[​IMG]
Yrel: She is the commander of the draenei. After witnessing the sacrifice her mentor A'dal made, she understands she is the last guardian of the light. She follows He Xiaoshu to the black citadel with the intent of making the demons pay in blood.

Screenshots
Click to show
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Of Crimson Tides | HIVE

Bymighty, rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster,

Special Thanks
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Wareditor + Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log
Click to show

H-Oct-v0.02- Initial Upload
H-Oct-v0.03- All missions locked, swordsman tooltip, ballista tooplist, barracks/sanctum/archer/sorceress/dragonhawk nest full-stop added, farm name, you "are" dad's..., Out of Touch-- Non-Responding, villager "leader", "task is to destroy"
H-Oct-v0.05- mission 2 you are- your,vereesa name fixed, genn howl of terror name, summoned thing- summoned unit, evil archer- fel crossbowman, dark shaman tooltip spells, claw of shaman reduced description length so can display, giant abomination name, necromancer boss name, zepplin parts tooltip/name, mission 4 "search for dreadlord- main quest, flame fantasy- fire fantasy, mission 4 give back to them also- give back to them as well, mission 4 jubei'thos line fixed somewhat, (dungeon interlude)- execute them after three days (without immediately), transmit-put, mission 5- city of dranei brethren- city of draenei, out of the inferno - main quest, who are they- who are these people, dark shadow name transmissions fixed, magic suppression debuff toolip + name, aethalas healing wave + tranquility toolip/name, vereesa marksmanship/starfall tooltip/name
H-Oct-v0.06- map11 boss message fixed, antonidas speech lines slight correction, holy priest + holy witch spell tooltip, map12 patchwerk name, sewed-together, final line by jubei'thos corrected, map13 capital letters "Black Citadel",map14 "break free", gemstone "Dalaran" name fixed.
H-Oct-v0.08- Seer adept training- banish, salamander "lightning", catapult name + tooltip, fel orc catapult buff name + tooltip, "Grom must not die", "scum", tyke- boy, "I never liked you", "In the Black Citadel in northern Outland", "scum", "from", "orders", "The responsibility they have taken on, revenge and their righteous cause", removed 1 "stubbornly", greater heal- heal, flame strike- breath of fire, "An unsettling aura is emanating from...", "only part of our army", Mannoroth lines matched, "power of the elements is", Kil'jaeden name added for line missing it, "shrine",
H-Oct-v0.09- All campaign buttons unhidden from start, since from mission 5 onwards there are not unhidden.

H-OCT-v0.552 - reverted to 0.06 to avoid corruption on AI, corrected all language/ grammar changes from 0.08 and 0.09, at the author's request (flower Fairy) censored some writing on the items and afternote regarding "Lucky Skk"

Contents

Of Crimson Tides (Campaign)

Reviews
cleavinghammer
Well no, the model doesn't use a crossbow either, they just move their arm like they're throwing things. Admittedly, "Fel Thrower" isn't much of a name either. General: Worgen Prophet's Hex and Devour Magic should switch positions. Flying Machines...
cleavinghammer
As in, you've been given control of all four races and techtrees throughout the campaign, which one would you like to finish it with? Update (finished it): I gotta say, I don't get the title. I thought it might be referring to the fel orcs, but the...
deepstrasz
Changes made... Approved. (whole review here: Of Crimson Tides)
  1. UkyoKuonji

UkyoKuonji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maps unbalance.....
    AI drunk sometimes move sometimes stop and never sent allies to war.....
    Yea agree should remove quote hunt illidian... It is awkward to see a friend being hunt?

Bug found 1
    You can capture Gul'dan instead Grom to complete first part main quest

Grom will be purify but you still can see the sealed gem floating on your hero which is Guldan who was captured not Grom
    Captured Gul'dan will be stuck forever (sealed) until your hero die to release it after Grom became allies

PS: I use cheat to do this to go Guldan base...

2. DishInADrawer

DishInADrawer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was enjoying the campaign thus far but I can tell these maps are going to have the same issue the prior campaign had, wherein the enemy is going to start to flood your base relentlessly, and while I can see that being a way of encouraging you to hurry up and finish the map, it's really awful getting thirty minutes into a game only to have to restart because four enemy bases are smashing big armies into you and rallying units from their production facilities straight to your base. I'm really hoping it's a bug of some sort with the recent patch because the slow death you don't see coming that is the unending wave of enemies is simply atrociously bad. It's enough that I'd honestly recommend people not play these maps until it's remedied, it's that bad. If you want the player to complete an objective quickly, give the a timer before the mission fails so they'll understand.

It's a real shame too because these maps have a lot of effort put into them, that much is clear, and if wasn't for this problem they'd be very good, but this one issue makes them nigh unplayable. On Chapter 3: Comprehensive Counter-Attack, the four enemy bases attacked me with over 800 units over 30 minutes before I finally decided to give up.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Indeed, the three campaigns need proper difficulty options.

4. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map description changed so that all the map descriptions are the same / easier to copy paste the map descriptions from each map to others.

5. natass9

natass9

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) The first map with the trolls was a good introduction mission. The end troll boss was extremely dangerous on insane difficulty, I almost needed to restart.

2) The second map was one of the best missions. I really enjoyed have worgen ally AI. I have a concern about this mission though: it is very dependent on luck. If the purple lich base attacks the worgen from the top left side, the worgen AI can easily beat it on insane difficulty. But, if they attack from the right side (with the bridge), the worgen is 100% going to die or be weakened to a point where it will soon die. This is because the bridge provides a choke point where the worgen melee units get stuck. They cannot attack the meat wagons/necromancers at the back, and slowly the entire army dies because of the undead's range attacks. So, insane difficulty for me depended on luck, since if the worgen base was dying, I could not push/attack the left side of the map.

3) I loved the third mission also. The blue ally AI was really powerful, and I liked the design of the mission with the Red undead base on the cliff. Was a great RTS mission.

4) I also really enjoyed the 4th mission (in outland). It was 3v2, the first time were my team had more bases than the enemy! The orc allies were really powerful, and I enjoyed having 2 allies to help me attack the purple fel orc base. I do not understand why the 2 orc heroes were killed at the end of the mission, but He Xiaoshu and the others were put in prison?

5) The prison escape mission was fine. The shadow boss was incredibly hard to fight, it just wiped out my entire army with his spell(s).

6) The mission against the mind controlled Dalaran forces was really good, but the Succubus Hero was too strong in my opinion on insane, and it kept charming my units, so if I did not succeed the first time, it would become extremely difficult to kill it in future attacks. The Air Ship unit is very overpowered.

7) I do not have much to say about the mission where you defend the Draenei city, except that it is almost impossible to know that there is a circle of power for the riddle in the east. At least for the Lonely Nightstar mission, it was close to the World Tree, so I could see it at the beginning. But in this one, if people do not explore the map, then they will never know it exists. It would be easier if there was a hint or something about it.

8) The RTS mission where you meet with the Dalaran base was also a lot of fun. The enemy heroes in my opinion are too strong, especially the banshee hero with mana burn. The dragon hero is also overpowered, since it can be surrounded by your ally's army and just never die, because only range units can hit it and it uses lie drain. The red ally AI was surrounding the dragon hero for 20 minutes, until I finally came to help them with it.

9) Two things about the mission where you save Grom. A) Without a warning about invulnerable bases, some people will use 1 hour + preparing to attack the fel orc bases, but only then realize the bases are invulnerable until you complete the first quest. B) It would be easier if the Red ally AI helps you attack after you save grom. I enjoyed the mission.

10) I liked the final RTS mission, but I think the optional quest is not "optional" on insane, since without those magic damage phoenixes, it is impossible to kill the demon units with the heavy armour that flood your base.

Overall, I loved how many custom races you could play it in the second campaign by Flower Fairy. Many diverse races. I also loved the strong ally AI (I know I mentioned it before in Lonely Nightstar, but I repeat again because this is a very good part of the RTS missions. If you ask people what missions they enjoy the most of the normal blizzard campaigns, they will normally say ROC ORC 3, ROC ORC 8, and ROC NE 8. Why? Because this missions all have ally AI for the RTS missions. People love ally AI in RTS missions, and I am not an exception.)

I also enjoy how Flower Fairy foreshadowed the next campaign with the vision He Xiaoshu has at the end of this campaign (regarding the undead). I also liked the character of He Xiaoshu a lot, it had good character development (though characters that are too "good" often have difficulty becoming realistic, since in reality it is hard for us to emphasize with someone who just does good things all the time.)

6. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah a pity He Xiaoshu kept that prophecy to herself and not tell anyone about it. They would at least be better prepared.

Yeah, while I can like some 'good' characters they mostly have some flaws that make them actual people. 'I am a hero and I help people because of that' is kind of a cliche motivation that is kind of dull.
    That is why I am more inclined to evil characters, since their motivations vary. Some want to rule the world for power, others to create a hell on Earth for their amusement, others suffered and now want revenge, others want to create an utopia, etc... Villains have all types of reason to be what they are, while most heroes are heroes because they are 'good people'

7. arman193

arman193

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its story about burning crusade wow ?akama in characters!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  8. Warzkins

Warzkins

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't get it in any mission where we have a base, the enemy sends endless waves of units to attack. I play on 1.31, it should be like this or its a patch fault ? Same situation with the first campaing of this series.
    @Edit looks like on 1.26 game works better and there are some times between the waves of the enemies..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  9. Sepulchre

Sepulchre

Resources:
    Resources:
    My only complaint here is that the text comes and goes way too fast in cinematics. I couldn't even keep up with the final note from the author.

10. Shellshock

Shellshock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finished it

Great map. Some issues here and there. Spelling mistakes.

Some of the campaign missions were extremely difficult Couldn't do it without cheating. but overall good fun.

No skippable cutscene AGAIN

Overall 3/5

11. ItsTrip

ItsTrip

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey guys whats the answer to the riddle?

12. johnwar

johnwar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i would suggest save before you answer the riddle so you can load it and change you choice to get the right answer.

13. ItsTrip

ItsTrip

Resources:
    Resources:
    thank you :)

14. ItsTrip

ItsTrip

Resources:
    Resources:
    the campaign was awesome is there a next part tho?

for me to kill time

and also I was fascinated

if you would, please give me some recommendations for a really good custom campaign <3

15. johnwar

johnwar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes there is you can see at the description. anyway here it is.
    List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
    1. The Lonely Nightstar
    2. Of Crimson Tides (The one you played)
    3. Evil Resurgent
    4. A Song of Dream Chasing
    I suggest you to play
    Legends of Arkain if you haven't played it yet