• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New video: Top 5 Custom Made Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
promotionalbanner.png

Greetings community! It's been some time since our last video was uploaded on our YouTube channel.
But recently Hayate & YetAnotherYouTuber in cooperation with the Hive administration team has finnished the latest addtion to our YouTube channel:

We encourage you to give us feedback on this video. What would you like the next top 5 video to be about? Let us know in the comments below :D

Credits:
Hayate (Video editing)

YetAnotherYoutuber (Voice and recording)
Link to YouTube channel: YetAnotherYoutuber

Download the spells featured in this video:

Arcane Bomb v1.02
Frostmyr v1.7
Arcane Barrage V1.01b
Aerial Aid v1.01
Storming Hammers v1.0 - GUI

Level 30
Amazing initiative!
Would love to see more videos for other Hive modding content as well!
I love the fact that there's narration in this video. It makes the video so much more engaging for outsiders. All in all, very modern idea to promote Warcraft, The Hive and its resources.
10/10 Directors Cut

Level 37
what about the spells for this year?
We started this video a while back lol. The "YouTube" team agreed that the next time we do a Top 5 Spells video, it will be submissions from the time we uploaded this video to when we start the next one.

Arcane Bomb looks like Gall's ability Dread Orb in HotS.
I believe you can say that Arcane Bomb looks like any bouncing ability from any game :p I think a huge difference with mine is that it loses velocity as it bounces, giving it a more realistic aspect.

Frostmyr was made in 2015 btw.
It was updated in 2016 though, so it showed up in our filters xP

Last edited:
Level 22
Nice vids! Flux's aerial aid to me is the most impressive of all!
Thanks! The firing concept was actually inspired by one of your spells (The one where you have a bot that fires at enemies).

Anyways, good job to @YetAnotherYoutuber and @Hayate. This is impressive and stuffs like this can be a great motivation for the community to create resources.

PS: Managed to put a butt in a hiveworkshop video. My life is now complete.

Level 30
Cant tell if sarcasm or being serious.

Sirius?

th

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Cant tell if sarcasm or being serious.

Not serious.
Though the ROFLcopter was a director's cut spell for years before someone revoked that, I do not remember who.
As far as uniqueness and creativity goes that one is number one, but it cannot really be used in a normal map so it is a joke spell in the end.

Level 37
I only asked because had you watched the video, you would have noticed that we were only doing spells uploaded in 2016.

Bribe gave DC to the spell as a joke. He then took it off once he found the joke to be no longer funny. With that in mind, it never really received DC. I don't think a spell has ever received DC before.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Nest's codeless save/load system had DC before it was removed I believe. Or do you mean literary a spell and not the spell section? if so I agree, I do not remember a single DC spell.

And I did not know it was 2016 spells only. I honestly thought he said the year wrong and meant to say that 2017, meaning it was simply made in 2017.

Level 37
Yes, I meant a spell. From what I remember, Bribes DDS & GUI Spell System received DC.

The project for this video started a while back :p a lot of things got in the way to release it on time, but it was finally finished. Regardless, it wouldn't be right to do 2017 already given there was still a lot of months ahead for someone to upload an awesome submission.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Not sure why Ralle removed the DC option from Spells. I get the other resources, but Spells are especially important to highlight standards.

It was definitely the epitome of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I vote we bring back the DC option and re-enable it for ROFLCopter just as a reminder of why it is such a great feature.

Edit: I'm also ashamed Whiplash didn't make this cut. It gets overshadowed by not being a standalone spell, but it's the only whip spell on the entire site and has decent looks and sound effects to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.