• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 27
WC3ScrnShot_010823_180146_06.png

WC3ScrnShot_010823_180148_07.png

Another queendom has been brought to ruination, and from its ashes, a better one shall rise anew. Another W for my favorite edgelord Gardon.
Gameplay:
  • The Royal Assassins were not a threat at all, with Magic Sentry and Larine's Ring, on top of having the least defended base.
  • The Teal Elven Base was also pathetic. Torn apart by the Rohir, yet none of their allies come to their aid. The Knights of Kome were also OP, with insane base damage to go along with Gardon's War Aura to statcheck every single one of Renova's elites.
  • The two Scrolls of Town Portal near the Castle are super nice to have. That way, I was able to commit to an all-in, without being afraid of my base being destroyed.
  • Elves of the Ironfist is now activated by default, and there's no more Medicine of the Exiles. So, for my main attack force (Knights of Kome and Valkyries, with a few Ironforged), the remaining two Bonis weren't that useful.
  • Horrific Creations are tanky and deal quite a lot of damage. A real shame that their entire attack wave could be nullified by using a single Brian's Lv3 Shadow Corruption.
  • Speaking of Heroes, Cora, who's already damn good, now also has Avenge. RNGesus spoiled me today, because I swear 90% of the meteors hit the right targets.
  • Also, I just discovered that Larine's Illusions can proc Gardener's Hoe, turning her into a consistent crowd controller. (pwease no nerf)
  • So Ironside doesn't have time to have a change of heart this time, and just straight up assassinated. Also, the Triumvirates are really poor at running their own base. What kind of maniac send a bunch of Ancient Ironbarks up a tight pathway just for Riana to kill everything, then failed miserably at defending Mina's base?
  • Also, Mina made the right choice, joining the winning side. Although, her attack waves barely did anything impactful.
  • Lastly, how did Saphira gain control of the Red Guards whenever I'm not looking? I thought they are immune to spells, thus unable to be Possessed or Charm?
Final:
  • The final cutscene has Drip Larine, which makes it 100% better. We need to get VastanX to draw her asap.
  • Larine and Gardon decided to correct the loyalists' behaviors by sending them to Thanok. Based.
  • Even Gardon didn't want to keep Ferdal anywhere near the Elves.
  • Brian already found a use for Renova, and is now prying for info about the Emperor who is definitely not associated with a bald dude. Shadow magic and necromancy aren't that different after all.

- In the Southern Realms, I can't see where to train the 'New Guards' units, Grella is still inflicting emotional damage, and she has Frenzy before the amulet cinematic.

WC3ScrnShot_010823_160409_01.png

- Also, not exactly a bug, but Warmechs' ground weapons barely make any sound, which makes them a bit unsatisfying to use.

Intro : "unknowingly to the Ironfist, Aridon watches" : it doesn't mention Saphira's undead. This is going to sound crazy but I'm starting to think they haven't exactly rebelled :con:
Yep, I know. Would be crazy if it turns out to be that way, and then a Rohir archer would bring down a certain Grand Admiral before escaping. But yeah, what are the odds, right?

Level 19
- In the Southern Realms, I can't see where to train the 'New Guards' units, Grella is still inflicting emotional damage, and she has Frenzy before the amulet cinematic.
Also the boni keeps saying that buffs the elite units instead of the new guards.

About the Act Seven Chapter Six:
-Attacking the outpost with your initial units is a must, you need economy to win this conflict.
-Why the Knights of Kome have Revenge of Kome? The ones that destroyed the Castle were the orcs, the elves were there helping them to defend.
-Mira joining us makes sense after the cinematic. Also the Ironfist trio (way darker than the average ironfist) killing both GG units and conscripting everyone into the ironfist (or face the ironbarks) was neat.
-After getting those allies, destroy the rest of the GG, also you should destroy the Agents of the Queen as soon as possible with Valkyries and Frost Wyrms.
-There was a TON of people in that throne chamber, even Mira.
-Herdon and Tormin are left behind, strengthening the elven lands and Gardon´s army but Ferdal is going with Gardon... He´s gone, we already knew that but now is 100% that he´ll die against the undead.
-Mira lost her chance of becoming a Hero in the campaign, she prefers being a named unit. But we can understand the point, she really miss Salana and can´t take her place. Also, since Mira is alive and joined Larine and we know that Salana will return after the second void war with the undead... Elves (both pale and dark) really like civil wars don´t they?
-The elven arc is done, perhaps Horse and Rider is the finale of this act with the orcs starting their invasion in Salria. Also we know nothing about the next plan of the undead.
-Where is Merlon in all of this?

Great as always, it was really fun and even better than the SHB version.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also the boni keeps saying that buffs the elite units instead of the new guards.
Fixed in the hotfix uploaded earlier.
How many important golden guard characters was killed so far? It seems like they got wasted in every new chapter
Define "important".
Named (as in "no regular WC3 name") characters tend to die left and right.
Yes the Golden Guard is losing a lot of its officers currently but the other factions also do.

Level 12
Nice map, like the changes and the rewards for being aggressive.
Salana seems like a very big Chekov's gun that the Undead can use anytime. Larine might still support Gardon but who else?
Will it be when the Undead betray Gardon like in SHB?

Last edited:
Level 17
Was expecting that portion of Golden Guard to turn to Ironfist, like in SHB, and seeing them just being killed and replaced is kind of sad, for me.
Right? I was expecting that the triumvirate say to them about Van Durce and his plan to leave the continent. According to the lore faction, the battalion lead by Ironside and Pureheart was made it by people of the kingdoms.
Gaining them based on the truth could be more ironic and break more dialogues between them and the Holy battalion, like the golden guard hidden the truth of the people of the kingdoms. In the end, the Ironfist could use Ironside and Pureheart to spray what they know and make every single soldier in the golden guard into rebeld.

Level 10
Was expecting that portion of Golden Guard to turn to Ironfist, like in SHB, and seeing them just being killed and replaced is kind of sad, for me.
Right? I was expecting that the triumvirate say to them about Van Durce and his plan to leave the continent. According to the lore faction, the battalion lead by Ironside and Pureheart was made it by people of the kingdoms.
Gaining them based on the truth could be more ironic and break more dialogues between them and the Holy battalion, like the golden guard hidden the truth of the people of the kingdoms. In the end, the Ironfist could use Ironside and Pureheart to spray what they know and make every single soldier in the golden guard into rebeld.

You people realize the only people the triumvirate in the Conscripted Battalion killed probably are the Golden Guard commanders like Pureheart, maybe their loyalists coming from the original Golden Guard sent to serve as the battalion's framework, right? Any ex-Imperials and Kingdoms under their command is also not unlikely to have been part of the Ironfist, and have kept the old equipment to reuse it once Insurrection was a go. And yes, Truth about the Golden Guard's objectives would have likely played a key role in this subversion.

Please assume the characters in the story aren't braindead and can use this kind of ammo to not end up needlessly butcher people who will be drafted to their side once their Golden Guard overseers are dead pretty please.

Level 8
so ironside never defected. that's sad. at least we got some new ironfist units like the archer and halberdier. i've always wanted an ironfist executor. one thing im hoping is that they also have their own versions of the destructor and pride of humanity. but i doubt there's an engineer in the ironfist as great as lord marin from the golden guard.

btw, where can i ask questions regarding the series and content? i just wanna know in case (and also because i have a lot of questions building up)

Level 5
You people realize the only people the triumvirate in the Conscripted Battalion killed probably are the Golden Guard commanders like Pureheart, maybe their loyalists coming from the original Golden Guard sent to serve as the battalion's framework, right? Any ex-Imperials and Kingdoms under their command is also not unlikely to have been part of the Ironfist, and have kept the old equipment to reuse it once Insurrection was a go. And yes, Truth about the Golden Guard's objectives would have likely played a key role in this subversion.

Please assume the characters in the story aren't braindead and can use this kind of ammo to not end up needlessly butcher people who will be drafted to their side once their Golden Guard overseers are dead pretty please.
You think to much about that.

Level 19
Shar Dundred, Sir. I love how you properly revamped the map Long live the queen, but can I suggest or request giving Brian an accessible orb? So that he could attack air units. Also, there are some triggered dialogue in the mission that activated a bit too early though.

Level 8
hoping we could play as theoden and birram. we faced them when we were using the golden guard, hoping we could have the chance to use them. i wanna use lord marin as well.

Level 12
so ironside never defected. that's sad. at least we got some new ironfist units like the archer and halberdier. i've always wanted an ironfist executor. one thing im hoping is that they also have their own versions of the destructor and pride of humanity. but i doubt there's an engineer in the ironfist as great as lord marin from the golden guard.

btw, where can i ask questions regarding the series and content? i just wanna know in case (and also because i have a lot of questions building up)
Questions of recent content might get answered here. Questions about other things might get answered at Round table of Arkain. Finally you might check Arkain Question time to see if it was already answered. There are hundreds there. One day there might be another Arkain Question time.

Last edited:
Level 3
Shar ARE WE GONNA ENTER THE MATRIX with how crazy things get is gardon gonna actually be aridon and Krom to a servant of brian the whole time are you gonna break brains is brian gonna die by his own "apprentice" and is Aedale going to the new reincarnation of the demon avatar is Salana going to be the new leader of the rohir nexus i broke my own brain thinking about where it could go from here and it boggles my mind i love the incredible work you do

Recently played the new chapter (A7C6); here's how the story unfolded for me.

After withstanding the assault of the attacking forces, Gardon had instructed a few peasants to construct a few guard towers and cannon towers. The purpose of the towers is to delay the Golden Battalion, the Red Guard, and the Armies of the Queen in their assault of (formerly) Salana's base camp.

Soon after the next attack wave was eliminated. Lord Brian had suggested to Gardon to attack the Elven Encampment at the west of the base camp. Seeing the strategic value of the base camp, Gardon rallied his troops onward, ready to decimate the Elven Encampment.

After taking the western encampment, Gardon regrouped with his forces in tow. They waited for the right moment to strike.

Behold! A portion of the Red Guard defected from the elven queen, led by Mina Trueshot. It didn't take long before the Ironfist Trio made their move and struck down the Golden Guard officials, seizing their resources for their own.

"At last! The attack has begun. To arms, my soldiers. The queen shall fall this day"
Then, the next day came 10 minutes later...

Upon assaulting the base camps of the Golden Battalion and Red Guard, Gardon and his allies have found themselves in a tight position. The enemy is heavily armed. Gardon's attacking force will soon be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the enemy. They must whittle down their numbers first before beginning the final assault.

In the midst of all this, Lady Cora suggested a tactical retreat to the base of the Ironfist Trio. Gardon, who had already considered the plan in the heat of battle, gave the order to retreat. Then, he sanctioned the use of the absorbed magic that Cora had acquired. It would be a dark day for the loyalists to the queen, seeing their fellow elves and allies burned to a crisp, dreading at the thought of the creature who could do such a thing.

After fortifying the defenses of the base of the Ironfist trio, Gardon thought of two possible ways to capture the palace of the queen. The more direct way would be to take care of the Golden Battalion first, which would incur heavy losses on top of assaulting the base guarding the queen. Another way would be to rush towards the defenses of the queen, through the renegade Red Guard's encampment. Gardon would coordinate his attack with the renegade's forces.

In what seemed like an instant, Gardon was stuck. Both ways were viable to him; after all, he would do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. In that same moment, Larine's eyes met Gardon's. Gardon, understanding Larine's thoughts at that moment, took the second option. Only ... the renegade Red Guard's base camp has been razed. His chances of success would be slim should he continue his approach.

Reconsidering his approach, Gardon rallied his forces to destroy the Golden Battalion. While doing so, the Agents of the Queen would silently strike down some of Gardon's forces. While they could not strike him down themselves, their interference has caused Gardon to halt his attack and focus on the agents. Thanks to the deal with the "master" of the undead, the Agents of the Queen were dealt with handily, covered in unyielding ice. Seriously, wouldn't Gardon have questioned why the Frost Wyrms sent to him would require food?

It would take a while before the bases of the Golden Battalion and the Red Guard would fall to Gardon and his allies, as they were innumerable, disciplined, and formidable. The Banisher's mastery of the healing arts made the already formidable Ironfist nearly unkillable.

Battle after battle, the dreaded moment for the queen draws ever closer. As bodies of Elves, Golden Guard, and Ironfist dropped, the queen could do nothing but await the inevitable. What could she have thought of while her kingdom was besieged? Was it her previous actions that led to her kingdom falling apart? Did she make the right choice to flee the continent, to be subservient to her husband? Why would her most trusted diplomat, Salana, suddenly side with this exiled filth? As yet another body fell, the magic barrier guarding the palace and the queen came undone. Lady Riana, the Mad Witch has fallen and she can't get up.

The end is near for the queen; she knows her time is spent. The babies, they would be safe with Rahandir. Knowing that this would be her final moment, Queen Renova would take a stand and confront the traitors, the exile, and Gardon. Gardon. The name that gave her pause. The name of the one whose grave her husband would spit on.

The queen finally confronts Larine, asking if it is her doing that Salana has disappeared. Larine, taken aback, claimed that she has done no such thing. Salana was last spotted speaking with the scouts about a sighting of the Demon Slaves. Could Larine have been in on it, or did she believe what she said to be true?

Saphira, who has waited for this moment for all her undeath, would call out the name of the one who had betrayed her life for a measly treasure. Queen Renova insisted that she would've not wanted what happened to Saphira to happen, but there is pain in longing for changing the past. Saphira, unable to listen, filled with deep hatred towards this pampered harlot, draws her bow towards her betrayer. Loosing the arrow, she pierces her betrayer's heart... The elven tramp has fallen.

After the coronation of Larine as the new queen of the elves, Larine has moved to invalidate all contracts with the Empire. A new age would begin for the elves.

King Gardon, satisfied with the demonstration of black druid magic from the Ironfist trio, has sanctioned further study on such magics. He also acknowledged the exceedingly barbaric way that Salana was disposed of, and would keep a closer eye on the offender, Ferdal.

Meanwhile, a dejected Mina Trueshot has politely declined the offer of the Queen to become a reprensentative of the new elven kingdom. The Queen, seeing a valuable diplomat in Mina, was understanding to her disposition and dismissed her from the court.

In a nearby forest, Lord Brian conjures the shadow of the fallen queen in hopes to learn about the emperor...

Level 20
I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter the tweaks to the events really tied in good with the new overall changes in the true story. The chapter was also decently entertaining, it was hard enough to keep me on my toes but not overwhelmingly hard to the point of me being tempted to sacrifice another mouse and keyboard to the mouse and keyboard god. Just one thing though, did you buff the "Queens Agent's" faction because it seems that they were more numerous and far more annoying to deal with than the last time i played against them.

Also it seems i am denied the opportunity to learn what happened to Lera the huntress yet again... One day, one day I'll learn what my heart desires.

Level 27
Also it seems i am denied the opportunity to learn what happened to Lera the huntress yet again... One day, one day I'll learn what my heart desires.
A little bird told me that Lera cast Starfall in the middle of a Demon Slaves base but forgot to put on her Amulet of Spell Shield, so a Doom Guard slapped her to death. Truly a tragedy.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Recently played the new chapter (A7C6); here's how the story unfolded for me.

After withstanding the assault of the attacking forces, Gardon had instructed a few peasants to construct a few guard towers and cannon towers. The purpose of the towers is to delay the Golden Battalion, the Red Guard, and the Armies of the Queen in their assault of (formerly) Salana's base camp.

Soon after the next attack wave was eliminated. Lord Brian had suggested to Gardon to attack the Elven Encampment at the west of the base camp. Seeing the strategic value of the base camp, Gardon rallied his troops onward, ready to decimate the Elven Encampment.

After taking the western encampment, Gardon regrouped with his forces in tow. They waited for the right moment to strike.

Behold! A portion of the Red Guard defected from the elven queen, led by Mina Trueshot. It didn't take long before the Ironfist Trio made their move and struck down the Golden Guard officials, seizing their resources for their own.

"At last! The attack has begun. To arms, my soldiers. The queen shall fall this day"
Then, the next day came 10 minutes later...

Upon assaulting the base camps of the Golden Battalion and Red Guard, Gardon and his allies have found themselves in a tight position. The enemy is heavily armed. Gardon's attacking force will soon be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the enemy. They must whittle down their numbers first before beginning the final assault.

In the midst of all this, Lady Cora suggested a tactical retreat to the base of the Ironfist Trio. Gardon, who had already considered the plan in the heat of battle, gave the order to retreat. Then, he sanctioned the use of the absorbed magic that Cora had acquired. It would be a dark day for the loyalists to the queen, seeing their fellow elves and allies burned to a crisp, dreading at the thought of the creature who could do such a thing.

After fortifying the defenses of the base of the Ironfist trio, Gardon thought of two possible ways to capture the palace of the queen. The more direct way would be to take care of the Golden Battalion first, which would incur heavy losses on top of assaulting the base guarding the queen. Another way would be to rush towards the defenses of the queen, through the renegade Red Guard's encampment. Gardon would coordinate his attack with the renegade's forces.

In what seemed like an instant, Gardon was stuck. Both ways were viable to him; after all, he would do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals. In that same moment, Larine's eyes met Gardon's. Gardon, understanding Larine's thoughts at that moment, took the second option. Only ... the renegade Red Guard's base camp has been razed. His chances of success would be slim should he continue his approach.

Reconsidering his approach, Gardon rallied his forces to destroy the Golden Battalion. While doing so, the Agents of the Queen would silently strike down some of Gardon's forces. While they could not strike him down themselves, their interference has caused Gardon to halt his attack and focus on the agents. Thanks to the deal with the "master" of the undead, the Agents of the Queen were dealt with handily, covered in unyielding ice. Seriously, wouldn't Gardon have questioned why the Frost Wyrms sent to him would require food?

It would take a while before the bases of the Golden Battalion and the Red Guard would fall to Gardon and his allies, as they were innumerable, disciplined, and formidable. The Banisher's mastery of the healing arts made the already formidable Ironfist nearly unkillable.

Battle after battle, the dreaded moment for the queen draws ever closer. As bodies of Elves, Golden Guard, and Ironfist dropped, the queen could do nothing but await the inevitable. What could she have thought of while her kingdom was besieged? Was it her previous actions that led to her kingdom falling apart? Did she make the right choice to flee the continent, to be subservient to her husband? Why would her most trusted diplomat, Salana, suddenly side with this exiled filth? As yet another body fell, the magic barrier guarding the palace and the queen came undone. Lady Riana, the Mad Witch has fallen and she can't get up.

The end is near for the queen; she knows her time is spent. The babies, they would be safe with Rahandir. Knowing that this would be her final moment, Queen Renova would take a stand and confront the traitors, the exile, and Gardon. Gardon. The name that gave her pause. The name of the one whose grave her husband would spit on.

The queen finally confronts Larine, asking if it is her doing that Salana has disappeared. Larine, taken aback, claimed that she has done no such thing. Salana was last spotted speaking with the scouts about a sighting of the Demon Slaves. Could Larine have been in on it, or did she believe what she said to be true?

Saphira, who has waited for this moment for all her undeath, would call out the name of the one who had betrayed her life for a measly treasure. Queen Renova insisted that she would've not wanted what happened to Saphira to happen, but there is pain in longing for changing the past. Saphira, unable to listen, filled with deep hatred towards this pampered harlot, draws her bow towards her betrayer. Loosing the arrow, she pierces her betrayer's heart... The elven tramp has fallen.

After the coronation of Larine as the new queen of the elves, Larine has moved to invalidate all contracts with the Empire. A new age would begin for the elves.

King Gardon, satisfied with the demonstration of black druid magic from the Ironfist trio, has sanctioned further study on such magics. He also acknowledged the exceedingly barbaric way that Salana was disposed of, and would keep a closer eye on the offender, Ferdal.

Meanwhile, a dejected Mina Trueshot has politely declined the offer of the Queen to become a reprensentative of the new elven kingdom. The Queen, seeing a valuable diplomat in Mina, was understanding to her disposition and dismissed her from the court.

In a nearby forest, Lord Brian conjures the shadow of the fallen queen in hopes to learn about the emperor...
10/10 yet again, I love it.
Just one thing though, did you buff the "Queens Agent's" faction because it seems that they were more numerous and far more annoying to deal with than the last time i played against them.
I actually nerfed them quite a bit since the SHB. They used to train double the amount to stand in your way.
She's dead, Jim.

Level 29
At last I had time to play and review the new chapter
Act Seven, Chapter Six:
-Problems:
--The hotkeys for the units and upgrades in the Dragonhawk Roost aren't correct according to their position.
--"Kome Reborn" Optional Quest: "... Destroying it should hasten their arrival."

-Gameplay
--Pity that Lady Riana is simply a powerful unit rather than a Hero. She's the final boss of this mission
--It's a good thing that the two rebellions occur in the same corner of the enemy base, since this makes defending them a lot easier.

-Lore:
--Good thing that the Kingdoms haven't participated in this siege. Because the Knights of Kome saying "To Hell with the Kingdoms" would be so awkward. :xxd:
--Sir Gerias is, of course, following the Golden Guard tradition of seeing themselves as the rightseous when in truth they are just conceited assholes.
-How on earth did Lady Riana manage to have Ogre Magi among her ranks? By the way, I think this is the first appearence of ogres in the plot (unless you count the Cyclops that supported the Darkmind Clan)
--Renova actually believed that Larine would need Gardon's corruptive magic to seek to overthrow and kill her? Man, she truly was an idiot.
--Larine shouldn't be using Ironfist clothing as queen. It would make several see her as nothing more but Gardon's puppet ruler.
--Mira did well in not telling Larine that Salana was loyal to Renova till the end.
--Gardon is probably afraid that Sapphira will kill Ferdal if he doesn't keep an eye on both of them

Level 20
Gameplay
--Pity that Lady Riana is simply a powerful unit rather than a Hero. She's the final boss of this mission
I always like to think that the reason why most of the elven characters be it lady Rina, High priest Durin, the dragon hawk guy and the Soldier guy(their names escape me rn) are just powerful units instead of hero units is due to the fact that the elven kingdom suffers from nepotism, they are "high borns" and appointed in those positions due to their brith status, that doesn't make them bad at the position they have been appointed but their drive for growth is not there since they've had whatever they wanted due to their brith status!
Unlike Salana or Lera.

Level 3
i love this friggin campaign!!!!!!!! my wife says it's becoming an obsession..... BUT I DON'T CARE. this is the story of a lifetime for me. everything you guys have done is so friggin incredible it hurts my brain to fathom on how you haven't been invited to work for blizzard themselves... god i friggin love this.... I check on a daily basis for updates sometimes twice in one day its just amazing how you have done this i love the look of the ironfist they have the best armor aesthetically (as well as blackrazor Or the New Guard) i absolutely cannot wait for the next mission

Level 19
Have a good one folks, thanks again @johnwar :peasant-victory:
Oh, what? Are these the elder model? OH BOY! I CANT WAIT TO INVADE SALRIA WITH THESE BOYS! Maybe I should try them as my main healing source in the next map.
The Legends of Arkain Series is indeed a story of a lifetime. I think better than that DOTA 2 Anime in my Opinion... Shar Dundred and Kasrkin? You guys and the team behind this legendary work within the Warcraft 3 community have been such an honor to play. From the First Human book (Which is an experimental campaign back in its days) coming to this TRUE Story project today, I watched and played as the many significant changes have added more lore to this political world. And I'm looking forward to seeing Hells Gates once again, Tribal Dominion establishing itself in Salria, and the Undead more flushed out (AKA: MAKING A MISSION THAT KILLS HESRATHION AS THE MAIN QUEST!) Kezzar Nexus shall have its revenge!

And hopefully, you won't end this series at the True Story alone. Yes, I read your threads, and I'm hoping to see the Princess of Kerrel being a playable hero once this 2nd void war is done...

Keep up the good work boys, and I sense that my Leader and his Legion will come for me soon...

Level 3
At last found some time to play the game. Here is my rewiew.
Dead Forest - at first i tried it before update with Kezzar sorcerers and to my suprise i lost at first try. Ignoring doomlords was a mistake, without converting at least two of them into Deathguards the game is unwinnable. On my second try - Demon Slave Hero was a real pain since there was no good way to disrupt starfall. My third try was after update, but to my surprise i dealt with enemies quick enough (due to experience), starfall wasn't the issue as a result didn't use any Kezzar mages. Apart from that Diabolists are pretty same with faremages, that is sad. Kezzar units have to be powerfull but expensive. Mayby it is better to make them 4 food cost and enhance their magic?
Burning Forest - once again magic is the weakest point. I do understand the concept - Ironfist's magic all about regeneration, healing, but Shadow Embrace is useless. In battles mage units usually sniped by artillary or rangers in one-shot. So, selfhealing as a tier-3 spell seams aukward. Hydromancers with haste are much better. During the cinematic i thought shadowmages are going to be Uber-magic units, but in the end get rid off them completly. Never used them in the following mission either.
Southern Realms - had no problems with the Order of Arcane, they are rather weak. Moreover, i thought that after this chapter Amari will persuade or blackmail, do someting to make the Order join her case. The Order is definitly intrested in all forms of magic, so cooperation with wielders of different forms of magic is a dream for them. Plus perhaps, Amari's mentor is the long lost Grandmagus Arcanum. Apart from that, during the second books i thought that srargazers are from some kind of Order of the Stars, not Arcanists, but whatever. Dark Trolls on the other hand - their have unique large amount of lore, but still represented in game as regular trolls. Their peacefull ways or democracy has no impact in game. Some democracy mechanics perhaps or peace spells ( silence against melee attacks).
Long Live the Queen - computer AI is unexpectadly weak here. Renegade red guard doesnt reconstruct their base, and at some point just stopped sending waves or even build units, the Undead's behavior is even stranger - since they have burrowed carrion beetles they send units and heroes to rescue these beetles one by one only to be killed. Moreover - this mission requiers some scrolls of town portals. Perhaps i'm wrong but in the second human book there were item shops, so you could buy scrolls to teleport and defend your allies.
Apart from that, mission like Rescue and Between the Rock and Hard place - each time replaying them i spend a lot of time and efforts to destroy the Gray Guard's base (Kasrkin in vanilla) and Daric mercenaries base, but there is no reward for that at all even a book, that is a little bit sad.
Anyway great job, real pleasure to play that game. Good luck.

Level 16
Long Live the Queen! Here comes the.. eh... commentary of aspiring Rasi acolyte:
-The former queen spelling megrims upon the future of elvenkind managed to unveil her most pesky cronies. The so-called agents of queen not only turned to tide, but most relentless of all, had their base of operations cloaked at brow of enemies. Yet they drew the ire of Ironfist and Undead alike and didn't resist rebirthing as assassins of newly crowned queen Keera of Daviliad Nexus who was also their queen in life.
-Rohir Nexus, alike leviathan fatted thro' sea of fallen initiated by Golden Guard and Elves, held the tide of grain'd-gold melting to unbosom shade and sylph of frost-wreathed atrophy beneath and waxed the ranks of their living allies thro' draconic shells of armageddon sired and delivered by power of undeath thro' famed Boneyards. Gardon Bloodclaw was most hearty at this... fine bijoux, which, bespoketh of the bejeweled heart of frost wyrm alarums and blooms sapphire scepter'd roses of brume that would bring slumber of grave waxed in chill; that is their breath prosed well as grained perfume of fine bouquets. The aroma well-beloved by Lord of Dead, our Lord Aridon...
-Let me get pared of fancies and scepter of poesy whom I pen upon prose as I experienced this battle myself as commander: The elven outpost was quite pesky thanks to another walking starfall (I wonder... if there is any possibility of elven astromancer unit in the future??? Elves rlly seem well-versed with astromancy and having 'em within the ranks of Ironfist would spell instant victory and locusts of doom descending from very heavens.) Mina did the soundest choice otherwise she would've been slaughtered... and thanks to persuasion of alleged succubus mistress. Destroying western outpost and getting access to Knights of Kome must be done asap otherwise defending Red Guard would get nigh impossible (played on Insane) as agents of queen, attacks from elven loyalists with pesky walking starfall (at first) and GG with holy judgement would always make sure you keep on low upkeep. Betrayal will unfold quite soon enough and Renegade Red Guard can defend 'emselves for a while... until tides of Riana's forces and GG start to overwhelm 'em. They didn't build any buildings and trained almost none, mbe in next update it should be fixed. Nc to see Ironfist twist and... feel bad for GG commander, but it must be done. Also, there should be dialogue between Saphira and Larine as it was used to. Mbe adding Merlon after destroying outpost? It wouldn't make much sense for him to be at Pyrrean fleet when there is huge civil war ahead and he even fought actively prior. With Cora's two ults and Merlon's ult the huge swathes of armies would get melted like polybutter. I also agree Mina being playable and mbe becoming ranger hero replacing Karina after she fells.
-My roster (it is bound to be unstable, however) included 3 or 4ish frost wyrms (but will die out anytime), 6 or 7 Valkyries, overseer for aura, knights of kome, catapults, and 4 or 5ish banishers. Once again, use of golem became obsolete as these knights are better options. Valkyries help a lot in sniping ballistas and a lot of units thanks to op spell immunity, but killing air forces would suffer (personally, Brian should've orb effect to snipe air units and heroes are decent enough to nuke out most of 'em but he rlly needs it). And yeah, Riana's sludges are quite nasty as they can take out entire base if not handled thanks to crit but Brian can nullify 'em quite well. Banishers rlly came in handy against Blood Mage and tons of debuffs outside from healing. Yet I found use of Shadowmages obsolete and even Necromancers too; mbe cuz they died easy against those nasty ballistas and Shadowmages should be pure nuker with shadows spawning to potentially keep in track with rising armies. Destroy GG first and stay at their castle to kill their workers and castle before army gets overwhelmed. Attacking Red Guard or Riana 1st is quite a bad idea due to their positional advantage and ability to reinforce each other from both sides. GG can only be reinforced thro' north.
-So, Larine didn't know about Salana's fate at all... mbe she would remain loyal to Gardon to not cause any conflicts. Truly, Salana is a ticking time bomb bound to be used for the most opportune moment. I can see Mina hopefully accepting the proposal as we need Ranger hero to aid us in Gate of Hell mission. And yeah, new queen's outfit truly fitting. Well, Ferdal is definitely gonna be killed by Saphira; Krom kills Merlon and Saphira kills Ferdal; sealed deal. Gardon couldn't foresee this betrayal. I wonder what would shadow Renova reveal... and more I dwelled upon similarities of shadows and undead... Brian and Aridon perhaps sprang from same gods (God of Death being key component for Aridon while God of Darkness being his partial component. Meanwhile, God of Darkness being key component for Brian while God of Death being his partial component; just my headcanon xD.) Can't wait for more! Next mission is very probably starting invasion of Salria... or even True Story Exclusive map.

Level 19
About the new trailer. There is a lot to unpack:

-Flameddus is pretty similar but dunno why It seems even wiser now. I love It.
-Borean is the house. Also you bring tranquility and thorns aura to the dominion, you are most welcome.
-Gorthog Next in line was a really pleasant surprise. Rangul wants to give it to amari but is too soon, perhaps after conquering Salria if Rangul was alive. Also 100% destroyer agreed because he can beat Gorthog in 1vs1.
-A portion of the deathbreeze after the invasion wouldnt suffice against the mogthar AND red dragons. Rangul, you think dragons are weak? Also Amari didnt thought about the ogres as allies for some reason.
-Murlocs adquired.
-We know that Gorthog will be killed by Dorbric and the bulls but i have hope for him becoming Amari's allie before dying.

Now about the humans:
-All the generals but Dorbric are here. I have a feeling that Kenos will die here, he is against Zairmak and now They know each other. Also we Will be fighting all of them + Darkfang with a much weaker orc Army, this Will be tough
-So thats why Salrians were weak, They Lost his Commander at the begining. Also since They were nevera raided by orcs nor Demons, They are the weakest kingdom.
-This orie seems more fanatical, more redfist than the SOB version.

Level 27
The new cinematic gives more characterization and, ironically, humanization of Rangul and Gorthog. (Not much to talk about Orie yet, because though she plays a more important role than in SOB, right now she's just acting like a Redfist, with not much room to expand upon.)
  • I guess after a series of events, Rangul now sees Amari's value (maybe Vanessa too, because he trusts her enough to accompany him), and is more tolerant of the idea of her leading their own tribe. His opinion of Sasrogarn doesn't change though. (redemption arc when?)
  • They both actually have a point about political shift and cultural clash, so yeah, I'm actually with them this time. According to Gorthog, Ephrog's paranoid af though. Not that it matters too much, since he's gonna be flatlined anyway.
  • And the decision to make Gorthog his successor is interesting. At first, I thought 'why no Zairmak', but it makes more sense when I think about Gorthog's feats. He participated in sea raids, air raids, fought both directly and from behind the lines, tamed powerful beasts, made (powerful?) allies... So yeah, I guess in Rangul's eyes, Gorthog is the no.1 candidate.
  • Marshal Tornash. Guess he wouldn't be a military leader if he weren't a complete pain in the ass. Oh well, Commander Thorn is hotter anyway.
  • Zoia arrives just in time to join the fun fest and.... ohgodDarkfangisstillalivewhatkindofplotarmorishewearing?
  • Also, Bearmen vs Wolf Regiment. Talk about a feisty furry convention.
  • I don't know if Zairmak will finger Thorn to death like in the original, or he'll also do the same thing to Kenos and Aveen. I want Kenos and Aveen to live longer for her character to flesh out some more. They may be minor characters, but they're minor characters that look cool.
  • Talking about Murloc, is there another sea level incoming? If only for ground combat, the smaller Murlocs are weak af, and the bigger guys are also lackluster when compared to Ogres and Bearmen. At least, that is the case unless we have Naga Murloc Royal Guard under our control. Nudge nudge wink wink.

Level 20
is there another sea level incoming?
Oh god that would be awesome ! Just a level where you overrun an entire fleet with a swarm of murlocs, overtaking islands to feed the swarm. I now want a level where we just anihilate the Refist's fleet in revenge for the islands. (I know there is still the pirate level at the gnoll island but naval combat wasn't really the focus. Something more like the last level of the SHB Golden guard path, with access to all the dominion naval and air units would seriously be great)

Level 29
Regarding the spoiler for the next chapter
1- The Redfists should feel themselves lucky that no one word came to Salria that the Empire is planning to leave the continent. Otherwise, no Salrian would even consider taking orders from them.
2- Orie finally decides to take action in this version. In the previous versions, she only decides to show up when the Duke is dying.
3- The fact that Orie has to make Thorn kill Tornash implies that she's not strong enough to kill the latter. She's probably only a high-ranked member because her father is the leader.
4- The Redfist are a clear example of a Neutral Evil faction. They only care about laws and orders when it suits them. They use van Durce's authority to place themselves at the top of the hierarchy and kill Tornash for disboeying orders, but they don't care about the civil war that has been going on, don't care about the demons that are invading, and they use the Empire simply as a means to exterminate the orcs.

-A portion of the deathbreeze after the invasion wouldnt suffice against the mogthar AND red dragons. Rangul, you think dragons are weak?
Rangul still overestimates the orcs.
-This orie seems more fanatical, more redfist than the SOB version.
She seems more like a spoiled brat that uses the fact that her father is the leader of the Redfist to her advantage.

Level 27
She seems more like a spoiled brat that uses the fact that her father is the leader of the Redfist to her advantage.
Hard to tell, but Volarian wouldn't put her there for no reason. She must be competent to a certain extent, otherwise she would have gotten the same speech like the one he gave Aedale.

Or maybe, Orie did, but instead of hating him, she developed a Stockholm Syndrome that caused her to (somehow) perform better in combat to please him, thus earning Redfist's approval later on.

Level 12
  • I guess after a series of events, Rangul now sees Amari's value (maybe Vanessa too, because he trusts her enough to accompany him), and is more tolerant of the idea of her leading their own tribe. His opinion of Sasrogarn doesn't change though. (redemption arc when?)
Maybe redemption arc for Ephrog?

Level 29
Hard to tell, but Volarian wouldn't put her there for no reason. She must be competent to a certain extent, otherwise she would have gotten the same speech like the one he gave Aedale.
In the SOB, Volarian calls all of his children failures. However, he may be smart enough to keep these opinions to himself so that they stay loyal to him.
Or maybe, Orie did, but instead of hating him, she developed a Stockholm Syndrome that caused her to (somehow) perform better in combat to please him, thus earning Redfist's approval later on.
Most likely. She kind of reminds me of Azula from Avatar The Last Airbender, though she lacks most of the stuff that made Azula such a cool villain.
Like, in this cinematic, she had to rely on Thorn to kill Tornash. Brings up to question how powerful she can be when she had to order someone else to do the job for her.

Level 17
There is no doubts that Thorn will be the last stand in the Knights base. I wonder that if we destroy Orie's base this will trigger an aggressive reaction from him.
Also, I expected the reaction of the Orcs when they see what Redfist do to the people of the town nearby. Though I'm not sure if this will change and the Orcs can save those citicenz from Redfist. This could be the start of the trust of a little population of Salrians.
I think is here when Darkfang dies for good. This could give Zoia more aggressive reasons to show in the final stand of the dominion against the king of Salria.
And perphaps (Though I can be wrong), Gorthog will die here as well. The general of the bulls is here It seems... so the dead of Gorthog when Rangul is away could influence both Amari and Sasrogarn to earn the leadership of their allies, though we know Sas is an idiot.

Level 20
Brings up to question how powerful she can be when she had to order someone else to do the job for her.
I mean... ordering someone else to do the dirty work for them is pretty standard even for powerful villains. Though it still shows that she's less concerned with power than Aedale since she doesn't feel the need to demonstrate hers. The fact she can so casually command Thorn to do that also shows that she is pretty well placed in the Redfist hierarchy (which, considering the Duke's opinion of his family, most likely means she's got some capacities)
Still at this point, she's one of the few characters that we know from the SOB yet know almost nothing about (I think she had 2 scenes and in one of these, she was just lying constantly) so it is probably better to wait for more before coming to too many conclusions.

Still it is really cool to see her have a role before Redfist's death.

Level 29
I mean... ordering someone else to do the dirty work for them is pretty standard even for powerful villains. Though it still shows that she's less concerned with power than Aedale since she doesn't feel the need to demonstrate hers.
Perhaps she never had to care that much about her own power because she was her father's "favorite".
The fact she can so casually command Thorn to do that also shows that she is pretty well placed in the Redfist hierarchy (which, considering the Duke's opinion of his family, most likely means she's got some capacities)
The Duke probably values her due to her loyalty and never questioning his orders.

If we were to follow the SHB and SOB, she's only high-ranked because of nepotism. She had to resort to illusions in order to trick Aedale, meaning that she didn't even try to fight her sister; she never participated in any battle against the Dominion (even Vanessa did, after she decided to join them in that Alternate Ending)...
Still it is really cool to see her have a role before Redfist's death.
Since this chapter we play as the orcs and allies, the Redfist will be defeated and she will probably be forced to flee.

Level 19
1- The Redfists should feel themselves lucky that no one word came to Salria that the Empire is planning to leave the continent. Otherwise, no Salrian would even consider taking orders from them.
True, but they are doomed anyway, either the orcs or the redfist will kill them. Either that or the demons once the imperials are gone so... tough luck.

Rangul still overestimates the orcs.
Since they beated the dragon regiment he probably thinks they are as weak as those lizards.

In the SOB, Volarian calls all of his children failures. However, he may be smart enough to keep these opinions to himself so that they stay loyal to him.
Well Aedale fears him, Cora don´t want to even hear about his father, Vanessa was abducted and Orie seems a bit unstable. I think he told them before bedtime, just imagining:
Aedale. Good night Father
Volarian. Go to sleep you living failure.

I think is here when Darkfang dies for good. This could give Zoia more aggressive reasons to show in the final stand of the dominion against the king of Salria.
And perphaps (Though I can be wrong), Gorthog will die here as well. The general of the bulls is here It seems... so the dead of Gorthog when Rangul is away could influence both Amari and Sasrogarn to earn the leadership of their allies, though we know Sas is an idiot.
Some imperial along Cassius and Thorn could die this time for good. Also Gorthog won´t die here (perhaps in the final interlude) because Dorbric is not here while the rest are, my bets are on Kenos.

If we were to follow the SHB and SOB, she's only high-ranked because of nepotism. She had to resort to illusions in order to trick Aedale, meaning that she didn't even try to fight her sister; she never participated in any battle against the Dominion (even Vanessa did, after she decided to join them in that Alternate Ending)...
She joined the demons to gain power instead of training once she became worthless without the redfist...

Level 29
Well Aedale fears him, Cora don´t want to even hear about his father, Vanessa was abducted and Orie seems a bit unstable. I think he told them before bedtime, just imagining:
Aedale. Good night Father
Volarian. Go to sleep you living failure.
He probably never bothered in hiding his disdain towards Aedale because he saw her as a failure since birth.
She joined the demons to gain power instead of training once she became worthless without the redfist...
Exactly! This means that the majority of her power came from the fact that she was the Duke's daughter. Also, she let the rest of the Redfist to die, meaning that she cared very little about them.

@nchp1903
From where? The grave? There's wifi in the afterlife? XD

Level 27
From where? The grave? There's wifi in the afterlife? XD
Maybe there's wifi in Aridon's Black Citadels, so that the souls inside will have something to do while waiting to be reanimated.

I'm curious who actually kill Prideblade in Pride of the empire
He mistook Trenfae as one of his 'dragons'. When he tried to hug it, it spat acid in his face, killing him instantly. Truly a sad fate.

If not, then maybe a necrolyte scorched his body then raised it as a skeleton? Hortnog trampled his limping body when on his way to Pillage another structure? A Bloodhand berserker chopped his head off? The orcs don't care and don't know. He's just another victim that's been swept by the unending tides of steel and might, leaving nothing but his name to be remembered by those who still lives and carries on his legacy...

tl;dr I don't know tbh.