Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by LickMyEyeBall, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter 2: As others have said, the imperials never really attacked. Amari's abilities are interesting. Thunderstorm doesn't seem right as an ultimate for an orc huntress. Unless that's the only time we play as Amari before she gets her shadow powers.

Chapter 3: Says chapter 1 on the loading screen. Aridon's Heart of the Dead Mountain item's description says it increases agility and intelligence but it actually increases agility and strength. The nerubian overlord dialogue played when the orcs attacked me.

I'm on chapter 3, so I don't know if there are bugs in chapter 4. Also, will the True Story be going in chronological order, jumping back and forth between races, or was that only for the demo and the full version will have them separated?

EDIT:
    Chapter 4: Death Coil still has its vanilla hotkey, whereas i assume its supposed to be Q

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  2. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, It seems that amari hace more connection to the sea and the water element, sounds right coming from the deathbreeze clan.
    Sasrogarn had a better connection with summons and Grozfag with earth Magic.

3. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds right since summons, like Sas, go poof when things get tough.

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Apart from bug fixes and tweaks, the next demo will also feature an overhaul of Chapter Four which I have finished yesterday.
    It gives a deeper insight into Selior's mind (I mean you are INSIDE his mind) and some small other specials.
    And since Largoth is quite strong now, it will be made harder, I mean he has an actual vampire ability now.
    I will also look into his walk animation, I would like him to use the dreadlord one instead of the sorceress one. I do like his new bald look though.

EDIT:
    The True Story will be chronological rather than sorted by race.
    I know Chapter Four may give a different impression regarding this but the next version of it will fix that.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  5. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Viewpoint Lore mechanic is cool. Though for people who play for the first time, it may be too much information to take in.
    Concerning the chapters:

Chapter 3

- Aridon's Heart of the dead mountain increases his strength and agility instead of agility and intelligence as it's written on the tooltip.
    - Personally, I think it would be better for the Cloak and Heart of the dead mountain to be combined into 1 item.
    - Since Krom had his AOE heal removed, adding a critical strike like ability as a replacement won't be a bad idea.

Chapter 4

- In Largoth's Dreadclaws tooltip, you should replace the second to with an of
    - While very subtle, I think Wrath's rant can be made much more meaningful if he doesn't refer to Greymoore by his first name.

Chapter 5

- Other people have already mentioned the bugs. I'll wait for the Harmos bugfix before playing the chapter again.
    - This felt way bigger than a clash.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  6. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice update!

I like new Blen's units! Grey Guard sounds really generic though.

The small memory of Selior were heartbreaking. It was a nice touch!
    By the way, I would have probably swapped those chapters. Starting with Blen saying how Selior is his friend and THEN having Selior hating him sounds better than the opposite. Also for new players, it would be better to know who is Blen before talking about him!

I know the AQT is over but, I have two questions:

- When True Story is finish. Are you recommending people to play it before or after the others books? Also, knowing that True Story is "better" gameplay-wise, what are your plans for the old books?

- In first Human Book, Salaran and Zarin mission coop against Orcs... Sasrogarn was meant to die but... What are your plans? Scrap it? Change the enemy?

Also, could you please rename your campaign name to "Legends of Arkain, The True Story" instead of the opposite? I am lazy to go to the T row instead of the previous and famous L lol!

Concerning your Viewpoint Lore. I think it's a good idea! Although, I don't like reading too much lines on quest logs. It's too small.

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    My review of Chapter Five:

-Opening cinematic: It is pronounced "generosity" not "generousity"

-For some reason the glow (the ones that come from our Heroes' Auras) on the Warhounds appear above their heads, while on everyone else they it appears beneath their feet as it should

-This happened to me. I am not sure if it did to anyone else. The "Raid" Optional Quest is completed twice
    Chapter Five | HIVE

-Harmos' interlude: "I already know who that is." rather than "I already know, who that is."

-Hamos vanishes while casting the spell. Since Championfighter25 had the same issue, I will wait for the next version that will fix it to finish the mission

Those Selior's flashbacks were truly depressing, to say at least. Though that one between Selior and Blen felt somewhat out of place, unless Blen's fiancee was at first asked by Selior and rejected him, or something like that.
    I personally don't blame Blen for this. It is just the others' opinion of him that caused most of the problems.

A pity we never got, and most likley, won't get the chance to play as Selior. The poor guy had such a sad past and in the campaign he is mostly just a pawn to Aridon's and Largoth's plans.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  8. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is also one of my concerns about this new mechanic.
    True, true.
    Suits him though. :p
    I think there was a reason for doing it this way rather than the other way around but I don't really
    remember it. I will think about it.
    I think it is better to consider them different series to avoid confusion.
    None.
    I get you, but the alternatives are... well, worse.
    Another idea was adding text commands to the questlogs which, when used, displayed the
    text & allowed you to read the entire thing in the log but you will agree that is also not a great
    alternative.
    Both are correct, actually.
    That happens on some models (Orc Huntress has the same issue), I think that's related to
    buggy attachment placement. Maybe I can fix it.
    That one will be made clearer later.
    Until then, it serves the purpose of showing that Blen still considered Selior his friend.
    It's not like he'll lose his head over it. Oh wait.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You sure?
    Can't find generousity in the dictionary.

10. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just checked my dictionary before I wrote that but I guess I'll just replace it to avoid a civil war.
    Updated the demo to adress reported bugs & also other small things.
    Also added even more dialogue to Chapter Four because why the hell not.

Next on the menu:
    - Prologue (finally)
    - Chapter Six & Seven (one featuring the best sarcastic lich on the continent, one introducing
    you to a general who likes to go toe to toe with any foe no matter the size)

11. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    "one introducing
    you to a general who likes to go toe to toe with any foe no matter the size"
    We┬┤ll get to play with Lerrig? :O

12. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's Bull regiment General.

Remember chapter two of first human book? There were prisoners. I think it's them!

13. gaurdian of the flame

gaurdian of the flame

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think the same but maybe their base will be cut off rather than be a prisoners because i don t think the bull regiment will surrender

14. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Him, or Gardon.

15. Hardric62

Hardric62

Resources:
    Resources:

Chapter 5's ending tells the Bull Regiment is engaging another group of Orcs, so I'm pretty sure that will be them who appear.

16. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep, i just finished the chapter and i thought so too. But anyway gardon fights toe to toe with any foe no matter the size, ask the demons.

17. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I agree with the common sentiment, Selior's flashbacks are devastating.
    Think there's a reason its there. Later on we get information about "how Blen couldnt even keep his..." by Selior. The man sees Blen being a jackass while everyone else praises him.

Also could someone tell me where to read those Viewpoint Lore pieces? It said quest log, but I just couldnt find it there. Or maybe I just didnt recognize it with a glance.

18. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the optional quests part of the quest log.

19. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    The optional quest section.

20. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter 5, updated version

- i was playing as the grey guard and got the wolf regiment as my allies when I destroyed the ironthunder base. They sent out a few attacks then just stopped building entirely. They still harvested gold and lumber, but didn't build units or upgraded