1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by LickMyEyeBall, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Orcs being dumb as always. Since their arrival they gave the humans all the reasons to hate them. Then complain about humans hating them. Orcypical of them. The dialogue where Rangul tells Vanessa the expedition to save the Darkmind is too dangerous for her has very nonsensical sentence, I would suggest checking it.

2. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, Rangul kind of has a point. The Darkmind are right now being slaughtered by humans.
    If they see Vanessa, they might kill her on sight. Or worse, seeing her among the Deathbreeze rescuers might make the Darkmind orcs perceive them as traitors who would allow humans to join them. Or even worse, they could believe that the Deathbreeze, like the Goldaxe Clan, have made deals with the humans and are actually leading them to their deaths.

3. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Rangul was right there. Pretty much what @LISBOAH said, they would kill vanessa, or dont trust the deathbreeze clan members, or think they are mercenaries.
    However if the chieftain and an elite force go to save the darkmind remnants, they´ll think highly of the deathbreeze and the alliance he offers.

4. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant gramatically.

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fergon isn't weak either but Dorbric is of course stronger than him, yeah.
    He did not really get questioned by his troops, I am sure.
    *ahem* I mean, you suggest that the best father in the world would scream in her presence?!
    Quoting @Kasrkin:
    "I imagine Selior trying very hard to hide a smile before he replies."
    Quoting me:
    "That's basically what happened."
    Not talking much, is she? Only driving Selior forward, you could say...
    The old Cleavehand also was a bit too "insane" and obviously manipulated in retrospect.
    Yes, players still know because of the Largoth mission, but it fits better now I feel like.
    I mean, Selior did not really mind it in this particular case and Zoia has quite the sharp tongue.
    The Goldaxe Clan being given some more character also made them less "orcy" somewhat, I guess.
    There's still "less polite Orcs" don't worry. :p
    Hope you are looking forward to hugging a teddybear eventually. ;)
    Count Fergon confirmed.
    Genethas probably chuckled too when nobody was looking. :D
    Goooooood, gooooooooood, let the orc hate flow through you!
    Found & fixed.

6. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Am I even surprised that the imperials are just as eager to beat each other to death just as they willing to do that to demons or orcs?
    I am surprised there weren't any generals from the kingdoms there as well to join the fun tho.

Orcs being orcs, opportunistic to the very end, I kinda like the new Golden Axe clan tho, it looks as if they were the blackthorns before blackthorns exist. They add some much needed "political scheming" to otherwise a rather dull race , cant wait to see Rath get into fights with them on the future about their honor and all.

Adedale is just as gullible as ever one would think that after noticing how the wolf lady treats Blen there were bound to be more rivalries among imperials, but on the other hand she had so much warnings about the demonic eyes and she still ended up consuming them and ending up a puppet so there is that.

I am loving the bull guy there is something rather charming about a giant Human thinking and fighting like a Orc, *Me charge, Me smash*

While the wolf lady...I find her rather repetitive sure it was cool at first but she has the same three liners each and every time Blen is mentioned.

Also Lerring has the merc captain with him now? Hopefully he wont draw the wrath of other commanders when it comes to his incompetence on leading armies.

7. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    So in chapter 8 we'll be rescuing rath and the darkmind clan. Also fighting 3 regiments ay least.
    Probably chapter 9 will be the reunion of the clans.

A proto-blackthorne idea. They wouldnt allow humans on their ranks.

Best new commander for now

8. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those phoenixes and possible fire mages won't be a pretty thing to see and fight.
    Anyway, I like how the chapter looks. It has more of a "burning forest feel" than the original.

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hope you like the smell of orc/human barbeque for the next release.

10. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Smiles in redfist"

11. Hardric62

Hardric62

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have seen Newnok. I have seen justice and perfection reflected in these bottomless black eyes... I sure as hell hope we're getting him as a hero for one mission or another.

12. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played both new chapters.

Act 2, ch. 1

- Rath being unable to level up in this chapter was kind of sad. Seeing Avenge being a learnable ability at level 6 instead of 10 was nice though.
    - If there are no changes to the Xxingraal decision, then killing her may be the better option.
    - Adding an upgrade where the Darkmind Clan cavalry units receive reduced damage from normal attacks would be cool. From a storyline standpoint, it would also show how they have learned their lesson after fighting the salrian pikemen again.
    - Rushing the red enemy team because they're your biggest problem sounds familiar. ;)

Act 2, ch. 2

- I wonder what Vail was commanding the wolf to do?
    - ''The willingness of the imperials to support the Elves is as barren as the terrain of Derryn outpost'' joke no longer works. You Tyrant! :p
    - I'm not a fan of Gardon having his cursed strike ability replaced. The new ability is a lot weaker and doesn't fit his character name-wise and character-wise. Seems like something that a future version of Salana or Larine should have.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is my review

Chapter One of Act 2
    -Wait, is that Wolfguard going to...? Oh no... :goblin_wtf:
    -And now all the regret that I may have had for destroying Salria is just gone.
    -Oh Darkfang. If only you knew what troubles would the orcs soon bring upon the Imperials, you would regret the day you chose to let them flee for the rest of your life.

Chapter Two of Act 2
    -Nice to see Vail in that meeting
    -Salana should also have the "Elven Heritage" ability too. She is an elf, after all.
    -Since the Priests can't have the Master Training upgrade, there is no need for the icon for the Inner Fire ability to appear. Also, the Inner Fire says that it requires the "Banisher Master Training"
    -Wait, why didn't Aaron order his men to evacuate the outpost through the tunnel while he and a small group held the line?
    -And the Trio that will save the Kingdoms has finnaly appeared! :ogre_haosis:
    -Why only Gardon's Knights have the Dark Warrior ability?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  14. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter one Act 2.
    -That orc female... are we going to see an orc being allied with the humans?
    -Scepter of healing now have a description, that´s nice.
    -Killing the spider still seems the correct aproach. We cant let those things to be enslave by the undead.
    -Holy shit, cassius the red is back and he is a monster in combat. Also cut down the amount of farms, you dont need that many food.
    -It seems that most salrian commanders are... a bunch of jerks. Maybe that´s why they are far inferior than the knights of Kome.

Chapter two Act 2.
    -Genethas wants to help Salana... right opening portals in the forest.
    -Ragnar bloodstone seems possessed with those red eyes.
    -No trueshot aura on Mina Trueshot. Shame on you Shar. Also Mina doesnt like Renova, pretty much as Salana.
    -A small mistake. Faction Knowledge 2. Imperial army, Wiithout instead of Without.
    -Mina really likes zed, i wont blame her. He is really cute. A pity that Gardon prefers Larine over Salana.

Go and find me a suitable husband.

Yeah, those 3 elites will save the elven kingdom, making the rest of the armies have more strong archers.
    Nice work pals.

15. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Perfect Dragon.
    To leave.
    I consdier this a good thing. :p
    Weaker? Care to explain? It deals more damage & adds DOT as well as slowing the enemy.
    The only "downside" is 15 more mana cost and no armor reduction.
    Cursed Strike caused some technical annoyances. Also, I would have given Gardon a small
    arm-bound crossbow and an animation to shoot the bolt if I could.
    Personally I believe it to be a better ability for him than the inferior Cursed Strike ability.
    Because of slaughtering Salrians a bit earlier already to get used to the feeling? ;)
    Orcs getting underestimated by Imperials - surely that would never happen again!
    Or... is she?
    Joking aside, heroes already only get 50% from piercing damage and 50% from magic
    (70% from spells) so they already have the edge there.
    In retrospect, giving Zarin & Horgar Spell Resistance may have been a mistake.
    I will reconsider my stance on this once we reached the Green Wave. Either Zarin and Horgar
    lose Spell Resistance or all dwarven & elven heroes gain their respective resistances.
    Banisher or Chaplain?
    Should be Chaplain which should be fixed in the next version.
    He tried to defend the outpost but sent Salana away in case they lost. Don't worry about him.
    Elites aren't Ironfist units per se, despite their dark armor.
    Aridon will remember that.
    Cassius told me he could have more appearances and who am I to tell him no? Despite him being a
    fierce enemy, I dare say he is a decent person.
    They certainly got an ego problem.
    Not a unique unit ingame at this point so... :^)
    Who doesn't like Zed? Lerrig doesn't count.
    Unsung heroes. Or... are they really unsung?

16. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's personal preference mostly.
    I like the armour reduction due to it making stronger enemy units and heroes much easier to take down.
    It can be a bit of a stretch and I haven't made the calculations fully, but a reduction of 3/5/7 armour should help take down an enemy faster than flat extra DPS ( that is reduced by armour )
    Ultimately, I may have been a too quick to judge and should see how it fairs in other chapters.

17. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I kind of felt bad that the Dominion created their nation by taking the lands of Salria. But now, I see the only land they deserve is the one around their graves.

It says Banisher.

18. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Quoting myself because I love hearing me speak:
    The problem is that armor in WC3, once you get into the higher values, loses "worth" so to speak.
    It is not as "effective" as in SC2 where it is a plain damage reduction.
    In WC3 you need 255 armor to get about 99% damage reduction.
    And the largest "jumps" are on the "low armor" values. Not saying that high armor or reducing
    armor is useless, higher armor made Krogar durable, but the DOT makes the new ability more
    useful either way.
    It also fits Gardon to just throw something at you and suddenly you cannot escape him anymore.
    Gardon slows you, Krom HALTS you.
    Hating those Salrian heroes, aren't you? :D
    They certainly are full of themselves, not gonna lie.
    Look on the bright side, the surviving Salrians are allowed to either leave or stay and join the Dominion.
    How you look at that one depends completely on you though.
    Found the reason. Gonna be fixed.

19. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Garithos portrait = Ego problem. Seems right.
    I´ve never count lerrig at all

Maybe now seems weaker but having a DOT and a skill that can be used without being in the front is pretty good.

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One word: Selior.
    Heh.