• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 9
Reading this thread made me realise that I could have had a slightly less painful one and half hour if I didn't disregard the spellcasters (other than witchdoctors) in this mission; and realising that I could have invaded the orange base before I took all other roosts and them squeezing me out made me wish to bang my head over a wall

Never disregard the spellcasters of Arkain. Except Necrolytes. Necrolytes are pretty garbo.

Level 26
Never disregard the spellcasters of Arkain. Except Necrolytes. Necrolytes are pretty garbo.
"Garbo" means Garbage? If that so, Necrolytes can be useful, if you are desperate to use every available tools in your base. They can be very useful in the "Between a Rock and a Hard Place". They are not very OP for sure, but they are far from being useless.

Level 27
Bro no way you're calling Necrolytes garbo.

In the latest chapter -The Legion - they may not be the best, because Moghtar has a bunch of small units. However, in Between A Rock and A Hard Place like HuanJuan mentioned, where enemy players send attack waves of small but elite units, Soul Burn really shines, whileas Chain Lightning deal enough burst damage to get rid of any stragglers. They were my key units to beat that hellish level on Hard.

Edit: I just realized that if Magi were to be put in that level, they would even be more broken than Necrolytes, which kinda invalidates my arguments.

But hey, I'm too used to playing devil's advocate and utilizing sub-optimal units, so let's pretend that I made some very good points about the Necrolyte's strength.

Last edited:
Level 9
I never said they are useless, they have their uses, but in my opinion they get outshined by most other spellcasters. Every time I tried using them, it just felt bad, maybe because the AI just focused them with catapults, but I always found them lacking.

Level 19
Never disregard the spellcasters of Arkain. Except Necrolytes. Necrolytes are pretty garbo
That is a respectable Opinion. This is why Necrolytes is a C-tier orc unit for me. They have their niches but they get outclassed by better spell casters in later chapters. AKA Warlocks...
But if you really wanna know the worst Spell Caster in my Opinion? That would be Ardoz Nexus Invaders. They cost 4 food, lack luster damage, and can't even take a hit. Sure they got mana burn on hit, but they have a lack luster ability and bad stats.
I would rather have Necrolytes any time rather than the Undead Octopuses...

Level 19
Master of Arkain forgive my Opinion about your design choices. Let me clarify my opinion. Ardoz Invaders are like Orc Raiders to me. I've tested them out on the field during the Blood Bath Mission. Let's just say their design-wise is a C-tier for me. Also, Any unit that came from the Temple of the damn or has unique abilities is a spell caster in my books.
I noticed that Invaders are weak in hand-to-hand combat so... I regretted why I even made them my front liners... This is because of their current range, compared to Spell Breakers which have a semi-longer range. Plus It is partially my fault as well cause I tend to be a more upfront General. Like I prefer bulky Brutish frontline troops with a hint of spell support. And to my mistake, I treated Invaders as front liners... I did not have a good experience with them...

Especially how limited we get to play your unique factions. Especially for the Undead... Hopefully, I can get to play with your new toys Master.

Yes, I am aware of the design as they are spell breakers, it's just they are a bit far away to target their prey (Which are spell casters right?) and usually their prey is at the back lines. Add the other factor that the design of your map for your missions tends to be... Chocky...
*COUGH BLOOD BATH RAMP... *COUGH FORTIFIED ORC TOWERS... *With Spike barricades...
My opinion would change if you ever would slightly change the food cost of the Ardoz Invaders.
They are squishy and here let me change my previous statement, they have decent abilities. The Abilities are fine they work I can see what you are going for.
Again slightly change the food cost and have some missions for me to play as Ardoz Nexus and my opinion about these Dead Octopuses will change.
Among all the Nexus of the Undead by far the least unique for me is the Ardoz. They need more time to shine Master... I hope you have plans for them...

Level 27
Master of Arkain forgive my Opinion about your design choices. Let me clarify my opinion. Ardoz Invaders are like Orc Raiders to me. I've tested them out on the field during the Blood Bath Mission. Let's just say their design-wise is a C-tier for me. Also, Any unit that came from the Temple of the damn or has unique abilities is a spell caster in my books.
The Invaders are only playable in Bloodbath, yes? (Siege of the Dead Mountain too, but we only got like 2 of them so doesn't count). If so, then I think the problem lies in the mission design where there are too much stuff for them to handle, and they have to compete their Food Cost against more useful units like Fleshcutters, Seekers and Doomriders

Hopefully, they'll reappear in a level with low enemy density and with a beneficial Boni.

So far, Undead Bonis only benefit the leader's units (Keera and her elves, Ornasion with his demons, Meya with her Banshees, etc) and none of them is overall useful like Okri's or Cora's (or Vanessa's. Holy shit this thing is broken).

So I'll just make up a Galereth's boni that benefits the Ardoz real quick: Fleshcutters, Contraptions and Invaders gain bonus HP regeneration and Permanent Immolation. Will be kinda broken, but it sounds fun to me.

Level 20
Just wanted to share an idea that came to me since people talk about the invader. I really like the unit and, when they meet the right enemy, they definitely will be awesome, but just to get the idea out of my head :

One thing that could be nice for Invaders would be a blink ability. Mana burn is awesome but has very limited range so, since they're not especially fast, they're bound to be limited in use against ranged casters protected behind their frontine (I mean, they still kill them quicker once the frontline is dealt with but that's not usually an issue).
Blink would make them great at dealing with mana users both in melee and ranged (plus I feel that wouldn't be completely against their aesthetics)

But then again, the unit is perfectly fine (it just hasn't its the time to shine) as it is and I understand blink can be a hassle when designing maps.

Level 27
Blink can easily make any unit top tier, take Keera for example. She is S-tier single-target dealer, but if Blink is replaced by another ability, she will be A at most.

Basically, Invaders having Blink can be problematic so let me cook something up, while keeping it non-triggered.

(The results may be overpowered (or worse, underpowered), but hey, I'm here to have fun.)

• Replaces Purge with Abolish Magic/Spell Steal: Less micro, higher efficiency.
  • Replaces Mana Burn with Siphon Mana: Less damage, more mana to use other stuffs.
  • Lowers base damage, but add an ability based on Searing Arrows/Vampiric Potion: Use the stolen mana to convert to attack damage.

Anyway, since we're on the topic of spellcasters, Shadowmage buffs?

Level 19
Anyway, since we're on the topic of spellcasters, Shadowmage buffs?
ShadowMages for Gardon are actually An A-tier unit for me.
Have a very good debuff against armies that rely on brute force. (My weakness to my army composition though)
Then you got their Shadow wave which is good for AOE damage against large crowds. This is good in wiping out smaller groups of enemies AKA the elven army that relies on frontline soldiers, Fack those Spells breakers who are immune to the shadow magic...

But what makes them A-tier is their Last ability. Shadow heal. It's an Eh ability. I was hoping that Brain taught these mages how to spawn a lesser shadow underling to add to the army, but the last ability is very situational in combat. The ability is handy when your Banishers have low mana to cast chain heal, but I tend to save my Banishers' mana. So your mana is better spent spamming Curse or Shadow Wave.

Among all the Nexus of the Undead by far the least unique for me is the Ardoz. They need more time to shine Master... I hope you have plans for them...
And about this statement. Yeah, let me correct this. Ardoz is still a unique Nexus, due to its Arsenal. I reviewed its Arsenal, again, and the Nexus has strong siege units AKA the Twin Dragons. Yet, they have weak front liners due (Not because of the Octopuses ok?) to the fact of text 'Mechanical', So they struggle to recover after a fight... It's a major hassle for me to bring Acotlytes along and you know how the AI loves snipping workers when they get a chance.
Plus you got the Invaders... Yes, I talked about the Invaders before and I would say it again, just change the food cost to justify their presence. They are not broken they are a balanced unit. I tested them out again in the chapter: Blood Bath and they are not that bad, but they struggle to reach their target prey to be effective in combat.
The solution to change my opinions on them: Just let us have a playable mission for the Ardoz Nexus to Shine.

I'm not a perfect person in terms of giving out criticism, so I tend to leave vague statements and maybe harsh statements for someone to take in. But, I am an open person in discussing the balance between Overpowered abilities and Blanace gameplay. Which I enjoy discussing after a chapter is released by the way.
Apologize if my previous statements were insulting to your balance Design Master Shar Dundred. I, as a member apart of the Arkain community, care about the 'REAL BALANCE of ARKAIN' more than the craze Aridon and his fictional Balance...

Again, I am not perfect, but at least I and your other Community members are looking out for the 'Real Balance' between Overpowered playstyles and Balance gameplay.

Level 27
I'm not a perfect person in terms of giving out criticism, so I tend to leave vague statements and maybe harsh statements for someone to take in. But, I am an open person in discussing the balance between Overpowered abilities and Blanace gameplay. Which I enjoy discussing after a chapter is released by the way.
Apologize if my previous statements were insulting to your balance Design Master Shar Dundred. I, as a member apart of the Arkain community, care about the 'REAL BALANCE of ARKAIN' more than the craze Aridon and his fictional Balance...

Again, I am not perfect, but at least I and your other Community members are looking out for the 'Real Balance' between Overpowered playstyles and Balance gameplay.
I think your criticism is valid, and not harsh. In my experience playing multiple games and custom maps, there will always be more than a few underpowered/overpowered strats in game, whether the gameplay designer intends it or not. Most of those times, it will be up to the community to find and report them, which will then be implemented accordingly in the gameplay via patches, if that makes any sense.

(Be proud that you're not like that one who asked for Destructor buff.)

But what makes them A-tier is their Last ability. Shadow heal. It's an Eh ability. I was hoping that Brain taught these mages how to spawn a lesser shadow underling to add to the army, but the last ability is very situational in combat. The ability is handy when your Banishers have low mana to cast chain heal, but I tend to save my Banishers' mana. So your mana is better spent spamming Curse or Shadow Wave.

Yeah, Shadow's Embrace's not good, not bad, but just lame. As in, they don't feel like a Master-tier ability, but an Initiate one. Maybe it needs an addtional effect like giving the Shadowmage bonus armor or bonus damage for a few seconds for it to be less lame.

Also, Food Cost competition again. He has to compete with Banishers, who are extremely good burst healer that basically give the Ironfist frontliners a second life on top of having Disenchant and Faerie Fire.

Level 19
Also, Food Cost competition again. He has to compete with Banishers, who are extremely good burst healer that basically give the Ironfist frontliners a second life on top of having Disenchant and Faerie Fire.
Actually, they don't compete from my perspective. They actually complement each other due to the fact that they can both cast debuff against opponents. Unless you have a different idea contrasting to mine.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
From a food cost perspective, you could argue that many spellcasters are underprized for
what they bring to the table compared to vanilla casters.

If I ever were to balance it to a competitive level (which I will not do for a singleplayer campaign)
I would have to make many custom casters cost A LOT more food or otherwise have to nerf them.,
Instead I opted to keep them mostly around the same cost and let players decide to do whatever. :p

Level 27
Actually, they don't compete from my perspective. They actually complement each other due to the fact that they can both cast debuff against opponents. Unless you have a different idea contrasting to mine.
Hm, I guess I have contrasting ideas because I value units more for their individual roles instead of their roles in a big army, due to me massing a certain type of units in most of my strats.

One day, we'll have a spellcaster tier list.

Level 12
Only finished The Legion now. Got 6 dragons first from top left. In hindsight I realised I can leave the roosts after, dragons can be healed and its a pain trying to defend at two places that far away.
Did towers of gray base and then took the bases with Dragons + Ogres. Nasty air defense but used ogres against their ground and was fine.Downhill after taking grey bases.

Spellcasters: Witch Doctors should not be at frontline, drop wards and go back to regen mana for next wards, only useful if u defend Roosts. Ogre spellcasters can take more hits and all spells are good. Dont have the apm for the others as the catapults will kill them.
Storywise it was ok, some more character for Vanessa and a cliffhanger ending.

Level 19
Plantpaladin, you should try practicing and utilizing the Orc Warlocks. They are an S-tier unit for me. Sure, they are fragile but if you know how to position them well and know when to use both buff and debuffs they are the most powerful spell support caster in your army, some what out classing the female Shaman in one way (But I still prefer Bloodlust though).

Warlocks' Unholy Frenzy makes your Dargons (Both Red and Sand), Ogres (Especially Brockta) and Heroes the most overpowered units in the mission.

Also take note:
Unholy Frenzy + Battle Roar = Dishes out huge amount of damage against the Moghtar, who rely on Debuffs and numbers. But that aint gonna stop the Legion and their unyielding might. Not to Mention that Both Dragons and Ogre Mauler do Splash Damages so their Zerg Tactic aint gonna work, most of time...

Now, imagine if Shar would have placed Female Shamans in this mission (Like in the previous iteration of this mission)? Brockta and his Legion would go on a rampage with the Crazy buffs the Warlocks, Shamans and Ogre Magi would bestow upon them.

On hindsight though, the Addition to Shamans would be over kill, but still a missed opportunity for me to go on rampage with my Clan Lord.

But still I highly encourage this line up if you struggle to micro your Army units.

Group 1: Main Heroes and the Main Troops.
Description: This group mainly consist Bulky or Beefy Frontline Troops including (Yes that Includes Ogre Magi cause how Shar gave them both Armor and Melee Upgrades) your Heroes. I treat this group as the main Frontliners. The role of this group is to be a wall, or they serve as the shield, the vanguard to protect your vulnerable, yet powerful, range units.

As for Group 2: Spell Support
Description: Spell casters are one of the most influential units in every battle, thus they can change the tides to your favor. This Group assignment allows you to group your fragile yet powerful spell support casters together. This includes Healers, Buff givers and Debuffers. (Yes, its optional for you to place the Ogre Magi here if you're not confident enough to utilize the capabilities.)

Pro Tip: Press 'Tab button' to switch Heroes or Units with Abilities to quickly and efficiently use abilities.
Example of group of Units I utilized during the Red Day Chapter: Witch Doctors, Warlocks, Shamans and Spirit Callers.

Group 3: High Damage Range Units (Not artillery)
Description: This group consists of your fragile but high dps unit range units. This group consists of either ground troops that serves as Anti air and range DPS or Air mobile troops for Air support.
(Examples of Unit compositions for this group: Skull Blade WindeRiders (During the Horse and Rider mission) or Ogre Harpooners with Kodo Beast or Maybe Red drakes. Yes, you can add Dragons to this group but I treat Dragons a different category...).

Group 4: Artillery
Description: This group consists your slow but valuable long range siege units. This group's role is either snipping Spell casters at back, slowly chipping away Enemy defenses or as an Overall Base Destroyers.
(Example Siege Units: Catapults and Heavy Air Siege Units: Like Ardoz Twin Dragons, Disruptors and Dragons. This explains why I place Red Dragons as a siege unit option for they tend to be slow in combat and heavily rely on buffs to be effective to what I notice. Their Chaos damage is Great Against buildings, but they need to be closer to deal damage. Well atleast they deal Splash damage though even on buildings compared to the Disruptors.)

Level 19
Here's a more accurate depiction of my ideas to further help you understand.
Group 1:

Group 1.jpg

Group 2:
Group 2.jpg

Group 3:
Group 3.jpg

Group 4:
Group 4.jpg

Nice advice for following missions. Will do!

Level 27
The new cinematic was quite a lot to take in, with a lot of added details from its previous iteration during the Second Books. I'll go over a few details that I find amusing.

Gardon's side:
  • It's a breath of fresh air to see someone like Vail, who sees through Gardon's temptations and suggestions. You could say that it Gardon's first attempt was to ...no a-Vail. pls laugh
  • The wolves has found a partner in each other, which already makes their social life better than mine.
  • Gardon also says that Birram was the one who helped him contact the Black Dragons, so I guess that was also when Thanok first got on board? Also, does Thanok have a 'true' dragon form?
  • While in the cave, I think that since because Gardon couldn't use his mind-control magic, he had to be a little bit pushy to Vail, and with Kasraazs and Thanok jumping on the boat, they finally got Vail to agree. She changed her armor in like...a second, without a changing room. Quite an impressive feat.
  • Also, Ferdal is Vail's new bodyguard. Is it just me or is he even more braindead than Salana now?

Rangul's side:
  • A guy whose ultimate spell is Earthquake, is now doomed by an Earthquake. The irony is clear here.
  • Orgen is Zarin's gunman now, and the Dwarves brings more men than I remember.
  • Redfist's rant is unhinged, and while he does that, I like that the camera slowly zooms out to reveal the Bloodstone riflemen situated on the cliff.
  • Ephrog's fate is...not much better. Instead of Zarin's LV3 Storm Bolt, he got hit by Orgen's normal attack. Guess it's the 15% critical chance kicking in.
  • An epic fight breaks out, or at least, it would be, if Rangul decides to use his spells. Imagine if our beloved Duke got hit by Hex or Chain Lightning, but then he turns the fight around with a Firebomb.
  • Once Rangul is done, he decides that Vanessa must...die? She turned out this way because the Orcs educated her, so why can't he just re-educate her back? This guy is so angry that he's gone insane, but at the same time, his anger, combined with his racism, makes for some very good absurd humor.
  • When he made Vanessa see through his eyes, I assume that he used some kind of memory crystal? I saw those things in other campaigns/games before.
  • He also called her Nessi to perhaps make her sympathize with his choice, but since Hortnog also calls her that, she views Redfist's words as more like a mockery?
  • Speaking of Hortnog, it's been too long so I forgot, but did Vanessa teleport away using his gift? And Zelech's teleporting spell is like a pick-a-closest-target, so when Vanessa is gone, he accidentally teleports Redfist away? Well, good luck to the soldiers who got left behind.
  • I like how Redfist asks "Who dares?" and Brockta answers "I dare." He would be the type of nice guy to protect some random dude in an internet argument who just got hit by a "Who asked?" by saying "I asked."
  • Still, poor Vanessa though. She always tries her best and is the one of more moral characters, but she got the cold shoulders from both Humans and Orcs way too often.

Brian's side:
  • Now this makes more sense why Aridon still proceeds to deal with Orcs, but also why Brian never informed Gardon of Saphira's betrayal. In the end, they're all chesspieces of the gods.
  • Although Brian is now the better god in my eye. No more siding with Aridon. If you're gonna be angry, at least make it be entertaining like Redfist, and not go full passive-aggressive.
  • Aridon also projects a lot, saying that Brian is "influenced by human emotions", without looking in a mirror. If he keep this up, eventually Krom and Rahandir will be tired of his shit.

Also:

Can some good samaritan make an image of Redfist's portrait, with the line: "You are here to DIE!" under it? Similar to this pic:
81f.png

Level 29
Interlude:
-While the grown-ups are talking, Zed and Sindra's minds are singing Hello from Lionel Richie in unison. :xxd:
-Volarian mocking the races for not being noble, when he cares nothing for a continent that might be destroyed. Not to mention that he pretty much implied that he would let his men rape Amari.
-Imagine if Orie was there when Volarian said that Vanessa was the only child that he loved. Maybe she wouldn't care, if her Stockholm Syndrome was that strong.
-Zarin wants to avenge his brother's death. Meanwhile Mordin is chilling on Death Mountain. Eh, chilling. Get it?
-Zarin you are a buffoon. The Bloodstone Dwarfs you will leave in Salria will die. You will join the Golden Guard that were fully prepared to leave the entire continent to die, lose and be forced to hide in the caves. And for what? Because your brother died while protecting a relic that an arrogant elven queen wanted for her collection?
-RIP Orgen. Amari is a main character and the future leader of the Dominion. You know the rules, and so do I.
-I would love to see Vail chew on Dorten. She owes him nothing. He brought this upon himself.

Grammar mistakes:
When Vail enters the cave: "Thaonk" --> "Thanok"
  • Once Rangul is done, he decides that Vanessa must...die? She turned out this way because the Orcs educated her, so why can't he just re-educate her back? This guy is so angry that he's gone insane, but at the same time, his anger, combined with his racism, makes for some very good absurd humor.
At least he didn't try to brainwash her, like he did in the SOB. This Duke is slightly better than the one from the original campaign.

Level 19
The Future of Akrain has been placed. Everything is aligning according to the Master's plan.

Brain and Aridon toying with their servants.

I was wrong about Brain getting fooled too easily. He knew all this time. Too bad Saphira's undead will backstab IronFist in the End. R.I.P. Federal in advance.

It is always inevitable for Aridon to bring the bone lords against the orcs.

At this point, Shar has already embraced what douchebag Aridon is instead of making what Jayborino has viewed him to be before, a cliche anime-type anime character that is thinking is doing the right thing. Instead when you look at his actions. Some of it literally is just stupid decisions that just harm the balance he claims to protect.
Ogren Bloodstone has now become a hitman for Zarin, but I think his too cool to die so I think? But, it's possible for him to live when he realizes that dealing with the Orcs and their allies ain't worth the shot. I hope Amari shows compassion unless she gives in to her dark side and his shadow for her cruel collection of bound souls that make her stronger.

Lastly:
Duke Redfist timing was expected, huh? All of his love was poured onto Vanessa, so this is why Orie is a spoiled and weak brat. She was never loved resulting in a Sasrogarn quality of a child. When you notice it though her combat level is similar to Sasrogan. Only stays in the base during the Horse and Rider mission. Not even moving out once unless their coding is bugged. This proves shes a coward and might take others' credit as if it was her own.

Also hoping for Pigmen Chapter. Pig vs Bull. I wanna see who gets to survive. The old Bull Dobric or the Beast Lord Gorthog?

I wonder how the Murlocs and Pigmen going to be integrated into the Armies of the Dominion though.

Level 20
My, that was a heavy one (even if things stay mostly unchanged).

This cinematic really made me like Brian. Up until that point, he was kind of a side character who did not seem to be bothered by anything. But there, we see him actually caring for his apprentices and their goals. Also I love that his condition is Aridon not personnaly interfering. Goes to show that he trusted the orcs and friends to deal with litteraly anything below a litteral god.

Poor Rangul and Ephrog would probably have liked a lore change but alas, few things seem to go their side. I like that we see the bloodstones in the mountains, showing how these earthquakes happened.
One thing seems weird. Where are the guards ? Vanessa being alone, fine. But Rangul, the leader of Orckind has no bodyguard or orc being somewhat in his surroundings ?

Vanessa's reject of Redfield is nice... but considering the only thing he offered her is death, it is not that surprising.

It would be nice if Redfield was not so set on Vanessa's fate. As it is, he tells Rangul she'll have to die and repeats it to her. I feel it would feel more engaging if he gave her the chance to join him and... cut out her orcish ties to avenge her mother (after all, the Redfist have offered plenty of people the chance to take revenge against the orcs). Especially since he mentions that Zerech is ready to teleport her out of here, which is weird if he was gonna execute her on the spot.

Finally, Orgen is in Salria then ? Maybe he'll be able to have a talk with Aedale. Maybe then he will reflect upon the Bloodstone's philosophy of using all available power. Well, if he survives Salria that is...

Level 27
No way! He came all the way from Resident Evil to kill Rangul?!?!

One thing seems weird. Where are the guards ? Vanessa being alone, fine. But Rangul, the leader of Orckind has no bodyguard or orc being somewhat in his surroundings ?
Joke asides, I think that the earthquake seperates him from the rest of his allies. Whoever tried to get through was killed by the Bloodstone.

Level 29
Also I love that his condition is Aridon not personnaly interfering. Goes to show that he trusted the orcs and friends to deal with litteraly anything below a litteral god.
It's funny that Aridon keeps underestimating the orcs, no matter how many times they keep ruining his plans.
Poor Rangul and Ephrog would probably have liked a lore change but alas, few things seem to go their side.
Ephrog was plotting against Amari, and Rangul had to learn that actions have consequences.
The way of life they defended created a monster and a gigantic army whose only goal is their extermination.
They were probably alone while talking, and the Bloodstone snipers might have killed any orc around without no one noticing it.
Finally, Orgen is in Salria then ? Maybe he'll be able to have a talk with Aedale. Maybe then he will reflect upon the Bloodstone's philosophy of using all available power. Well, if he survives Salria that is...
Chances are that he won't. Dwarves are stubborn as a mule and the orcs will ensure that all Rangul's murderers will not escape.

Level 17
Already watched the cinematic:
  • So the Black dragons are back, and their queen looks very impressive. I expected her to be in her real form and the transform in her visage.
  • The moment Vail changed colors was the inevitable doom to all humanity. Oh well, those who are in Salria are in better hands (I hope so)
  • I'm happy for Zed. Good boy has a new mate, and soon perhaps little pups to raise together.
  • "She must survive at all cost" Well, I have many ideas how the fool Ferdal will die. I hope his dead is painful for all the damage he caused to Salana. I really expect both Saphira and Lera being his doom.

• No more Rangul. The only thing that hurts me a lot is that we lost the precious scepter of healing. The hell with that orc, the item!!
  • With all of that chit chat of Volarian, my determination to end the Redfist is becoming stronger and stronger. I'll crush them all.
  • I don't care about your orders, Orgen. Your dead will come soon as long as you want to hurt the future empress of the dominion.
  • So Vanessa used the item best uncle Hortnog gave to her. I only hope she doesn't arrive in a wrong moment. You know, like seeing him with the "chieftain" of the Goldaxe.
  • I expect the Deathbreeze clan guide Brockta, his legion and the dragons to the others. Perhaps we can see a cinematic about it.

Congratulations to the team.

Level 29
The moment Vail changed colors was the inevitable doom to all humanity. Oh well, those who are in Salria are in better hands (I hope so)
Doom? The Ironfist are the best hope for humanity! The Golden Guard are preparing to leave, the Redfist care nothing besides their desire to wipe out the orcs, the Kingdoms needed the Empire to survive this long and more than half of them fell apart...
  • With all of that chit chat of Volarian, my determination to end the Redfist is becoming stronger and stronger. I'll crush them all.
These guys are nothing more but a bunch of hypocritical and genocidal racists.
  • I don't care about your orders, Orgen. Your dead will come soon as long as you want to hurt the future empress of the dominion.
We all know that the Bloodstones are as good as dead. The ranks of the future Dominion are growing, they will not gain any support since everyone else are busy either with the civil war or the demons, and they underestimate the orcs.

Level 26
No more Rangul. The only thing that hurts me a lot is that we lost the precious scepter of healing. The hell with that orc, the item!!
:cry:
I wonder how the Murlocs and Pigmen going to be integrated into the Armies of the Dominion though.
Probably the same way, as the other Naga units kept in the Skullblade Clan (If my memory serves me well and I'm correct - Source: "A Fresh Breeze" chapter). I don't think the orcs are going to leave them as it is, if everything collapse, they can say good bye for their free will and freedom of choice( - The Murlocs I mean.)
It's funny that Aridon keeps underestimating the orcs, no matter how many times they keep ruining his plans.
You know, they are filthy barbaric creatures for him. If you don't have a narcissism-o-meter, get one, because Aridon is sick as an undead can be mentally. That guy needs to be dealth with sooner or later, very seriously and forever.

Level 12
Overall good cinematic, if a bit long.
It might chrash on 1.3 version so stick to 1.29.
Why dont you upload more cinematics to Youtube? Helps when you need to rewatch them.

Duke Redfist is such a tragic character. Even if hes evil he makes some good points.
For comparison, what did the demons do to Gardon?

Liked the visual update to Vail as it really helps with storytelling.
Also liked the white and black wolf.

Brian betraying Gardon rather than the orcs is a tragic act but perhaps a better choice.

Level 16
Here cometh the review:
-Ephrog just got gunned except having honor of being hit by mini-mjolnir... the karma of plotting behind the future empress, I take? That scepter being at hands of red... is most concerning. Red Day is gonna be huge hell then. Btw, Aridon... be free to vex Brian by having... cough certain fallen orc to drive a wedge...
-Bloodstone snipers rlly do their works well for sure... but how they gonna fare against ogres is a different issue. Those things have skin of tungsten, too bad they have to find out. And, pretty much RIP Orgen; I'm certain Brian would like to have Shadow Dwarf sometime in the future... or who knows, Krom could very much arrive and hunt him as he might switch to Salria this time (that swift sack of bones should embrace his bony heritage and join crusade of bones). Now to think I can't wait for Risen Resistance; one hell of hype indeed!
-Too bad that Volarian lived old enough to see himself become a monster (oh, irony is rich in... iron?) and can't even properly treat her daughter (she obviously didn't wish to be stolen when that fated day came). Aridon should indeed pay a visit to certain grave shown in the cinematic and perhaps try to lecture some morals to him by using her... tbh I would pay to see this scene (pun-intended ofc as pocket of my garment consists of emptiness wink but still a pipe's dream, and it doesn't pay to dream ofc) and to see Volarian's rage at someone so beloved to him risen... that would be intense ofc. And... oh, wait... Aridon has no morals to preach to begin with... and undead ranger could very much be his desired tool.
-That is one impressive model for dragon queen and quite a breath of fresh air to see Vail having her own gimmicks and developments. I remember she was C-tier to me but now ascended to A-tier. To see twin wolves bonded is a cute sight indeed. And, to see Zyainor assembled brings a drip. A fitting for Gate of Hell showdown.
-Watch your words, Volarian, or else u could very much provoke wrath of certain golden dreadlord... Hortnog could very much be killed in the future, as my hunch says so. And, it seems Nessi could've discovered the truth of Goldaxe chieftain, and it would be such a shock if Hortnog himself is also actually a demon (but, well, some demons do have penchant for affability and gentleman dreadlord is clearly affable too). That was pretty inconvenient time to teleport but well... and RIP to Redfist soldiers and that was pretty much a good reason of ogres joining now that Redfist roused Brockta's wrath. Zelech is ofc senile old man, Volarian, deal with that and u r shown to be poor mastermind.
-Behind the scenes of Aridon and Brian r elaborated well with reason why Brian didn't warn of possible treachery to Gardon... all according to the plan and Brian ofc had to comply with his sister- cough brother to keep him in place. Once again, keep hyping:ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 6
Finally, some orc death.
i was getting tired of these fking mary sues playing victims for too long. Time to see some orc blood.
A lot of orcs for me are pretty unlikeable to me. Reminds me of IRL hypocrites who love to hurt but play victims when their prey started fighting back.

Level 7
A lot of orcs for me are pretty unlikeable to me. Reminds me of IRL hypocrites who love to hurt but play victims when their prey started fighting back.
Hard words but i understand what you mean. Orcs have pillaged and killed people in morbid ways. Burned alive in houses. I ask if that was necessary to do it. just kill your victims and it is over. A big karma for Rangul and his race.

Question, why didn't Orgen say to the high king about his brother? He was present during the mission "Possessed" and has seen undeads. So, he should know the Mordin's fate. during the interlude, i have the impression that Zarin doesn't know about his brother. Now, we are speaking of Zarin, how can he join golden guard if these guys are planning to abandon the continent? I would be upset if i was in his shoes.

Level 29
-Ephrog just got gunned except having honor of being hit by mini-mjolnir... the karma of plotting behind the future empress, I take?
He plotted against Amari because he believed that she would destroy orc culture. He now gets killed by an army that's the result of the same orc culture he wanted to protect.
Karma is a b#

Last edited:
Level 20
Just saw the previews of what is to come :

• As expected, the bonelords will make their first appearance in the true story. Can't wait to fight them !

• Unexpectedly, some Moghtar survived ! I wonder what they'll do now. We do't even know if they have any other strongholds. Maybe they'll even go after their Warchief for abandoning them (if they figure out that's what happened). Either way, they're probably part of one of the new maps (maybe it'll be the one where we recruit the pigmen) and maybe we'll learn what they are.

• Of course, Dobric had to show himself at some point, but I wonder what he's been doing. Maybe he's gone after the pigmen so they can't be recruited by the orcs (but it doesn't seem like him to not charge at the orcs directly). Either way, we're in for a beating.

Level 17
Regarding the spoiler:
-I think we'll use the moghtar Izziraz and his remaining forces to escape of the Ogre legion or Redfist (In the secret mission of the SOB, the fanatics decide to wipe out them after killing the orcs). However, something tells me that he wouldn't reach the end. Betrayal perhaps?
-General Dorbric is here. If Rangul and Ephorg had been deal with, only ONE "old way" orc remains: Gorthog. Well I can expect that once the Pigmen were recruited, an ambush will happen.
-And finally, the "only bones are pure" nexus, I mean the Scarec. I have an idea that they will appear in areas with tones of corpses and will wipe out remaining enemy presence and collect the fallen to strengthen their nexus.

But a crazy idea I had is:
- A crash of the three forces, moghtar survivors, bull regiment and scarec nexus.

Level 26
I am afraid that Gorthog will die. If he survives, there will have no civil wars between Amari and her brother. His death is necessary.
Are you sure about that? Maybe after surviving such an attack, and near by death Gorthog maybe think twice to kill his fellow orcs? Especially after their islands are burnt to the ground?

Level 19
BROTHERS! More Exclusive Maps have been announced and I feel that each Chapter will be impactful as time progresses.

The First... The Bull and The Pig...
Who will win? It is up for debate. But I'm placing my trust in Gorthog's survival.
The Pig men must be in the Dominion, Master Shar Dundred, I to know more of these Pigmen.
The 2nd... The Bone Legions, The Crusade against all Flesh, and the Nexus of Bones led by their glorious Leader. I hope they get to shine, committing mass genocide to increase their standing in Salria before challenging the Orcs and their allies and... before becoming the story's Punching bags.
Who we will control in this map is the real question. But I sure hope it's the BoneLords or maybe not.
The 3rd and last picture. So we got ourselves some survivors huh? I thought my Clan Lord and I, with the aid of Death Breeze, wiped these Moghtar filth. They're germs of the Dominion, they will soon have their revenge. But, another question remains... Who exactly we are going to take control of the upcoming Chapter?
Lastly... Shar Drundred I know you are a busy Knight and I know this might be irritating and redundant for you. But?... I hope you didn't forget and consider my Gift to you for Borean and his fellow Bearmen... I care for Arkain and its gameplay quality, which also leads to my love of audio design...
But, nonetheless! I hope to see the next updates, It will be months or a season to come, but it will be worth our time to wait, for the next war to come!
The Climax of ACT 8 is beginning...