• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The twin also eh, they are kids but serve as a plot device to test if the Bone Lords still have a heart to spare the innocent, and yet... nothing escapes from the grasp of the Army of Bones.
They're not "twins", just two young children, though I get your point. :p
I dunno if the children have joined the Scarec crusade, but it only proves that Bonelords have no heart for the flesh
Their bones are too small to be raised as skeleton warriors - but they can be used for bone constructs
such as the Annihilators.
No bone gets wasted by the Scarec Nexus, whether old or young!
As I was advancing, I was imagining the desperation of each soldier when seeing those three with legions of skeletons. It was a losing battle from the start.
They never stood a chance.
-Here I thought mbe someone like Rahandir appearing and telling Bonelords they are to spare Salrian nobles on order of Aridon (like what happened to Renova's twins), so they can be used in the future to destablize Dominion in Salria much like what the twins and Salana in the future would do.
The Bonelords only listen to orders coming from Aridon - and Aridon had no reason to spare anyone since
he is confident that the Bonelords will succeed where all mortals - including the Salrians - failed.
There was no plan to destabilize them in the long run as the Orcs were not supposed to still be a faction in the long run.
or the nexus would fragment
Out of all nexus, the Scarec Nexus is the one that is the least likely to fall apart given its doctrines
and universal hatred of all things related to life and flesh.
The only reason why they have not already started their crusade against all things of flesh
is Aridon not allowing them to.
WLP8Qq.gif

TPaROI.gif

... I can't put it more clearly.
Rattle me bones!
Regarding the mission itself, tis was nice! Although I think that Sa'thar's (i think thats his name) summon skeleton ability should have its cooldown increased, its a bit too low and feels rather too overpowered, even for the bonelords, at its current cooldown
I will slightly nerf his spell in the next update - not too much since this is still the Bonelords we are talking about
but you know, put it more in line with the others' spells.
-Why did the Bone Lords had to go through this way in order to reach Salria? Haven't Krom and Meya previously occupied a Golden Guard fortress that protected Salria's borders?
Despite the fact that the Salrian Border Guard was in the area, this was not the actual border of Salria
but behind said defense. One of the reasons why the royal family felt it was safe there.
Also, it's a shame that we receive nothing for defeating them.
The Bonelords are not powerful enough for you? :p
Do you know what they could have done? Kill the royal family and ask the Rohir Nexus to spread rumors that the orcs and their allies have commited such act. This would simply further everyone's hatred towards the orcs, and make their job easier.
The Rohir and Scarec are not exactly friends to put it mildly.
The Ejara and the Rohir come right after all living creatures on the Scarec's "To Kill" list.
(Lenira are not mentioned here because the Dark Elves themselves ARE living creatures)
-After seeing just how OP the Bone Lords and the Scarec Nexus are, the only way the orcs will survive will be through Plot Armor and/or Deus Ex Machina.
I really don't understand why this whole "Orc Plot Armor" or whatever is still a thing people talk about.
This is the True Story, people, you should really know better by now, we're 52 chapters in at this point. ;)
I really hope Amari won't just beat these undead with her Power of Friendship though. This is my biggest fear. Bonelords being hyped as super badass evil only to fell prey to orc's plot armor as the latter will surely come out unscathed.
What I said before.
Also, Amari definitely doesn't just use the "Power of Friendship" - look at the Grella arc. :p

-Why did they have to attack these Salrians? These guys are against the same Orcs that they want dead!
I think that the Bonelords deem the Salrians a failure because they let the Orcs into their land in the first place, and because they have flesh.
But the Golden Guard were in charge of defending the borders, not the Salrians. The Redfist even tried to warn them, but the golden pricks refused to listen.
The last time someone tried to talk some sense into them, his whole family died. Can't have shit in Salria.
The Bonelords definitely do not want the help of flesh creatures - especially living ones.
The Bonelords are seriously maked me question everything about them.
They show that the different nexus, while united by Aridon's will, are very different from each other.
Different enough that they'd have many conflicts among themselves.
The Rohir and Ejara definitely would not be fine with such a massacre - the Ardoz would have taken
the bodies of the royal families since this kind of cruelty is exactly the kind of stuff they like to experiment
on - though they too would prefer them still being alive to do some more torture.
The Scarec on the other hand disagrees with the Ejara's enslavement of living creatures - and also with
that thing they did with the captured Orcs.
Also, in one of the Tales focused in the undead, one of the Scarec crusaders WANTS to attack the Ejara nexus representative, just because it still has flesh, and for the doctrine of slave the living rather that kill them all.
Yep, the Scarec really aren't fans of the Ejara.

Level 17
The Scarec on the other hand disagrees with the Ejara's enslavement of living creatures - and also with
that thing they did with the captured Orcs.

Yep, the Scarec really aren't fans of the Ejara.
Speaking of which, will there be the possibility of seeing more "fusions" made by the Ejara nexus? I seem to remember that they were interested in capturing the giant sludge creature that was in the depths of the dead mountain.

Level 9
I really don't understand why this whole "Orc Plot Armor" or whatever is still a thing people talk about.
This is the True Story, people, you should really know better by now, we're 52 chapters in at this point. ;)

What I said before.
Also, Amari definitely doesn't just use the "Power of Friendship" - look at the Grella arc. :p

52 not including the interludes. But regarding this point, I don't understand it either, as to my understanding the Orcs haven't really had any asspulls or plot armor. They've had their asses whipped and slapped time and time again(mostly because some of them are just incompetent, cough cough Rangul and Sas). But despite that, they've managed to find ways to survive. Admittedly, the main reason they HAVE managed to survive thus far is because everyone thinks they are mindless brutish savages and as such don't really pay much attention to them like how the Humans would to the Demons. The only faction that does take them somewhat seriously are the Redfists and thats mainly because they are craving revenge. I guess the only question regarding their successes would be as to how do they still have so many numbers (talking about just the Orcs) considering the very MAJOR defeats they've had.

Level 29
52 not including the interludes. But regarding this point, I don't understand it either, as to my understanding the Orcs haven't really had any asspulls or plot armor. They've had their asses whipped and slapped time and time again(mostly because some of them are just incompetent, cough cough Rangul and Sas). But despite that, they've managed to find ways to survive. Admittedly, the main reason they HAVE managed to survive thus far is because everyone thinks they are mindless brutish savages and as such don't really pay much attention to them like how the Humans would to the Demons. The only faction that does take them somewhat seriously are the Redfists and thats mainly because they are craving revenge. I guess the only question regarding their successes would be as to how do they still have so many numbers (talking about just the Orcs) considering the very MAJOR defeats they've had.
I am not saying that the orcs have been having plot armor till this point in the story. The way they survived is explained, as Amari hired the goblins to rescue them.
And, yes, I do find it weird at how there are still many orcs after they breached Cleavehand's defenses, were being attacked from the rear by the Demons and spent months probably being hunted down by the Imperial and Royal forces.

The problem is that this latest mission shows both the Bone Lords and the Scarec Nexus as force that can destroy anything that stands in their way. And the orcs and their allies not only have to deal with the Scarec Nexus, but with the Salrians, the Redfists, the Imperial Regiments and Daric's forces. Even with the Gnolls and the surviving Ironthunder, Darkmind and Cyclops coming their way, I don't know if they will manage to survive without considerable losses and without any main character dying.

Level 19
The Tribal Dominion in the True Story isn't built through the power of Friendship anymore. It was already hinted and shown through multiple chapters, characters, interactions, and dialogues that the Dominion was founded through shady deals, enslavement, and deceit. Well almost all of it...

Here's a detailed explanation of how each ally joined the Orc's side:
Goblins: Shady deals about... Profits with the Goldaxe Clan and... Maronogin... Also the Goblins are no more than thieves. (Thieves that Innovate! Yes, Lenard. THANK YOU FOR THAT INSIGHT!)

Dark Trolls: Amari manipulating Grella to wear the amulet. (But it looked like that the Dark Amulet it was more tamed compared how Birram applied it before)

BearMen: It was not that dark at all. It's just the BearMen were desperate to be saved from the corruption and the Humans hubris for their hides. They had 2 choices gamble their lives with the Orcs who are willing to help them or gamble their lives against a corrupted forest, limited resources and the humans hunting addiction?

Spiders: They were tamed by Inaara and were fueled by her hatred. Seems pretty dark to me and I have to agree on the theory that Inaara might be brainwashed by General Zoia BlackWolf.

Cyclopes: They were deceived to lend their aid by just one crazed anger fueled Orc. Yet, they stayed with the Orcs for I see that they too needed to a place to stay and to be safe from the wrath of the Humans of Kerrel, which I assumed they incurred.

Earth Golems: Their Origins is mysterious and possibly dark as well. I have a hunch or a theory that Grofzag is a reincarnation of a powerful being that once lived a long time ago, maybe during the Arkanians were around, and possess Earth Magic as his signature means of magic. Because of this magic and his power, he created the Earth Golems as his servant. It's just like that Chinese Emperor and his Terracotta armies.

Centaurs: The same as with the BearMen they only wanted to survive because a certain stupid king declared war on them, even though the centaurs didn't do anything to them in the first place! I like the detail how Flammedus is skeptical with the Orcs and their war like nature.

Ogres: In the Second Orc Book it was Vanessa who suggested to join the dominion in a 'Hey you look strong and you should join cause power of Friendship. Now, it's still Vanessa that recruited the Ogres, but she had to lie to my Clan Lord to gain our aid. Vanessa had no noble no choice to convince Brockta and his Legion. Besides, I have to side with her, cause have seen how the Salrian Nobility and some of the royal family have wall nuts for brains. AKA how much of a Racist they are...

Red Dragons: The reason for them to join the Dominion isn't questioned for me. They were freed from the Moghtar by orcs.

Murlocs: Gorthog ensalved a tribe and used the remaining tribe members during the siege of Kome. I bet none of those Murloc tribe's men survived that siege. And they still somehow allied with another tribe during the later chapters? Ok! The perfect ally for body shields- I mean friends... Just don't tell the rest of the Murloc tribes about a previous tribe being enslaved by Gorthog and his Skull blade clan and then sending them to their deaths just to save a very important girl...

Gnolls and Harpies: I think the Gnolls joined the Dominion out of a noble cause, due to the timing of the Humans and their actions caused King Gorehowl to finally act against them. I mean remember and be aware that Dogs of War chapter is coming and expect that Redfist, in this Zelech, is gonna imprison King Goreholw. Thus, giving the Gnolls a reason to join the Orcs without question. That until Amari claims herself Empress. Remember the Gnolls still have the Zyianor Trauma and not to mention what Gardon is bringing back to the fold.

Pigmen: The last members of Dominion. Its hard to predict what will the Pigmen be like on the battlefield. I assume their gimmick is more on the Bloodhand clan troops, cause the Pigmen are said to be warlike, and I hope to see a Pigman having the Blood hand Berserker's berserk ability. Even possibly a Pigman Hero to aid Gorthog against Dobric's vengeance???

This shows it aint the power of Friendship anymore. Yes, some of the interactions feel like the Anime Cliche of Power of friendship, but the point is that the True Story is trying to fix that by adding more lore and adding more mysteries only the Master of Arkain knows. And Intend to find out what are those secerets. (Cough Grofzag and his... Previous life)

Level 19
Lets review the bonelords chapter:
-The starting cinematic army was huge and i was impressed, however since is the BONE ARMY that was merely a scouting force.
-Each of the bonelords have a different skill set that was neat, the one that summons skeletons should have that cooldown reduce a little bit.
-Exploring on this map give awesomes rewards, either more soldiers to fight or huge boost of 500 HP in total.
-This abdicated king and his son were what salria really needs, a selfless king and heir that wants to unite all the kingdoms and magic orders to fight the demons (i suppose its the demons and not the inhuman races)
-Despite Harmos and Taran, is there any grandmaster of any elemental order alive? I think we pretty much kill all of them.
-Now the scarec nexus have access to arcane (and more importatly boneless) magic too. If they start using starfall during the fight against the orcs it will be a slaughter
-The bonelords have no compassion against anything that have flesh, not even to children.
-This one was the easiest mission in Arkain all along, so probably risen resistance will be peak high (also before risen resistance we have the dwarven chapter...)

A crazy theory of what would happen to the Order of the arcane came to me:
- Some survivors remain in the area after the imperial regiments and King Salran's forces were defeated. Seeing the orcs and their allies fight the Bonelord and manage to defeat them, the remnants of the order decide to voluntarily join Amari and the others (With some intervention from Vanessa and perhaps Logan if he ends up joining the Dominion, which I hope TwT)
I doubt anyone survived here, but the undead are a threat equal to the demons so they´ll probably fight together.

-Why did they have to attack these Salrians? These guys are against the same Orcs that they want dead!
They have FLESH and also having more skeletons against the orcs would be useful.

The problem is that this latest mission shows both the Bone Lords and the Scarec Nexus as force that can destroy anything that stands in their way. And the orcs and their allies not only have to deal with the Scarec Nexus, but with the Salrians, the Redfists, the Imperial Regiments and Daric's forces. Even with the Gnolls and the surviving Ironthunder, Darkmind and Cyclops coming their way, I don't know if they will manage to survive without considerable losses and without any main character dying.
They won´t, that´s why some major characters and even clans will disappear. The salrians are pretty much done for at this point, the imperial regiments were severely crippled too after cleavehand´s defeat, the only factions at his 100% power are Redfist and Daric´s forces and both of them have lost some generals too.

The Tribal Dominion in the True Story isn't built through the power of Friendship anymore. It was already hinted and shown through multiple chapters, characters, interactions, and dialogues that the Dominion was founded through shady deals, enslavement, and deceit. Well almost all of it...
100% agreed, not sure how is the most stable political kingdom after the war when most of them had no other choice in order to survive.

Level 19
Guesses, first battle against Bonelords or the new race that Shar talked about ages ago.
The new race could be the Green dragons joining the GG.
It could also be the new race joining the Dominion.
Praxius from 'The Dead Forest' chapter did mention a very important diplomatic meeting with mysterious people. The Master of Arkain has hinted at the presence of Green Dragons on the continent. Or I could be wrong and maybe the Leader of the Paladin is on his way to the Dwarves to make an alliance with High King Zarin. Regardless, I have seen how Act 8 is turning out. It is an Orc-heavy chapter and so the main focus is on the Tribal Dominion for now.

I do hope we could use the Green Dragons during the Battle against Genethas and his Demon slave Armies. I could use some Dragons and hopefully get to know them better.
(Heh heh... Remember the time when you struggled to break into the base of Genethas in the 2nd Human book?)
(... Yes, Lenard... Took me 2 failed attempts before realizing that I need to destroy the Demon gates first before engaging the Bastards. Thank you for that Painful reminder! So many... dead Paladins...)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
A lil heads up for those who already downloaded the update I just posted:
Because WC3 Editor decided to be annoying, a summon spell bugged out. I just uploaded a hotfix.
Enjoy!

Edit: And another hotfix because of a bug in the ending cinematic, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Level 29
Act Eight, Chapter Four
-And yet another member of the "Old Orc Order" perished. That was what they get from defending such lifestyle.
-I am afraid that Dorbric might become another Redfist.
-So the Moghtar can pretty much bring the dead back to life? Neat.
-Hold on. A portion of a weakened Tregakh managed to sink an entire continent? This after he was ripped to pieces by Zindrach and later barely survived after the Demon God exploded. Just how powwerful Zindrach was then?!
-Well, good job Izziraz. You probably doomed the Moghtar to enslavement to a former orc!
-What on earth are the Darkborn based on? Tregakh apparently never created new races and instead corrupted other ones, so what did he use?
-Inara is more like those "disgusting humans" than even Vanessa, who is an actual human! Though Lokar was also foolish if he actually believed he could rebuild island that are nothing but ashes.
-Inara is on very, very thin ice. The Darkmind have already lost most of their reputation by stealing several members of other clans, attacking human settlements rather than looking for survivors, and lying to the Ironthunder orcs. I doubt that the rest will believe in whatever lie Inara will come up with to explain Lokar's death, especially since she was the only one there.
-Well, I bet neither Aridon, Bhaarizel nor Tregakh were expecting this!

Gameplay
-Gorthog's top ability is called "Summon Bear", but he summons spirit wolves. Also, it has the Q hotkey.
-If I use the "Summon Bear" ability to summon the wolves, it will also summon Trenfae (Edit: I just noticed that you mentioned it)
-Why didn't the Blademaster of the Terrorfang join even after we killed the Darkborn Warlord? Same thing happened with the Boarslayer Warleader.
-What did we get from killing the Darkborn Warlord that lies to the north?
-The northeast Moghtar base doesn't join us even after we kill their Darkborn Warlord. I still kept fighting them till the ending cinematic.

Grammar:
"Rangul was dead" This sounds weird, I think that "Rangul is dead" suits better.

Last edited:
Level 19
Review of the Great Hunt:
Gorthog: This is Gorthogs moment! A Beast master in his element showing off his skills in taming animals and Mogthar? You actually turn this Green skin orc into a more interesting Character. You caught my attention @Shar Dundred. His loyalty is still questionable and he might spark an actual civil war between Amarii and his new slaves- I mean friends. You sowing the seed of civil war Shar Dundred and I am observing closely...

(Zergy: Also Gothrog you do know that Brain Shadows were closely watching you during your little meeting with Ephrog... No? I guess you somehow deserve this...)

(Lenard: I was hoping to see the Pigmen during this Chapter. Sigh* I was hoping to get some Lechon during this chapter)
(Zergy: Oh, Lenard. You and Belly can wait there is a war to be seen first! At least the master has revealed some... Every Interesting plot to the story)

2.) The Moghtar: So actually revealed the Origins of both orcs and Moghtar I see. It was always clear that the Moghtar are the servants of the Dark One but their origin turning out to be Green Skin orcs before was interesting. Now most of them are slaves and I dare question Gorthogs motives for them in the long run, his loyalty to the dominion, and his sanity with all that is happening.

(Lenard: A Civil War? Oh how Barbaric!...)
(Zergy: They are orcs stupid! Ofcourse they are Barbaric! Just like we are a 2 headed Ogre that are in the Ogre Legion! So get your brain together!)
3.) Inara: THAT DOUBLE CROSSING BITCH! SHE KILLED MY BOI LOKAR!! NOOO! ARE YOU BECOMING LIKE Hajime Isayama the Author of Attack on Titan Shar?!! THE THEORIES ARE TRUE! WE ALL KNEW YOU WERE SPY!
(Lenard: Zergy! This is WARCRAFT 3 were talking about not Team Fortress 2 nor ATTACK ON Titan. This is Legends of Arakin!)
(Zergy: Don't ruin this moment, Lenard!)

As I was saying... IMMA EXPECT IT WAS ZOIA WHO ORCHESTRATED THIS! The evidence were clear. During the castle raid for Greymoore, the Wolf regiment appeared out of nowhere! How the hell did you guys know we were here? Unless?... We have a Mole?... Still, I wonder what is her fate when she returns to Amarii. WAIT... SHE MIGHT BE A DOUBLE AGENT!!!

INARA IS A DOUBLE AGENT! (Shouts in German Accent!)

(Lenard: INTRUDER ALERT A SPY IS IN THE BASE!
(Zergy: A SPY IN THE BASE?!)

Inara: THAT DOUBLE CROSSING BITCH! THE THEORIES WERE TRUE! WE ALL KNEW YOU WERE SPY!
(Lenard: Zergy! This is WARCRAFT 3 were talking about not Team Fortress 2)
(Zergy: Don't ruin this moment, Lenard!)

As I was saying... IMMA EXPECT IT WAS ZOIA WHO ORCHESTRATED THIS! The evidence were clear. During the castle raid for Greymoore, the Wolf regiment appeared out of nowhere! How the hell did you guys know we were here? Unless?... We have a Mole?... Still, I wonder what is her fate when she returns to Amarii. WAIT... SHE MIGHT BE A DOUBLE AGENT!!!

INARA IS A DOUBLE AGENT! (Shouts in German Accent!)

(Lenard: INTRUDER ALERT A SPY IS IN THE BASE!)
(Zergy: A SPY IN THE BASE?! WE HAVE TO PROTECT THE BRIEF- WAIT! DANG IT LENARD STOP TEAM FORTRESS 2 MEMES AT ME!)
(Lenard: Heheheheheheheh...)
4.) Dorbric and the Bull Regiment: Dorbric got his revenge, but that might change cause Shar Dunred literally pulled out the Uno Reverse card on him! But I assume that if Dorbric Survives he might join the Red fist faction instead of obeying orders from the Golden Guard. I am expecting the final exclusive chapter for this mission Shar is the final showdown between the Bull and Pigmen.
My expectations is high, Shar Dundred! I want both Pigmen and Murlocs to trainable when Gorthog Fight Dorbric! The Murlocs are nothing more than side shows, I want them to be trainable! My strategist thirst is killing me!

(Lenard: Aren't you demanding too much of him, Zergy? Maybe we should calm down, think and wait?)
(Zergy: Lenard, I have been waiting for this chapter and it got no Pigmen on them! I want see the Pigmen now! NOW!)
(Lenard: SH*SH*SH*.... Its alright just wait a little bit longer, ok? How about we get some Lechon on our Brother coming birthday, yes?!)
(Zergy: ... Oh alright... I will wait... Atleast I'll have some Lechon Baboy in a few days time...)
5.) Lokar: NO! NOT MY CHAD BOY LOKAR! Shar Dundred What have you done?! ARE YOU BECOMING LIKE Hajime Isayama???

(Lenard: Zergy Calm down! Let me remind you that this is not Attack on Titan.)
Oh... Ehm.... Forgive my outburst. I mean- I'm acutally sadden of Lokar's death. Sure his idea was stupid thus getting himself killed in the process. He was a great character from start and I was hoping for him to grow in the Iron Thunder clan's greatest Chieftain! Plus, I was hopeful that he will contribute great things in the Dominion, but alas... He is dead...

(Lenard: Or Is HE???)
(Zergy: Lenard! Don't ruin this for me! Can't you see I'm sobbing right next to you?!! My favorite orc character is dead No thanks to that Bitch!!)
(Lenard: Calm Down Zergy! Who knows what the Master has instor for us! Maybe he might come back to life?)
(Zergy: Really, Lenard? Clearly you have no idea how unpredictable Shar Dundred is?...)
6.) The Dark Ones new race: These Dranei things? They are not the creations of the Dark one, Yes? They are like the Mogthar transform from his... So called Blessings. Yet, what purpose do they serve in all of this? As of now they are punching bags for Gorthog's rage... They are mysterious and They are-

(Lenard: UGLY!)
Dance.gif
Conlusion: The latest release serves as another filler to let us know what are the character's doing in all of this chaoctic Void war. I was hoping for the Pigmen, but Gorthog's story arc is... Fascinating and I'm hoping that his new look can still convice the Pig men to join the cause and hopefull make peace with Amarii.

(Lenard: Oh a civil war is inevitable, Zergy. Its is...)
(Zergy: Lernard? Are you Thanos? Do you have the inifinty stones and make that dam wish of yours come true?)
(Lenard: I may not Thanos, but I want to see some action and Drama! HAHAHAH!)
Sigh... Anyways, the Mogthar might join the Dominion or not? And these creatures that serve the dark one?... They are still vague and I hope you don't leave any plot holes to this Shar Dundred. Until Then... I await for my Lechon Chapter...

(Lenard: HEHEEH... Lechon...)

Level 6
  • I downloaded the mission just right before the hotfix dropped, meaning that the ending cinematic couldn't proceed normally, since the Moghtar pack would just spawn hostile and kill Gorthog instantly. I managed to get around it by typing whosyourdaddy at the end - hopefully Inara's unit getting two levels from Gorthog's kill count will not affect the future gameplay.
  • The final fortress was the most insane part of the mission - everything drops at you all at once like an avalanche, and letting the fight go loose will easily make the enemies overwhelm you and kill Gorthog before you blink.
  • Looking forward to the succession crisis that ensues among the Orcs (and the wild cards that are Inara and Moghtar!Gorthog who could play a role in it). Though with only the Destroyer and Sasrogarn remaining in the traditionalist camp (and no Pigmen, either), chances of Amari's opposition to put up a decent fight appear to be slim.
  • Gorthog's death wasn't unexpected (after all, what's an intermediate ruler here for other than either to reign or to die?), but him turning into another character with a score with the ancient ones to settle is an interesting development. Though judging by his ending cinematic's rant, he is more likely to take his frustrations at Amari or someone around her than anything else.
  • At very least, Moghtar warlock succeded, for a time being, to ensure the survival of the Moghtar clans after they became expendable to Tregakh's plans. But there is a catch... I wonder what else did he expect to come from this, other than acting purely out of desperation.
  • With Lokar and Gorthog dead, only Zairmak, the Destroyer and Maronogin remain as Rangul's Horde founding chieftans who (so far) have survived the outcome of Rangul's blunder. The Orcs have come a long way.

Last edited:
Level 17
New mission finished:
  • I knew this would happen. Bad luck for Dorbric that it was like an empty victory. Revenge won't help you bring back those you lost, old bull.
  • The next thing was crazy: I can't believe Gorthog was turned into a Moghtar. Bad idea Izziraz, did you think he would be grateful to you? Pfff, and so the Moghtar think they are superior...
  • So the Moghtar society is like that of any wild animal: Follow the strongest. Like I said, so they think they're better than orcs?
  • I'm surprised the Murlocs were only surprised by Gorthog's new color. The less they know, the better.
  • These Darkborn... I wouldn't be surprised if they were human or something like that. Just imagining that maybe Gorthog had enslaved some... if they call him "Beastlord" for a reason.
  • I didn't know there were so many creatures at Gorthog's disposal. I don't think the ogre legion likes to see sand dragons as "pets".
  • Oh Lokar... you should have continued and listened to Inara instead of going back. Be careful, I'm not justifying what she did, but Lokar should have listened to her instead of closing in on his idea. One more loss that hurts me u u
  • I'm sorry to tell you Gorthog, but in your new form it would be VERY rare if they let you even say a peep, unless he and Amari come to an agreement? Maybe intervention by Brian? Although I don't think the orcs are willing to work with Gorthog and his new people.

Now gameplay:
  • I recommend going for the brown base first. Their forces are small and if you only focus on killing the Darkborn, you will have some additional forces.
  • Going after the murlocs later would be nice, so you'll have extra forces to raze the orange base.
  • Then I focused on scouting and destroying the other bases. Be very careful with the last base since it has many units and a bad movement or coordination can condemn you.

Some errors:
-In the last cinematic Lokar says "And" twice when he says that Rangul and Gorthog are dead.
-Gorthog kills his beloved hydra and some moghtar.

The mission left me speechless. I hope to see more surprises inside Arkain.
Good job everyone.

Last edited:
Level 16
Even I couldn't foresee the twists:
-Dorbric likely headed to his doom along with other generals in Salria. A pity to lose such a fine silver stud wink. The revenge is a poison that haunts yet can never be exorcised if festered too long. Between Charybdis and Scylla.
-Even I couldn't see this coming... Gorthog's story I thought would end soon yet he was meant for something greater. So, Mogthar use sacrificial magic in place of necromancy... pretty fitting. Izziraz was an idiot to think Gorthog would serve him and paid the price of blind gambit. He is not called Beastlord for nothing.
-I take Darkborn were made from Kingdoms' exiles or even elven dissidents? Only time will tell.
-The strategy: Make sure to go to murlocs 1st and let Trenfae and lizard kill bulls while they chase Gorthog in cat-and-mouse with him shockwaving. After murlocs, enlist all Mogthar dissidents and g str8 for southeast warlord. Just ignore Mogthar attacks and g to him directly. Will lose a few units but worth the price for swelled number. Repeat the same tactic in western base; will lose more units but just killing him will reward you with max food army. Don't forget to refresh in fountain or else casualties will be immense. G for northern base and then last base. Mission accomplished.
-Inara is S-tier with her resolve and development. Lokar... u must be too blind or did Dish Best Served Cold knock something in your brain? You expect to build home in now barren wastelands? Bet even your shamans can't restore the islands; they are that damaged. Tho Inara's actions r not excused, and the consequences will be severe if found out, she had the best sense.
-With Lokar, Rangul, Ephrog, Rath gone and Gorthog orcish legacy away, it only leaves with Sas, Destroyer, and Zairmak of old order. And Gorthog obviously wouldn't be accepted in his redskin and be seen as abomination. The new dawn of dark age be upon Mogthar with their foolish leaders now cut down and replaced with tyrant... Love the symbolism here: The expendable of Tregakh found a use after all but in iron fist. It seems Orcs are meant to symbolize revolution. And I wonder if... Gorthog can find company in cough perhaps risen Lokar. He wouldn't wish to damn him to undead aberration... or would he??? Perhaps Brian's intervention would allow him to fight along Dominion (but they will ofc be treated as lepers outside the camp).
-So, Tregakh had his temple in Grummush and this orchestrated cataclysm of orc home... he could've been a joker of Four. Mbe Tregakh got essence of God of Destruction (Surtr (Norse), Abaddon (Abrahamic), Chernobog (Slavic) etc comes to mind) when Arkainian gods warred while his main essence being from God of Trickery. Once again, well-made, team!

Level 26
I manage to make myself a unique ending from the last released chapter. Basically I completed the quest requirements, and after that Gorthog was died, because the completion of the quest does not mean, that everybody must stop fighting. Before the ending cinematic is triggered, Gorthog is died circa 1-2 seconds before it, and the "Main Quest Failed" appeared with the menu to restart or load. After that the cinematic started, and everybody is stayed still. Literally. Nobody even moved one bit. It was absolutely accident to make the outro look like this.

The chapter was a very good twist, and even suprised me. I don't know how to prepare for this type of suprises, because I'm sure, I don't even expected to see this to happen. I'm shocked. The beastlord was.... raised as Moghtar. This True Story exclusive chapter are sure gonna suprise me and everyone here. That one camed from the thin air.

Level 27
I finally had time to finish the new mission, and I got several what-the-fucks in a row, which is a good thing. Anyway, here's my review:

• I thought Gorthog would have an epic battle with Dorbric, but Dorbric just killed Gorthog in the first cinematic and left just as fast. The mission description said that Dorbric had been waiting patiently, so did he scout beforehand, or did someone tip him off?
  • Inara and Lokar spotting him is also more surprising, but they just left his body there without a proper burial. Maybe they did, but Izziraz dug him up?
  • Also, Pet Lizard. Basically Water Elemental as a basic ability. Beautiful.
  • Izziraz is...not very smart, is he? He did say Moghtar values strength, but that doesn't mean his should be that dumb.
  • So Tregakh's magic is interesting. Brian can reap out a soul to leave the body (Shadow) behind, Aridon can reanimate a dead one then bind their mind/body to his, whileas Tregakh is just...rebuild someone completely, unbound body and mind, even if they're already dead but with an intact body. If there's no funny twist, then shouldn't Tregakh's power be the mildest one? Then again, I don't know about Zindrach.
  • The Darkborn. I accidentally spoiled myself by 'testing' a few stuff in the Editor, but now that I finally face them in an actual map... Let's just say it was not fun fighting those broken Seers. Although, Tarm Luthran may get along with them.
  • I hope we won't fight them later. Their structures don't have the work animation, their models are pretty much the same, so I can't tell which buildings need to be shutted down during a siege.
  • The fishes. Reavers are bad, Mammoths are fine, and Lizards are good as always. Fast projectile speed and long range allows me to tag multiple units with Slow Poison alongside Trenfae. Misopportunity to not place any easter egg in the lake though.
  • Why do they see Gorthog as an ally, despite him enslaving them during the Siege of Kome?
  • For the bases, I cleared them clockwise, starting from the bottom right. The Boarhunter got a few pre-placed Moghtar units that didn't convert to my side when I beat the Chieftain, but I don't mind.
  • Also, "Boarhunter". Something tells me that the Pigmen aren't exactly on good terms with the Moghtar, which might makes Gorthog's job a bit harder.
  • I also like the recruit mechanic, by killing one dude and keeping the other two dudes of each small group. The spellcasters are dangerous, but if I spare them, they'll join me. Kinda wish that Moghtar has a tier-3 unit to make this work in a high-risk-high-reward way better, instead of those meddling Darkborns.
  • Gorthog called in some reinforcements at the end, but they stood no chance against the enemy. I had to target down as many Seers as I can with my Sand Drakes, then spam Shockwave and Firebolt at the Chieftain.
  • The final cinematic has a bug where Gorthog and the Moghtar treats Trenfae as an enemy.
  • Other than that, I dislike Inara now. Lokar is foolishly optimistic, but does he deserve to die such a stupid death? I don't think so. It would be understandable, if she said like 'nothing personal', but she called him a coward, then proceeded to shoot Lokar in his back, then Wind Walk away from Gorthog? That's some hypocrisy right there.
  • Anyway, I wonder what will happen to the Darkmind Remnants under Inara's command, the Ironthunder Remnants, and the Skullblade orcs who weren't aware of Gorthog's fate yet. Maybe Gorthog will be the one to beat racism, and accidentally help the human deal with Tregakh idk, but that has to wait until the next chapter.

Level 12
Lokars death was a bit cheap. Guess there was nothing left for him. What happened to him in SOB?

Overall refreshing to do another mission that dont requires basebuilding again.
Didnt do sand drakes, final boss was just right click him and add some spells, have your melee run in first and I was fine. Got too many units from the western objective but that was kinda hard so not too easy overall.

Level 20
Just finished the new mission :

I played after the hotfix for the summon but i don't know if i've played under the other hotfix so i'll list everything in case it didn't get fixed.

From a gameplay perspective :
  • The gameplay is nice. It's a short a simple map with a well executed concept.
  • Just one thing : the final base seems a bit much, I don't know about others but in my case, the beast reinforcements were slaughtered before i could even get through the first line of grunts. I feel like you could use a bit more beasts, maybe from the forest too.
  • The final base of the moghtar doesn't change side after the warchief dies. Also, on the southeastern clan, a few moghtar didn't turn either despite being in the base. Maybe it's because these units were created (by the way, is it normal that the moghtar replace their dead units by making new ones ?)
As for the story :
  • The beginning is a bit abrupt. We go straight from the loading screen telling us he'll encounter the bull to Gorthog being dead... I feel like it would be interesting to have sort of a normal mission introduction before the Bull charges in.
  • Izziraz getting killed that way feels inconsistent. He is supposedly very old and knowledgeable (he's got knowledge from the Dark one) and he knows just how much the orcs hate the moghtar (he just had his entire fortress stormed by Rangul) so why did he assume that Gorthog would serve him ? Maybe he could have some sort of binding that would fail because of his exhaustion after the ritual or something like that...
  • Where are the pigmen ? Like, Gorthog becomes a moghtar so the mission is canceled but the pigmen must have existed in this area. Were they slaughtered by the bull regiment ? By the moghtar ? If so, why aren't there any ruins, destroyed villages... etc

Level 19
Where are the pigmen? Like, Gorthog becomes a moghtar so the mission is canceled but the pigmen must have existed in this area. Were they slaughtered by the bull regiment ? By the moghtar ? If so, why aren't there any ruins, destroyed villages... etc

No, it's said in the mission intro that he was on his way to the Pigmen. So which means while on the road he was caught by the Bull Regiment (I think he left his Skull blade clan with Amrii and the Gang), specifically Dorbric. To those of you who are asking how the Old Bull knows of Gorthogs wear about? Think of the Boar Regiment! THE BOAR REGIMENT ARE THE TRUE CULPRIT HERE! They are the eyes and ears of the Empire! THEY ARE THE SPIES FROM TEAM FORTRESS 2- No wait Legends of Arkain.

Level 29
  • I didn't know there were so many creatures at Gorthog's disposal. I don't think the ogre legion likes to see sand dragons as "pets".
Chances are that Gorthog and his new Moghtar army will fall... one way or another.
  • I'm sorry to tell you Gorthog, but in your new form it would be VERY rare if they let you even say a peep, unless he and Amari come to an agreement? Maybe intervention by Brian? Although I don't think the orcs are willing to work with Gorthog and his new people.
Since Gorthog was conspiring against her, and now that he commands the Moghtar, she will most likely try to get rid of them.
  • Other than that, I dislike Inara now. Lokar is foolishly optimistic, but does he deserve to die such a stupid death? I don't think so. It would be understandable, if she said like 'nothing personal', but she called him a coward, then proceeded to shoot Lokar in his back, then Wind Walk away from Gorthog? That's some hypocrisy right there.
What did you expect from an orc from the original Darkmind Clan? Those orcs are the most hypocritical of the bunch.
I bet that Inara abandoned Rath not because of growing a conscience, but because he refused her the chance to kill Greymoore.
  • Anyway, I wonder what will happen to the Darkmind Remnants under Inara's command, the Ironthunder Remnants, and the Skullblade orcs who weren't aware of Gorthog's fate yet.
I bet Inara won't live for long.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
-So the Moghtar can pretty much bring the dead back to life? Neat.
So, Mogthar use sacrificial magic in place of necromancy... pretty fitting
Not really, the warlock did it by taking knowledge (that he shouldn't have).
He also had to sacrifice four other Moghtar and most of his own life force. Plus he's dead now
and that knowledge died with him.
-Why didn't the Blademaster of the Terrorfang join even after we killed the Darkborn Warlord? Same thing happened with the Boarslayer Warleader.
From a gameplay perspective, they're just optional map bosses with item drops.
From a lore perspective, they wouldn't just bow to another Moghtar without a fight first.
hopefully Inara's unit getting two levels from Gorthog's kill count will not affect the future gameplay.
Nah, no worries.
At very least, Moghtar warlock succeded, for a time being, to ensure the survival of the Moghtar clans after they became expendable to Tregakh's plans. But there is a catch... I wonder what else did he expect to come from this, other than acting purely out of desperation.
The next thing was crazy: I can't believe Gorthog was turned into a Moghtar. Bad idea Izziraz, did you think he would be grateful to you? Pfff, and so the Moghtar think they are superior...
Izziraz was an idiot to think Gorthog would serve him and paid the price of blind gambit. He is not called Beastlord for nothing.
Izziraz is...not very smart, is he? He did say Moghtar values strength, but that doesn't mean his should be that dumb.
His success made him a "tad bit" overconfident one could say...
I knew this would happen. Bad luck for Dorbric that it was like an empty victory. Revenge won't help you bring back those you lost, old bull.
-Dorbric likely headed to his doom along with other generals in Salria. A pity to lose such a fine silver stud wink. The revenge is a poison that haunts yet can never be exorcised if festered too long. Between Charybdis and Scylla.
Even if Gorthog had stayed dead, the old bull didn't get anything from killing him, yeah.
The old bull is really not feeling well ever since the fall of Lor.
Oh Lokar... you should have continued and listened to Inara instead of going back. Be careful, I'm not justifying what she did, but Lokar should have listened to her instead of closing in on his idea. One more loss that hurts me u u
RIP
I manage to make myself a unique ending from the last released chapter. Basically I completed the quest requirements, and after that Gorthog was died, because the completion of the quest does not mean, that everybody must stop fighting. Before the ending cinematic is triggered, Gorthog is died circa 1-2 seconds before it, and the "Main Quest Failed" appeared with the menu to restart or load. After that the cinematic started, and everybody is stayed still. Literally. Nobody even moved one bit. It was absolutely accident to make the outro look like this.
That is both interesting and hilarious at the same time. Gonna get that fixed in the next update.
The chapter was a very good twist, and even suprised me. I don't know how to prepare for this type of suprises, because I'm sure, I don't even expected to see this to happen. I'm shocked. The beastlord was.... raised as Moghtar. This True Story exclusive chapter are sure gonna suprise me and everyone here. That one camed from the thin air.
I take that as a success for the True Story exclusive then. :D
I thought Gorthog would have an epic battle with Dorbric, but Dorbric just killed Gorthog in the first cinematic and left just as fast. The mission description said that Dorbric had been waiting patiently, so did he scout beforehand, or did someone tip him off?
Maybe time will tell? :peasant-wink:
So Tregakh's magic is interesting. Brian can reap out a soul to leave the body (Shadow) behind, Aridon can reanimate a dead one then bind their mind/body to his, whileas Tregakh is just...rebuild someone completely, unbound body and mind, even if they're already dead but with an intact body. If there's no funny twist, then shouldn't Tregakh's power be the mildest one? Then again, I don't know about Zindrach.
Remember that Aridon created the Dark Elves (and Elves), Zindrach created the Demons and Bhaarizel created the shadow race.
Tregakh on the other hand did not create a race of his own. Ever.
Although, Tarm Luthran may get along with them.
He wouldn't but that is a story for another day. :peasant-wink:
I hope we won't fight them later. Their structures don't have the work animation, their models are pretty much the same, so I can't tell which buildings need to be shutted down during a siege.
When they become a race with a working base, they would of course receive models that have animations.
Luckily there are more than enough to choose from! :)
I also like the recruit mechanic, by killing one dude and keeping the other two dudes of each small group. The spellcasters are dangerous, but if I spare them, they'll join me. Kinda wish that Moghtar has a tier-3 unit to make this work in a high-risk-high-reward way better, instead of those meddling Darkborns.
That'd be too easy. ;)
she called him a coward, then proceeded to shoot Lokar in his back, then Wind Walk away from Gorthog? That's some hypocrisy right there.
What did you expect from an orc from the original Darkmind Clan? Those orcs are the most hypocritical of the bunch.
I bet that Inara abandoned Rath not because of growing a conscience, but because he refused her the chance to kill Greymoore.
Keeping him alive was better for her than fighting him.
Who do you think is more likely to kill an Orc chieftain in the eyes of a common Orc?
A fellow Orc who accompanied him and was trusted to an extend that they were to speak alone - or a horde of Moghtar? A race that they literally hate?
The final base of the moghtar doesn't change side after the warchief dies. Also, on the southeastern clan, a few moghtar didn't turn either despite being in the base. Maybe it's because these units were created (by the way, is it normal that the moghtar replace their dead units by making new ones ?)
Apparently a bug, gonna fix that for the next update.

Overall I am satisfied with this new chapter.
A few bugs still remain, some rebalancing tweaks but nothing extreme.
I am happy I could finally release it, it had been coming (though not teased in any way for obvious reasons) for a looooong time.

Level 26
I didn't know there were so many creatures at Gorthog's disposal. I don't think the ogre legion likes to see sand dragons as "pets".
I haven't found any dragons on this newly released chapter. What I did Wrong? I completed the side quest, so I had Murlocs on the Battlefield. But Sand Dragons? I don't even met any of them here!

Level 29
From a gameplay perspective, they're just optional map bosses with item drops.
From a lore perspective, they wouldn't just bow to another Moghtar without a fight first.
Ok, but then why didn't their bodyguards join us after we killed their leaders?
Remember that Aridon created the Dark Elves (and Elves), Zindrach created the Demons and Bhaarizel created the shadow race.
Tregakh on the other hand did not create a race of his own. Ever.
I knew it. So the question remains on what on earth did he use to create those creatures?!

I haven't found any dragons on this newly released chapter. What I did Wrong? I completed the side quest, so I had Murlocs on the Battlefield. But Sand Dragons? I don't even met any of them here!
They are among the beasts that Gorthog unleashed upon the last Moghtar base.

Level 19
Chapter 4 Act 8 review:
-At the end it wasn´t neither espionage race or the night elves, it was the draenei... unexpected.
-So we start with Gorthog dead, we already knew he died but he was brought back?
-Izzirar (or whatever the moghtar warlock name was) wasn´t really smart, yeah Gorthog is charismatic, can tame beast and is really strong, but he is an orc, AN ORC, of course he would take revenge on him as soon he arises.
-So the little dissidents group mechanic was neat, killing the raiders instead of the casters or range units to have a strong army composition.
-I attacked the left side base first, it was really easy but i had almost no more units after that one.
-The murlocs did see Gorthog´s new skin color but he is their main ally on the orc side so lets kill anything.
-Those darkbounds... i think they are made from demons.
-The last base was really really hard since the enemy rebuilds their army and we have no way to reinforce, also the lizards, wildkin and drakes are useful to distract. You can´t win the map unless you brought a gigantic army of moghtar and murlocs.
-I didn´t like Inara killing Lokar since we know pretty much nothing about him, he was attacked during rise of clans, then during the last chapter before the demons overrun them, then by redfist and finally here is killed by an assassin. Such a waste.
-Also i vaguely remember and AQT saying that the dominion allied with pigmen, murlocs and sand dragons among other AFTER the second void war, so perhaps those races are allies to Gorthog, then defeated and then reunited by the dominion.
-Indeed we couldn´t predict this chapter at all, we playing as moghtar, Gorthog´s change and the bulls pretty much out of the map, everyone thought about a all out battle between Gorthog and the pigmen vs Dorbric and the bulls, but this one is cool too.

-I am afraid that Dorbric might become another Redfist
He is tasked with killing all orcs, now that his revenge is over he can focus on killing everyone of the orcs, you could be right.

Anyway, I wonder what will happen to the Darkmind Remnants under Inara's command, the Ironthunder Remnants, and the Skullblade orcs who weren't aware of Gorthog's fate yet. Maybe Gorthog will be the one to beat racism, and accidentally help the human deal with Tregakh idk, but that has to wait until the next chapter.
You know, none of those clans have a proper leader anymore so they could join the goldaxe fellows and start the blackthorne.

THE BOAR REGIMENT ARE THE TRUE CULPRIT HERE!
It would be cool that the leader of the boar regiment is actually another dreadlord, Marogonin tries to change orcs lifestyle while Boar´s regiment leader (unless you count redfist and you should) try to hunt down the main threat of the kingdoms instead of the demons.

Not really, the warlock did it by taking knowledge (that he shouldn't have).
He also had to sacrifice four other Moghtar and most of his own life force. Plus he's dead now
and that knowledge died with him.
Yes but we know about a certain someone who is in Salria and can revive others.

He wouldn't but that is a story for another day. :peasant-wink:
So boars and bulls dont get along either.

I knew it. So the question remains on what on earth did he use to create those creatures?!
Since the orcs became the moghtar after receiving a "blessing" from the dark one and this ones seems to be their direct subordinades... i´m guessing demons or arkanians.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So boars and bulls dont get along either.
I was refering to this:
The Darkborn. I accidentally spoiled myself by 'testing' a few stuff in the Editor, but now that I finally face them in an actual map... Let's just say it was not fun fighting those broken Seers. Although, Tarm Luthran may get along with them.

Level 9
So, I finished the new chapter. One thing to note that is a bug: During the ending cinematic where Gorthog appears to confront Inara, a few hostile red team colored Moghtar orcs appear and they engange in combat with Gorthog and the rest of his accumulated forces, slightly bugging out the positioning of the units. That maybe was because I might have missed them from wherever the hell they were hiding. Regardless, a minor bug.

Now regarding my opinions on it. IMO I think that some more background as to how Gorthog got there, alone and Dorbric managed to find him before killing him would've been nice, but regardless it was nice shock value to literally have the first five seconds of the cinematic be "Die cunt". The Moghtar are Tregakh's corrupted alteration, huh? Interesting, would that make the Moghtar distant relatives of those Cthulhu wannabes? :prazz: Since they're made by the same avatar 'n all.

Turns out reviving someone that hates you is a bad idea, who would've thought!

Inara betraying Lokar is imo perfectly in her character and also predictable, but not in the bad way. I wish we could've had some more Lokar screen time, also I don't remember, when did the Ironthunder chieftain get killed?

I hope Gorthog at least TRIES to get in contact with his Orc brethren before instantly jumping to the conclusion that they wouldn't listen to him anymore (although that would be quite in character of the Rangul-regime orcs). But I overall love the direction his character is taking. Hail Gorthog, Beastlord of the Moghtar! xD

Gameplay-wise, I really liked the concept, although the map feels rather incredibly easy (at least on Normal difficulty, have yet to try it on Hard), once you get the hang of what you're supposed to do. I played this post-hotfix (I believe), so I don't know how hard it originally was to the others when they first played it, but the last base gave me no issues honestly. My tips however are as follows:

• Do not assault any of the enemy fortifications until you have found the Murlocs and have found all of the rogue Moghtar lying around.
  • If you find Moghtar rogue groups that have more then one unit type, kill the unit type that is weakest overall so you can get the stronger ones. Examples: (2 Grunts, 1 Raider, kill the Raider. 1 Grunt, 1 Raider, 1 Warlock, kill the Raider. Always kill the Raider if given the possibility, as they are IMO just a tiny bit better than base Raiders since they have better stats, but have Light armor instead of Medium.)
  • Whilst assaulting the enemy bases (except the Black one that only has Tregakh's followers in it), I don't recommend sitting around and fighting the entire force. You can simply kill a couple of the frontliners if the base's entrance is a chokepoint and then simply just rush the Warlord of the enemy base so you can get all of the Moghtar to join you and also to make the enemy towers neutral. (Firebolt from Warlocks and if you assaulted the Orange base, Chain Lightning from Necrolytes are your best friends)!
  • Regularly use the fountain of power/energy(?), as its not ever far away from your current position and having healthy units is always poggers.

Level 10
I would add that using Gorthog's summons as bait to have your hit squad (send them in the directionthe Warlord isn't, while going through the entry you want to use for your hit squad) reach the warlords without killing much if any of your future troops is also a must. It can get you a fairly massive horde by the time you're done with Orange and Brown.

Level 9
Come to think of it, you guys know what would be funny?

In the last base, give it a small percentage chance that instead of Wildkins and Lizards, Gorthog summoned the Dragon Regiment and the Koydoss Tribe instead.

Yes, I'm currently very high.
What would be even funnier is Gorthog using the Dragon Regiment against the Bull Regiment.

• Izziraz getting killed that way feels inconsistent. He is supposedly very old and knowledgeable (he's got knowledge from the Dark one) and he knows just how much the orcs hate the moghtar (he just had his entire fortress stormed by Rangul) so why did he assume that Gorthog would serve him ? Maybe he could have some sort of binding that would fail because of his exhaustion after the ritual or something like that...
Izziraz assumed Orcs are mentally okay people. He literally was like "Well, I did just bring you back from the dead". He couldn't fathom that Gorthog would get so furious at the fact that he isn't biologically an Orc anymore. Ig he just doesn't realize that Arkain's Orcs (at least the ones of the old regime), their entire culture is based around what makes an Orc, an Orc. (i.e RACE, behavior, accomplishments to the clans, which is why Nessi is considered a part of the Orcs by few, because she has contributed in a large amount to their accomplishments).

IMO think of Izziraz as discount Zairmak from IKEA. At least that's what I make of his character.

Last edited:
Level 11
Too bad Izziraz had to die. He seemed like a Moghtar orc with a potential of joining the Dominion. If nothing else, at least we could've obtained an extra hero, beside Moghtar Gorthog :D
I didn't like how Inara just decided to kill Lokar the way she did, but I guess it's not meant to have so many orc heroes, anyway. How would she explain to Lokar's clan about what happened to their leader and where did he go? Will they follow her to meet with the Dominion, or will they become seperated faction now, unlike in the Second Orc Book?
Next, I am curious to see whether Gorthog will succeed in recruiting the Pigmen of Salria. Also, the reaction of Amari and the rest of the Dominion to Gorthog's new look - will they accept him and his new Moghtar allies into their ranks, or will he rebel against the Dominion?

Level 29
I didn't like how Inara just decided to kill Lokar the way she did, but I guess it's not meant to have so many orc heroes, anyway. How would she explain to Lokar's clan about what happened to their leader and where did he go? Will they follow her to meet with the Dominion, or will they become seperated faction now, unlike in the Second Orc Book?
If there's something I have learned from playing this campaign is that most orcs, especially those from the Darkmind Clan, have a lot of difficulty in thinking on the long term.
I highly doubt that any orc from the Ironthunder clan will believe in whatever lie she may come up with. She was the only around when Lokar died, and she somehow escaped without any injury whatsoever. Not to mention that she went along back when Rath lied to them.
Next, I am curious to see whether Gorthog will succeed in recruiting the Pigmen of Salria. Also, the reaction of Amari and the rest of the Dominion to Gorthog's new look - will they accept him and his new Moghtar allies into their ranks, or will he rebel against the Dominion?
Amari might be more tolerant, but the fact that Gorthog was conspiring against her might make her want for get rid of him.

Level 27
Keeping him alive was better for her than fighting him.
Who do you think is more likely to kill an Orc chieftain in the eyes of a common Orc?
A fellow Orc who accompanied him and was trusted to an extend that they were to speak alone - or a horde of Moghtar? A race that they literally hate?

According to this, I think the Ironthunder will believe her is she spins the tale around and blame the (not-so-)innocent Moghtar under Gorthog's command. Maybe she'll blame Gorthog himself.

Level 27
I think it's "Lords of the Golden Guard", I'm not sure, though. In case I'm right, I wonder which race will change the Darkmind orcs that attack player's Golden Guard. Perhaps another demon camp led by a traitor veteran general Genethas?
According to my 'investigations', the rocks and the pond in the background is indeed from "Lords of the Golden Guard" so you're right. There are a few Farms just out of sight in the top right corner, so the Golden Guard's outer defense line is also still there.

I can't imagine all of these Heroes being playable though. Maybe they're all controlled by allied players, but since they look like they're representing their respective unit-types, maybe each attack wave will have one of them as a leader?

If the allies indeed get stronger, I'll try to win without Marin's Airships.