• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 26
I experinced in the new "The Legion" map the fact, that the Ogre Harpooner has almost the same icon, as the Ogre Mauler.
Here is my first try to make an icon for the Ogre Harpooner: BTN_Ogre_Hunter
This is my first ever Icon I made. Nothing much, I'm not an artist, hope you guys like it. I'm a buyer for constructive criticism.

Level 19
Well lets review the latest chapter, interlude and the new WIP (HOLY SHIT):

-This chapter is mostly the same, i expected Brockta to have some leadership boni since is his chapter. However Vanessa´s boni is way overpowered.
-Once you deal with one of the sides holding dragons, the rest are pretty easy, since we have both hex from rangul and the magi.
-Vanessa lying to convince Brockta to join the dominion was unexpected, however the salrian would have wiped out the ogres as soon as the centaurs were dealt.
-Rangul, you should apologize when you had the chance, she is your non-exiled daughter...

Interlude:
There is a lot to talk about,
-Aridon could really kill bryan right now? Both are way underpowered from the older times
-Also Bryan saving his and Gardon´s ass from the actual might of the undead was the smart choice, perhaps the undead are not renegade but i´m sure Pentiss is after talking to the lord of shadows.
-A trial, the orcs vs Aridon´s servants makes more sense than in the SOB, since Aridon wants to wipe out the orcs (and his alliance) he would send more than the bonelords and a couple of nexus, most of them are building their forces to fight the demons so sending 2-3 more regiments would have deal with the issue.
-Zed and Sindra, a little love during times of war without jewelry involved.
-I really expected seeing Thanok in dragon form too in that cave.
-There isn´t much difference during the talk with the dragon queen, they all agree and change to their zyaise armors.
-Ferdal is pretty much dead, i think he´ll die during the undead uprising saving Vail.

-Redfist is back baby, burning more orcs than ever. This time he really knew everything about Rangul´s family, both amari and sasrogarn way to die are... really cruel.
-Orgen killing Ephrog was unexpected, i expected another stormbolt by the high king himself.
-The bloodstones that helps redfist are done for, and Orgen too, a pity.
-Brockta´s I dare is as epic as ever but i think Redfist would kick his ass no doubt, since now he have the scepter of healing.
-Vanessa´s going to meet the Demon with a monocle 100%, i gotta say an alliance that involves humans, orcs, a lot of minor races, even a demon and you can count undead as summons i suppose is the most neutral faction in this universe.

And now the WIP:
-Finally the epic fight between Dorbric and the bulls against Gorthog with the beasts, Gorthog´s done so the next one in the line is Amari, i hope we can use or fight the pigmen (but they escape and join the alliance pretty much like the murlocs)
-Perhaps we are playing as undead in order to kill the remaining mogthar? It would be an easy and nice way to get more corpses for the bone legion before fighting the dominion. Either that or we are running from them as the mogthar (finally the Fifth playable race)

-Zarin you are a buffoon. The Bloodstone Dwarfs you will leave in Salria will die. You will join the Golden Guard that were fully prepared to leave the entire continent to die, lose and be forced to hide in the caves. And for what? Because your brother died while protecting a relic that an arrogant elven queen wanted for her collection?
The dwarfs wouldn´t join gardon either way, he´s allied with black dragons, their natural enemies.

I wonder if the Goldaxe's secret ruler will head to Salria in order to protect his subordinates.
His employees"

Unexpectedly, some Moghtar survived ! I wonder what they'll do now. We do't even know if they have any other strongholds. Maybe they'll even go after their Warchief for abandoning them (if they figure out that's what happened). Either way, they're probably part of one of the new maps (maybe it'll be the one where we recruit the pigmen) and maybe we'll learn what they are.
It would be cool that they were the equivalent to the demonlords behind trees, only undead and humans get that surprise (the race they hate the most) so the orcs could have some moghtar randomly appearing in their conquest of Salria just to piss them off.

-General Dorbric is here. If Rangul and Ephorg had been deal with, only ONE "old way" orc remains: Gorthog. Well I can expect that once the Pigmen were recruited, an ambush will happen.
Sasrogarn is still alive... right now.

Level 29
-Vanessa lying to convince Brockta to join the dominion was unexpected, however the salrian would have wiped out the ogres as soon as the centaurs were dealt.
True. Like I said in a previous reply, the humans can't even stand each other, much less other races that they deem as primitive and/or barbaric.
-Aridon could really kill bryan right now? Both are way underpowered from the older times
My guess is that Bhaarizel isn't complete. Aridon was wounded after Zindrach exploded, yes, but he remained intact. Bhaarizel apparently was left into pieces and one of said pieces fused with Lord Brian.
-Redfist is back baby, burning more orcs than ever. This time he really knew everything about Rangul´s family, both amari and sasrogarn way to die are... really cruel.
You know what they say. Know thy enemy.
And yes, what he intends to do to both of them would be way worse than what the orcs do. Volarian is not as cruel as the orcs, he's just as cruel as the demons!
The dwarfs wouldn´t join gardon either way, he´s allied with black dragons, their natural enemies.
He could have, at least, ensured that they would stay neutral.

Level 27
He can stay inside the base for moral support, and he can actually provide support fire for his allies, assuming that he can get someone to be his frontline meat shield.

Maybe Grofzag will be torn. He knows Sas is dumb, but at the same time, Sas doesn't deserve to die by his own sister's hands, especially when he's still grief-stricken after Rangul is dead.

Maybe Amari will beat Sas and his supporters, but she will let him go. However, on his retreat route, he encounters Dorbric (or worse, Bonelords) who is on his way to deal with the Skullblade, and is finished off.

Level 19
Off topic, but re-watching the end of act seven. It is hilarious to see Aridon have a full-blown mental breakdown over how blind he has been. Even the little bits of making Aridon constantly hover back and forth were hilarious to see.
At this point, I already saw how Shar Dundred embraced the fact of how much of an Asshole Aridon is now. I mean he tried to make him look cool and sensible during the first book era, but he'd also added some hints of his questionable decisions... So, in my opinion. His character was more flushed out in True Story compared to the old books thus making me not like Aridon as a major character anymore.
And add the fact that Brain telling his side of the story, making the question of who is the real traitor during their original fight.

Level 9
My guess is that Bhaarizel isn't complete. Aridon was wounded after Zindrach exploded, yes, but he remained intact. Bhaarizel apparently was left into pieces and one of said pieces fused with Lord Brian.
It'd be nice to see Brian/Bhaarizel regain some of their strength back, although I doubt it since Bhaarizel said that the piece Brian fused with was the only piece left. Though on the topic of the Fours, I think Aridon is probably the weakest out of the Four if they were all at full strength.

Since; Zindrach (defeated Tregakh 1v1)
Tregakh (defeated Bhaarizel 1v1 and almost killed him)
Bhaarizel/Aridon (probably Aridon for last place since he had to resort to backstabbing Zindrach to get his plan in motion, so he most likely knew he wouldn't win face-to-face).

Level 19
I'm intrigued by the mentioned master of Moghtar. Also would love to see more lore on them. Sweet baby Aridon, now I've to stop checking everyday for a new chapter and wait 2-3 months for more chapters to play xD
I feel your desire, mate. But trust in Shar and his team that they will deliver when the time is right, hopefully, though he releases the 3 new chapters he is teasing us!

What are the Pigmen Gimmick though, I want to see some playable Murloc during the Pigmen Mission.

Last edited:
Level 29
It'd be nice to see Brian/Bhaarizel regain some of their strength back, although I doubt it since Bhaarizel said that the piece Brian fused with was the only piece left. Though on the topic of the Fours, I think Aridon is probably the weakest out of the Four if they were all at full strength.

Since; Zindrach (defeated Tregakh 1v1)
Tregakh (defeated Bhaarizel 1v1 and almost killed him)
Bhaarizel/Aridon (probably Aridon for last place since he had to resort to backstabbing Zindrach to get his plan in motion, so he most likely knew he wouldn't win face-to-face).
I think that the Four were never meant to be equal in terms of raw power. Zindrach was clearly the most powerful physically, and I think Aridon was either the smartest or the most skilled in terms of magic.

Level 27
Speaking of new maps, I wonder if there's anyway to include Dragon Turtles, Snap Dragons Lizard Spitters, and Naga Royal Guard Murloc Juggernauts into the Dominion's techtree without being too broken, since they're some of my favorite vanilla units.

Level 9
Speaking of new maps, I wonder if there's anyway to include Dragon Turtles, Snap Dragons Lizard Spitters, and Naga Royal Guard Murloc Juggernauts into the Dominion's techtree without being too broken, since they're some of my favorite vanilla units.
Probably if Shar decides to make another naval oriented mission with the Skullblade Clan again, like how A Fresh Breeze grants you Tamed Sea Giants and Lizard Spitters only for that mission if you play as the orcs.

Level 19
He could have, at least, ensured that they would stay neutral.
Neutral when all the continent fights and your mortal enemies are in the winning side? Not a brilliant idea, but having all your people fight and die isn´t good either so they were in bad position anyway.

Someone get a fire extinguisher, because Sasrogarn is burning right now!
You mean more fire!!

Lets edit since Shar made a new post:

So vannesa is not a member of the goldaxe YET, that means she is going to the goldaxe instead to the cliffhunter clan or going back to deathbreeze, makes sense since his uncle Hortnog is there.

About the little surprise... The undead really are thinking about betraying Aridon if they could, both pentiss and the dark elves + Kazardius and the zyainor remnants want to follow their own will instead of the divine one. Since Kazardius don´t have a short story that could mean he dies along with the bonelords... perhaps even saving Vail´s life during the undead uprising.

Last edited:
Level 29
Rewatched the cinematic:
-Sorry for pointing this out only now, but I find it weird that Redfist was already wearing that red armor all those years ago. He was a minor noble, and yet he has some cool-looking armor that fits to someone leading an elite army. His armor even looks more amazing than van Durce's!
-I don't think Aridon lied about the royal lineage of Zyainor surviving. I think that he wasn't aware of it. As powerful and knowledgeable Aridon may be, he isn't neither omniscient nor omnipresent. No matter how hard he pretends to be. He was probably more concerned about Zyainor falling apart, which would force him to change his plans to keep balance in Arkain, than the possibility of the royal lineage enduring.

Grammar mistake
"burried" --> "buried"

Level 17
Little review about the update:
  • Nice! Now feels so good to use a lot of ogres to crush those moghtar scum.
  • I already said this but: Scepter of healing... DON'T LEAVE US!

- It seems the Splecir nexus is going to suffer a big change. What Kazardius and his fellow specters will do? According to him, he can't betray Aridon.

Now I'm curious of what will happen in the future missions.

Level 19
To review the new changes that have been implemented for both Legion and the Interlude.

The Legion:
Finally, a leadership Boni that matches my play style! Brockta's leadership bonus shows the true strength of the OGRE Legion! A group of Ogres is expensive, but they can overpower groups of weak enemies. Maulers and Overlords Decimates groups with Pulverized and Ogre Magis and Warlocks just make them even more stupidly overpowered with both Roar and Unholy Frenzy (which is negated by Ranguls Scepter of healing or Witch doctors Healing Wards)!
The Filthy Moghtar didn't stand a chance at the newly released/ fixed Leadership Boni. It's a shame that it's canon that most of them escaped from the initial Onslaught... I hope I can get to use the Bonelords completely wiped them all out. They serve the Dark one and I can't have that within the Dominion.

Vanessa's Nerf has forced me to grab a second base in order to maintain my economy. A shame that this was implemented and I would like to ask questions about it, but the decision was already made and I would not dare to question the balance, not just yet.

Last the Interlude:
Kazzardius... Oh, Kazzardius... I knew this will happen eventually. An Old dead general of Zyianor and his followers having a conflict between serving their nation or serving the will of a Master, who gave them a second chance, but lied to them about the truth. I have a feeling that this old Ghost General will oppose his master's will and commit something that is against the Undead Master's will. Kazzardius and his followers will greatly pay for it, but it will all not be in vain. For I believe his sacrifice will serve as the foundation to bring back the nation of Zyianor...

The Kingdoms, when you study human civilization closely, are already corrupted fools that cling to power... Zyianor in time will also succumb to this corrupt cycle. But what a story without a hint of Darkness, Shadows, and Death?...

My offer has been rejected...
Do I feel sad? Yes, but a little.
Am I angry about it? Not, at all, for rejection is a part of the cycle of life and one must learn to accept it gracefully.
But, Know this @Shar Dundred, Master of Arkain:
I will remain in this community,
I will observe the storyline, and will always be vigilant for any... errors I will encounter.
And I will lead your armies to victory until the TRUE ENDING to this legendary work.

At least I am with my Ogre Legion.
Cheers! To Legends of Arkain!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
It is a name from the demo days of the Second Orc Book - pretty old stuff.
The name was used for King Salran of Salria in the Bonelords mission of the Second Orc Book.
He was then renamed to King Salran (the correct name) since that was an oversight of mine.
Those who still remember the falsely named king (I doubt there are many as it wasn't a thing
for very long) will finally learn what that was all about.

Level 19
Overview of the latest Release: The Armies of Bones

1. The other Salran royal family:
So the Arrogant king of Salria has kids, huh? It's funny that most of them are innocent and pure, compared to their father who started a stupid war against the centaurs that have no quarrel with them in the first place.
The prince has potential Magical Arcane talents and a feeble dream to unite all orders. Now he is dead, short-lived, his bones shall serve the Master of Bones.
The Princess was eh, the typical princess stereotype you always see in fantasy novels. Moving along
The twin also eh, they are kids but serve as a plot device to test if the Bone Lords still have a heart to spare the innocent, and yet... nothing escapes from the grasp of the Army of Bones.

Then you have King Salran's twin brother, Kelob. A selfless man who loves and supports his family, even willing to give up the throne for his selfish twin brother. I prefer him as king if you are asking me. He also rules and watches over the order of Arcane, which is now in ruins. I wonder if his bones will serve the bone lords?
Now his son the Second Prince, Rastan, inherited his father's traits. Being selfless and supportive to his family, yet all his efforts were in vain for the Armies of Bones has to come to their doors.

2. The Scarec Nexus and the Bone Lords:
The time has come for the Sarec Nexus once again. Here we see them on their crusade to purge all living being from their flesh and their victims were the Salrian Royal family, but their ultimate goal is to kill all orcs, which they will fail in the True story (But I assumed that the Bones Lords during the 2nd Undead book has managed to wipe out the Tribal Dominion to Aridon's twisted pleasure.).

Each Bone Lord though has their unique gimmick even though they have the same reused model and sound set.
Kasresh: The Burst Healing Tank
Rogthil: The Burst Damage, debuffing, Illusions Master.
Sa'thar: The Master of skills and the brains of the group.
This chapter is the perfect example of how much power the Bone Lords possess and how much of a threat they are. But alas, they won't be when the Dominion inevitably crushes them.
Still this a good example of what were the Bone Lords doing while the other factions have their affairs to attend to.

3.) Army Units:

Humans: The Order of Arcane (No not the Story Title itself, Lenard, you dimwit. I mean the magical order! Yes there is a difference! Look at the spelling! Blind bat...)
Their Mages were a pain to deal with, spamming star rain and then you got their leader who has Starfall. Good thing @Shar Dundred has given us Sa'thar silence ability if you know when to use it.

Undead: The ARMIES OF BONES

Shieldgaurds: Cool front liners with a shield that reduces Magic and Speel. Good against those shitty wizards, but take not they are not invincible.
Poachers: Just your typical Range units Moving along.
Annihilator: Your big buffed beefy boy that will hold the front. Having bash, a good counter to those channeling spells.
Skeleton BattleMaster: Just a beef boy. I though they had Critical Strike? I mean their Second Orc book counter parts have it, why remove it here?
Skeletal Marks man: Have them in a group and watch your enemies getting stun locked.

Spell casters of the Armies of bones:

Plaugebringers: Bringing diseases to the realm and turning their enemy's corpses into bones. Disease clouds is an eh ability, but they help the units to dish out the needed damage, which pairs well with the parasite ability, which spawns a lil skeleton. Then you got their Plauge cloud, which is good on chocks. They are weak alone but in groups and having support from their 3 Bone Lords they are deadly.

SkullMancer: They are the main spell support casters for the Scarec Nexus. It can help your unit tank better, with spirit link. The ability to stun priority targets, thus stunning that pesky Grand Master that knows Starfall. Then you got a weaker version of silence. An overall good disruption unit.

Lastly my favorite Spell caster - BoneMender: Even bones need healing. And the source of their healing (What?! Dang it Lenard it's not MILK! ITS MAGIC! DO YOU THINK MILK HAS MAGIC IN THEM? No, you idiot! That's called science!) Ugh, anyways
They have the rights to abolish negative or positive buffs from both allies and foes. Useful during my fight against the order of Arkain, who has slow.
Then you got Mend, a faster version of Death Coil
Lastly, their most broken ability is Soul Armor! Granting additional armor to your units is nuts! Then pair that with Spirit links and some any source healing and then you got an unstoppable Army of skeletons.

Conclusion:
The ending was expected. The Children of the arrogant king, Salran, did not survive the wrath of the Bone Lords. I dunno if the children have joined the Scarec crusade, but it only proves that Bonelords have no heart for the flesh. Which is their character, they are crazed fanatics, who are blind to their doctrines.
This crusade of theirs makes me wonder though. Is the order of Arcane gone or do they still have members out there in the field?
And I wonder how would King Salran react to this news when he hears about his children dead or turned into bones? Only time will tell...

"It is only a matter of time Before the great battle of Dominion vs Bones shall begin... But, the Chapter of the Boars vs Bulls must happen first"

Note: Just a friendly reminder @Shar Dundred. You still haven't fixed the Hot Key issue back in the Horse and Rider. Hope to see it fixed by the next update. Cheers!

Last edited:
Level 17
New mission completed.
  • I was already wondering who would be the relatives of the king of Salria. I must admit that I like his brother and his own son more, you can tell they were good people... they were...
  • At last these trio of monsters made an appearance. I would feel great pity for the forces of Salria, but the less resistance the kingdom has, the better.
  • It seems that there were remnants of a certain order in the area. Exploring I got a big surprise when I saw that they were guarding some graves. I thought that by taking the Bonelords there they would bring back a certain "old acquaintance" of a ranger.
  • As I was advancing, I was imagining the desperation of each soldier when seeing those three with legions of skeletons. It was a losing battle from the start.
  • The final part... I already imagined nothing good was going to happen, but now after seeing how evil the Bonelord are, it motivates me even more to annihilate them completely when the turn of Tribal Dominion comes. No bone will remain intact!

A crazy theory of what would happen to the Order of the arcane came to me:
- Some survivors remain in the area after the imperial regiments and King Salran's forces were defeated. Seeing the orcs and their allies fight the Bonelord and manage to defeat them, the remnants of the order decide to voluntarily join Amari and the others (With some intervention from Vanessa and perhaps Logan if he ends up joining the Dominion, which I hope TwT)

Great mission, team Arkain.

Last edited:
Level 6
  • A relaxing mission in Arkain? More likely than you'd think!
  • The dissonance between the cheerful scene at the beginning cinematic and the vanilla Undead music playing in the background made me chuckle a little bit.
  • King Kelob's position in Salria reminded me of the cloistered emperors of the medieval Japan. Alas, his taste for warfare and statecraft is left unexplored as he happened to cross the wrong bones.
  • The gameplay is very smooth and it is pretty much impossible to lose unless you, like, I don't know, send the Bonelords to assault the final base all by themselves. The diversity of hero's abilities and a whole field to experiment with them, however, make it for a very engaging 30-minutes steamroll, especially if played after the stressful last mission.
  • Just as Salria lost its chief military commander to Ms. Redfist's temper, now it proceeded to lose her whole line of succession in what essentially amounts to a slight border conflict (at least from the Undead point of view). The war with the Dominion has just barely started, and Salria's leadership (as well as its prospects) is already half-way decapitated.
  • On my end, the Prince had its idle animation active in the final cinematic, drinking from his bottle right as he is fatally wounded in front of the Bonelords, which made the scene's mood a little bit awkward.

Level 16
That was a pleasant surprise:
-Ah, the happy tender moments of family clouded by theme of undead at the start... never thought it would turn into an omen of doom.
-The 40 min of steamrolling... was breathtaking and the powers of Bonelords synergize well. I wonder when Arnos and Dornos will make appearance? Will they participate in Risen Resistance? Sa'thar's silence was most handy along with spammable finger of pain and low cd army of bones... if managed well, they can obliterate last base. And, forgot how aesthetic the diamond of summoning's effect was. Just imagine the despair and terror among Salrians with green mist dispelling its bosom and unveiling unalived relicts of bone unnaturally alive and sinister...
-Me too also expected some new skele-f(r)iends to rise from graves near Order of the Bleeding's remnants... I wonder, if there is skeleton archmage model... would be cool to see skeleton grandmaster of Order of Arcane with his skele-steed. Also, arcana guards should've mana shield to complement 'em.
-Here I thought mbe someone like Rahandir appearing and telling Bonelords they are to spare Salrian nobles on order of Aridon (like what happened to Renova's twins), so they can be used in the future to destablize Dominion in Salria much like what the twins and Salana in the future would do. Bonelords being able to recognize goodness and skills of Prince... perhaps their echo of mortal lives where they were once Arkainian priests? They too were once noble, I take? Yet undeath taints and hopes of mortality is replaced with gloom of afterlife and morality wilts. Too bad bones have no hearts, and even the children were indeed plot-device to shew monstrosity of Scarec nexus. (But well, your bones will be crushed to powder, sadly.) Mbe the Prince becomes champion of Scarec nexus? And, perhaps, we might see child skeletons and woman skeleton (very much named and officially so) in the future. Skeletal Princess having voice of dark ranger and perhaps unlocking her true potential in undeath would be nc development instead of her stereotypical damsel-in-distress she enjoyed in life. Mbe after Bonelords die, it would leave power vacuum for Scarec nexus and perhaps Arnos and Dornos would be next in line, or the nexus would fragment more if Prince also had his own agenda to liberate Salria (let's say he is raised and survives Dominion). So, in relation to latest addition to interlude, the undead is bound to be more fragmented than ever: Kazardius & Zyainor specters of Splecir, Pentiss & Dark Elves, and mbe Scarec Nexus with former fanatic leaders eliminated but replaced with new ones... that adds to suspense... Perhaps, they can embrace teachings and succor of certain Shadow Lord... Another masterpice, Team! 😍

Level 27
Others had already said what I had to say, so I won't add much. It's nice that my prediction from like half a year ago about a mission where the Bonelords deal with the Humans on their way to Amari actually became a real mission. A shame that a few children had to sacrificed as plot devices to emphasize the Scarec's singlemindedness, but it is what it is.

I guess Rastan will be raised as a Scarec lieutenant like The Unyielding or The Bastion but more on the magical side (ranged attack, Spell Steal, Feedback, etc). He died protecting his family, and although in vain, his Order shall remember him as the Legend of Arcane. I've waited for so long to make this pun.

Level 12
The Bonelords seems like nice heroes and most have been said already. A hollow victory for the Undead.
A smarter Aridon would've deployed the Dark Elves here first and convinced the Redfist that they turned to necromancy aftter losing so many innocents to those horrible orcs. The flaws of Aridon truly drive the undead story.

Ties into the biggest character flaw for the enemies of the Dominion have in Salria.
They have problems working together and keep on pissing off more people so the Dominion can chrush them and keep on adding new recruits to their ranks.

Level 24
WLP8Qq.gif

TPaROI.gif

... I can't put it more clearly.

Level 9
WLP8Qq.gif

TPaROI.gif

... I can't put it more clearly.
POV: The Bonelords pulled up to teach you the ways of the crusade.

Regarding the mission itself, tis was nice! Although I think that Sa'thar's (i think thats his name) summon skeleton ability should have its cooldown increased, its a bit too low and feels rather too overpowered, even for the bonelords, at its current cooldown. Also, what's up with that bleeding remnants order hiding in the corner of the map?

Last edited:
Level 6
Bonelords' entrances are cool. Cool to see Dominion taking on these spooky bois. As usual, human are the punching bag of everyone in Arkain. Literally everyone in Arkain shit on them lol
Though I don't think these edgy bone bois would survive against the dominions though.
I really hope Amari won't just beat these undead with her Power of Friendship though. This is my biggest fear. Bonelords being hyped as super badass evil only to fell prey to orc's plot armor as the latter will surely come out unscathed.

I like Brockta's legions though. Ogres are being depicted as cool bros and badass here. I am a fan of it.

About impending betrayal of undead to Ironfist, I hope Gardon just won't take L as he did in second human book.
This Gardon guy is literal Tywin Lannister of Arkain. He won't simply be convinced undeads are now their friends and let himself be backstabbed by them.

Level 27
Though I don't think these edgy bone bois would survive against the dominions though.
I really hope Amari won't just beat these undead with her Power of Friendship though. This is my biggest fear. Bonelords being hyped as super badass evil only to fell prey to orc's plot armor as the latter will surely come out unscathed.
Amari is more like Power of Friendship, Violence, and Shadow Magic. The Dominion will come out on top for sure, but I'm sure more than a few top dogs will die.

About impending betrayal of undead to Ironfist, I hope Gardon just won't take L as he did in second human book.
This Gardon guy is literal Tywin Lannister of Arkain. He won't simply be convinced undeads are now their friends and let himself be backstabbed by them.
The Seabright tale pretty much confirmed it though. But maybe, the events will turn out slightly different this time around. About Gardon's situation, I think I can sum it up with Kerrigan's quote from SC1: "They're siding with the evil they know over the evil they don't... They simply don't yet realize what it will cost them."

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You're posing now but without me having told you, you didn't even have found that lil "secret" place. :p
Where I can find some history about this order? Because I totally missed it, I'm sure. (I found the survivors, but I do not know what is this, or what are they)
It is a reference to Aaron's faction - the name was only used in the First Human Book.
While still canon, Genethas killed them off off-screen.

Level 29
I finally had time to play the new chapter:
-A shame that Kelob and Rastan are merely guarding their nephews/cousins rather than ruling. These two seem not only competent, but caring.
-Why did the Bone Lords had to go through this way in order to reach Salria? Haven't Krom and Meya previously occupied a Golden Guard fortress that protected Salria's borders?
-Pity that the Order of the Bleeding Remnants only appears in this mission and probably won't be mentioned again. Also, it's a shame that we receive nothing for defeating them.
-Damn, by killing those three generals, the Bone Lords get 1500 HP. That made them even more unstoppable.
-I felt more connected for these 6 new characters in this chapter than some of the characters that appeared in more than one. Rath, Lerrig, Sasrogarn, Retka among others come to mind.
-Why did they have to attack these Salrians? These guys are against the same Orcs that they want dead!
-The last part shows the sheer lack of vision in the Scarec Nexus. They simply want to kill all flesh and were sent by Aridon to deal with the orcs. Do you know what they could have done? Kill the royal family and ask the Rohir Nexus to spread rumors that the orcs and their allies have commited such act. This would simply further everyone's hatred towards the orcs, and make their job easier.
-Overall, this mission was very easy. Even without the Bone Lords, those skeleton units can overrun the Salrian forces most of the time. And with the Bone Lords aiding, the undead are a nigh unstoppable wave.
-After seeing just how OP the Bone Lords and the Scarec Nexus are, the only way the orcs will survive will be through Plot Armor and/or Deus Ex Machina.

Level 27
-Why did they have to attack these Salrians? These guys are against the same Orcs that they want dead!
I think that the Bonelords deem the Salrians a failure because they let the Orcs into their land in the first place, and because they have flesh.

-The last part shows the sheer lack of vision in the Scarec Nexus. They simply want to kill all flesh and were sent by Aridon to deal with the orcs. Do you know what they could have done?
I think it's true to their dogma that they act this way, since they're supposed to be extremely zealous. Also, as part of the deal with Brian, Aridon can only send the Bonelords. If Meya and Krom were there like in Hunter and Prey to hold the Scarec's rein, everything will be much better in the long term for the Undead.

-Pity that the Order of the Bleeding Remnants only appears in this mission and probably won't be mentioned again.
I'd like to think that Genethas seized most of the valuables, after wiping them out. Maybe they're picking a good spot to mourn their allies' death and to rebuild the Order, but well, Scarec happened. Just major luck issue.

Level 26
everything will be much better in the long term for the Undead.
I almost called upon you a crusade, because you writed that down here. I don't like Aridon and the whole undead faction, but there is not much to be discussed with this for me.
-Overall, this mission was very easy. Even without the Bone Lords, those skeleton units can overrun the Salrian forces most of the time. And with the Bone Lords aiding, the undead are a nigh unstoppable wave.
I'm very suspicious about the relaxed way of this mission with the Bonelords. Something... Somethings is happening. Lurking in the shadows... Be ready everybody. I ain't give a chance for them to scare me. I giving them a chance to reveal themselves.

Level 17
-The last part shows the sheer lack of vision in the Scarec Nexus. They simply want to kill all flesh and were sent by Aridon to deal with the orcs. Do you know what they could have done? Kill the royal family and ask the Rohir Nexus to spread rumors that the orcs and their allies have commited such act. This would simply further everyone's hatred towards the orcs, and make their job easier.
The skeletons are nothing but fanatics.
In "Hunter and prey" we saw who much issues they have for working with the Rohir nexus, a nexus with "flesh" undead. Kazardius NEEDS to be there along with Krom to keep everything on check.
Also, in one of the Tales focused in the undead, one of the Scarec crusaders WANTS to attack the Ejara nexus representative, just because it still has flesh, and for the doctrine of slave the living rather that kill them all.

I wonder the reaction of these zealots when the Bonelords were kill by the orcs.

Last edited: