1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by LickMyEyeBall, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cora gonna ride them tidal waves really really HIGH.

@KingSlender

Not trying to ruin your vibe or something but...Arkain tends to be a rather unpredictable when involving the fate of core characters then again,If i had to give my guess they all three will go towards their own ways Cora will probably be used by the undeads as a spy,the very same way they use Lord Margazar,Aedale...Hell i dont even know what its gonna happened to her she is one of the characters that has gone through Up and Downs alot you never know what else she might pull off.

As for the third sister the psychic one we dont know that much...To actually speculate what she might do.

Edit:All three of them seem to have potential to achieve greatness but lack the iron will to do so...If i had to take a hunch...They might end up as pawns to their respective masters and that will be it but then again all three of em are Redfist's daughters so you never know.Their half-sister seems to be the wisest one despite being raised by a bunch of Barbarians(Sadly her presence isnt as huge in the second orc book :/ )

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Redfist is one unlucky father.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aedale is one unlucky daughter.

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aedale
    Cora
    Orie
    Vanessa

^The daughters of the #BestDadOfAllTimesPapaRedfist

They're gonna miss him.

5. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Orie will... for some reason. She must have been his favorite.

6. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whats this blasphemy?Papa Redfist loved each and everyone of his kids he surely wouldent play favorites with his own kids would he?:peasant-rolling-eyes:

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking. Of course Redfist is the best example of fatherly love.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Poor Redfisto, no bois to spread the name forth.

9. KingSlender

KingSlender

Resources:
    Resources:
    can we have a dedicated story about how amazing papa redfist is?

10. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shar Splendid Work i am impressed At how it looks
    My oppinion on chapter is :
    - Its difficulty could be a bit harder
    - U can Lower gold in Gold mine its un nessecary
    - A bit more HP on ornasion he easily dies first
    - Icebreaker or whatever the name they are usless as frontline they die in a sec
    Well that was my oppinion on chapter
    Anyway it was splendid work as always Shar and Kasa.

11. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that Ornassion even in death cant seem to escape from politics?
    Also i find it equally funny that Oranssion,which i am assuming like Rahandir posses a free will, and its a demon and demons always aspire to be at the top,its paired up with a Nerubian whose sole purpose its to be nothing more than a slave.

I am loving the fact that we will have politics EVEN on the undead book,i am a sucker for scheming and plotting.

While totally okay with the vanilla kit of the Crypt Lord,after all(lore wise) he is nothing but a slave and isn't supposed to be special in any way I am kinda dissapointed on Oranssion's skill set.(Ofc this might be subject to change so lets hope it does)

12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Poor guy...

I don't think Ornassion has complete free will. Even if he holds a bloodthirsty grudge towards the other demons, he may still hold towards Aridon as well. The reason he seems obedient is because his hatred towards his former kin eclipses all the rest.

I kind of agree. Ornassion should be brute strength. While a Command Aura seems ok lore-wise since he was a commander of a brute-like legion, and Rain of Fire is acceptable, Death Pact doesn't seem fitting. Ornassion doesn't seem the type that will resort to kill others in order to stay alive, especially after he was betrayed by his own brethren.

13. KingSlender

KingSlender

Resources:
    Resources:
    as long as you give me a troop with war aura. then i'm fine

14. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I kinda bassed this thought on the trailer and what the Cryptlord said to him ofc i might be over reaching!

For one id love Ornassion and Crypt lord get more screentime together they seem like a unlikely duo but i kinda like em working together.

15. trycex

trycex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter 1 or 2 spoilers
    Ornassion: Finally as an undead, i will never deal with politics nonsenses
    Aridon: A btw, your first mission will be resolving a political problem in a dark elf cat fight
    Ornassion: dammit!

I disagree, Ornasion dont need rain of fire, because waste the critical hit of his orb. And death pact can save him but in this level you can only sacrifice the beettle or the skeletal minion.

I feel Ornasion too squishy, maybe the slasher do good dps, but the "Destroyer's armor" is immolation cape, where is my armor?

BTW, starfall top tier spell

16. Kasrkin

Kasrkin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The chapter is a standalone, so you don't have the items and possible tomes you would normally have by three. So they can have a tendency to die fast.

They're not meant for frontline work, merely support just like the Greywolves or other unit leader variations. Combine their vampiric aura with the obsidian statue heal and your armies will be living for a while.... no joke intended. I'd say only have one or two.

And you have no idea how happy it makes me to see someone else ask for the difficulty to be increased.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
  17. Mvicio

Mvicio

Resources:
    Resources:
    The chapter was really fun:
    Pros.
    -Sister Pentiss set reminds me of grella, a really strong hero with an decisive aura
    -Finally playing as Ornasion was worth it, command aura+flamestrike makes him a monster of AOE, aswell as dark pact for survival
    -I didnt expected the crypt Lord to have those skills, at least i hoped he had carrion swarm as well.
    -Iceguard are like greywolfs/lituenant, having just 1 for aura is enough
    -Having the Bone army reinforce you was unexpected, i thought that the splicer nexus was going to help us, or even ejara nexus with living nerubians so the dark elves can trust Pentiss "Pets".

Cons.
    -I hate lashers, they are too weak, even weaker than grunts and they share the same upgrade, i had to end the game with skeletons + nerubian elves/Necromancers
    -Tiny corridors, like in Second mission of SOB, i know we are underground but the passages were too small even for that

Basically was a great mission as a first try of an undead faction+Hero, looking for to play as the Bonelords or at least as the bone army.

18. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No comment.
    Arkain politics - delightful, am I rite?!

Flame Strike is more effective for Ornasion because it allows him to back to get back into punching
    range. Death Pact was deemed fitting because while he was stabbed in the back, he was a powerful
    demon in life. Those tend to sacrifice their forces to sustain their own plans - this has been made
    quite literal in this case.
    Don't consider Death Pact as a betrayal, consider it as a tool (an undead creature) being used to
    prolong the life of the more powerful being, allowing it to succeed.
    Gameplaywise, it further helps Ornasion to stay alive while in the midst of combat.
    Of course, in this particular chapter, the usefulness of that spell is limited because you are using many
    units that cannot be sacrificed, but that's not going to be a common issue of course.
    His ultimate will drastically increase his power when fighting single entities, but of course that is
    not available yet. :)

I do not plan to change his skillset currently, I think it is good the way it is now.
    I may adjust the items & non-hero abilities though.
    Ornasion's armor is probably going to be tweaked i. e.

Gameplaywise they have things common, characterwise... not so much. :peasant-grin:
    They are cheaper than grunts though. It is of course never wrong to add some other units into the mix though.

19. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred

Yeah his deathpact makes sens for a Dreadlord but isn't Ornassion portrayed as the odd sheep of the bunch,his flame strike and finger of death spells would fit much more of a backliner while Ornassion is a tank ingame and is portrayed as a demon leader that prefered the Frontlines to the politics not to mention his Orb makes him a auto attacker while his kit its more of a caster.

Then again he was smart enough to seize the controll of his legion whith one move.

As for "its to easy" it needs to be more difficult id advise you make a special copy where the spawn rate of enemy troops matches that of the vermin from SHB and give it to both Kaskrin and the other dude maybe that might sate their appetite for suffering.
    It was a tad bit on the easier side once you get the hang of things and know where to focus but i dont feel like it needs to be more difficult.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Him being different/more blunt than other Dreadlords doesn't mean that he is above sacrificing
    troops to prolong his life. ;)