• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 27
The new Van Durce.png

Forgot to ask earlier, but I notice that Kenos is also here. Did he survive being fingered by Zairmak, or did he actually die, then somehow revived?

Level 27
I really liked this interaction between Gardon and Larine. Now, I'm sure you have noticed, but let me just say it: I'm a big Garine shipper, and them having this little meeting sets up their future story so well!
This is great and all since they both are likable, but hear me out: Gardon x Merlon

Which character i can ship with Sasrogarn i wonder
Grofzag, maybe?

He can show Sas his "Aspect of Earth" if you catch my drift.

Or Genethas, since they have a few things in common: are useless in their respective faction and are about to die.

Level 29
This is great and all since they both are likable, but hear me out: Gardon x Merlon
The ultimate ship.
Or Genethas, since they have a few things in common: are useless in their respective faction and are about to die.
Genethas is not useless. He managed to make the Demons' invasion a lot easier, and the Imperials only became 100% certain of his betrayal when he pretty much admitted it.

So yeah, Sas is even worse than Genethas.

I'm really curious how Rath avenge arc could fit with current situation Blen and Hamos.
I bet he's going to burn every town and castle until he finds Blen.

"WHERE IS GREYMOORE?!!" Rath yells out in the middle of a burning castle, surrounded by corpses.
"He was not here, chieftain"
"To the next castle, boys!"

Level 27
Genethas is not useless. He managed to make the Demons' invasion a lot easier, and the Imperials only became 100% certain of his betrayal when he pretty much admitted it.

So yeah, Sas is even worse than Genethas
Forgot to make my point clear there. What I meant to say is that he's useful to the Demons, but useless to his own race, which are the Humans.

The ultimate ship.
Also, I'm glad that you're agree. I'll think of more 'blessed' ships in the near future.

On an unrelated note, I feel like van Durce's entrance during the Interlude is not bombastic enough, and that he should have a dope religious track to accompany him, like this one, perhaps?

Last edited:
Level 29
I hope Rath manage to kill some important or semi-important human characters before get roasted.
Honestly, I kind of wish he doesn't.
Simply to show that his desire to burn and kill everything was pointless and it led to anything except the death of both him and everyone crazy enough to follow him.

Level 12
But these dead orc women and children should be avenged.
Duke Redfist get his revenge on Rangul for example.
For me it would be cool if Rath kill Commander Darkfang or something like that.

Level 19
Interlude:
-Aveen talking more than Dorbric, what a time to be alive.
-There was at least 6 named golden guard characters, being most of them captains. That´s good, the golden guard never had many characters like the ironfist.
-Well, Harmos is accused of treason and then his order are full of demon slaves... Ironic.
-Dorten was mad at Van Durce, but not because his words but because he destroyed his throne room with his hammer. Now i get why Van durce have a super architect next to him.
-Now that Greymoore is going to be executed i wonder about Rath too, he won´t join the dominion but he´ll probably die while fighting some important human character, maybe dorbric or Aveen.
-I hoped on seeing Retka there, like other noble or general from the kingdoms (like Tornash and Whitefield), either him or his sister.

Apparently he can resurrect himself, similar to a Phoenix or a lich.
I think Zairmak has a similar type of magic. To increase his longevity or something.

From Darkmind clan.
Since Rath never find out what happened in the orc islands.
Nor he would care, he is busy chasing Greymoore to get his revenge.

Level 16

Grofzag, maybe?

He can show Sas his "Aspect of Earth" if you catch my drift.

I imagine Gardon to be bottom XD. Grofzag is perf in every sense, and Sas is lucky to have that hunk.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 20
I hope Rath manage to kill some important or semi-important human characters before get roasted.
The only thing rath will kill its the hope of the dark mind clan to return. Because the moron pretty much put it into the grave with his actions. I guess this must be a right of passage between Darkmind chieftains, once one of them takes command of clan they lose every rational thought and end up getting their clansmen killed and scream "Imperial SCUMS".

It never gets old seeing Van durce is just as pissed as he was back then. Sporting new Drip as well.

Also considering the often brutal and vindictive nature of Gardon he is quite charming on the way he carries himself around non-drones whose brains he has turned into mush.
@LISBOAH
Considering the Whitefield irony. Whitefield himself said he obeys orders even if he does not like them, and if we are to take in consideration the second human book (which isn't cannon anymore) his exchange with Gardon during Retka's rebellion was pretty tame. Gardon was not screaming at him "Traitor scum" but simply lamented the fact he had to kill him, a general who's family had always served the empire with distinction. Whitefield had his orders, not from Retka but from Van Durce, because after all it was Van Durce who supported Retka and send him to kill Gardon, so in theory Whitefield died serving the orders of the emperor.

Level 29
Get ready gentlemen, we're showing off the new look.
View attachment 396384

Gardon telepathically: We have got to ensure that not a single one of these guys reach the outpost alive.
Merlon also telepathically: I don't know, isn't that a bit extreme? Can't we convince them-
Golden Guard soldier: You two stop lazing around. We have a mission to fulfill, and you will have the honor of doing something useful for once.
Merlon: ... Do we let the orcs and demons kill them, or can we have the honor of doing it ourselves?

Level 9
Those new Golden Guard models make them even more terrifying. I loved the addition of new Golden Guard characters in the interlude as compared to before, they were very few. Adds more depth to the zealous faction of Rodan.
I would love to see an expanded role for the surviving and new generals in the remaining acts!

My only comment on the new chapter after playing it is the abilites of Oneeye. For a veteran orc, he's very fragile and weak and his abilities do him no good either, not to mention the lack of healing items\runes in this chapter.

Level 27
My only comment on the new chapter after playing it is the abilites of Oneeye. For a veteran orc, he's very fragile and weak and his abilities do him no good either, not to mention the lack of healing items\runes in this chapter.

I used to think that way too, but after playing the mission for the second time, I believe that Oneeye is actually one of the best heroes for no-build missions, since the players have more room to micro and tag the enemies with Dripping Venom. Coincidentally, the first mission that he becomes playable is a no-build one.

With Wind Walk, he can ignore collision and walk through melee units to make that strategy even better, turning Dripping Venom into basically an overpowered debuff aura, with Damage Over Time and 40% speed reduction at just level 2. For perspective, Cora's Cold Aura only has a 15% attack speed debuff at level 3.

Level 20
Seeing old gameplay of first Human book i used to think previus version of militarny Edict aka rejuvanation was better but Man... Those big army clash minions made me change my mind
I'll have to disagree. The current version of military edict is stronger. Even on the earlier episodes where armies aren't that massive i'd take the current military edict over the old one, especially when you consider that the inner fire does stack with military edict. Have a backline fully inner fired and cast military edict and your ranged units will shred anything the AI throws at you. When i mean anything I mean ANYTHING. Be that orc champions, infernals, undead revenants the only thing that cucks them are footmen defend ability and second book orc shield breakers.

Level 27
Seeing old gameplay of first Human book i used to think previus version of militarny Edict aka rejuvanation was better but Man... Those big army clash minions made me change my mind
Now that I've read this for the second time, I'm like "Wait, Military Edict used to be Rejuvenation?". I thought it used to be Battle Roar, then later changed to the half Roar/half Scroll of Protection we're having today.
I'll have to disagree. The current version of military edict is stronger. Even on the earlier episodes where armies aren't that massive i'd take the current military edict over the old one, especially when you consider that the inner fire does stack with military edict. Have a backline fully inner fired and cast military edict and your ranged units will shred anything the AI throws at you. When i mean anything I mean ANYTHING. Be that orc champions, infernals, undead revenants the only thing that cucks them are footmen defend ability and second book orc shield breakers.
It is valuable on melee units as well, especially T1 infantry, as it's basically a 150% damage buff.

Still nothing to War Aura though, but it's an ultimate ability so it's kinda unfair to compare.

Maybe, and just maybe, we need more custom abilities to finally make an ability tier list.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Now that I've read this for the second time, I'm like "Wait, Military Edict used to be Rejuvenation?". I thought it used to be Battle Roar, then later changed to the half Roar/half Scroll of Protection we're having today.
It used to be a spell that either healed an ally or dealt damage to an enemy - like Holy Light
but not limited to Undead.
That was a while back.

Level 27
I was not here during the early days to witness it, but I'm glad it turned into what we're having today.

Figure I should mention here another combo I used during my playthrough. During Dead Man's March, stack Krom with Orbs of Corruption, then give one to Meya during Possession. Orb + Corruption Aura level 3 reduces armor by 11, which is pretty good.

I feel obligated to report these overpowered strats, but personally, I don't want the Tomb of Relics to go, like those Arcane Vaults or Voodoo Lounges.

Edit: Well that's quick.

Last edited:
Level 29
What a wonderful gift you provided me with Shar :grin::grin:

Act Five, Chapter Two:
-Nothing to say

Act Five, Chapter Three:
-To be fair, golden Guard pricks, the biggest traitor that ruined the entire war came from the Empire, not from the Kingdoms.
-Sir Charleston isn't looking at Gardon and Merlon during the cinematic
-LOL. Killing our bodyguards is no longer an option, it is now a priority. I even attacked them in the encapment, and they all attacked me, even those I didn't control. So, I decided to restart and instead use them as shields for Gardon, Merlon and Zed.
-You could say in Gardon's ability to Summon Zed that Zed has Resistant Skin
-I killed the Orc Warlord
-Right before entering the base, Gardon says "Now Merlon! Kill them all!" even if all the Golden Guard are already dead by that point
-When the final cinematic starts, the dialogue never begins. I had to press Esc in order to end the mission

Act Five Chapter Four
-You know, Inara should hate Zoia more than Blen. Blen may have been one of the generals responsible for the Darkmind's defeat, but it was Zoia's wolves that tortured the survivors.
-So the Darkmind orcs we faced in the previous chapter is some sort of splinter faction? Because they were aligned with both murlocs and Skullblade orcs, while the ones under Rath are all by themselves
-The orcs calling the humans cowards... even though their whole strategy until recently has been raiding villages and then fleeing before the imperial army arrived. Not to mention that they were forced to flee from the demons.
-Unlike when I played the SOB, I recruited the cyclops. Why isn't this a optional quest?
-Wow, I din't expect for the Redfist to come to the rescue of the civilians. This must be a moderate faction inside the Redfist, since the ones in SOB were pretty much obnoxious pricks.
-After two attempts (damn those Redfist waves), I managed to destroy the enemy bases, though the main objective isn't completed for some reason. The only cheat I used was iseedeadpeople in order to check where the Redfist waves were coming from and where the cyclops were

Level 10
-You know, Inara should hate Zoia more than Blen. Blen may have been one of the generals responsible for the Darkmind's defeat, but it was Zoia's wolves that tortured the survivors.

You assume she knows this is Zoia who was keeping her captive. Going by precedent dialogues, I'd she was being manipulated into targetting Blen once she got 'escaped' after completing training. After all, while Zoia would be prime suspect in case of human assassin, nobody would expect a good Imperial general to use an Orc assassin, right? And it's not like the assassin would have had no reason to attack Blen. After he was there too for the Darkmind's fall.

Level 22
After the update, both chapters were fine and I didn't notice anything wrong with them gameplay-wise.

Act 5, chapter 2

- I would've preferred 1 point being taken out from mirror image and put either into wind walk or endurance aura.

Act 5, chapter 3

• Adding the optional quest where you could destroy the Demon Gate and then not have it attack you in the back during ''Dark Blades'' would've been nice.
  • I think the orcs could use an additional ally, so I didn't kill the warlord. Plus the Redfist rooting them out to the point they do will make Merlon very happy.
  • Go for the Lerrig, Zed! Go for the Lerrig... yeah. :p
  • A hawk appeared for a second during the final cutscene and the screen just faded to black. I'm gonna guess that was Aveen's companion and she won't snitch on Gardon.

Act 5, chapter 4

• Nice to see a slightly more benevolent side of the Redfist. What I didn't enjoy was how many troops they sent. :p
  • Zoia is pretty creative. If she can't get Blen, then the orc she captured would do it for her.

Last edited:
Level 27
Done with the new chapter a bit late today, since it was a tough nut to crack. Gonna drop my review real quick.

+ Rip Venom abusing strat. Mirror Images might have been a good replacement, but I'm too lazy to replay the level.

+ I like the weather in this map: Thunderstorm with a chance of golden blood.
WC3ScrnShot_031222_124016_04.png

• It made the later sections of the map significantly harder due to lack of AoE damage, but who gives a damn.
  • The end cinematic is weird. Long fade-to-black section, with a hawk appearing for half a second.

• Starts with the good thing first, and that is of course, Inara. Not only did she inherit the drip from Oneeye, but she also has overpowered abilities (Metamorphosis and Mark of Chaos). Aedale sacrificed her humanity to gain those, but Inara can have them just by being angry. Not sure how Dripping Venom interact with Slow Poison, although I assume that the stronger effect is applied upon attacking.
  • Other than that, this level is pain. Pure, unadulterated pain.
  • Two level 10 Paladins, with Divine Shield, Resurrection, and each has an Orb of Frost (Why?). The only way for me to survive the early game is to quickly rush out a Demolisher to clear the trees to the Ogre while playing defense. Immediately after the third attack wave, when the Paladin from the southeast base charge in alone, I launch an attack of my own, then use a few Raiders to snipe the Altar.
  • Usually, after destroying the first base, the mission becomes easier, but oh god. Paladins in Blue bases and Redfist attack/defense waves, with Conquerers who have Hardened Skin. Took a ton of Watch Towers to bring them down.
  • Lokar is constantly inting into the enemy bases. Sure, he got tons of gold to revive himself, but the sight itself gives me more pain.
  • Also, the Gray Stormbringers only has Initiate Training. Not sure if intentional.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
+ Rip Venom abusing strat. Mirror Images might have been a good replacement, but I'm too lazy to replay the level.
Sure, just remember to replay before you get Oneeye again else you lose the Venom ability points.
Also, the harbor defense is a bit stronger now. ;)
Other than that, this level is pain. Pure, unadulterated pain.
I didn't expect to read this from you, especially after SOMEONE told me the mission got slightly too easy due to Rath having Avenge again. XD
Anyway, Redfist comes to save the day!

Level 20
The new maps are great! I like how the Redfist faction appeared to evacuate the civilians, because it humanized them, while it also explained how they get new recruits. The hawk that we see at the end for a brief second, I'm pretty sure belongs to Larine. Dorten must have sent her after Gardon to watch his actions. (There is only one other person on Arkain, who canonically has a hawk, Lokar, but he has no reason to be interested in Gardon.)

Level 16
Oh, boy. That was intense:
-Act 5, Chapter 3: +Nice to see new Golden Buffoo- ahem Guard models.
+We will be able to play fishmen in the future. Sounds promising. There, of course, should be another tribes already allied with Orcs.
+Darkmind clan being splintered is nice touch. This means clan won't be fully extinct at least.
+Monsoon never bothered me anyway, and perhaps Merlon actually storm spirit? xD🤪
+Oh, Lerrig... only if you had brains none of this would've happened. You could've redeemed yourself in Gate of Hell... what a wasted lot.
-Act 5, Chapter 4: +Ah, finally, our favorite gladiatress getting love she deserves. Her ult and mark of chaos could easily whittle down entire army with Rath's ult. She is also perfect hero killer thanks to crit. If she becomes leader of Darkmind, Dominion shall see the most powerful assassins. I personally would like her and clan to face Lenira nexus with dynamics of slavery and manumission being apparent. She would be a perfect opponent against Pentiss or Soryena in Salria arc.
+So, Kerrel has Order of Air? Nice to see another elemental order. So, basically it is confirmed Toran has Order of Arcane, right?
+Recruiting cyclops really made the mission easier, otherwise instant stomp was near even at the beginning of mission. With four bases and two especially mega bases, this mission was indeed a hell. Yet Ironthunder clan should receive honorary mention of being strongest clan for they shrugged off attacks of three armies and even their damned ranger.
+So, Redfist appears? Looking for new neophytes of crusade "lofty"? That's a dram of redeemable part of Redfist. They don't even forcibly conscript folks, unlike certain other Kingdom and Imperial regiments...
+Well, Zoran, if you just led your army to the border, perhaps Selior's disembodied crumpet wouldn't have offended your sight. Of course, you would've died earlier.
+So, it is confirmed Blen's prison is located in castle of Kerrel. Now that makes sense of Darkmind orcs invading Golden Guard-reinforced settlement. Perhaps, in Dish Best Served Cold, we will probably see Blen fighting after Golden Guard gives him one more chance to redeem himself. Greyguard, Golden Guard, and Order of Flame shall be mighty. Well, if Inara kills Blen she would go after Zoia next. Perhaps after defeat of Bonelords, they will settle the scores. It's possible Zoia might as well evade and side with Gardon, but get killed in battle against Golden Guard. Whatever Zoia designed, she had it coming. As for Blen, I dearly hope he will have far different fate than anything anticipated. We have to wait.
+Next mission will be Defense of Dead Mountain I hope. Time to see new undead epoch. Good luck, Shar.
+Edit: Btw, what about giving war priests different spells? Instead of inner fire, there could be flash heal and instead of dispel there could be power word that increases armor and magic resistance etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
-Wow, I din't expect for the Redfist to come to the rescue of the civilians. This must be a moderate faction inside the Redfist, since the ones in SOB were pretty much obnoxious pricks.
The Redfist respects those who fight against the Orcs and are willing to let them join their ranks to avenge their fallen.
Adding the optional quest where you could destroy the Demon Gate and then not have it attack you in the back during ''Dark Blades'' would've been nice.
That'd make things too easy. ;)
Plus there'd be basically no way not to destroy the gate giving its close position to the path,
nullifying the effect of it being there in the first place.
Go for the Lerrig, Zed! Go for the Lerrig... yeah. :p
Making Minsc and Boo proud there, Champ.
[...] There is only one other person on Arkain, [...]
No... there is another... ;)
+Darkmind clan being splintered is nice touch. This means clan won't be fully extinct at least.
Some of them got lost during the retreat.
+So, Kerrel has Order of Air? Nice to see another elemental order. So, basically it is confirmed Toran has Order of Arcane, right?
Nope, that'd be Salria. :p