• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help, serious problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Right now I'm using mobile internet and it's slow also limited to 50 mb
I cannot check on google one by one so I need help.

My laptop jut had a strange problem. So first I play some videos, then it's start to not responding, then I press the power button for a couple minutes so it's shutdown.

When I turn it on again, it's bring me to startup repair, but it's failed, after 2 times doing that, I start windows normally.
It's load pretty slower, on the login screen I cannot use my keyboard and my mousepad, but when I tried use USB mouse, it's work. But still, I need to use keyboard to fill the password.

When I open BIOS, the keyboard and the mouse pad are work normally.
So the problem is only with the windows. Safe mode is not work too, only on BIOS.

Right now I'm googling but my internet is limited to only 50 mb
So anyone can help me to google it?
If you find something, please explain it if you can and give the link
Thanks

Level 7
My guess would be a virus that has possibly corrupted windows.Many viruses slow down a system's speed.If you can have internet access download Hirens BootCD.It is something like a live cd that has other tools such as antivirus and anti-malware.Also it comes with miniXP so you will be able to save your files.The only thing you need is either a bootable dvd or a bootable USB

Level 15
Okay, I was able to login with ease access, the Windows become my genuine, that's strange...
then I go to Device Manager and I see that the keyboard and touchpad not installed and I cannot install them. My antivirus (avast) is error "this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect"

So, the internet told me to run src and chkdsk.
I run cmd as admin then type src /scannow, but it's show me an error.
Error message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" while performing SFC scan.

So I tried chkdsk, on the next restart, check disk started but it's stuck on stage 4.

Level 15
Oh my god, it's work again
Helped from this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9/767de948-c79f-4880-8ce1-50c67c79c1af?page=1

So the problem was I unable to install my keyboard device, because of something change the registry

Thanks god. Also my internet is limited for 50 mb use but I think it's been more than that. The god must be give some error to my internet provider, LoL

But still, there is another error. When I start avast it says:
"The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect"

I tried to install avast again, but I cannot do that. I don't know why.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
No guys, this came all of a sudden. Things stopped working, I would do a disk check or something.

Viruses don't break your computer. Then the virus has failed. Viruses want to run on your system while you use it and spy on you or use your computer as part of a bot net. If they render the computer unusable, you will turn it off and then they failed. Think about this.

Level 29
This happened to my old laptop, then after being unable to solve it, I just threw it to the garbage.

I thought at the time it's probably the RAM, but it passed any tests I threw at it. Either way, it's a good idea to get MemTest86, boot it, and try to run a couple of rounds.

If the RAM passes, the next likely culprit is the hard disk. Some companies offer utility programs to check hard disks, most notably Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic, so use that or something else to test for HDD failures.

If everything passed, you can try to boot Hiren's BootCD, which is a CD/USB bootable Windows XP with many diagnostic tools, or you can try to do the same with any Linux installation.
This is mostly to check if it's an issue with your Windows installation (in which case other bootable installations should work properly), or a more serious issue, such as an hardware failure (in which case also other bootable installations will likely have issues).

Level 15
Now I am able to install avast again, after delete the directory files.
So I think there is no more ""The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect" and that's mean I don't need to run sfc... I guess...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
After an unexpected shutdown your computer will always be slower for up to an hour. This is because it runs diagnostics to check for damage and also send a crash report to Microsoft (if you allow it to do so).

If check disc fails that means that the partition is beyond repair. It may still work but something is critically wrong with it that may come back to haunt you in the future. I would advise performing a full OS reinstall, including rebuilding the partition.

Level 15
Its work normally for now. i dont know why....

Here is the full story:
1. My laptop is not responding when I play a video. I do a force shut down.
2. On logon sceen, I cannot use my keyboard and my mouse pad. But its worked with an USB Mouse
3. I was able to login with USB mouse and Ease Access virtual keyboard
4. I check device manager, and I see that the device is not installed. And I cannot install it.
5. I do some Google, and find out I must run "sfc /scannow"
6. It says that "windows resource protection cannot perform requested operation"
7. Then I run chkdsk /r
8. I restart and its run chkdsk, but stuck in stage 4 from 5.
9. Its keep like that after more than 5 restart.
10. I search how to cancel the schedule, but its not work
11. I choose "Last Known Good Configuration" on boot
12. Then there is no chkdsk
13. I was able to login again
14. I do some google, and find out its device problem. Something wrong with registry
15. I change a registry about keyboard device
16. I restart the laptop
17. The keyboard works
18. i tried run avast, but its not work. It says "this application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect"
19. Google told me to run sfc again
20. But still, its stuck on 55% with "windows resource protection cannot perform requested operation"
21. I tried re-install avast, but no new files appear
22. I deletes the old avast and tried Install again, and its work
23. I tried sfc again, but still, its not work.
24. But i think its okay, its not cause any problem
25. So thats all, now there is no problem

Thanks all

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As far as I can tell, Windows Vista and newer OS versions no longer support direct use of sfc. This is because system files are protected by an access control list to stop viruses which does not permit sfc to touch the files.

Thus "windows resource protection cannot perform requested operation" as the resource protection system is blocking sfc from operating on the file.

Why have sfc if it does not work? It can operate if run from another system remotely or when in the recovery environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.