• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Keyboard button problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi all, i have a problem with my windows vista.

This has happened a day or more.

Whenever i click the 'A' button in my keyboard, windows automatically run windows media player and type some random word like this "asdfjkl;" And, when i use that many time in a short delay, it will prompted to switch user.
And, when i use '1' button, it type number like this "12347890", and if i press for the second time, windows will shutdown.
that happened whenever i click it, even when i was playing a game.
I've see the run program, but i don't see anything wrong. I've checked the process running, and i don't see anything wrong.

I've scan the PC with my ESET antivirus, but it didn't found anything. (well, it has been a 3 week ESET fail to update)

How can i get rid of this problem? This problem start at 1 april, are this is the Conficker C virus? Should i system restore the PC? (I've 28 March restore point)

Any help will appreciated.

P.S: Because of this problem, i write this post with On-Screen Keyboard.

Level 34
The Conficker thing was an April fools joke, as far as I know.

I've never heard of this, it really does sound odd.

What did you mean by "the run program"?
What driver are you using for your keyboard? What model is your keyboard?
Perhaps try searching with another anti-virus program?

And I personally stay away from system restore. I've never had the thing work well for me, but that could just be my fault.

Level 10
hmm, but I really think this is because some virus. I've discovered more like this:
1. When i press 'F1' button, it open this, that page is one of my bookmark.
2. When i press '1' button, it type "1234567890" and if i pres it again, it hibernate my PC.
3. When i press 'Q' button, it type "qweruiop"
3. When i press 'A' button, it type "asdfjkl;'" and type "/123" in my google search. (one that on upper right of browser) and run Windows media player that was in quick launch. And, if i press it many time, it prompt to switch user.
4. When i press 'Z' button, it didn't type anything, and sometime used like "Paste"

Well, this can't be a keyboard problem, is it?

What did you mean by "the run program"?
I mean application that still running.
What driver are you using for your keyboard? What model is your keyboard?
I attach the image in my post. It's just standard keyboard.
Perhaps try searching with another anti-virus program?
Now I'm downloading AVG.
And I personally stay away from system restore. I've never had the thing work well for me, but that could just be my fault.
Well, system restore is the last thing I'll do.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:
Level 2
Conficker... was not a April Fools joke.
They used that date on purpose to confuse people.

Anyway, do you have another Keyboard you can try?
Maybe try using Microsoft's On-Screen Keyboard
Accessories -> Accessibility -> On-Screen Keyboard (Windows XP, dont know about vista)

Check if you can get to McAfee.com, or Symantec.com

I doubt you're infected, might be just a hardware issue.
Did you spill anything? That could be an issue.

Level 34
Do you have any CDs that came with your keyboard? What model/make is it?
Try FrIkY's idea, and use a new keyboard. That's likely to fix it, but it would be nice to find the source of the problem.]

Note: Is it just me, or did Samuraid post something before? I don't see a soft delete post, unless he hard deleted.

Level 34
Did you ever drop some liquid over your keyboard?
It is white and sticky =P

Do you got a standard keyboard or a keyboard that you program shit in? Standard keyboards require no installation or whatsoever (read: Plug&Play) but macrokeyboards require installation.

If you got a normal one: Either clean it out (although be a bit careful) or replace it.
If you got a macrokeyboard: Either reinstall it, clean it out or replace it.

Level 2
Plug and play keyboards are pretty durable lol.

Sometimes I get food crumbs stuck in the holes of keys and i just turn
it upside down and smash it a couple times works like a wonder :D

Try my Idea with the On-Screen Keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.