• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A serious problem with Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
Whasup?
It's been a long time!
I know I post when I need you and that's very selfish, but I'll try do my contributions to repay the depts.
Aaanyway.
So,
Yesterday I doubleclicked Google Chrome and two small chrome windows poped up. After 2 sec both of them got white (not totaly white just a bit blury) and a message appeared saying Google Chrome has stopped working. This happens every time I try to open Chrome.

What I have tried:
1. Completelly deleting e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g related to google chrome and reinstal.
2. Going to appdata/local/google/chrome/user data/default and renaming the folder default so a new fresh n' clean shall be created (like reseting google).
3. Renaming the exe file of crome found in HD/program files/google/chrome/application as well as changin the path in the properties of Google Chrome.

Nothing of those steps fixed it....
I really need your help.
I hate Internet Explorer............................

Thanks in advance!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Umm, tried maybe the compatibility mode for Win7 or winXP?
Will not help as Chrome is designed for all modern Windows OS. It will even support 10 before it is released, that is how efficient Google is.

Nothing of those steps fixed it....
I really need your help.
I hate Internet Explorer............................
I have a strong feeling after saying this that you are trying to waste people's time and not be serious...

Since Chrome uses the GPU for hardware acceleration when possible it could be a driver issue so try installing/reinstalling the latest stable release of your graphic drivers.

If that does not work I would have to recommend reinstalling your OS since something must be very wrong with it (such as a virus has infected and damaged it).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
if Ireinstal my gpu drivers or os, will i lose everything?
Reinstalling GPU drivers will lose at most the GPU driver settings.

Reinstalling the OS will lose almost everything (recommend making backups first).

You could try contacting Google about it as they probably know a lot more about Chrome than we do here.

Also just because Windows says it has stopped responding does not mean it has. All it means is that it has taken an excessively long time to query the UI/process interaction buffers. It is possible that after some period of time it resumes working.

Additionally if the error is generated by chrome any error codes could be looked up for a solution.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Remove AppData for chrome. Your chrome is mostly likely trying to open something that crashes it, since Chrome usually continues your previous session.

Also, if you've grown tired of Chrome sending 100% of your information to Google, you should switch to SRWare Iron, I've been using it for more than a year and I can tell you, it's just as fast as Chrome, +it looks identical to it. Only difference is that it has more privacy to it :)

Even normal Chromium sends your data to Google, so SRWare Iron is the way to go.

Level 14
jondrean, I downloaded Iron and it's excactly as chrome!
Thats nice.
However is it, "legal"?
I mean it's a copy of chrome.

I'll stick with that.
I give Chrome some time and if it doesn't get fixed I'll get some engineers to help me.

Anyway.

Thank you all for your help!

+2rep:goblin_yeah: to all of ya!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

However is it, "legal"?

It's based on open source project "Chromium", which Chrome is based on. The difference is SRWare has better security.

Once you install Chrome, you're browser is given an ID, and every time you visit something this info will be sent along with your ID. So even if you wouldn't log in to Chrome, they'd still track your history. And as far as I know, this feature is removed from Iron.

Level 14
Warning: This is not Necro-post nor Double post!

This thread was made at 21 of Octomber 2014 and this post is made in 25 January 2015.
Today, after 97 days, Google Chrome has magically fixed itself!
I want to thank everyone on this thread, since it's all over now, but despite todays change I'll stick on SRWare Iron. Don't know why tho.

This thread is now officially solved and can be closed.

I thanks you all friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.