• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Samsung Laptop Won't Boot Without USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi there guys,
I just ran into a start-up problem a day ago.
The error was: Windows couldn't start properly.
Plugged my usb media in and try to recover (didn't work so i wanted to reinstall windows 10) When i tryed to set a windows location on disk partition screen i had the problem that my disk wasn't MBR which i did a fresh install and everything worked fine before. Tryed different Usb sticks with using different partition scheme types. None worked so i went to google and did a research some said put the bios on legacy mode and some other settings. I did and when i exit, the laptop was in a restart loop after the Samsung logo and couldn't access to bios anymore. But i could still reach the installation screen with my usb. So i followed some other guides about putting my disk to MBR type using Cmd while the installation page was open it was diskpart stuff.
Then i finished installation and unplugged the Usb and hit restart but wasn't booting.

So it's on with the usb plugged in;
1493408799776-1397785578.jpg
But it won't go any further than this screen (trying any combinations for bios access but no result);
1493409150393-34186432.jpg

Laptop model: SAMSUNG NP700Z5C-S02UB CHRONOS SERIES 7
Bios model: Phoenix BIOS SC-t v2.2 P04ABJ

I used Windows 10 Home x64 (now and before) before worked fine untill now.

I will put any information as i remember or you remind me.

Last edited:
Level 9
I reset to the BIOS by leaving the CMOS battery unplugged for 10mins still seems i can't reach my BIOS settings but i could at least install from my GPT USB and was able to boot without it as a result. But it seems there are some features aren't available in the BIOS mode while the Legacy Mode was giving me more features which was set as MBR partition scheme and NTFS formatted USB.
What differences i realized was in BIOS mode installation the windows logo in the startup screen is gone (blank black screen with a rolling circle on the bottom that's it and startup was actually slower). And some less applications on the taskbar when finished installing on BIOS Mode. I would prefer the Legacy Mode using MBR but then I'll have the same problem and im tired of installing the windows over and over, i think I'll be fine with the way it is..
Thanks guys!
Solved.

Level 9
OMG! I keep messing with this laptop. I just did something in BIOS i think i enabled Fast Bios and might messed with something else too. Right now i can only see the BOOT MENU/APP MENU and they all empty. Can't boot the device, i tried;
-Took everything out leave it for a day to hopefully reset the BIOS. Didn't work.
-Used all the partition schemes for WIN7 USB and WIN10 USB. Also DVD. Nothing worked.
-Tried without HDD (with and without USB). Didn't work.
-Tried almost all the Key combinations on my Keyboard and worked with an external Keyboard too. Didn't work.

I'm still at the Boot Manager menu with no selections available.
00228537f-00002844323m-14943478634681213393531.jpg

Can't go any further. This laptop became my eternal enemy >{

If anyone got any suggestions, i will be thankful to hear it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 9
New HDD didn't work.
Some kind of a problem with my motherboard that it doesn't want to read anything.
Im planning to go to geek squad again. Some computer agency told me that they might be able to bring it back to life without having a mboard replacement but they only work in Arizona.
If anyone got an answer, please share it xd love y'all!!!

Level 9
you could connect the harddrive where you connect the cd-rom drive and instead use an external one. i am not however sure how to do that with a laptop.
Oh, i sent it over Geek Squad and they said, the m.board was toasted and will cost me $300 to get a new one. I end up buying an extreme monster instead. ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K
Thanks for your response though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.