• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to Format USB Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So I have a Strontium 16GB v3.0 USB. I plug it in and receive the error:

"You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?"

The trouble is this message is constantly spammed on my computer. I receive this error about twice
every second, so my computer just gets flooded with these messages if I don't unplug the USB!

I tried jiggling the USB around to see if it was a loose connection (perhaps it was connecting and
disconnecting frequently) but jiggling it did nothing. Upon trying to format the USB, I received the
error:

"Windows was unable to complete the format"

Anyone know how to fix this?

Level 16
Could be the USB stick is broken, try a different computer.

Both computers I've tried have presented the same problem. It's strange though. I don't see how a USB can break. There's no moving parts inside, and I don't see any physical damage on the USB port. I can't recall ever dropping or bumping it.

I've only unplugged it without safely removing it a few times. I thought the worse that can happen is corruption of data, in which you just lose data and do a simple reformat to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.