• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naga Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well im glad to hear that you guys show interest in it, if the links dont work then the pics are in my profile under projects. BTW take a look at the models and compare them to the pics above (all 3 clans should be in there) and tell me if you think i should change the color tinting or leave it as is.

Level 15
im going to make the red a bit lighter, also i think im going to add in an extra clan the Wrathscale (Dark colored). For the sake of balencing out the map its easier to do a square then a triangle. pics will come soon. right now im working on my war of the races map, which im going to change alot. Ill post a link with the improved idea as soon as i get a bit more done. I have one question- how do i add a hero glow to a non hero model

Level 15
is there a hero glow attachment that i can attach to my hero or does the glow have to be made with each model

Level 15
well this map is protected so i cant just export it, that sucks lol, i dont see anywhere that says atachments of this thread.

Level 15
Thx, i hate keep sounding like a noob but how do i attach it to a unit, i dont see anywhere in object editor where i could attach it.

Level 21
It is actually easy.
1.Create ability based on life and mana regeneration (fountains use this abilities).
2.Make it to do nothing (reduce mana/life regeneration to be 0)
3.Make it to have efect ONLY on unit that has ability (check only self)
4.Then change the model of effect in ability to be hero glow
5.Make attachment to be on "base"
6.give ability to hero you want
If you have any questions ask them.

Level 15
lol i just spent the longest time trying to get it to work until i realized that it probably just doesnt work in WE so i tested the map and sure enough it worked. Something that i have no how it happened is that all the ability information from your clan wars map went into my map, so i didnt have to make the custom ability i just used yours. lol. wierd. Thanks i will probably use this alot for my map.

Level 21
Next time ASK before doing that.Not even map moderator opens map without asking.I forgot to protect that map.
And I use WE because if I didn't you wouldn't be able to open it.
That happened because you probably ordered Object editor to transfer data.

Level 23
meh. e's right. You really SHOULD respect map maker's privacies. If they want to keep people from claiming their maps as their own, they tend to protect it. So, it's best to ask. Same things with other resources. :p unless otherwise noted in credits. =3

I didn't know it had an Object Transfer. XD I've been doing it manually. :p

Level 15
sry the only reason i opened your map was to see the path for the troll gold digger when i had no internet. and i opened it again today to figure out how to work the hero glow. i didnt know it had a transfer button either so if i pressed it then i did it by accident sry my bad. that transfer button would have deffinetly helped when i was importing the doodads from the ultimate terraining pack into my map it would have saved me alot of time if i could have just imported all the info. lol. thx

great map btw

Level 15
What icons?
I just add the other tech trees for my campaign take a look and tell me what you think.

Level 15
you mean the naga pics? havent seen that last one before.

lol only 4 more posts and we reach 100 posts in this group

Level 15
iconmaker about my pic comment-that pic was from my war of the races map that i made. The problem with it was that i had less then half the models imported and it was already 17mb. for one map that is way too much. i basically changed it into a campaign- Fate of Azeroth. probably will have the same size but it will be spread out through several lvls making it less laggy. the terrain itself is no where near complete enough to upload it sry. but my campaign will have a similar city. and btw, yes i still kept the map im using some info from it to make my races.

lol 2 more posts lol

Level 15
Yay post one 100 lol

I had a camp last weak but it was hot and humid as always lol.
well right now im working on posting my Storyline for a campaign called Chaos Islands i probably wont finish it today cause its getting a bit late here but when i finish ill post you a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.