• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My little Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Recently, due to my recent break in my otherwise busy schedule I have been working on a few various wc3 projects. Since I have been asked by several people just WHAT I do with wc3 since it would seem ALL that I do is hang out on forums and make noob comments about things. So here are the very first few sneak peeks to my upcoming RPG which has yet to obtain an official name.

More details later

Comments and corrections on scenery is always appreciated

http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/8453/2002045182102065416_rs.jpg

http://aycu14.webshots.com/image/6853/2002042651412739120_rs.jpg

http://aycu35.webshots.com/image/5234/2002018068780435381_rs.jpg

And there you have it: The first three WIP's of my project.

-Deck

Last edited:
Level 10
Sorry in the slow reply but I was away for holidays.

The hero model will most likely be changed - I just needed a decent looking model so as not to COMPLETELY ruin the pictures.

Since I'm such a slow worker I am basically just beginning this map, but a rough sketch is a s follows:

Terrain:20%
Heroes:0%
Units:0%
Triggers:5%
Storyline:1%

The idea is a two-player(maybe more) RPG. One that can be played alone/LAN/and B.net if anyone so desires. You'd play through a story so it's not like an ORPG. (Although, seeing as how bad my storyline ideas are working out, it won't be much of a story. =P)It's third person, and movement is controlled with arrow keys. I'm still working on the best way to set up an attack/spell system, but I have some ideas - it mainly just boils down to my inept trigger skills, work ethic, and finding time to do this.

I'll try to work on it some more and maybe post some screenies if I get the time. I appreciate the comments etc. . . etc. . .
More details later.

-Deck

I'm still working on the best way to set up an attack/spell system

Attack system... that would be interesting... but it ussualy takes much time... Did you make movement system, or used Virus of Maddnes'? His one is used in much of third/first person games but it's bad because if you are going to turn you will turn for 30 in interval of 1sec wich isnt best idea...

may

may

Level 2
Last edited:

may

may

Level 2
use some TGA/BLP to BMP converter, like Prophet's Wc3viewer or wc3 image extractor II (find it in tool resources section)

Okay.. I'll try that.

Sorry in the slow reply but I was away for holidays.
Since I'm such a slow worker I am basically just beginning this map,

LOL you think your slow? :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Ahh. . .but see. . .look at it from my perspective.

I have released nothing, started over fifty maps, all of which I have worked, at the very least, a full day on, and at the most several months - then I get tired of them and give up. =P

Oh May, sorry I didn't respond to your Q about uploading - I'll pm the info to you. (and anyone else too just ask.)

i have an idea... Why dont we make map together, because it isn't going this way. Ive got much experience in triggering, but when it comes up to terrain... You know, once i "made" map that used 247 (or so, dont remember) LONG triggers but "whats with terrain?" "it bores me to make terrain" and i gave up.

In math - and - are + and so, slow and slow is fast

Level 10
I'd be interested in that - although I don't want to start a new map right now (If you know what I mean.) Later, however, probably over Christmas time, I will be offering my services as a terrainer to anyone who wants it unless I happen to think th project their working on just isn't worth it. . .=P

I also generally tend to not like making TD, Mauls, Escapes, and other popular maps like that, mainly for the reason that I find them boring. I would do one though - you'd just have to convince me that it's worth doing-->original, fun to play, etc. . .

-Deck

I think of Third person RPG with Storyline, that has only two heroes. Like "Swordsman and Elementalist" i ve seen many orpgs that have million heroes and that every has 4 spells:thumbs_down: in this rpg he should have hundreds of them:

Spellbook1 - abilities
Elemental Spells
Fire
Ice
Lightning

Jobs
Leatherworking
Cooking (can be used at home or if you have learned fire spells you can make fire pit)
Alchemie

and it should be realistic: you have to sleep at least 1/3 of day or you will have only 50% of max health and mana, will attack slower, and take more damage. You have your own house wich you can enter (has things in the housewalls, tiles- chance to use daelin's packs i downloaded today)

that would be almost everithing i wanted to say...

did i mention that map should have over 1000 custom items?

dont worry, you only need to do terrain and anything else if you feel like doing it.

this map will be a single player, since it's gonna take alot of memory and that way we will not need JASS spells, will use gui instead.

Level 15
I think of Third person RPG with Storyline, that has only two heroes. Like "Swordsman and Elementalist" i ve seen many orpgs that have million heroes and that every has 4 spells:thumbs_down: in this rpg he should have hundreds of them:

Spellbook1 - abilities
Elemental Spells
Fire
Ice
Lightning

Jobs
Leatherworking
Cooking (can be used at home or if you have learned fire spells you can make fire pit)
Alchemie

and it should be realistic: you have to sleep at least 1/3 of day or you will have only 50% of max health and mana, will attack slower, and take more damage. You have your own house wich you can enter (has things in the housewalls, tiles- chance to use daelin's packs i downloaded today)

that would be almost everithing i wanted to say...

did i mention that map should have over 1000 custom items?

dont worry, you only need to do terrain and anything else if you feel like doing it.

this map will be a single player, since it's gonna take alot of memory and that way we will not need JASS spells, will use gui instead.

been wanting to make a 3D RPG myself, with enterable houses and such :p

Level 10
Glad you like it =D

I haven't quite decided what if I'll do that (though I have contemplated it)
I'm currently taking a pause on this. . .(mainly so I don't get overwhelmed or get to bored)

But I'll post more later. . .

-Deck

Level 10
Oh this isn't dying. . .far from it. I've just learned that(at least with me) if I work to hard and long on just one thing, I eventually lose my vision for it and move on. Besides, this is far from completed, and CERTAINLY far from good.

I will make a promise to you guys now though that if I ever leave the wc3 business, I will release anything and everything I have, no matter how bad to the public.

-Deck

Level 27
Being the slowest isnt worst, i think. Look about it like this:

I have relased 15 alfas, 2 betas and I have started over 200(!) maps and none is finished yet nor it will ever :sad: This is a curse:sad:

Most of ppl i see have this,you should go work in teams with someone then you get your name on a map and you are mapping! :D

EDIT - FUCK I DOUBLEPOSTED AGAIN! KILL ME !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.