• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Anno 1800 - Wc3 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making Anno 1800 as a wc3 project with my real account name.
(dhk_undead_lord).

The project will be creating an anno like Anno 1602 and that like in Wc3.

Info:
Anno 1800 is a shipgame where you and other players will create a colony on an island in the sea.

Build an good working city and kill your enemies!

Screenshot:
anno1800previewro3.jpg

This is only a preview! The releasing will take a bit.

Please give comments!

Last edited:
Level 37
UchihaSasuke.gr said:
Still lacks a lot.Terrain is bad too.
Don't be such a negative! You must encourage people!

I have played Anno. It's very good game, but it's more based at building city than having war. Want to have good suggestions? Check this map out. It's like anno. You must build own city to island and then have a war, bla bla.

Good luck in your project.

No.My comment is alright.You better watch your own words.

''If I make terrain better than this, this will defenitly lagg''.

Lol,I have seen maps with 4000 more doodads than yours and it never lags.Terrain when made correct never lags.

Well this should be one of many islands, this island alone has a few k doodads. They are small and you can see it better ingame.

Edit: Also more doodads will cause more Game-Size, this would cause longer downloads and more leavers while first download.

Also everybody loves another kind of terrain, so ok, I might try it better with less doodads, but currently its only a preview how realistic the anno project will be in warcraft.

Also what do you prefer, strategy games with most on building or most on fighting? Or balanced?

Level 21
Well this should be one of many islands, this island alone has a few k doodads. They are small and you can see it better ingame.
a few k doodads? No way. All I can see is a bunch of trees :s

Edit: Also more doodads will cause more Game-Size, this would cause longer downloads and more leavers while first download.
It's not going to increase it a lot.
It's better to have "too many" doodads than too little...

For me this terrain has:
- Good tilevariation
- Bad doodadvariation: at first glance, it looks like you only placed trees and corals. Then, at a closer look I see a FEW shrubs and a FEW lilipads.. Add some more rocks (preferable ruins rocks) and flowers, ...
It looks like you used a Square shape when placing the trees. For trees (and most doodads), always use ROUND shape.

Level 13
A little lesson in german language: If you say something like: "Ich trank ein Bier anno 1602" it means: "I've drunk a beer in the year 1602". But nobody would say it anymore since the word 'anno' is really old-fashioned.

I guess builder games are in general not as popular in america as in germany. But Anno still seems to be one of the more successfull games made over here.
Maybe you guys know the settler-game? It's very similiar to it.

Anno 1602 and Anno 1702 are typical building games. You are traveling with your ship, find an island and build up your empire. You are spending most of the time with economy, trading and building and some battles if you are ready for them.

I think it's quite hard, to make a real good Anno-game on the wc3 engine, but still it's possible.

Level 34
Yeah and also the triggers and scripts for it.

Cause:
- Town cant find good food around in the area.
Effect:
- Foodstocks are depleting.
Effect of that:
- Taxes remain the same, prices of the food go up, food becomes scare.
And effect of that:
- People are rioting.
And effect of thát:
- 50% of all your units (except heroes, if their available) join the Rebellion, aka they become hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.