• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo: Conquest, [showcase of a dead project]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Halo: Conquest]

Features:
*The player takes control of a starship, hires troops, and explores new worlds in order to find artifacts whith the ability to enhance your ships preformance. Each world holds forerunner derelicts and constructs, featuring ancient enemies to battle in order to claim their powerful treasures.

*Planets have a strategical value for your faction. Place troops and deploy outposts in order to prevent hostile players from capturing more artifacts!

* Purchase new ships, or board your enemies to claim theirs!
Each ship carries a FTL-drive, main fusion engine, bridge, firing control bays, etc. that can be destroyed while boarding in order to disable the ship, or robbing it of vital functions.

*Unique squad system!
You purhcase units in forms of squad commanders, in a way similar to that of DoW. Your squad commander has different buttons in his inventory screen, featuring the options to add squad members (untill the squad member cap is reached), and upgrade your units to wield different weapons (for example, the covenant grunts can be upgraded to wield fuel rods, needlers, and grenades.).
You cannot select the separate squad members, instead, your squad leader is linked to a hero icon to the left of your screen, and the orders he recieves are executed collectively by the entire squad.

Background:
Since i uploaded my flood spore model, i've been hearing lots of requests on revealing more images from my halo project that i worked so hard on last year. It's been very long since i looked at any of the models, and i have decided that the project is now to be considered dead.
If i ever get the luxury of an own coder, or decent concepts on ship interior layouts, i might pick up on it, but oterwise, i'd say it's best to wait until SC2 gets out to handle all the advanced physics.

Anyway, here are the images:

Atmospheric view of the interior of a forerunner structure.
78287d1269795825-halo-conquest-showcase-dead-project-1.png

Minor cargo area of a covenant CCS-battlecruiser.
78288d1269795825-halo-conquest-showcase-dead-project-2.jpg

Preview of the flood skins. The flood will be a playable race in the game.
78289d1269795825-halo-conquest-showcase-dead-project-3.jpg

A corridor inside a Covenant Assault Carrier.
78290d1269795825-halo-conquest-showcase-dead-project-4.png

Example of how the lighting changes inside the same corridor when the ship has taken severe damage; this picture also gives a hint on how the actual game camera will look. The UNSC equivalent of this system uses spinning red lights and affects info screens.
78291d1269795825-halo-conquest-showcase-dead-project-5.jpg

Interior of a UNSC frigate.
attachment.php

A Covenant CCS-Class being borded by the flood. This also shows how a flood infestation affects the ship visually, and how damage causes fire, sparks and even damages to parts of the ship.
attachment.php

Another preview of some Covenant ship interior.
attachment.php

The hangar areas for vessel storage insisde a CCS battlecruiser.
attachment.php

An updated shot of a covenant storage room.
attachment.php

Early WIP of a Halcyon class hangar bay.
attachment.php

The MAC control room aboard a FFG-class frigate.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    589.4 KB · Views: 4,142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 4,156
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 4,371
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1 MB · Views: 8,816
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 3,723
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 5,214
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 18,577
  • 8.png
    8.png
    939.7 KB · Views: 12,140
  • 9.png
    9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,897
  • 10.png
    10.png
    896.3 KB · Views: 3,490
  • 11.png
    11.png
    827.9 KB · Views: 3,414
  • 12.png
    12.png
    716.5 KB · Views: 3,727
Last edited:
Level 8
So? You just decided to post this to show us that someone wasted a lot of time and will not complete it? Or showing us what we will miss out if we choose to stay on WC3 instead of SC2?

Not sure where you're going with this.

Level 22
omg i feel so sad seeing a dead Halo project i would LOVE to revive it or create my own Halo map but i never had the proper resources im quite a good mapper and i wouldnt want to see these go to waste if you dont upload these models would it be alot to ask if you send them to me i could do a Halo Wars map perhaps with some extra resources

Well.. uhm.. for start, you should try to use dots when you write. That would make your comments a bit more readable.

I'm sorry, but if i would let anyone revive this project, it would be someone with high experience and who has previous work to display. it would also have to be someone with knowledge of both vJass and modeling. Also, i don't really like halo wars. it was a totall flop.

I am very glad you liked it, however :)
unit models, such as the com node and the supply case, will be uploaded for sure. The rest might take longer.

By the way, if someone is a halo geek, and wants to help out on this project, you can post sketches on interior layouts on ships like:

FFG-Class Frigate
CSS-Class Battlecruiser (the covenant cruiser)
Halcyon-Class Battlecruiser
Marathon-Class Battlecruiser

Designs must include:
*Bridge
*hangar
*Engine Room
*FTL-Drive Bay
*Some kind of weapons compartment, like the MAC-Bay seen in the picture
*Armory
*Storage
*Sensors Array
*Compartment for arbitary equipment (Generic Room)

Examples of optional compartments:
*Cantina
*Crew Compartment
*Any other things you can think of that are featured in halo (or not, works aswell). Preferably something that makes the ship feel more alive, the concept is to have the ship be more or less like a system, like in Cruiser Command (although this project was started before it was published).

Bare in mind that this project is still considered as cancelled, this is just for those of you who happen to have interrest and some spare time.
If people would happen to like this idea, and some nice concepts show up, then maybe it would be realistic to complete it, but as it is, it is way too much work for me to complete on my own.

if you feel like you're up to it, you could always do some planet layouts too, and perhaps dungeons (basically forerunner installations).

Level 22
One would assume that i am inexperience by my appearance but much like ap0calypse (my good friend) i am quite experienced but i have never had the chance to finish a map do to the fact i solo all of my projects and i do pretty damn good but i get to the point like you where i cant continue on

Now: if you would like to see my talents i suppose i could show my current project: Black Winter and perhaps that would earn me some respect?

oh and im not that much of a nerd that i know the layout of the ships
i would love to revive this project with you at the helm of course seeing as to how you own more knowledge of halo than me although i am a diehard fan

im sorry for not using proper punctiation
if you would like to see what im capable of send me a PM i was actually going to use your KZ2 models in my map (Black Winter) but do to complications i decided not to
if not allow me to help you revive this project then at least allow me to earn your respect as i see you have none for some unknown like me

oh and one last thing i have been modding maps for 6 years if that grants any extra threshold

GUI Rating: 6.5
Terrain Rating: 8.0
Balancing Rating: 8.5
Storyline Rating: 10 (I'm a writer obviously)
Im attempting to learn to Skin and Icon but right now my main focus is finishing Black Winter and finding a suitable map project like this one

Last edited:
@Riot: There is no preexisting designs of the interior of those ships; my suggestion was that you draw them yourselves, out of your own imagination. If you want to show your qualities, than you could try that out, or, terrain a landscape from a planet in the halo universe, like Reach or Balaho.

@Mindighters, i know you have experience with modeling, and that is good.
I could imagine letting people work on this, but in that case, it would still be under my supervision. It is not that i have doubts in any of you, but i am a perfectionist of natutre.

Level 22
me and midnighters would revive this project and make it the showcase of a living very well project and now that i make it to this point i must ask you to download this map i will send you a link in pastebin dont redistribute because its still an alpha it may have a few glitches oh and when the game starts hit beginner i have placed some test items at the maps start for you to use and before you pick type -exp X to get any number of exp its for testing classes mainly so is the dialog at the start ive been working on it for 4 months and its coming along quite smoothly ap0calypse is to thank for the EXP system and paladon for the jump system

I assume you assume im not worthy of this project but i am and so is midnighters and we would be glad to refurbish this broken record with your permission?

Btw midnighters would probably do very well drawing the ships' designs

Oh and you said "try my qualities out" my quality are in making large very stretched maps into a mona lisa :D prepare to be stunned (i hope)

Riotz, i tried your map, and i must say, it is far more than i expected. The terrain was a bit meh at some places, but there is no doubt you are an experienced mapmaker.

However, what made my map die is not the lack skill, it was the lack of concept. When i was working, i used to just make some models that i thought would fit in somewhere, without any idea of how the whole thing would look at the end. This lack of goal made it feel like an endless work, and that is why i decided to kill it.

So, if the two of you want to work on the map, i need you to prove that you have feeling for structure. If it shows out that more people gain interrest in this map, i could do things like post a map with the models in it and have a terraining competition. This would be like a commuity project.

Anyways, what i suggest you two to do, is to visit the halo wikia, read some about the different ships and planets, and post your ideas on how you want their design to be. That would be of absolutely most help for me right now.

When making those, make sure to keep in mind things like ship infrastructure (different systems linked to eachother, and the fact that you should be able to board/defend it) and for the planets, remeber that there should be huge entrances to complexes (will be very majestic) and places to defend/attack there too.

I should also point out that this is a squad-based semi RTS system. That means, that you buy squads, and control them using their commander. Through him, you can upgrade the weapons in the squad. I will explain how this works in the main thread.

I want it drawn out. To make it simple, you can just make either a profile, or a birds eye view of the ship, and then draw out where the corridors, rooms and doors etc. will be.

You'd propably benefit from taking an image from the internet, like this top-veiw image of a cruiser, and draw off the outlines of it on a layer of it's own, and then fill it in.
Same goes for terrain, jusr draw a map or something. The more detailed, the better.

By the way, i know Wazzz too, he was actually one of the first to see this project. :)

@Narrator, the map currently has limited parts to play on (only the scenes showed in the images), but has some systems completed.
For example, the squad system is pretty much complete (even though a bit sketchy), and you can walk using your arrow keys.

EDIT: By the way, the map is written in Jass.
I am a decent coder, but i don't really like doing it. If anyone with good skills of vJass would like to join in, it would be welcome.

Level 22
Thank you for acknowledging my capability oh btw did you test my grenade system it works flawlessly? >:D

Ill be reading over what were doing in this project late today but first clarify if this is a campaign cause youd have to be a fucking madman to attempt this in a maximum size map of 480x480 (Jassnewgenpack)

No, this map is completely multiplayer focused. Each player will play as a captain/shipmaster, but can ally eachother to fly several pilots on one ship.
I'm not sure if it will be entire 480x480, but if it would, i could assure that most of it would be space. Incase it was unclear in my explanation, this map works a lot like solar conquest, except in first person.

About the map, i liked all the spells, especially the new AoE skin, and you managed very well to get the ammunition system to work. The starting cutscene was also very nice, aswell as the unit selection system. On the other hand, the game goal wasn't very clear, and sometimes, missions would have to solve themselves, but i can forgive that since it's only alpha.

Level 6
the problem with halo ship layouts is that the shots you get, are usually un-revealing. and as for the halo 1 halcyon, the map doesn't fit inside the exterior of the ship, not to mention the incredible size required to make a full interior, but that won't stop me from making something that will work! i'll see about that layout!

secoundly, the best time period for this game is the destruction of the outer colonies (harvest, halo wars, fall of reach, anything pre-earth) some locations i would suggest are:
covenet city-ship (covenent base)
halo(first one)
Reach (human base for all millitary operations, especially naval)
Harvest (location of first and longest battle between humanity and the covenant)
Onyx (human colonised world used for training of the spartan III's contains forurenner facillities and is 100% floodless (lots of sentinals though))
Delta Halo? (might make a good base for the flood)
Earth? (not the best idea, but it would make a good secoundary base for humanity)
any other miscelanious planets mentioned in halo

Ships:
Human:
ODST drop pod
Pelican (transport)
Longsword (fighter-bomber, carries nukes)
UNSC support ship (various vessels similar to Spirit of Fire (Halo Wars) used as support vessels for land engagements)
UNSC Scout Vessel (forgot name, mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx, capable of laying a nuclear minefield wich can destroy entire covenent squadrons, has stealth, weak)
FSS frigate (small vessel equiped for scouting)
Halcyon (older cruiser, with AI can have limited success against smaller covenant vessels)
Marathon (new battleship, slightly better than halcyon, still inferior to covenant vessels)
Mac Satelite (a gun the size of a ship, makes short work of even carriers but is rediculously expensive, vulnerable to boarding actions)

Covenant:
Drop pods
Phantom (drop-ship)
Seraph (fighter-Interceptor)
Stealth Corvette (self explanatory)
CCS Cruiser (modest cruiser, superior to even the most modern UNSC vessels)
Carrier (Gigantic Fleet vessel, can outmatch any ship with batteries of plasma firing turrets)
City (overkill)

Other:
Forunner tri-pod ship thingy (can be used to activate interdimensional portals leading to distant corners of the galaxy, large numbers present inside of the planet visited by the Spirit of Fire, the one on Delta Halo most likely did not have functioning weapons, however the ones at the planet could easilly take out any ship.)
Halo (5th floor, index and keys to superweapons, can be destroyed by overloading a cruisers hyperdrive, or a NOVA nuclear weapon)

Ship Based Weapons:
MAC (magnetic accelaration cannon, good all round gun)
Plasma turret (superior turret firing plasma so hot it can melt through any solid matter)
Energy Laser (capable of slicing UNSC ships in two)
SHIVA nuclear warhead (only effective weapon against covenant battlefleets)
NOVA nuclear warhead (capable of destroying planets)
ARCHER missiles (carried in vast numbers by UNSC ships filling space with numerous missiles that diverge into 6 or more smaller warheads. overkill anyone? (pillar of autumn carried around 300) general underpreforms against covenant shilds however unprotected ships are generally destroyed.)
Point deffense lasers (covenent anti-missile laser, makes missiles obsolete)

Note: kill ratios in ship-to-ship comabt are generally 3-1 in favour of the covenant, however skilled UNSC captains, using risky, untried manouvers have been able to take the generally overconfident covenent by surprise, and turn the odds in their favour, but in larger fleet battles, the covenent always win. only in small engagements do human vessels win, and only with surprise. the UNSC is usually the first to fire in battle

Last edited:
Level 6
revised ship list
Starfighters C709 Longsword-class Interceptor
Dropships/Cargo Transports D77-TC Pelican - D77H-TCI Pelican Dropship - Albatross - Pod - Bumblebee - Human Cargo Ship
Support Starships Calypso-class Exfiltration Craft - Black Cat-class Subprowler - Chiroptera-class Stealth Vessel - Prowler - Laden-class Freighter - Parabola-class Freighter
Light Capital Warships Mako-class Corvette - Stealth Cruiser - UNSC Light Frigate - UNSC Frigate - Gorgon-class Destroyer - UNSC Destroyer
Cruisers Halcyon-class - Marathon-class
Carriers UNSC Carrier - Phoenix-class Colony Ship - UNSC Supercarrier

Ground Support Aircraft Banshee - Vampire
Starfighters Seraph-class - Tarasque-class heavy fighter - Gigas-class fighter-bomber
Dropships Spirit - Phantom - Boarding Craft
Support Starships Stealth Corvette - Agricultural Support Ship
Light Capital Warships Frigate - Destroyer - CAR-class Frigate - CPV-class Destroyer
Cruisers Light Cruiser - Cruiser - CCS-class - Reverence-class - Battleship - Supercruiser
Carriers Carrier - Assault Carrier - Supercarrier
Space Stations High Charity - Unyielding Hierophant

Level 22
The object of the game is to stay alive and complete objectives but as you stated its an alpha so its still unclear and being worked out the missions are spawned randomly also so once in a while you may get 5 missions or you may get 2 or 1 or sometimes 0 survival mode is basically you and your lone squad against everything else im lacking good zombie skins and models though i want the game to be eerie and the terrain is but the zombies are not oh and im adding an ifrared view it will basically be like a cam mask tinted red for enhanced sight at night and during "Black Blizzards" its like a kooler version of Night Vision

So are we on to do the map project if so ima need the map and the fact that its multi-player makes it very hard to work on with a crew because its one map and that can create differences between each members version
so send me the map and i will look it over (but i have one dislike about it: its first person i would prefer a birds eye view RTS Squad based game because of some complications to certain types of gamers and well i just prefer RTS games and its gonna be hard as hell to move your squad with a first person view but if your sure this is what you want then ok but i did have one idea perhaps you could exit first person mode and head to 3rd person or birds eye view for combat scenes and using your squads more effectively like FPS mode would be an ability like direct control allowing you to maximize effiency and i was thinking perhaps we could have spawn points that you could place to call in reinforcements while on a planet or in some kind of enemy territory
i have a shitload of ideas for the map another is it should be 1v1 Covenant Capital Ship (or something smaller) VS whatever the flagship for the UNSC is and each ship would be very large and drivable and have its own crew of like 6 people per team (less or more) this would make the galaxy much more interesting because there would be alot more room and this could make for some background storylines (it could be like cruiser command sorta mixed with solar conquest) i would really like to be a part of this so send me the map if im in
Oh and btw i have 2 extra things to add i love the DoW reinforce idea and i want to be able to use the models from this project once its done for a project of my own if i ever decide to do a halo campaign or something like that i will not redistribute the models to any site or any other members without your permission

Oh and another thing (i have so much to say sigh) i have absolutely no jass skills >:D all my triggers are GUI
i would assume Black Winter earned your respect

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the long and thorough comments, it is lovely to see so much involvement in this thread.
@Warman, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about the halo lore, i for one have not read any of the books, and i guess all of you are qualified to help out.

I'm not going to have time to reply to everything at the same time, and i promise i will write more this afternoon, but let's start with the nice points that riotz brought up:

*I had some plans for solving the 3'rd person problem: my map will have a system in wich you can choose to place your ship in orbit around a planet. When you do, you can go to the comm screen on the bridge, and enter it. Then, you will see things in a birds-eye perspective and be able to manage your forces from above.
Micromanagement will also be very easy, since your squad commanders hold the commands for every unit in the group, and you can also order them to follow you. You can station things like turret guards and AA-guns, and they will have a very basic AI for doing things like throwing grenades and calculating threat, to remain independent without your attention.

have any of you guys ever played Battlezone 2 (BEST GAME EVER)?
That is pretty much how it will work, and the comm screen being when you enter the comm bunker.

Anyways, the orbit system will have several benefits; your ship will dissapear from the galactic map, but be visible from an FPS perspective from the ground(!).
You will also be able to send down reinforcements, and with upgrades, as the covenant, you can even glass a selected area fo the planet!

*@Warman: I will not use Halo Wars vessels for this project, I don't like halo wars and i don't consider it to be halo canon.
On the other hand, you will be able to find the covenant deadnought. The game is also very focused on finding new modules for your ships; inside every covenant derelict, there is something of great technology for you to use; it can be a new fire prism, propulsion system, weapon, or whatever. You can ofcourse, also buy conventional modules on allied starbases etc.

IMPORTANT: For those of you planning to draw layouts, REMEMBER: not the whole ships will be playable, only the important parts. You do not have to follow the existing designs, only the key parts like the Halcyon bridge (as seen in pillar of autumn) and such, plan your corridorrs and whatever as you choose. Remember, that playability comes first, i don't want people to get lost in their own ships.

*@Riotz 2: About making two separate teams instead of freelance pilots; I agree, to some extent. i think i will make it 6 teams of two rather than 12 teams of one, or perhaps, 4 teams of three.

@Warman 2: Fighters, like seraphs and longswords, will be used as units that you harbinge inside your ship hangar. You can launch them and have them circle around your ship for defence, or send one or two for a tactical bombardment on a planet while in orbit.

AND BY THE WAY: I will not send the map to any of you yet, since it wil not help you in any way at this point. There is much left to do before we can get a in-team pre-alpha.

Another quick note: The game uses a custom projectile system for all players, including a target lock system, so that you dont have to hammer any aim keys. This is completely object-oriented, and uses rects on all obstractles (not every single doodad, but notable objects) that contains values of minimum and maximum heights. If a bullet enters one of those rects, it's height is compared to the max/min, and simply killed if it hits the obstractle. All bullets have different custom damage types (like plasma, projectile, fire, shock, etc) and units will use a custom shield system (already ingame) that reacts differently to all bullet types.

I hope the projectile system will not stress the engine too much, in that case, i will have to make it more simplified. I would, however, still like to have a vJasser to help me out with this since my sense of code structure is very poor.

EDIT: @Warman 3: Thanks for the ship list, incase you guys want to know, the boarding system will be very unique. The concept is, that you board a ship from different airlocks, and your target will be to destroy enemy subsystems to decrease the ships combat capacity. Once a ship is boarded, both ships will be locked down, and go into reinforced mode (energy from thrusters and eweapons diverted to strengthen defences). The player must now choose what his goal is - to destroy the ship, or to capture it.

As you might have understood, you will be able to purchase modules for your ship, and one of those models will be the "Spatial field destabilizer module".
This module is intended for disturbing the enemy's targetng computer, disallowing them to use things like guided missiles, limiting them to direct line firing weapons like the MAC-gun or the assault carrier energy laser.
If you are tharget of this kind of module, it could be wise to make a tactical boarding operation on the ship, and simply knock out the module from the inside.

This also works very well for disabling the enemys FTL-drive; since if your board is repelled, having knocked out their ability to travel by slipspace will ruin their only means of escape.

If your chioce is to capture the ship, i have started to sketch up some methods for how that would happen.
My original idea was that the captains would respawn through a Clone Bay somewhere in the ship, and disabling this would be a natural way to stop the enemy from reinforcing himself. Also, perhaps i could include a system for simply hacking the bridge mainframe.

Another side note on AI:
AI-systems will be present ingame. A well operating ship will have it's AI give advice and intel on the combat situation (to further help out your lack of overview in an FPS perspective).
A damaged whip though, will mean a damaged AI - the messages from a damaged AI can sometimes be a bit cryptic. Text will start to show up in red, rampant messages will be displayed, and eventually, only large snippets of code unreadable to the human eye.

In the final moments your ship is still in one piece, the AI will have a chance to turn rampant, and take control of your burning wreckage. It will make all defensive systems neutral hostile, and will set the ship course for the nearest star to anhialate itself.

FINAL EDIT: Also, Riotz, it is nice to read you suggestions, but PLEASE, use dots and commas. I can't believe i just read that massive block of text without a single dot.

Last edited:
Level 22
Well, if you don't mind i'd like you to send me and midnighters the map as we're going to be largely involved in this project now. I promise i will not redistribute or use your models anywhere else, period. And on another note i love everything about the map especially the damaged AI idea so let me and mid take a look at the map i will terrain some of the planets and installments, if you'd like i'm actually quite good at terraining. Black Winter is nearly impossible to terrain do to it being snowy terrain and its a 256x256 open map.

So send me the map when possible and i will do whatever is needed terrain, GUI, or anything else.

I think you are overrestimating the ammount of completeness on this map.
I currently have a map file called "Halo Engine Test Map", that include the basics, and the basics only. It has no space in it, no logical structure of starship interior (Just a little bit more than the snippet you have seen in the images), and it is not representative to the game in any way. I can, soon enough, send you both a map including the forerunner doodads incase you want to make a dungeon area, but i can't see how that would contribute to any other than your amusement.
i am a very skilled terrainer myself, so it's not like i need any immediate help.

Theese are the things i want completed before i share the map:

*A Galaxy map

*A fully working group system

*A concept of at least one ship interior in the halo lore

*Someone to help me out with vJass (who is more skilled than i am).

For the galaxy map, just read some about the planets in halo (see warmans post), and figure roughly where in relation to eachother they would be (it doesn't have to be accurate). Try to motivate why your map would contribute to gameplay, and why it makes sense.

For the ship designs, it would help me a LOT if you could come up with ideas of details i sould add to the scenery. For example, embassy room with potted covenant plants, coolant tanks on the walls, fuel storage, consoles and pipework, air presure tanks, captains lounge, starmap holopad, barracks.. you name it!
Just try to make the ship infrastructure make sense. How does the coolant reach the ship hull, or the engines? Would you put the fuel tanks in the front of the ship, when the engines are at back? Where does the ship get it's power from, and is it somehow linked to the reaction in the engines? What different consoles would you have on the bridge, and what would be their purpouse?

I'm not that pecky about those things, but the main goal would be that the ship interiors feel playable. You would need rooms to siege, and distance between proposed airlocks and the bridge (you don't have to go in to details like airlocks though, that, aswell as other details, can ofcourse be fixed later, after feedback). Keep in mind that it is OK to make different floors, i can just put elevators (teleport) in between. The ship should feel like your home.

Level 22
I could do all of that for you or we could work together preferably? I don't care how finished it is, thats what im here for, to help. Or at least send me the open map now so i can see what i have to work with when i or we actually start? So send me the empty map or test map whatever it is and i'll check it out i'll see if i have any brilliant ideas.

And i originally thought this was a map like Black Winter (50% finished)
but that's fine that it's empty and unfinished, it will make for easier implementation of future ideas of mine or your's or midnighters'. Oh i thought of something kool too i thought maybe the only time your in FPS is during the walks around the interior of your ship and during combat you go to birds eye view and during flight. I think this would be the >koolest<(with a K :D) if you only had the FPS view while navigating your ship.

Make sure you send me that damn test map i don't care if you want to wait on it or not we're a team. And i want to see how well everything that's in it works like the FPS and keyboard control. And on the terrain of the ship or planets i will kick massive ass at that for you i don't think you need a layout to make the ship terrain (it takes too long and overplanning usually results in failure).

lol, seems like you don't like first person very much ;)
Planetside battles will have to be first person too; my whole project is based on it. Most of the epic feeling you gain through the huge scenery is gained from your low point of view, and i will not change it.

I understand you are very eager to set your teeth in the new doodads, but still, i am a perfectionist, and will not leave my project to chance.
As i mentioned, the models will be published sometime soon anyways, but i currently don't have access to my own computer, so if i'm to even consider giving it to you now, you'd still have to wait untill next week when i get back from my vaccation.

To make it simple, i can let you toy around with a doodad map that has the movement system implemented, but nothing you do would still be final. When i think of it, it is actually okay, since you could use it for brainstorming.

Amyways, finally, it is not hard to draw. If you have any sense of imagination, you should be able to use your brain to figure out a good layout. because in the end, we will have to start with something that has been come up with through logic, and then adapt the esthetics based on this instead of the other way around. Otherwise, the ship interiors will lack thought and seem flimsy.
It will be quick and painless, and i will get a better picture at what ambitions you have for this project.

Level 22
No i don't want the doodads or the models although i would like them i want to know what i will be working with and no i don't really like first person not on PCs it's very glitchy and unstable its hard to move around in combat situations no i could see myself playing the game half FPS but not everything based around FPS it would be very difficult to perform average and easy actions

Dude, you've seen the images. Give it up already, if you really need it, i can post images of each of them, one and one.
Wouldn't it be nicer to have a playable map to test the first time?

Still, guys, just be patient. Every project has to start somewhere, and i promise, that as soon as we get some concepts of interiors and dungeons, we will have public terraining contests for all of you.

Level 22
You don't understand i will die if i'm not working on a map >.< i have nothing other than work on this map to do atm i just want to chip in asap you've seen my capabilities all that is, is me devoting myself to that project and now i'm doing with this one. I don't want to wait to begin but your the boss so if that's what is needed then A-OK i'll be fine with it.
I'll go back to marketing Black Winter which is working pretty poorly for such a good map :( i guess i'll work on a website

I look forward to working with you.

Level 6
I have completed an interior layout for the Halcyon Class Cruiser. it includes locations of rooms and corridors as well as layouts for the rooms. each room would be a realistic representation of it's proper area in Halo: CE

Attachments

• Halcyon Class Interior.PNG
    Halcyon Class Interior.PNG
    662.1 KB · Views: 177
The presentation is good, but as i said before, the interiors will not be precise replicas of the halo CE versions. There are issues with this, most obvious being that halo CE was more or less an "on-rail" shooter where you had a designated path rather than a ship as a whole.
Also, i think that image is from nikon-bungie.net. I recognize it.

Here's a few issues with your image (the original halo concept) that i wanted to get away from in my game:

*The rooms are not linked. I don't really need to see the rooms one by one, i could do all this myself in halo.

*The rooms are too big. As i said, i don't want people to get lost in their own ships. I would encourage you to, rather than make excact copies of the ships in the game, to imagine your own layouts. The brdge is fine though, i will have it just like that, but i have already terrained it in my map.

*The rooms fill no/little purpouse. Surely, i will have hangars and so on, but in this layout is very little of what i wanted to include.

My problem designing this was, that i had a lot of different rooms, but no idea of how to spread them in a balanced way around the ship. What shapes would the rooms have? How would they be linked to eachother? How should i plan attack/escape routes?

Anyway, keep sending ideas, i'll write back this afternoon again.

Level 22
I don't understand why you need images for this, just do the terrain if it looks like shit recreate it and then if it looks good copy the concept for any of the same ships.

Btw whenever you're ready for me to start working send me a PM.

Level 8
Wow... This guy REALLY wants to work on this project, or get sent the map.

Well great screenies good luck.

@Riotz: BECAUSE, if warman would have created a terrain based on that image, he would have done it wrong, since he would have misunderstood me. It would have been a total waste of time and work, and i for one get sick of wasting time just playing around.

@Yabooer: Indeed, *sigh*.
Thank you, and i hope you keep subscribing to this ;)

Level 8
Well here you go Fing I'll help you out.

Riot, he its trying to say this in this nicest way possible, but he doesn't need your help. He will most likely not need your help, if he does require it he will PM you with info, reminding him will not make him need more help.

If you're so involved in other projects, why don't you start a thread and get people excited for your projects?

@Yabooer, well, maybe that's pretty much it.

I am a good terrainer, modeler, and mapmaker. The only two things i need for this, as i have said several times, is concept and scripting.
And Riotz, the fact that you have 9 other unfinished projects going isn't comforting me one bit.
You guys can still help me brainstorm and come up with ideas. I have given lots of guidance on how you can contribute to this, so stick to it. It is all very appreciated.

@Blek: Thanks, that's nice to hear.

Level 8
@Yabooer, well, maybe that's pretty much it.

I am a good terrainer, modeler, and mapmaker. The only two things i need for this, as i have said several times, is concept and scripting.
And Riotz, the fact that you have 9 other unfinished projects going isn't comforting me one bit.
You guys can still help me brainstorm and come up with ideas. I have given lots of guidance on how you can contribute to this, so stick to it. It is all very appreciated.

@Blek: Thanks, that's nice to hear.

first off let me say it looks spectacular

Second, im not picking sides but im confused now...the thread says its dead yet you (Fingolfin) are now practically implying that you are still working on it so which is it? again it looks good and hopefully it gets finished one way or another

Thank you. :)
The project is indeed dead, or at least "dead but dreaming" (lol, i'm a big Lovecraft fan), but some people started expressing interrest in this map, and offered their help.

So i said, that if people have some spare time, they could come up with ideas for it, incase i should ever continue on it. I explained what people could do to help, and some people started taking things for a little more than what they were, and claimed that we were a team.

As for the moment, there is no team, even though warman is a candidate since he published the most useful stuff and listened most to what i said.
If, however, an experienced jasser would turn up, then maybe this map would go somewhere.
I'm not working on this map and have not done so in about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.