• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Guardian - Book-to-Campaign-Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Didn't do too much testing really, I just trust that the systems will work otherwise I have to fix every bug 2 times (on for the german, the other for the english version).

Translation is going much better than expected: 30% done so far. If I keep up this pace and shit doesn't explode too much when playtesting it again I will release it on August 9th. If something doesn't work out it will be August 16th as planned (has to be a Sunday evening/night because weekends are when I can spend most of the time with the project

Level 28
I've finished the translation and I will start replaying both lagunage versions around half a dozen times and hopefully be done by Sunday. Only problem is: Patch 1.24. I can't open any campaign (not even the original Blizzard DemoCampaign) so I'll probably be doing all the fixes with 1.23. I'm getting a "trigger function does not exist in database: savegamecachebj"-error. Reinstalling didn't do any good.

Level 13
Hmm, i was just wondering. Did patch 1.24 give you problem with this campaign? Or wont it affect campaigns because u jass in a different way? (not sure about if u jass in a different way. Just think i heard it somewhere.)

Level 28
The thing is that I don't do any jass, I use standard-GUI-triggers, though I may borrow some jass-spells off this site (though,last thing I remember there weren't really any complicated imports of this kind). Funny thing is, I can't even open the DemoCampaign made by Blizzard, but I tried one of the new, smaller campaigns (Pandaria) here on the Hive and it works.

Yesterday evening I finished the first two missions and so far I noticed only one bug that MIGHT be 1.24-related (nothing major really, should be fixable easily), but the more complicated missions (3,6,7) are still to be tested.

Anyway, I'm playing the campaing on 1.24 and I will fix all bugs after a reinstall with 1.23. Not sure how often I'll have to play the campaign to kill enough bugs to satisfy me. First playthrough will tell, probably on Saturday.

Level 13
Hmm well. If you dont jass, im almost sure its not 1.24 related. That was mostly a problem for jassers, and holy shit they complained a lot. Dont think this new patch is a good thing. But for us using GUI, its not really that big a deal. :D

Level 19
Omg I've been waiting for this game for like, ages after reading the book, finally it's out, good luck on the map!

Level 28
I'm currently ignoring the fact that there ever was a 1.24-patch and playing and fixing the campaign with 1.23. First playthrough of the german language version revealed around 140 grammar and spelling errors and around 13 normal bugs (one of which sadly was a blocker-bug again ...)

If the next german playthrough goes as expected (less than 20 language errors and around 5 simple bugs) I will play the campaign in english, once again, quickly and then release it.

I expect a release in 5 - 7 days.

Level 13
I dont think it will cause too many problems on either of 1.23 and 1.24. I guess everyone will be happy :D But if theres going to be problems with one i certainly hope its going to be 1.23. Cus people can just keep their game up to date -_-

Level 28
As far as I see it it wont matter which version you have, it will be playable for everyone. You'll just not be able to open it in the editor with 1.24 (or maybe it's just me but i tried it on 3 different computers).

Almost finished the current playthrough. Around 35 language errors and hopefully not more than the current 5 bugs so far.
I'll probably do two real-quick (skipping cinematics, cheating when possible) playthroughs once this is done so the project is as bugfree as it can without driving me crazy. I guess friday is a good day to release it.

Level 21
Sweet. A release date and everything works out in the end.
I hope you solve your bug problems and those errors soon.

Level 28
Last edited:
Level 9
English version bug:

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.