• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dof's Warcraft Hero Arena - In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Dof's Warcraft Hero Arena
By: Dofys

This map is the first game I'm making. It is in Alpha and will not be Beta anytime soon. The genre is half hero arena and dungeon-based arena. (The gameplay/objective part will explain the reason for the type.)

Gameplay/Objective
The objective is...well...haven't decide yet.

Ok, for the gameplay is the same as hero arena (2 teams, Red & Blue, for this) except there will be actual advantages and disadvantages for melee and ranged heroes alike. For example: Ranged heroes may sometimes miss attacking an enemy on high ground. If it does then it will give a chance for that enemy to run off to somewhere. Now, for the dungeon-based rpg parts, players will have a chance to go raid dungeons. All they did to do is go west from there starting point, which I will show with screenshots sooner or later. The dungeon bosses or "raid bosses" have unique gameplay that will let players experience "true teamwork" because I won't simply make a hero arena where a player can solo everything. I will make it where the bosses are tough and that the players will beg for help from their teammates. Then again, I'll put up a floating text at the dungeon entrance. So, after the players defeat a dungeon boss, a "loot shop" will appear and you will earn a certain amount of lumber to buy the loot.. A loot shop is a shop where players buy there rewards. You may call it boss drops or whatever. After that you have to wait thirty seconds before you can engage the boss. To start a boss fight, hit a lever in the room your in. For the room, all bosses will have there own.

Extra gameplay

There will be extras in the game where players can fight the mysterious "Arena Master". Well...not so mysterious when you come to challenge it. (Screenshots below for the arena master). Well I guess thats it....for now.

Features!!!

-Terrain Arenas: Teams (Red & Blue) will go to their respective circle of power in the battle arena and will teleport to a small or big arena with terrain. For example: A player enters a battlefield between orcs and humans. (Halfway done)
-Classes: Marksman, Guardian, Lore-master, Champion, Burglar, (still thinking 2 more classes)
Strange names eh? Well I've got tired of the old rpg names so I've came up with this.
-Levers that can unleash boss-type monsters to the battlefield. (In development)
-Item types: A hero can only carry one items of each type. They are: Hand, Weapon, Head, Feet, Accessory. Why isn't Body-type items included? Because theres only one slot left and it would be a good idea for potions to stack . I was thinking of making an item backpack but I'm not a big fan of JASS since at my level, I won't understand the big stuff.
-Item coding: Use color for item levels. Yellow: Uncommon Blue: Rare Purple: Legendary Brown: Epic. Might add an Artifact type, but I'll think about that later once I finish with all the items and bosses.

Extra Info regarding balancing etc. etc.
Balancing for fighting other players - Well I'm going to configure the given stats from the attributes in Gameplay Constant. Therefore, a player won't be an overpowered freak.
Balancing for Boss Fights - Bosses will be ordinary units not heroes. Well, some challenging bosses might be heroes, if you want a pretty good-gear to kill.

Credits (currently)
-xxmorph3usxx: Attachment TFT weapon model pack. (Used for certain items.)
-Boeserteddy: Boss system & gameplay for GUI.

Progress:
Terrain: 32%
Units: 10% :emote_mad:
Triggers: 26%
Spells: 0% :emote_scared:
Items: 16%

If theres any information I need to add, I'll be glad to edit this post. If you don't understand something ask me. If you got a suggestion, please pm me.

Screenshots (will add more as the map development progresses)

Last edited:
Level 1
I was wondering, after the players kill a boss, do they have to actually spend gold to get their loot? And how many players will it be? Anyway, sounds like a new and fun type of arena I'd very much like to try it.

Level 5
That question reminds to add the answer in. No, they earn a certain amount of lumber after defeating a raid boss. Then they can buy a loot. Gold is what you get killing a hero or creep and lumber is what you get from killing a raid boss. However, you can only but one loot. For example: You earn 10 lumber, but for each loot on this loot shop, it cost 10 lumber. So you got to choose which item to use the lumber on. Then again you can keep raiding to earn the lumber. But thats the problem of which I'm trying to solve with my friends. Then again, that can be solve by putting 2 or 3 other bosses in the same dungeon. Since a certain loot item can be suited for your hero class. For example: "1 dollar staff" Effects: +4 Int, +50 Mana, "Kill all people in range Aura". So, since this gives off mana and intelligence. This item is suited for spellcasters or classes with valuable auto-cast spells which can prove good to the team. Note: That item does not exist in the game.

Maximum Number of Players: 10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.