• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #7 - Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
IMHO, this is gibberish since music is supposed to create stuff in your mind when listened to, not be accompanied by a piece of text which can destroy any attempt to let your mind consider the harmony's message. It's not a movie, you know...

@AditTechno much better!
I'LL HAVE YOU ARRESTED IT'S IN THE RULES!
No honestly, do what you feel, I'm sure nobody minds. Although, it might make your music more relatable to the judges in terms of "How well does it demonstrate the feeling of the theme".

Level 19
That would be a shame! Perhaps you can take on judging, though.

I think I'll be one of the judges, I've had the talks with @Naze

IMHO, this is gibberish since music is supposed to create stuff in your mind when listened to, not be accompanied by a piece of text which can destroy any attempt to let your mind consider the harmony's message. It's not a movie, you know...

@AditTechno much better!

Though I understand your point, I think the composers should give us what they thought about when they created the music in their minds, as an instructor. We will still feel and understand what we would normally, but we will know what they had in mind as well. And since the contest theme is quite vast and can be taken in any ways, I think it'd be better if they write down what they referred to while creating the music because it'll be their context too.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I am a music producer, would love to participate in this!!!
Only three more days to submit a WiP and the final piece :(

==================================================

EDIT:
Realm of Heathens:
Paganism has been an important role in the society of man since ancient times. It had greatly faded due to other religious and philosophical currents being more attractive. Between the 19th and 21st century, it was awoken by few people in some countries as an act of returning to the ancient roots and keeping old traditions alive. Later, heathenism became an important part of the rock (metal) music genre in Germanic and Slavic countries. Although the word refers to more than polytheism, it has been mostly used on such peoples in and near Christian lands.
The song depicts, in some manner, the migration of paganism through time with its twists and turns. The auditor might imagine any fit place and its constant change by the factors of the fourth dimension.

--------------------------------------------------
Still had no inspiration to modify the last part of the strings solo...
Tried rerecording to make the guitar fit the rhythm.

Attachments

• deepstrasz-realm of heathens.mp3
    10.9 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Level 1
I would like to hand in my final submission for this contest. Hope you all enjoy it, if you have any suggestions please tell me :)

Attachments

• Battlefields of Eternity Final.mp3
    10.9 MB · Views: 144
Level 16
This is my entry.
Is about that feeling when you wake up earlier than your mates of jourtney and start looking at the mountains you'll have to cross to complete the mission, after that, you start waking up your mates and have breakfast. Then you start the walk between the mountains, knowing that this is the sofest part of the quest and forheward, difficult fights are waiting for you and your mates.

Attachments

• KayS - AlphaBBY.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 11
However, see the screenshot:

Attachments

• Guitar Improvisation.png
    Guitar Improvisation.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 127
Level 28
What about this one? It's called Palace Orchestra.

Alright now it has a suitable theme. I'm sorry to say but it also sounds too much like you cropped sound files that already existed in your computer for me to accept it as an entry now. You know you should create a new song for this contest specifically, right? Your Palace Orchestra track is a fairly well executed classical piece that has a bunch of layered instruments and a good live recording, so it's hard for us to believe you composed, played and recorded this just now. Perhaps you may want to upload other entry (you still have more than 24 hours until te end of the contest) or somehow prove that Palace Orchestra was your composition.

Reminder of the rules here:
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • No former works can be submitted, the piece must be new and created to fit the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.