• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moderators scaring away newcomers (maps)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:ccry::ccry::ccry::ccry::ccry: bb hiveworkshop... :ccry: i'll get banned... :ccry: why the moderators dont give me a chance... :ccry: only because my maps are bad... :ccry::ccry::ccry::ccry::ccry:

Level 35
This thread is seriously getting out of hand.

What the esdeemed new users never seem to get is the following: Noone forces anyone to upload their maps here and only because you think your map is perfect, the moderation team consistant of experts, whose duty is to sort out lacking quality might think otherwise.

By ticking the box "I agree with abiding the site rules", you also agree to abide to the way the moderation deals with issues and that your map will go through their filtering. This behaviour, stirring up drama, spamming and behaving in a totally immature way will sure as hell won't get you any kind of positive award.

Level 3
err zombie2279,
i NEVER sad that my maps are '' Perfekt ''

EDIT: that is no joke that General Frank will ban me and this is why im crying
and Linaze ,
test map for clans^^ is my map

Level 25
btw said* "perfect"*

Davjo, that was not the point I believe.
1-You uploaded a map that was not very good, you even said it yourself. (everything is fine until now)
2-after it got rejected, you are uploading other people work without permission. (against the rules).
3- now you are whining and acting childish because you got a couple of warnings

your solution: apologize, stop uploading maps that does not belong to you, stop the whining, you already know that you are not a talented map maker so live with it

this doesn't mean you cant make maps anymore. make maps if you want but if they are crappy expect them to be rejected.

Level 3
the map '' test map for clans^^ '' is a map that YOU can fix and you get every 45 sec a new house^^

If we accepted low-quality resources, then the server would reach over it's harddrive quota very quickly.
So that's one of the reasons why the site has it's standards. Other reasons are like "they just suck ass due to it's low quality" or "they're stolen from someone else" etc.
If you submit stuffs that we find crappy, we reject them.
So you have three choices after that.

1) Going apeshit and constantly spamming, flamming and ranting, which will get you banned.

2) Start learning to improve. You can do that through tutorials, search for help in the appropriate forums or look in open source maps for inspiration. You can also try experimenting with the World Editor's features yourself.

3) Don't submit at all, at least not in our database.

Number 2 (lol number 2) is the most encouraging choice as we do want more modders in our site. We just don't want any crappy stuffs.

Also, we have this place if you wish to get some help in mapping.

I suppose this message can apply to models/skins/icons as well, since some people tend to submit their first resource and go like "This is mah first skin, waddya think? :thumbs_up:" and hoping to get some praise for their crap.

i am just gonna tell you from my own experience
my first 4? 5? models were rejected flat out
anyone remember that shitty silent hill nurse model? that was me. anyhows, when i posted it, the general opinion was that "u suck shit. stfunooblrn2model". so i bit down hard and learnt to model properly (sorta...)

so when a mod shits on you, it's for a goddamn reason. its for you to improve yourself. if you feel that you are being discriminated against, then here is an advice for ya. STFU and lrn to model/map/skin/icon/spell cos no-one likes a whiney ass loser

Level 15
Hi, Davjo, there's nothing wrong with making a bad map. No one will (or atleast a moderator wouldn't I hope...) make fun of you for it. Whenever they reject a map, they generally give reasons why the map is rejected. Instead of complaining, breaking rules (which is why you're going to be banned, not for uploading a bad map), and being a complete baby, take what they said and work on your map to make it better. Don't just settle with crap and try to force us to deal with it.

Hell, if you get banned, none of us would honestly care. It's one less loser who complains when his maps get rejected and he breaks rules that are common sense. If you want a newb modding site, I suggest you http://www.google.com wc3unlimited (you can't link to bad forums anymore on the hive? y)

Level 31
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They will ban me because i made bad maps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
But i made a cool map and Linaze says that isnt my map but it is my map

1) You flame moderator when your map get rejected and you flame user when they told you to use map development.
2) Instead of accepting the map moderator decision, you gone berserk and spam the entire map section with map that are not even belong to you.

Honestly enough, the reason why you are punish is because you are acting like a jerk. Not because you upload poor quality map.

Hiveworkshop and wc3c have quality control at their resources, it ain't like thehelper, nibbits or epicwar where every kind of map would be accepted. If you do not like rejection, improve it after it been rejected by mod and remember to ensure your map quality was at least at decent standard before you upload it again in the future.

You agree to abide the rules, then make sure you do abide the rules or face the consequences for breaking the rules.

Level 14
zombie2279 said:
...the moderation team consistant of experts...
You lost me there.
Dan Van Ohllus said:
If we accepted low-quality resources, then the server would reach over it's harddrive quota very quickly.
I'm sorry, but the staff already does. Numerous users get their icons and stuff approved just because corresponding models are approved, regardless of how poorly made the icons themselves are. Furthermore, there are some deathly awful textures that get approved and some really OK ones that get rejected -- all because the author has less than 100 rep and their name is unrecognizable. There are the exceptions of course, the obvious "This person submitted, auto-approved" people, but ignoring them there's very little consistency between staff members with regards to handling resources per the rules.

It is a problem, and it needs to be fixed. A very angry child in the first post won't be getting it done, but it is a standing issue. The fact that Poot finally made it against the rules to submit another person's work is sheer brilliance; I've been preaching that since day 1 and the fact that it was accepted at last is a true step in the right direction. A lot of you could use to take him as a closer exemplar of the rules and how things should be handled.

For starters, with closing this thread. It makes no sense to keep it open, virtually the entire staff has posted the same bloody thing in here in their own type. The guy is clearly not bright enough to get the picture, quit wasting your time.

Last edited:

V.I

V.I

Level 5
That seems, if anything very nihilistic, Dusk. Instead of posting our concerns about the moderation team here, what would you suggest, then?

V.I

V.I

Level 5
I'm more than ready to be disagreed with, it's the bane of every good debate. I'm not prepared for moderators to come into the thread and derail/cause it to go askew, though: it doesn't really seem right or fair for the people that have taken the time to bring the -- supposed -- issue to the public eye.

Last edited:
Level 14
V.I said:
That seems, if anything very nihilistic, Dusk. Instead of posting our concerns about the moderation team here, what would you suggest, then?
En_Fuego said:
Moderation problems should be posted in Admin Contact/dealt with by PM.
This. It is inappropriate to post moderation issues here unless you have already done so in AC and been ignored by the admins. If they have handled it there, then posting it here in desperation is spam and will be dealt with accordingly.

It is always unwise and unsportsmanlike to bring the accused to the public venue and attack them there. It invalidates your argument because it appears more as a public bash/whine session than a discussion.

V.I

V.I

Level 5
Oh. Didn't realise this was already posted in administration contact, in that case, it moots my point.

Thanks for pointing it out, though.

Level 15
Still, there's no reason to bring it to the public eye. People either do or don't care, most of the time they don't (that's where newbies usually get pissed off at). It's better off if you post in Admin Contact because that's the root of the solution. If the admin's agree with you, then they'll get it done. If they don't, then oh well.

Taking it to the public isn't important. The only real opinion is the admin opinion.

EDIT: I hate when I afk from my keyboard during posts and shit gets resolved without me...

Level 14
There are, of course, exceptions - where something is truly unjust or needs fixing and yet the admins disagree with you. That is actually the reason why this forum even exists, to discuss topics of concern to the site such as award icon styles and so forth, not complain about moderators you think are unjust.

Level 24
If you have a complaint with a map moderator, or any moderator at all, please talk either directly to him/her regarding your problem, or take it to the administration to handle, do not create whinage threads like this, they only make the situation it worse for you.

I think what he is trying to say is that there's nothing wrong with warning people first, if they keep doing it then 'negative rep' (whatever that is) them. I don't see the hive as an elitist website, otherwise I wouldn't have signed up, so lets not turn into one...?

There's a set of rules which users are supposed to read to and agree to. If they defy one of those rules then they will be punished. If they don't read the rules and learn to understand them then that's their loss.

Level 6
Like we need any more of them, more than 45k?

Every great mapper started off as a newbie. scaring a newbie away is scaring a potentially excellent mapper away. and just as two brains are better than one, 90k brains are better than 45k.

faust_20.png

that wasn't serious, i understand that people shouldnt complain about unfair treatment if they havent read the site rules.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I, honestly, don't have the spirit to read this thread right now, so let me just give a direct answer: it is not my fault that users skip the rules they're supposed to read, agree with and follow.
I give negative reputation when the forum rules are broken, why should I not use it on resource sections too? I can also «scare away newcomers» on forums, so my statement applies to any section I moderate, in case you or someone has said anything about them or is planning to.
Anytime a multi-uploading occurs, all comments, ratings and votes are lost.

...And this was more than I wanted to say (I would have rather sticked with the first paragraph only...).

Status
Not open for further replies.