• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[2015+] -> Post Ready To Be Moderated Maps Here <-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
We map reviewers must never be affected by things like: "This is a map posted by my friend" or "This is a continuation of a series of cinematics of old days". I'm surprised that Shar gave it a full 5/5 and that he claims to have found no issues. Is it because it carries the title "The Bloodline" or because it really deserves 5/5 for you (honesty please!)? I, who never say the other episodes of Bloodline, gave it the lowest rating most probably because I don't consider this series special for me and it's just one of the many cinematics I review as a map reviewer.

Level 21
Calm down Shar please, I had no intention to say I didn't like your review or that your review is wrong. I was simply "surprised" and asked a very simple question with totally no offense and you took it excessively badly. I never insinuated you're a liar or that your review was horrible. Although I didn't watch the rest of the parts, it doesn't mean I cannot judge how the cinematic develops, the terrain or how the characters feel to me. That's the job of a map reviewer.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Although I didn't watch the rest of the parts, it doesn't mean I cannot judge how the cinematic develops

Actually, it does. It's senseless to watch just one and expect to understand anything at all.

Level 21
If you read my review carefully, I didn't talk about the story but about how I think the characters were, how the terrain looked and overall how the cinematic felt to me. A map reviewer should be able to do such things. I don't think I need to see the other episodes to judge these categories.

Level 21
This is insinuating that I'm a noob reviewer then. Thinking that one cannot review a cinematic based on what he watched is just wrong in my opinion (always my damn opinion). How can you say that I cannot judge characters? I can deduce very clearly how a character is in one full episode without the need of seeing other episodes. Seeing their reactions, how they talk and their deeds make it evident how the characters are (I even judged them positively). The only thing I cannot judge (and which I actually did NOT judge) is the story yet for the rest, it's possible. If you think it's impossible, it does NOT mean nobody is able to do so. You took it wrong Shar, if I wanted to say you're a liar, I would've clearly said "You're a liar". Asking for honesty doesn't necessarily mean I don't believe you or that you're lying.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

(4) Muddied Rivers

I did not vote as I am not confident with melee map standards, it seems approvable to me, depending on the standards.

EDIT: Considering Imperator's comment after mine, it might not be approvable.

Status
Not open for further replies.