• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest #32 - Poll

Choose the best entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hive-logo-m-png.335473

ct_modeling-png.311497
contest-png.311487
32-png.349953
thread_poll-png.311518

mc32h2-png.351062

art by Botos Vlad.

grand-prix-chill-png.349955

optionally-paired-png.351331

Create a model of a unit riding a mount or vehicle of your choice. Classic submissions only.

The mount can be anything, as long as it handles all the displacement for the rider.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
  • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll will not prevent one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 55 reputation points.
  • 2nd place: 40 reputation points.
  • 3rd place: 25 reputation points.
  • Entry: 10 reputation points.
  • Judge: 10 reputation points per entry.
The three winning teams will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_entries-png.311509

Download All Entries!

other_judges-png.311510

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Mesh
How does the mesh look aesthetically? How are its proportions, its balance and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution?/15

Skin
How good is the wrap? Are custom textures appealing? How adequate are the in-game chosen textures? Are they blurry/stretched? Do the tones go well together?/15

Animations
How natural, smooth and appropriate are the animations? If they're custom, how well are they executed? Do they have physical coherence? Do they have character/personality? If they are imported, how appropriate was the animation choice? How hard is it to relate it to the original in that case?/15

Effects
How adequate are the particle/ribbon/etc effects? Do they contribute to the model? Are they impressive? Are they added in good measure? Did the model need more?/15

Theme
How well does the model fit the theme? Is there a clear distinction between the rider and the vehicle/mount?/15

Mechanics
How well does the model work in-game? Are the animations recognizable in-game? Does it feature attachments/footprints/collisions/etc? Is it fully selectable?/10

Creativity
How original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution?/15

/100

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on 23rd May 2020 and conclude on 6th June 2020.

Assigned Staff: @Mythic

Contest | Results

Attachments

• Model Contest 32 Entries.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 333
Level 14
Wow! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a contest with this many truly great models. I honestly don’t think I can vote for one. I am seriously trying to come up with storylines and reasons to add some of them to my campaign. They are that good. Good job everyone.

Level 50
I literally changed 4 new scratch made entries until I uploaded this one. I want to hear some opinions whether I was wrong by going with this idea or I should've finished some of these models and submit them as an entry.

1-png.355695
2-png.355696
3-png.355697
And the undead "little Timmy" 'riding' the meatwagon. :D
4a-png.355698
4b-png.355699

About the other entries, just like everyone said all of the entries are nicely made and I'm glad everyone made it to submit their entries! This was a fun contest.

Level 51
I just want to say, no matter who wins this contest, I wish I could vote for them all. It's honestly one of the best contests in a long time. You're all victors, congrats!

Wow! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a contest with this many truly great models. I honestly don’t think I can vote for one. I am seriously trying to come up with storylines and reasons to add some of them to my campaign. They are that good. Good job everyone.

It's been a long while since I've looked at a poll on this forum and I have to say the quality of these subissions is through the roof.

I totally second that. I'm proud of all of you guys, this contest was amazing and so much fun! I'm also super glad to see veteran modellers and "newer" guys both submitting entries. I see a bright future for the next contests :) Let's hope the themes are as accesible as well.

I literally changed 4 new scratch made entries until I uploaded this one. I want to hear some opinions whether I was wrong by going with this idea or I should've finished some of these models and submit them as an entry.

About the other entries, just like everyone said all of the entries are nicely made and I'm glad everyone made it to submit their entries! This was a fun contest.

As many others said, the second one is my favourite (although all of them are great). I'm a sucker for clever face texture usage and the mount is also really unique. Third one was great too, but the texture quality was not amazing (not your fault really).

Still, the bandit mage is awesome too, so don't sell yourself short, dummie.

Status
Not open for further replies.