1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modeling Contest #32 - Poll

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by Mythic, May 23, 2020.

?

Choose the best entry!

This poll will close on Jun 6, 2020 at 12:27 PM.
  1. Maximal - Ancient Sandlord

4.4%
  2. Stefan.K - Bandit Mage

4.4%
  3. Mythic & Murlocologist - MM20 Stormforger

31.1%
  4. PROXY & A.R. - Illidari Felreaper

28.9%
  5. BoatyMcBoatface300 - Panda Wukong

13.3%
  6. Direfury - Gnome Dragonrider

17.8%
  1. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

art by Botos Vlad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Create a model of a unit riding a mount or vehicle of your choice. Classic submissions only.

The mount can be anything, as long as it handles all the displacement for the rider.

[​IMG]
    • Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
      If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
    • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
    • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
    • Participating in the poll will not prevent one from being disqualified.
    • Judges are not allowed to vote.
    You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

[​IMG]
    • 1st place: 55 reputation points.
    • 2nd place: 40 reputation points.
    • 3rd place: 25 reputation points.
    • Entry: 10 reputation points.
    • Judge: 10 reputation points per entry.
    The three winning teams will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

[​IMG]

Download All Entries!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mesh How does the mesh look aesthetically? How are its proportions, its balance and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution? /15
    Skin How good is the wrap? Are custom textures appealing? How adequate are the in-game chosen textures? Are they blurry/stretched? Do the tones go well together? /15
    Animations How natural, smooth and appropriate are the animations? If they're custom, how well are they executed? Do they have physical coherence? Do they have character/personality? If they are imported, how appropriate was the animation choice? How hard is it to relate it to the original in that case? /15
    Effects How adequate are the particle/ribbon/etc effects? Do they contribute to the model? Are they impressive? Are they added in good measure? Did the model need more? /15
    Theme How well does the model fit the theme? Is there a clear distinction between the rider and the vehicle/mount? /15
    Mechanics How well does the model work in-game? Are the animations recognizable in-game? Does it feature attachments/footprints/collisions/etc? Is it fully selectable? /10
    Creativity How original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution? /15
    /100

Results calculation

• Judgement: 70%
    • Poll: 30%
    FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

[​IMG]
    The poll shall begin on 23rd May 2020 and conclude on 6th June 2020.

Assigned Staff: @Mythic

Contest | Results

Attached Files:

2. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just want to say, no matter who wins this contest, I wish I could vote for them all. It's honestly one of the best contests in a long time. You're all victors, congrats!

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Excellent submissions, all. Good luck!

4. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good job to all of the contestants, these are some awesome additions.

5. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a contest with this many truly great models. I honestly don’t think I can vote for one. I am seriously trying to come up with storylines and reasons to add some of them to my campaign. They are that good. Good job everyone.

6. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's been a long while since I've looked at a poll on this forum and I have to say the quality of these subissions is through the roof.

7. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I literally changed 4 new scratch made entries until I uploaded this one. I want to hear some opinions whether I was wrong by going with this idea or I should've finished some of these models and submit them as an entry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the undead "little Timmy" 'riding' the meatwagon. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About the other entries, just like everyone said all of the entries are nicely made and I'm glad everyone made it to submit their entries! This was a fun contest.

8. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Stefan.K
    The second one is pretty awesome. But I think the one you submitted was the best.

9. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Stefan.K the meat wagon looks interesting.
    My favorite is the second. I adore the texture usage, especially the Myrmidon's for the Murloc. I think I'd have preferred it over the mage.

10. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I changed that naga texture for the murloc. Used Hydra's one instead.

11. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Best of luck to you all :]

12. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Stefan.K You had an undead little Timmy riding a meat Wagon, and you thought that's not brilliant???? I feel like you dropped the ball there man, and deserve some negative rep. :)))

13. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think that does not matter now, since all of the entries are better then mine.

14. Xelos

Xelos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Štefan i vote for third version , your can call him kulak hunter,

15. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Good job guys, the results are really good!

16. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I totally second that. I'm proud of all of you guys, this contest was amazing and so much fun! I'm also super glad to see veteran modellers and "newer" guys both submitting entries. I see a bright future for the next contests :) Let's hope the themes are as accesible as well.

As many others said, the second one is my favourite (although all of them are great). I'm a sucker for clever face texture usage and the mount is also really unique. Third one was great too, but the texture quality was not amazing (not your fault really).

Still, the bandit mage is awesome too, so don't sell yourself short, dummie.

17. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I hate to say this, but I don't vote :peasant-neutral:
    Why you didn't allowed multiple votes? at least 3 choices needed for this contest.