• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest #33 - Poll

Choose the best entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hive-logo-m-png.335473

ct_modeling-png.311497
contest-png.311487
33-png.358599

thread_poll-png.311518

mc33-header-2-png.358848

thirst-for-blood-png.358601

>> Download All Entries! <<

All the predators and executioners gather in a storm, united by a common thirst.

Contestants were to create a model exhibiting bloodlust. Classic submissions only.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
  • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus of 5%.
  • Participating in the poll will not prevent disqualification.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement about what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 55 reputation points
  • 2nd place: 40 reputation points
  • 3rd place: 25 reputation points
  • Entry: 10 reputation points
  • Judge: 10 reputation points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_judges-png.311510

other_entries-png.311509

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Mesh
How does the mesh look aesthetically? How are its proportions, its balance and scale? How coherent is polygon distribution?/15

Skin
How good is the wrap? Are custom textures appealing? How adequate are the in-game chosen textures? Are they blurry/stretched? Do the tones go well together?/15

Animations
How natural, smooth and appropriate are the animations? If they're custom, how well are they executed? Do they have physical coherence? Do they have character/personality? If they are imported, how appropriate was the animation choice? Does the model have enough animations to function properly?/15

Effects
How adequate are the particle/ribbon/etc effects added? Do they contribute to the model? Are they impressive? Are they added in good measure? Did the model need more?/10

Theme
How well does the model exhibit bloodthirst?/15

Mechanics
How well does the model work in-game? Are the animations recognizable in-game? Does it feature attachments/footprints/collisions/etc? Is it fully selectable?/10

Creativity
How original is the general idea? How inventive is the execution? How well does the model fit in the game environment?/20

/100

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on 22nd October 2020 and conclude on 5th November 2020 GMT.

Assigned Staff: @Mythic

Contest | Results

Attachments

• MC33 Entries.rar
    301.9 KB · Views: 207

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Just a short bit here... I believe the "Eldritch Covenant" is almost certainly the best model of the 3 (in terms of mesh/animation/sfx/texture/etc). However, I'm not a Judge, and I personally put a *lot* of stock into how useful I personally find something to be. The EC is super cool but it's also really pushing the boundaries of "Classic" IMO (no offense Mythic, I already told you all this), while the King of the Dead feels like something I could just plop right into the standard game & not notice a difference. (Loktar, your Temple is super keen but something about the textures makes me feel more "doodad-y" with it. Love the bloody skeleton, though).

So my vote goes towards the KotD.

Excellent work, all!

They're allowed, as long as it's not for themselves. :] Judges are not allowed to vote at all.
Ah good :p

Damn, I just noticed I messed up the channel animation with the skeleton in my last edit right before the end of the contest. The blood is floating up instead of falling down. I'll fix it later but too late for the contest I guess.

Is it ok to update the bundle on Hive before the end of the poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.