1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modeling Contest #26 - STEAMPUNK

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by MiniMage, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icewolf055

icewolf055

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Uhm... Too many unexpected-things happened :xxd:

@HappyCockroach, your model is pretty cool tho it misses 1 animation (i think?) and when he lands on the ground in morph alternate animation, his wings fly forward which alittle bit weird (for me xD), over all, this is an unique one :D

And after reading the whole story (and looking at Minimage's model), tho saying "this is OK" is not fair for other contestant BUT since the rules dont include it and the animations of Minimage's model are not the big deal coz they're alittle bit simple (i am not saying they're not good, the model just doesnt need complex animations ;) ) so i guess it would be alittle bit un-fair for other people and the unfairness in this is very small (in my opinion :D), i think you shouldnt withdraw your entry. I like this model too ^^

After this we should avoid something like this from happening again.

paired contest sounds interesting too but... i have no assistant :xxd:

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @HappyCockroach: Dang, missed those animations; they look pretty schweet so far. I love the big cog-wheels in his core. :p

It's not a matter of 'confusion' or 'mixed messages'. Honestly, we are all your peers & equals in this contest (if not subordinates), so listening to any one of us is bound to mess things up; this sort of judgement should require not the milling voice of the masses, but a symbol of authority.

i.e. Just get Ralle or something to come down & make a judgement call; no big deal. But anyway, let it be clear that there are no hard feelings here about this. : )

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
  4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  5. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't know anyone who would respond within hours. Usually it takes a day or two.
    Eh, I guess I'll withdraw the withdrawal and just set it to "Pending a decision" or something.

There's literally just an hour and 39 minutes left until the contest ends.

6. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Alright, it seems like we'll roll with the idea of giving me a penalty in the area of animation for my entry and keep it in there just so that we wont have so few entries.

Also, 18 minutes left until the contest is over.

7. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome! Guess that's a fair solution.

8. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Kyrbi0 and @icewolf: thanks for the kind comments. which is the animation missing? i have a couple of hours left :p (i think you mean the morph back to alternate. that one isnt there because once it loses its wings it doesnt get them back. i can make it, though. and you should consider there's the height transition in-game, that may be why it looks weird)

blasphemy. few people give war machine walk anims that are physically fluid as yours is. dont underestimate your work :)

@MiniMage: in my humble opinion, you should participate, because i dont want any potential entry out of the contest. but it feel bad if you won, or took the runner up, or third place off of someone who didn't break the rules. so i think you should participate with a heavy penalty in the animation judgement score (might even put it 0/10 as harsh as it seems. but you still will be able to win something if your model stands out on the rest and at the poll...)

edit: your post came out while i was writing mine

btw:
    why giving the contest a different timezone than THW itself?

9. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I set the GMT+1 because that's my timezone and thus to manage it I found it to be the most convenient to do so. ;I

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    My opinion as a judge would be to force the removal of the other person's work in the submarine, but there is no time now, contest is closed :p so.. I say it receives a big ZERO in the animation department.. good luck people, may the best model win

11. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'd say the judge can give it the penalty that they individual choose, but whatever.

HappyCockroach pointed out that GMT, according to this site; http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-1/
    Is not aligned with me atm. So uh, there's still a little more time. I posted a thread for a moderator/admin with the power to lock the thread at the appointed time.

/That is all.

THE CONTEST HAS OFFICALLY ENDED.. A WHILE AGO, BUT I FORGOT TO MESSAGE YOU GUYS. ALSO, NO ONE HAS LOCKED THIS THREAD YET, EVEN THOUGH I ASKED THEM TO!

Please don't post any more replies to this thread while I wait for someone with the power to lock it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.