• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mjolnir: Morphing tank

What should this tank be named?

• Mjolnir

Votes: 41 30.1%
  • Anvil

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Ravager

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Maurader

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Devastator

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Stalker

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Rhyno

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS TANK!

This tank is my newest, and quite frankly, BEST model to date (4/2/09). It has been a long and arduous road, but i just keep getting better. This tank has exceeded all my hopes and expectations. It is beautiful to say the least.

The Video shows the different versions leading up to the most recent "MJOLNIR MARK VII". here are the tank concept(s) i made for wc3. The first few tanks were very early designs but they get bettter as you watch.

I made this video not to win any awards. i know its kinda dorky and the heavy metal is a little... much. But i thought some music would be... more interesting than watching in silence. And I feel as though this video depicts my growth and development as a modeler well.

The overall design was a bit of a compilation. A combination of the dwarven steam tank with the siege tank from starcraft, with just a touch of 1920's model T (the front lights) an offroad vehicle (floodlights on top) and a 1960's muscle car, (the pistons and pipes). I got lots of inspiration from a lot of different sources. This is my first model ever that i used custom meshes and UVs in. Milkshape is one kickass program. I hope you enjoy this model as much as i have enjoyed working on it.

well anyway, here is the NEW MJOLNIR MARK VII (tank mode and siege mode)

Mjolnir TM.PNG MJOLNIR SM.PNG

Here are the previous versions

MT progress.JPG

And here is a video of a 360 view of all previous versions, including the morph animations for the last 2 tanks and some wicked guitar solo... or something :/

CURRENTLY:

All geosets for the tank are done and completely UVed Everything has the appropriate Bones correlating to each appropriate geoset, I have A few particle emmiters and I have finished the animations for
Stand
Stand - 1
Attack
Spell
Walk
Morph
Morph Alternate
Stand Alternate
Stand Alternate - 1
Death
Attack Alternate

And all i need to do now are the animations for
Death Alternate

The Statistical data so far (subject to change) is

109 kb (total in mdx format)

2143 vertices
1637 faces
4 geosets
32 bones
19 total seconds of animation track

real quick update,

Here is the statistical data for my previous models

1.0 - 92kb - 1803 verticies - complete
2.4 - 78kb - 1478 verticies - complete
3.2 - 40kb - 1018 verticies - only a geoset shell, no anims, no particles
5.8 - 118kb - 2798 verticies - half animated
mk 7 - 114kb - 2143 verticies - missing 1 animation, otherwise done

I would like to thank everyone who helped me along the way, including (but not limited to)
Shamanyouranus: for constant criticism, suggestions and support
General Frank: for being a good and fair mod, and giving me a kick in the pants when i needed it
Mr.Bob, Mr.Goblin, Ghost765, Elenai, Hawk_767: for their comments and suggestions.

Last edited:
I like it, just in siege mode it looks like its restrained. That little loop over the cannon looks like it really stops the tank from functioning. Looks like you should have that over the non siege tank mode. Stop it from rattling about too much and damaging compacted siege mode parts. Besides, "...at the expense of accuracy..." looks like you cant aim siege mode very much, ergo -accuracy. Other than that it looks pretty cool.

Also perhaps have the treads fold the other way. Its like this _ -- _, -> / -- \, I think it might look cooler if it goes like this _ -- _, -> \ -- /
Idk food for thought. Just my opinion.

Level 12
Awesome.

Possible names: Scorpion ; Scorpia ; Scorpilion ; Scorpilian ; Viper ; U13-37 Raptor ; Ravenhawk ; Thorium Viper

Level 22
scorpion is to way much like halo, and people will start hollering copy off. although its quite original.
just a tiny suggestion, you should possibly make a walk animation for its siege mode. like it morphs into a walker. that would be insanely cool.
just wondering, are u gonna update the treads on the kronous aswell?

Level 26
i was not planning on updating the treads of the kronous, although now that you mention it, it could use an update, i was NOT going to name it the scorpion, and i am NOT going to make it walk around, that would look incredibly ridiculous with this tank set up, but a walker tank would be ... alright, BUT NOT FOR THIS AHHHH! glad you guys like it, and i still need name suggestions/votes.

Level 10
Might I suggest some kind of clamp on the treads for the siege mode? As it is currently, it seems like it would be prone to slipping or becoming unsieged, leaving all the weight on the arms, which I doubt would hold the weight of the tank. Plus, IMHO, I reckon tread clamps would look pretty awesome.

Level 9
duuuude awesome tank. one of the best looking and most optically appealing tank models. siege feature looks very promising!

now you just need to make the animations sexy and this thing will be awesome.

Level 26
ok everybody, before i finish animating this, i need to smooth out the overall design, where do i put teamcolor? i need more teamcolor and i want to change the bumper. ideas or comments are welcome. also should i add an antennae? or a hatch at the top? or a secondary weapon (e.g. a machine gun or missile launchers?)

Level 26
hawk900, if you "leet" speak again, i will find your house, and i WILL kill you, if you make a naruto map i WILL then rip off you testicles and choke you on them, and IF you use my tank model IN a naruto map... then so help you god.... the atrocities to be done to you will transcend words altogether, however i will try to explain.

it is something along the lines of " i will shove a nuke up your ass so far, it will come out your nose, i will then reach into your stomach, pull out a vital organ (while you are hooked up to a life support system and injected with a mild stimulant, so you can be aware of what is happening) and repeatedly slap you across the face, i will set you on fire, douse you in acid, rip off your fingernails, and peel off your skin, i will then dump you in a full porta-potty and roll you off a cliff, at this time i will activate the nuke and gather up whatever radioactive particles are left of you, put them in a pile, and have 30 other nubs like you teabag you from now until the end of days....."

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE NO NARUTO AND NO LEET SPEAK!!

dont worry hawk900, we can still be friends :p
ok, now that i vented -

im glad you like my tank

Last edited:
Level 17
hawk900, if you "leet" speak again, i will find your house, and i WILL kill you, if you make a naruto map i WILL then rip off you testicles and choke you on them, and IF you use my tank model IN a naruto map... then so help you god.... the atrocities to be done to you will transcend words altogether, however i will try to explain.

it is something along the lines of " i will shove a nuke up your ass so far, it will come out your nose, i will then reach into your stomach, pull out a vital organ (while you are hooked up to a life support system and injected with a mild stimulant, so you can be aware of what is happening) and repeatedly slap you across the face, i will set you on fire, douse you in acid, rip off your fingernails, and peel off your skin, i will then dump you in a full porta-potty and roll you off a cliff, at this time i will activate the nuke and gather up whatever radioactive particles are left of you, put them in a pile, and have 30 other nubs like you teabag you from now until the end of days....."

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE NO NARUTO AND NO LEET SPEAK!!

dont worry hawk900, we can still be friends :p
ok, now that i vented -

im glad you like my tank

You must have putted alot of effort only to make that reply. :nw:

Status
Not open for further replies.