• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create Morph Animation(Alternate Stand/Walk etc.) ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dear guys,
I am trying to make a Morph animation or how people it call alternate animations like Illidan and his metamorphosis.
So I use Milkshape and a trail of 3Ds5 and I have a lot experience with it, but still I don't know how to make a alternate animation in one model, so please help :(

So, imagine I have human with these animations :

Stand 1-60
Walk 80-160

Now how I can make a alternate animation ?!
This should look like this :

Alternate Stand 180-240
Alternate Walkd 260-340

So could you please help me and tell me how it works , or link me a tutorial, I can't find anything :/

TDR

TDR

Level 18
What do you mean...you make it just like any other animation, only you must name the animation with "Alternate" at the end...stand alternate, walk alternate, etc.
"Morph" is the animation that morphs from standard to alternate mode and "Morph Alternate" is the other way around...This is all in the art tools documentation.

Level 3
Thanks for help, well yes I know.
But an alternate animation has got new meshes and this is the problem :cry:

Imagine :

There are 2 boxes

[Box 1] [Box 2]

Now I want to show [Box 1] as custom animation,
and [Box 2] as alternate animation,
so, what I have to do ?; or how I can configure it, that the editor recognizes,that Box1 is for animation 1, and Box 2 for animation 2(alternate)
You know what I mean ?
Well, let's make it easier xD
I have 2 Models in my File, 1 male, 1 female
animation 1 is male
alternate animation 2 is female

So how I can make it, that...

a) I can't see both models at the same time.

or
[b)] Can I add meshes while I am animating ? Well I think this question seems to be silly, so better answer question a).

If you can,please please explain it how it works with milkshape.
But 3dsmax is welcome,too !

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I have no idea about milkshape. I can tell you all about it in 3ds max though.
There are 2 options, but both require one thing: a visibility track.
First option is to add a visibility track to Bone_Root, so when you make it invisible everything linked to it will also become invisible. So during the alternate animation you'll just make it invisible. Though this would imply a second skeleton for the alternate version, which will be hidden during normal animations and visible during alternate.
The other option is to have the same skeleton for the alternate model, but you'd have to assign a visibility track and set the keys for each individual body part of both models, which can be quite tedious.
For information about how to set up the visibility track, look in the art tools documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.