• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation problem with MDLVIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Maybe you should consider actually saying upfront what the issue is, and what chain of events led to it appearing (e.g. what did you edit).
The problem is with its stand alternate and stand work anim, it starts to move down between frames.

Theres are the model, im bad explaining this problem.

PD: ty for answer me :D.

And maybe be humble and don't use profanity in your 'requests'.
? where i did?

I didn't take a look @ the model so far, but did it contain alternate animations or where they custom made (added by you)?

Here are some hints and things to keep an eye on when working with MDLVIS:

• when you make all model's anims yourself, make sure that the movement types are set to "Linear" (or "Hermite", if desired, i'd say forget about "Brazier"). This is done in Magos though. Twitchy custom anims are usually the result, when you don't do so
  • if you make the anim by CnPing frames from existing anims, make sure to let enough space between each Set Frame, otherwise it will move to fast or too slow
  • when animating in MDLVIS, keep in mind that it differs in a few points from other programs. In MDLVIS, it always moves the selected part in 2 directions (i.e. not only into the desired one), for example, you want an arm to move only in the X-Axis, in Mdlvis it's likely that while making the movement in this axis it will also make it move in another axis as well. This problem is easily overlooked, since you can only watch the model from one angle at a time.

Level 21
I didn't take a look @ the model so far, but did it contain alternate animations or where they custom made (added by you)?

Here are some hints and things to keep an eye on when working with MDLVIS:

• when you make all model's anims yourself, make sure that the movement types are set to "Linear" (or "Hermite", if desired, i'd say forget about "Brazier"). This is done in Magos though. Twitchy custom anims are usually the result, when you don't do so
  • if you make the anim by CnPing frames from existing anims, make sure to let enough space between each Set Frame, otherwise it will move to fast or too slow
  • when animating in MDLVIS, keep in mind that it differs in a few points from other programs. In MDLVIS, it always moves the selected part in 2 directions (i.e. not only into the desired one), for example, you want an arm to move only in the X-Axis, in Mdlvis it's likely that while making the movement in this axis it will also make it move in another axis as well. This problem is easily overlooked, since you can only watch the model from one angle at a time.
Wow thanks for answer but can you pls check that model to see the problem, its easy to identify.

Its like this

Circle = Model

25198763_1523113204448382_1764010855_o.jpg

Go down between frames.

ahhhhhhhhhhh. the key frames are the issue.

well, the solution is to delete the key frames causing issue. but deleting key frames counts for all bones movements in that key frame. which is usually alot.

a work around that is to go into the selection mode, select the glitchy bone, then select the key frame that gltichy bone is glitching in, and delete that bones glitchy frames.

because if you start deleting entire key frames you'll find all kinds of other bones breaking too, as they too use that key frame.

but if you select nothing except the bone your trying to fix/edit, then you can ''delete'' its ''glitchy key frame'' without deleting the entire key frame. or altering the animation at all.

so you don't want him bobing up and down so much? during stand alternate and stand work alternate? [stand alternate work is not a real animation name, work comes before alternate always]

first, go to the animation tab, and choose the animation you wish to alter first, in this case, its Stand Alternate

secondly you go to the ''movement'' tab (f3)

then select the glitchy bone, in this case its ''Bone_Box2'' because its the root of the model, and the source of the lifting and dropping.

then press ''M'' which will give you a slightly different window. for ''movement''

but instead of moving Bone_Box2 anywhere, or doing any thing with it at all really, we only press ''M'' to show a special check mark box called ''Highlight Key Frames'' (Highlight KF) check mark this box.

once its checked, and Bone_Box2 is the only thing high lighted, and your inside your very specifically chosen animation (stand alternate) you'll notice a lot of key frames in ur animation have ''vanished'' this is because they cannot be seen or edited when only one bone is selected, this is how you see a specific bones specific key frame animations.

now simply press right click in the keyframes bar, select ''clear'' and now Bone_Box2 will have no key frames inside it. he no longer bobs up and down at all. but only for that animation, leaving all the other animations intact.

wash rinse repeat for stand work alternate and your done!

NerubBaseBuggedFix004.mdx | HIVE

I have done this for you, I also tried to wiggle the fingers for stand work alternate some more, but Figured you'd rather do that your self, so, here you go.

Edit: I also used whats called the ''Scaler'' to make your burrow splat hole model, shrink and grow during morph and morph alternate. something not included for crypt fiends but is seen on the scorpions and beetles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.