• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mjolnir: Morphing tank

What should this tank be named?

• Mjolnir

Votes: 41 30.1%
  • Anvil

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Ravager

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Maurader

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Devastator

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Stalker

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Rhyno

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
triangles created from 3 points to form a plane are called "FACES" the point that faces are connected with are called "VERTICES" a combination of verticies/faces can be catagorized into a "GEOSET"

polys is not the standard term, although a face can be called a polygon, polygons cannot be faces, for modeling, faces have 3 points and 3 sides, polygons have multiple

BUT i digress

current stats subject to change
32 geosets
22 bones
2902 vertices
1942 faces

currently 335kb in mdl format and 120kb in mdx

Level 26
ALRIGHT everyone, its time for a "THINK TANK", meaning i need everyone here to help me think of how i can improve this design. Type out some features or post a quick sketch, anything (if you are serious) would be appreciated. This tank needs an overhaul and YOU can help me do it :D

Ill look at everyone suggestions and take bits and pieces of it to make the greatest tank ever. Isn't it great to be involved :)

Level 26
Well, I've been working on the tank, and I must say, it is coming out INCREDIBLY sexy. So far, I have made the tank and morphed forms, I am currently working on the animations, and as soon as i get the morph and morph alternate animations done, I will show a proper ani. video and screenshots. In the mean time, I believe that this tank is coming out well enough to show exactly what kyrbi0's face would look like melted, when he sees the sheer awesome of this tank.

Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Originally Posted by anarchianbedlam
melt your face
It better.

MELTING.png

more to come>

Level 12
They are good models, however they do look a little bit plain in color =X I would like to see a different variety in colors. Great job though keep up the work. The last tank Mjolnir is pretty badass im loving the animation on that one!

Level 4
CALL IT LAND STALKER...OH OR LAND RAIDER? MAMMOTH IS TAKEN...SO IS SCORP'S....UHHHH..................PREDATOR? LOL LEMAN RUSS...BANEBLADE BANEBLADE BANEBLADE (why isnt there a model for that yet hmmm?) .....CONQUEROR! CRUSHER! GOLIATH...? GARGANTUA? TITAN KILLER! THUNDER OF GOD(-NESS) TREADS OF ADAMANTIUM...CONSIQUADOR?....(That name has class indeed)...I think I'm outta idea's...give a man a little rep if ya use one of em...whatever you do, DON'T CALL IT SIEGE TANK, LOL. WAIT!? RAMPAGER? MAULER? CHIMERA? MINO-TANK (half tank, half bull shit) BASILISK (taken) I HAVE IT....THE WRATH-BRINGER! SHELLSTORM... I give up. Use them please!

Level 19
call it land stalker...oh or land raider? Mammoth is taken...so is scorp's....uhhhh..................predator? Lol leman russ...baneblade baneblade baneblade (why isnt there a model for that yet hmmm?) .....conqueror! Crusher! Goliath...? Gargantua? Titan killer! Thunder of god(-ness) treads of adamantium...consiquador?....(that name has class indeed)...i think i'm outta idea's...give a man a little rep if ya use one of em...whatever you do, don't call it siege tank, lol. Wait!? Rampager? Mauler? Chimera? Mino-tank (half tank, half bull shit) basilisk (taken) i have it....the wrath-bringer! Shellstorm... I give up. Use them please!

D:

Level 22
i dont really like the new guns :\ looks to bulky. The turret itself looks too wide as well. make the treads go more / \ instead of just - - although i like those pistons. I think you've taken away alot of the tank characteristics and turned it into like a monster truck ATV imo.

Level 26
i dont really like the new guns :\ looks to bulky. The turret itself looks too wide as well. make the treads go more / \ instead of just - - although i like those pistons. I think you've taken away alot of the tank characteristics and turned it into like a monster truck ATV imo.

... You seem like a nice kid. And you have tried to help me in the past, I thank you for this. However, i cannot condone your attitude. It may not be what YOU want, but it is a pretty damn cool model, I tried to make something unique and not just another abrams tank knockoff with the tinker texture smeared across it. In the mean time
stfu.jpg
... thank you for your time.... see ya around

Level 31

I agree. ;)

COUNTER-PWNT

Anyway, I actually think the model is quite nice. I love it a lot. As long as you are using it for dwarven techno etc.

Well done. The animations are especially good.

Status
Not open for further replies.