1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Pharaoh_, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hhhhh... Fun stuff. If only I had time.

2. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't wait to see the final submissions and the results.

3. TwoVenomous

TwoVenomous

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    @Tickles

another nice and fun map :thumbs_up:
    but as HammerFist132 said, the arrow should be little faster than it's currently is, since it's hard to aim things like lever, lantern, flying enemies,etc,etc. :)

and how do the boss attacks ? when i battled with the boss, i didn't get damaged at all :p

5/5 :thumbs_up:

4. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I kind of rushed with the boss in the last two days before the September 30th deadline :xxd: The tentacles were supposed to supposed to spawn rapidly when others were attacked (and the boss itself). I'm fixing that up, adding new gameplay modes, and adding settings to adjust turning rates for aiming. Thanks for the feedback!

5. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  6. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=boq5fz
    Hello last wip from me, most things, done DO NOT take items at start, hostiles can drop them. Ps pls pls share thinking, ideas, suggestions, report bugs, errors, crash.
    U know heavy done map in 192x192 terrain for one month rly is good enough for some comments xD. If something is to hard/easy pls report that to

7. HOooDy

HOooDy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why (EXTENDED) for what ??

8. TwoVenomous

TwoVenomous

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    @HammerFist132

My Review
    :thumbs_up:Great terrain!
    :thumbs_up:Great spells!
    :thumbs_up:Nice custom models!
    :thumbs_up:Love the boss fight! (harder is always better) :)

something you might want to consider :

1. I'm starting from nowhere, more hints would be better :p

2. After i fought some enemies, i'm forced to fight the boss and resulting in losing all of the lives. I know i have healing spell, but that's not enough :(

3. the mini boss (infernal) dropped an item after i defeated it but i had no chance to pick it up since i'm forced to move to the boss fight.

4. there wasn't any break time at all. :ogre_icwydt: after i fought the first boss (lvl 10), i'd have to fought another boss (lvl 20) when i'm still on the same level when i fought the lvl 10 boss!

5. i could hold as many weapon as i want :p

i know i could do better, but the chance of winning is really small :(
    give me more space to breath!

not important things :

- the title of the map : "Duengeon of Chilling Lord"

PS: More creeps, more creeps! i love to spam skills~! :grin:

:ogre_hurrhurr: Key of Power :ogre_hurrhurr:
    (i would love a KEY expert!)

really nice map 5/5 :thumbs_up: +rep

9. Tickles

Tickles

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For... entries? :ogre_haosis: Almost everyone dropped out towards the end of the contest, but now it looks like some are back in due to the extension.
    Well first of all, it looks way too similar to your map from the previous contest. The name, the WoW models (which unnecessarily kill your map's file size), skills, and even most of the terrain in the starting area looks exactly the same. The grammar also still needs a lot of work. An example would be when the first boss talks:

"You have pass long way to die here mortal."

Instead, it could be...

"You have travelled a long way to die here, mortal."

The game is very challenging. Multiple difficulty modes would have made it more player-friendly, although the patterns get easier over time. It would have also been more rewarding to earn skills and level them as your character levels. It seems a lot like an MMORPG style. I love the effects, and the terrain is very wide and epic-feeling. There could be more bulky objects lying around to decorate the terrain like barrels or other destructibles. Item drops seemed to be a bit repetitive, but there's a nice variety of stat bonuses to choose from.

I could see this becoming a really good map with better grammar and other minor fixes. I'm still not really sure what to think about it being directly based on your map from MMC#7.

10. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I told at start to it will base to my MM7 contest. Ya I have to admit to I have been working on that map, but that map was just 0/5% done and almost everything was like very early alpha phase. I think to happytauren have told (correct me if I am wrong) to u can work on older maps if they are just scratch(spelling wrong xD).
    About map size. I am rly work hard on reducing itt, so remuving needless animations, reducing skin quality etc.
    Btw my Eng sux and it always will xD, so for eng I will probably call my friend.
    Btw I like both replays. Thx dude working on improving.

EDIT: Now and I see to my map is too hard. I was always trying to play it with all items at start. Now when I try realy game with our items at start. And to me is hard to beat first boss with out losing any life. Ya I have to balance many many things in my map.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  11. Da Fist

Da Fist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tension is going high, and flames lurks among the shadows, what will be the faith of the contestants? As the end draws near, the conclusion is coming! Good Luck Contestants~

EDIT 2: Oh. Sorry about that. It's just this :

Heh. I missed probably. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  12. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So we still have like 24 + 12 hours, right?

13. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Teamwork? What u mean 100% done by myself.

14. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes.

15. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hope you guys like it.
    I decided to take part in this contest at last minute thinking.

EDIT: Updated V1
    FINAL EDIT: V2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  16. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am in heavy rush, but I think to I will finish it today.

17. Da Fist

Da Fist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Scratch What I Said
    Played it for a while with EXTREME HARD. And I got to say, it is extremely hard, although I got the boss's life down to 40k, it's no big deal, since I can get it lower but I got bored. Repetitive gameplay and quite fun in early times. Mechanics must be explained on the game. Also, say the skill's hotkey ( on Learning it and Using it ). The hotkeys I recommend ( since H is Hold Postion so... ), Q - Heal ( Its the same. ) W - Evade ( Learning ) A - Attack S - Stop E - Adrenaline ( Increases Movement Speed, but amplifies damage. ) D - Open Learn Hero Skills ( this way when running around and around, we can learn our skills quickly. ), Z - Add STR, X - Add Agi. C - Hero's Final Breath ( It can only be used when the Limit Break Bar is full, and releases a AoE attack, which is nice ). Okay. It needs more events, like a Infernal, mini - boss while facing a boss? A army of wood nymphs are hiding, and they ambush you when the boss life is less than Y% ( X is too mainstream )? Da ( hey it's like my name! ) Boss will stand up and do something? Backflip? Or a horde of bears stampede and will try to trample you? It's fun, yes, but needs more Omph. Especially on Terrain.

UNRELEATED TO THREAD
    Da Fist's Guide To Extreme Hard VS Da Boss

It's good yes. But I think you should let the player know what damage his/her hero took when hit. Maybe a Dummy unit around upper left that gives out damage taken into floating text like : 30! so that when running around and not noticing the rocks of Da Tree is hitting you, well you will know now. Give out a warning when Da Tree levels. I mean, it is pretty obvious, but a floating text that will give out : " Puny, little trespasser! I have gotten stronger, and you are closer to your doom! " or " Tremble, I have gotten stronger. Beware Mortal! " and add special effects or shake the screen, to make it more epic. The camera view, and too much creeps blocks the rock that hits you, making it more hard to hit ( and more ouch times for me ), and it's good, especially the Reduced Life! Extra Challenge ! I solo'd Da Tree until it reached the point that my Warcraft crashed ( sad. ) but I teared down his life ( on Extreme Hard AND Reduced Life ) to 20k. It's good, so I see the possibility of winning against that tree! Good Luck!

-Da Fist-

18. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So how many hours left?

19. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you Da Fist for testing it, I have been working on a lot of stuff to improve it recently as well that version you played is way out of date. The army of wood nymphs is similar to what I put in the newest difficulty. I have uploaded newest updated version. =)