1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mini Mapping Contest #16 - Mini RPG

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by FeelsGoodMan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hhhh... Here's my second WIP: Me wrestling with stupid bugs already. The map is basically laid out, and now I'm trying to get the hero's abilities to work. One of his abilities automatically fires when he learns the ability, but doesn't work at all when he actually casts it, and his lightning shield ability (based on Immolation) doesn't do any damage. I have no idea why bugs like this crop up, but I guess it's part of the map making process. I hope I can get them figured out soon!

abilities.png

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ask here
    World Editor Help Zone

3. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As a fast thing, you can just make the damage yourself with GUI and a area lvl based damage per second.

A spell who is casted when you learn it? So you can only cast it one time, or what? Definetily, that sounds interesting.

4. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Your WIP has been added to the entries list :)

5. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm starting to get close to finishing the map. At least in terms of technical functions, unit spawns, AI, items and everything else.

Stuff that remains:

One boss fight.
    AI for 2 units.

Then balancing everything to make the experience enjoyable, and possible, without being too easy.

Other minor things:

Loading screen.
    Boss fight music.
    Hero attack/defense/primary attribute icons.
    Descriptions and so on.
    Polish and paying some attention to details.
    Maybe introducing some traps and secrets if time allows it.

Would love to see some more WIPs or get updates from the rest of you!