• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Main goal:
You will have to make a cool and original mini-game.

Rules:
Map size : Tiny
Map Tileset : Free
Map Import Manager : Import any sound/music/Minimap/loading screen you want.
Map Building : You have to build your map during the contest, not before nor after. Respect the time limit!
Time limit *Edit* : 2 week and a half : 14 days (You'll have to test it within the month and fix it too :p)
Playability : 4-12 player! Must work well on multiplayer.

Team?: It'S your choice to decide if player beat your mini-game in team or fight each other or have many teams.

Score:
Originality : X/30
(Your mini-game will have to be an original one. Meaning that you will have to think to something that never was created before!)
Playability : X/20
(Your mini-game will have to be playable on Multiplayer (Lan/BNet))
Chalange : X/25
(Your mini-game must not be easy. Make it hard for player.)
Explication : X/20
(If a newbie decide to play your game and understand nothing at all, he won't like your game. You will loose point if your game is hard to understand. But if your game is supposed to be confusing that way, precise it at start!)
Interesting Title : 1/5
(Any game need a good title. If your game title look like boring, the game itself will look boring to those who only read the names before playing.)

What is exactly a mini-game?
A mini-game is a normaly short duration game which require a lot of player. The mini-game have to be basic and simple.
My best hint for you is to think "Arcade games".

Edit*
The summary:
You will have to make a mini-game in 2 week and a half (14 days). You have to make something new something original. And it must be created between the the start and the endline of the contest. You can't submit your map after the endline. Your mini-game must be new to you too. You can't make a mini-game from another one you made before, or if you really want too, the mini-game will have to be REALLY REALLY different from the other one with other features that the other mini-game don't have.

I mean no copy of an old map. It would be too easy. And remember you get points for originality! But a public vote will decide who will win. So if there are so many person interested, the contest should be accepted.

That's my contest ^^ I hope you'll like it! Any update tip is welcome.

Winner will be decided by a public vote!

Last edited:
Level 8
I would also like to enter this contest.

I was thinking, if we got enough entrants, we could pull all the minigames together in a single map and release it.
If this contest gets accepted, all entrants please PM me permission to use their minigame in a compilation. Credit would be given in the Quests menu, in the description of your minigame.
Of course, this can only happen if it gets approved.

Level 9
Iv been waiting for one of these :p
Is it ok if i remake a mini game from my mini game map?
and how may entries are we limited to?

Level 7
If the the contest is accepted...

You will have to make a mini-game in 1 month. You have to make something new something original. And it must be created between the the start and the endline of the contest. You can't submit your map after the endline. Your mini-game must be new to you too. You can't make a mini-game from another one you made before, or if you really want too, the mini-game will have to be REALLY REALLY different from the other one with other features that the other mini-game don't have.

I mean no copy of an old map. It would be too easy. And remember you get points for originality! But a public vote will decide who will win. So if there are so many person interested, the contest should be accepted.

Well, I hope so ^^.

Level 16
You should actually pm archian or bob or ralle about this. I have a feeling they dont check these threads often, and as this contest seems to decent amount of ppl interested in it, you should definately contact one of them through pm.

As for the rules, one month seems to be too much time for a minigame. Minigames are easy and fast to make, that is if you have an idea what to make :p. Some ppl can get their minigames done in just few days, and then its just boring to wait forever. Wouldnt 2 weeks be better?

Level 9
So we have another... How many more do we need to make this an official contest?

Level 9
Hmmm how are you gonna give a challenge mark for a game where players have to kill each other?

Level 7
Hmmm how are you gonna give a challenge mark for a game where players have to kill each other?

A chalanging game means a game where you need good skill to suceed.
A game where you have to kill each other is challanging depending on players skills.
If you need to kill other player for exemple in a game where you have 1 hit point and that you can turn invisible for 15 second with a 25 second cooldown in a maze where other player search an ennemy player as well.

The point is that every type of mini-game can be chalanging. Just make it hard for player to properly kill other.

Level 7
Ok... I know it's long waiting for the contest to be approved, but the 2 moderator of the arena weren't really active on the Hiveworkshop recently. So we will have to wait until one of them shows up.

For now, I have only one thing to say.
Don't work on your map yet, resist the tentation to start it now XD.
Because a mini-game which is built before the contest begins or after the endline will not be accepted.
But you can still think to what kind of mini-game you will make if you don't have ideas yet.

Thanks you for waiting.
_____________________________________________________________________________________MetalWarrior

Level 14
maybe I'd participate if I find time for a quick minigame...

"Because a mini-game which is built before the contest begins or after the endline will not be accepted"

how are you going to check it? no way for that dude >_> it would be better if you had some good artworks or words (verbs) to base the ideas on and reveal it on the start date.

Level 7
maybe I'd participate if I find time for a quick minigame...

"Because a mini-game which is built before the contest begins or after the endline will not be accepted"

how are you going to check it? no way for that dude >_> it would be better if you had some good artworks or words (verbs) to base the ideas on and reveal it on the start date.

How? It's easy. Right click on the map and check "Properties"
And then you'll see when it was created and when it was last modified.
Easy isn't it?

And the contest start when the contest gets approved

Level 9
Hmmm that wont work... When you dl the file the creation time is set to the time you dled it... Rather trust the honesty of entries... Sounds far featched but its better for everyone

Level 9
I downloaded a file today and the creation time was when i dled it? Creation time refers to the time that a file is created... NOT when the file it is copied from is created...

Level 32
As I'm sure that you are aware, MetalWarrior, there are presently two other challenges active here in The Arena. Thanks for submitting this idea: it seems to have generated a lot of interest and I think it would make an excellent contest.

If you have contacted the administrators and have yet to receive any reply, my advice would be to remain patient: "no news is good news" goes an old saying.

Since one of the ongoing contests is about to close, I hope that you will soon have a better idea of what's going to be decided about this one.

With your permission I will delete the thread I may be anoying but..... if you feel that it has been addressed here.

Level 9
I think you should leave it here... A longer thread will attract attention...
Guy im sure a maze is fine but unless its exceptional i doubt it will do very well... There are already alot of mazes so your orgionality mark would be low...

Level 8
I fear that the one who liked the idea at start get bored due to the time they have to wait before starting and then quit the contest.

I'm still in it, if you're wondering. I've actually spent the wait building on my idea, and so all that's required now is to actually.. make it.

I still maintain that I would like to compile all entries into a single map, and release it on BNet. Once the time to submit entries comes, I would appreciate it if everyone could include permission to use their minigame in the compilation.
Just repeating myself :)

Level 7
I am getting furious with the wait =(
But, a Escape Map can be considerated a Mini-game?

Takes long to get approved ..

If there would be good moderation then it would get approved but instead of checking the contest submission they created a second modeling contest. Damn!

I send them a private message and I made a public thread. Just like they don't care of checking this section of the forum. So I should ask to become moderator or what?

The moderator of this section don't care of what is happenning here. They just seem to ignore these submissions.

And yes an escape is a mini-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.