• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Contest: Wc3:WoW Terrain Competition {FINISHED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
WIP 2.

For reference, check page 3.

Making those houses really takes long... I hope the wc3:WoW team has 1 model for those :D

For the middle of the town I was thinking of using a Moonwell (looks nearly the same), but the back of the moonwellmodel is transparent :s (lazy blizzard)... Any suggestions? Perhaps someone who's very kind who could fill in the gaps in the model for me? :)

oh...
noooo...
Now madsen is in, there's not much competition anymore :/

Attachments

• Stormwind1.jpg
    Stormwind1.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,055
Level 25
All entrys look very good so far. Silithus is looking better (Maybe more of that zergcreep tiles by the bug spires) than before and more accurate as well. I can actually tell that it is silithus thanks to those bug spires/spikes sticking out of the ground and the zergcreep tile helps the feel a ton.

Keep it up guys! You're all doing great!
And welcome to the contest MadseN! You've been added to the contestants list.
~Craka_J

Level 8
So far, this is one part of the Stormwind Map I am creating (unfinished)

Any suggestions would be nice.

(btw, sorry I couldnt make a little popup window, dont know how to do it yet : /)

Edit: oh wait, I think I may know, lemme post again

Edit again: nm, didnt work >.>

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Wip Zwei

Well, I'm moving on to the next one, if there's anything to revise on the Silithus terrain I'll revise it later.

So here's Androhal, a small village destroyed back in the Third War; its remains can be found in the Plaguelands. It also gets to star as my second WIP of the contest.

My "lovely" source of inspiration (the smallest I could find):
300px-Andorhal.jpg

EDIT: Updated the post with a newer version of the pic.

Attachments

• PlaguelandsUpdated.jpg
    PlaguelandsUpdated.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Level 34
I almost like the first one more. These are some awesome shots though! Good job. Mine aren't going so well at the moment, I had to restart my STV.

I finally got around to doing something - I started off with doing a Tauren Valley, even though my grass tile options completely SUCK. Would anyone have a recolour, by the way?
Ideas?

Eleandor, yours looks the best so far, I'd say. Although, your shrubs look as if they're in pretty much random places and raised, to me at least ...

Attachments

• Tauren Valley.jpg
    Tauren Valley.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 646
Level 25
Good job on that terrain(s). And like everyone else said, no .tga files please. I'll update the first post with some more helpful information to make that more clear and official.

@Belgarath: Please provide a source screenshot from WoW which is helping you terrain this.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 4
Will anyone answer my question from the first page? How do u put a picture in your post?!

{Edit} Hey! raging not nice!... i was just asking.... I'm new. (Sort of).

Last edited:
Level 25
Amazing. All of them are. Keep up the great work!

The mulgore one needs a bit of cleaning up. Especially the mountains made of arches (Which in fact is an awesome and creative idea) needs cleaning. But good job to all of you!
~Craka_J

Eleandor, I meant that at times, you stick a bush in a completely weird place and it ends up looking perfect, it happens to me all the time.
For the valley, I'll be adding in different rocks to the cliffs and cleaning up my grass, and I'll add in some tauren things. Does anyone actually have a cleaner, lighter grass and a dirt tile, by the way?

Level 4
I am thinking of leaving this contest sorry... I'm stuck in school and homework sorry again... You can keep me on the list but don't expect a map, picture screenshot etc.

Level 34
I agree with Craka. It's pretty good. Looks like Old Town in SW. I think, it's been a while. Or the Dwarven District.

Level 34
Craka, you can't really. WC3 mountains suck, they can't go nearly high enough for WoW terrain. Only hope is to make units and buildings smaller.

Level 34
I do use the misc data file. There's a limit to how high you can go.
UTM might work, but I don't think so.

Doesn't misc data just allow you to raise ground as a vertical.

Level 16
no1 said i got to the mountains yet ^^ all i've done is the lake, now im starting the upper lake and waterfalls. after that i'll be doing background mountains.

but i have one problem i can't solve: i need a doodad using Long Natural Bridge but with texture (walkable bridges can only be sized proportionally and can not be turned, while doodads using the same model don't have any texture and there is no way i can set desired texure on them). any ideas :S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.