• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3:WoW Triggering Contest {FINISHED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yeah I was doing something for damage. Not sure if I'll resume. My application is still in there so I can still start. XD

Level 5
Well at least there were only two entries. Otherwise it would be even harder to judge. :wink:

So, it looks like bobmanone spent more time on his, weaving together a an almost complete blacksmithing system. His system was also more complicated than Skudgemuffin's systems, but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Many global variables were used, making the system less portable and more map dependent.

As I said before Bob's map is almost complete. Example: When you craft an item it uses your supplies according to the recipe, but it doesn't give you the item you just crafted for.
Spend a little longer on this map, get the bugs worked out and try to reduce the number of globals. But once you get that done, you will have a nice blacksmith/mining/crafting demo map. This is a very big system. Great Job!

Now, on to Skudgemuffin's map. His map is a compilation of small systems; a Combat Enter/Exit system, a reputation system, regeneration trigger and looting system. Out of those really only two are fully functional; the regeneration trigger,(not quite a system as it's only three lines of code) and the looting system.
The combat Enter/Exit system seems to only work part of the time, disabling out-of-combat and in-combat abilities seemingly at odd times. The reputation system almost works. You were variable away, man. If you would have set this:
  • Set rep_alliance = (rep_horde + 3)
To this:
  • Set rep_horde = (rep_horde + 3)
It would have worked. :wink:

The regeneration trigger simply adds higher regeneration for health and mana to all of the units on the map at initialization. Next comes the looting system. My favorite. It looks very professional. It has a timer to expire the loot after a certain interval and everything.

All things considered I believe I like the loot system the best out of the entrants. You both did very well.

I think that 25 and 15 experience should be adequate.

Again good job guys.

Rep' dump our winners!

Level 12
Dang. If I had entered, no matter how horrible mine had been, I would have won 3rd by default. Roflmao. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.