• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

The Hive Workshop would like to wish all of you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We know that not all of you are christian / religious. But in many countries (including Denmark) it's a tradition to give gifts and enjoy each other's company.

This past year we've seen a few changes to the site. Forums have been created while others have been removed or combined. Bugs and tweaks have been fixed / done here and there. Everything to keep our Hive in good condition.

2015 is the year where Hive upgrades from vBulletin to XenForo. This is something I have been working on in my freetime for the past year. The vBulletin system we are running has many addons / extensions which need to be converted to XenForo. So far the Pastebin and the Night Elf theme have been converted but the resource section is still in development. Right now it supports uploading of models, maps, textures but we still need icons and tools, furthermore search / filtering still needs a bit of work. When the resource section is done, the chat needs to be ported / rewritten. Finally, all existing content will be imported. We can't wait to show you what we have done.

The Hive Workshop

Attachments

• christmas.jpg
    christmas.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 119,934

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

We know that not all of you are christian / religious.
Christmas is not that religious tradition anymore, although it means something different for Christians than other celebraters: commemorating birth of Jesus vs presents and get-together.
2015 is the year where Hive upgrades from vBulletin to XenForo.
Sounds like a promise :D So, in case it doesn't happen in -15, where-- *self censored to protect my ass*
Ah, my dear pastebin! I have my WiP scripts and tutorials there, are they in danger to disappear when XF happens?
Edit: To clarify I know you've said threads/resources aren't going to disappear, but pastebin means literally pastebin, I have important stuff there so I'd like to know if I need to pull them onto my PC.
Night Elf theme
I'm kind of let down by the fact that you imported the NE theme :/

We can't wait to show you what we have done.
Sneak peeks are appreciated!
Edit2: As I'm curious, who all are behind the project? Ralle, Archian and..?

Merry Christmas to all ye hivers!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

The theme is pleasant to the eyes.
Indeed it is, the one who chose the color scheme was a pure genious, but this theme is obviously designed for -02 computers. For example, I'd like something like: Big image (1887x879)

Edit: To clarify; this chunky theme takes 100% of screen width whereas instead you could show something interactive on the right side, just like facebook does (Not talking abut the chat, talking about the "people online - list" which is imo very well though out).

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Merry Christma-Hanu-Rama-Kwanzaa-Dan-ukkah, everyone!

Also Smissmas, and Festivus, and all that. : )

Indeed it is, the one who chose the color scheme was a pure genious, but this theme is obviously designed for -02 computers. For example, I'd like something like: Big image (1887x879)

Edit: To clarify; this chunky theme takes 100% of screen width whereas instead you could show something interactive on the right side, just like facebook does (Not talking abut the chat, talking about the "people online - list" which is imo very well though out).
As much as I prefer the "full-screen width" to Facebook's cluttered presentation of SHTUFF, I can't deny that I'd like to see current subscriptions (in real time?) along one side...

Level 6
Happy holidays to all hive members, and big thanks to Ralle what he done during couple of years. The site is amazing, keep doing the good work Ralle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.