• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Villagers 1.08d + Open Source version

full

By Sulfar

Development status -on indefinite hiatus //// Open sourced

full

Important message
Version 1.08d is the last official version supported by me, therefore, it is the last safe version to play in battlenet.

To edit the open source version WEX editor is required

Since I am releasing my development version open for the community there might be some people who inject cheats inside their own versions, so beware of fan-made versions.

If you are interested in picking up the project send me a message and i will include a link to your map

Community versions of the map:

Lead by GabeValentine: [Life of a Peasant] - Medieval Villagers Open Source Project
Lead by shooterman56 Medieval Villagers 1.09 by Shooterman56

I am no longer able to maintain this project. It was fun to do but i've moved past w3 modding, between studying and developing apps I don't have time to commit to w3.
Sorry for taking so long to release the open sourced version, I couldn't finish cleaning it up and documenting everything but I hope it can be of use for someone. In case you have some questions about the source, need help to understand it send me a private message or post in this thread.

If you're about to check the source of the map, read the comments at the top of the trigger section, basic stuff is covered there. For information about certain triggers there is a comment at the top explaining in most of them.

As much as this is the end of w3 modding for me I hope this can be the start for some of you, good luck and happy modding!

You live in a dangerous medieval province and you decide to leave everything behind to embark on a epic journey full of friends, enemies and opportunities. The history is in your hands, what path will you choose? Will you be a deadly thief, a noble, the next king or a mighty hero?

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

1- Profession system:

This map feature the following professions in a very immersive yet user friendly level:

- Trading

- Breeding

- Farming

- Fishing

- Hunting

- Mining

2- Village construction and management:

There are a bunch of buildings you can get in your village and these are some types:

- Military: Such as a castle,training grounds, forge, training dummies, etc...

- Economic: Such as a warehouse, a housing system, a tavern, etc...

- Cosmetic: Some doodads like a bench, a table, flowers and more

- Profession Buildings: Like a wind mill, a barn or a hunting post.

- Defensive: Walls and gates

All buildings can be rotated in order to create a good looking village.

3- War system:

I wanted to encourage the players to have interesting fights and skirmishes but at the same time dissuade them to get on full scale wars, in order to achieve this I've developed this features:

- Training system: The units can train when in combat, there are 2 types of training, dummy training and real training, training with dummies is safer but slower and training units in real combat is faster, but obviously, way more risky.

- Wage system: Units have a salary according to their quality, meaning weak units will have low wage and strong units will have high wage.

4- Dynamic gameplay:

Face unique challenges every game, every game should feel different thanks to:
- The path system: You can choose between landlord, thief or Adventurer.
- The event system*: You can face the ancient werewolf, defeat the king and take over the province, become a undead necromancer and threaten the world, fight against the orc legions, etc...

Note: Werewolf, Dominion and Undead Legion events are released, the others will be released in future versions)

full

Want to see your Media here? Feel free to post it on this thread and I will add it

full

full

9c3a17b7d9.jpg

9866f17c06.jpg

full

- More variety of armors and weapons
- Basic lore(city and town names, small background history, etc...)
- More diplomacy options
- Extended features for Bandit and adventurer paths
- Visual improvements
- More events

Want to see a feature implemented or think something should be changed?
Share your feedback in this thread, I read all your suggestions and your feedback really helps

full

- Werewolf event added

- Fixed several bugs
- Death system revamp
- Added some npc's in adventurer's guild

- General bug fix
- Added some doodads
- Improved trading profit
- Fixed some tooltips
- Added item decay and now item models are properly eliminated when items die.

- Bugfix: Hunting sword, civilian's bug and more.
- Ships now can cross the bridge to get into the sea.
- Currency system added
- Buffed thief steal ability
- Added some npc's at adventurers and thief guilds
- Reduced the maximum number of workers available.
- Dominion event released.( Enables war against the empire)
- Added several doodads and changed some terrain.
- Small balance changes.

- Several tooltip changes
- Added bronze and iron armor/weapon crafts in the blacksmith
- Adjusted weapon prices in function of their materials.
- Added traveler npc's that wander the world, bandits can kill them for loot.
- Imported some models for current and future weapons/armors

- Improved interaction system, now it is dynamic(It takes in count several variables like weather, profession, etc..) and it looks better
- Fixed respawn bug and some other small bugs
- Added path system with 2 out of 3 paths functional(Landlord and Thief/Bandit) now you will have to choose your path through a simple quest. Also there are path restrictions(Ex: Thieves can't build a proper village, Landlords can't be thieves, etc..)
- Added the option to Invest through banks and to buy properties in the city, this will provide a periodic income.
- Improved start picking dialog, now you can choose the starting location and the gender.
- Several other small adjustments

- Death System revamp, now you need to have a heir in order to keep playing(Dynasty system).
- Fixed some small bugs
- Added Arena events, now you can watch, bet or participate in arena fights.
- Fixed some performance issues
- Several income balance changes(city income, trading and farming)
- Small visual improvements

- Added Hero Path
- General bugfix
- Added Undead Legion event
- Added a spider themed dungeon
- Added stat progression system(you gain str when you damage enemies)

Bugs:

- Fixed Neutral bandit wierd spawning points
- Fixed a bug where backpack was revealing villager position to other players
- Fixed Craft armor/abilities bug
- Fixed Town house population increase bug
- Fixed a bug where backpack was not allowing the player to build certain buildings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented spiders from respawning more than one time
- Fixed traveler AI bug
- Fixed Arena demon movement bug
- Fixed player 11 reaction to player units
- Fixed the location of some Sentry Towers.
- Fixed a bug that made werewolf minions hostile towards the werewolf player at the end of the night
- Fixed a bug where king wouldn't respawn on its proper location if player controled king died to NPC's
- Fixed a bug where a hero could buy thief spells.​
Changes:

- Arena battle zone waypoint renamed for clarity
- Pack horses can now carry tools and buldings can store them
- Reduced expensive crop income.
- Increased pelt price and decreased meat price
- Increased Werewolf base Str based on hero str
- Wild beasts no longer spawn meat when there are no nearby players​
New features:

- Industry profit increase with item sales.

Gameplay changes:

- Can cook eggs into omelettes and milk into cheese.
- Tannery can craft Fur armor and thick fur armor with 5 and 9 skins respectively.
- Attacking king now gives 10x the regular bounty
- Increased cooked fish price slightly above raw ones.
- Heralds are now invulnerable.
- Added a new system for landlord military units: Morale: when units are low health(depending on their rank) they might leave your ranks and become neutral.
- Added a new landlord military unit: War drummer.(Prevents nearby units from routing during combat)
- Villager str progression is no longer constant, its degressive now. With low values of str the villager will increase his str faster than before.
Visual changes:

- Rock overhaul
- Added sound effects and environmental music.
- Added more flora
- New cosmetic non attackable trees.
- Added a filter to make day/night cycle more realistic/immersive.
Bug fixes:

- Fixed a bug where attacking the dummies inside adventurer's guild would give the attacking player bounty.
- Fixed a bug where the player that converted into lich would receive money from his investments after triggering lich event.
- Fixed a bug where neutral bandits could spawn in water zones.
- Fixed a bug where the player coudln't get inside his house.
- Fixed a longstanding bug related to the respawn of the monsters of a dungeon.
- Fixed some unit descriptions and other strings.
- Cleaned up scripts to optimize the map and reduce lag

Bugs:

- Trigger optimitzation
- Fixed a bug where non military units would be affected by morale system
- Fixed the damage given by ahsbringer, now its in line with its description
- Upon dying if there is no valid heir the backpack is properly removed
- Son/daughter can now enter and exit player's house​
Gameplay Changes:

- Removed Black market contact from bandit hideouts.
- Added 2 new weapons only available on thieves guild.​
Visual changes:

- Now the lighting changes dynamically during the day and night.
- Added some environmental doodads
- Thieves now have a utility belt attatched to their chest when they learn thief abilities.
- Added a bunch of new icons.

Bugs:​

- Fixed a bug where only iron veins would "take damage"
- Fixed a bug where villager would gain str when doing nothing
- Fixed a bug where Heavy Axeman icon would be hidden by cancel button when training units in War academy.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some periodic lag spikes.
- Optimized triggers reducing the performance hit from leaks.​

Gameplay Changes:

- Mining now is more random.​

Visual changes:

- Added descriptions for tannery craftable armors.
- Improved Worker tooltip for more clarity.
- Improved Catapult and Trebuchet Attack animation.
- Added a bunch of doodads​

Bugs and others:

- Script optimitzation.
- House waypoints no longer talk
- Fixed a bug where ores weren't droping at their suposed rate.
- Fixed a bug where assassins were doing unintended extra damage on hit.
- Optimized lich event scripts[hopefully fixing related crashes(needs testing)]
Gameplay Changes:

- Changed various locations
- Added thief idle quests
- Increased Fallen champion fight dificulty.
- Reduced crop prices.
Visual changes:

- Changed villager skins
- Changed villager voices
- Added a voice sound when using interaction
- Removed fog weather.
- Nights are more bright now​

full

MeteORA
Kuhneghetz
karland90
kellym0
darkdeathknight
TLI-Inferno
eubz
takakenji
Miseracord
!!GORO!!
InfernalTater
skrab
bisnar13
chilla_killa
GiFun
Rondo
olofmoleman
Illidan(Evil)X
Kitabatake
stonneash
Yayoi
Mr.Bob
Mike
Chriz
HappyTauren
Sunchips
Cavman
Graber
Himperion
Wandering Soul
darkdeathknight
Sellenisko
RightField
JesusHipster
RusUndead
Shadow_killer
Amigurumi
~Nightmare
PeeKay
KelThuzad
Stanakin Skywalker
NFWar
The Panda
Ribenamania
Jo27killed
Pvt.Toma
Fan
Epimetheus
Xeldarith and Kain
Skipper
Tranquil
RPG Villager
Chriz.
Lord_T
Yayoi
imforfun
HammerFist132
General Frank
ThatGuy43
Markos3520
olofmoleman
MassiveMaster
Kaitech[SanD]
.KC
Bribe
FrIkY
Blood Raven
Uncle Fester
Astaroth Zion
Direfury
Talavaj
Grey Knight
Matarael
And Blizzard entertainment

Note: If i your name doesn't appear in the list and I used your resources contact me and I will add you in the list

Author note: If you like the map don't forget to rate it, you help it getting to more people, and if you have suggestions or feedback feel free to share it here!

Keywords:

Medieval, RTS, RPG, Survival, RP, City, Events, Immersive, Diplomacy, War, Fall, Bandits, Thief, Build, Autumn, Snow.
Contents

Medieval Villagers 1.08d (Map)

Medieval Villagers 1.08e Open source (Map)

Level 6
1.08c is out, I focused on improving map performance over adding new features, there were some internal problems I had to fix before I can start adding new stuff. Also the map description images should show now, I think it was a problem related to the album privacy options.

Here is the changelog:

Bugs:

- Fixed a bug where only iron veins would "take damage"
- Fixed a bug where villager would gain str when doing nothing
- Fixed a bug where Heavy Axeman icon would be hidden by cancel button when training units in War academy.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some periodic lag spikes.
- Optimized triggers reducing the performance hit from leaks.

Gameplay Changes:

- Mining now is more random.

Visual changes:

- Added descriptions for tannery craftable armors.
- Improved Worker tooltip for more clarity.
- Improved Catapult and Trebuchet Attack animation.
- Added a bunch of doodads

I hope you enjoy it.

GL & HF

Level 1
Finally somebody decied to make FoTN (sorry but it was first) like map. I`m so happy to see maps getting better these days.

Sulfar, played your map about few hours with my friends, we made a lot of battle and diplomacy situations and for now I can say this map in my personal Top-10 of all RTS maps of all time.

But there still some improvements needed and bugs to be fixed. I personally find myself a few in 1.08c.

Level 2
Sulfar, cd on books in adveturer guild is soo small that the men who entered first with markets in the town can just kill anyone who want enter guild too. Also, mercenaries cost no food, i dont think its ok

Level 1
Tried it just a bit, great variaton on FotN, if a bit disbalanced yet. It's something I've been waiting for a long time, though I had some problems:
1) Can't find mineable veins. Got the pick and tried mining those that I THINK are supposed to be veins, but it's just an untargettable assets. Either it's a bug or I'm missing something and mining needs some info in quest menu.
2) Made the thisef initiation quest... and nothing happened. I don't have any special skills, buildings or anything of sort available. Again, I may miss something here. But if it's another bug, then here's what i've done:
- bought 5k contract for quest
- killed the rich villager, took his stuff
- Guards attacked me obviously, also killing my worker in another town
- suddenly lost guard's aggro in about 5 seconds after the kill
- to be safe, bribed the herald to take off my bounty
- interacted with questgiver, said quest well done
- nothing changed, not even hut upgrade unlocked (looks like it's for more experienced thieves, but it's the only thing that looked like to change anything)
Version 1.08c

Last edited:
Level 6
1) Can't find mineable veins. Got the pick and tried mining those that I THINK are supposed to be veins, but it's just an untargettable assets. Either it's a bug or I'm missing something and mining needs some info in quest menu.

The veins have the regular warcraft 3 stone models, its a bit tricky to find them the first times you play, they usually stand next to a cliff.

2) Made the thisef initiation quest... and nothing happened. I don't have any special skills, buildings or anything of sort available. Again, I may miss something here. But if it's another bug, then here's what i've done:

It is true that the thief path don't have much content developed right now, however, with the quest you just gain access to the guild building, where you can build a spell pack and some other additional features.

Level 1
The veins have the regular warcraft 3 stone models, its a bit tricky to find them the first times you play, they usually stand next to a cliff.

It is true that the thief path don't have much content developed right now, however, with the quest you just gain access to the guild building, where you can build a spell pack and some other additional features.

Tried earlier version and found those veins immediately, looks like they just havent spawned for me in the first run.
And okay, i'll try to find bandit guild building, though it would be nice if questgiver told me where it is.

All in all, a lot of work for one person to do, but you're going great, keep it up ;)

Wishes:
- some way for a beginner thief to sell and buy stuff - the wind walk spell is too brief and has pretty big cd to use it in this way. I recommend some item that gives night elven shadowmeld (but make it work throughout the whole day - sounds op, but it's not, thieves are supposed to be weak to landlords in a head on confrontation, but elusive as fuck) or maybe a black market building, neutral or built by player... preferably the shadowmeld though
Tried selling stuff at hunter's hut, but it did not sell the thing, just dropped it inside the building model so I cant even get it back.
- more info on all aspects of game in quest menu

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello!

I came here solely to say that once you become Lich you're getting desynced and game crashes!

I hope this bug will be fixed soon cause I love your work and the map, and I'd really love to enjoy that part of it too!

Thanks for any hard work in advance! :)

Level 6
some way for a beginner thief to sell and buy stuff

There is, inside the thieves guild you can sell items to the black market.

Tried selling stuff at hunter's hut, but it did not sell the thing, just dropped it inside the building model so I cant even get it back.

I will address this problem asap.

- more info on all aspects of game in quest menu

I've tried to document all aspects of the game on the quest menu, but yeah I'll look what i can do.

once you become Lich you're getting desynced and game crashes!

I'm aware of that, thanks for reporting it tho.

Level 1
There is, inside the thieves guild you can sell items to the black market.

That still requires you to navigate pretty deep into the city - possible but hard to perform and that adds up to already not too rewarding thief way (crime doesnt pay huh? XD). But well, if hunter's hut will work, that's good for me (I used the one near north-west town btw).

I've tried to document all aspects of the game on the quest menu, but yeah I'll look what i can do.

It's just very brief, expand it a bit. Like all those misunderstandings with thief way I had. Possibly there's stuff like that with other aspects, I still need to test it more.

P.S. You might want to outsource a bit of work to someone... or don't if you feel more comfortable by yourself

Level 1
in patch 1.08c
some of these are glitches and some are suggestions, i spent 3 days straight on this game learning it.
-lich king dysync to fix, u have to walk out of cave into around middle of map then active book so u wont dysync, lich dies from hungar, which i cant do anything about becasue you have no item slots, also lich king auto dies at 2000 hp instantly.
-when you die and ur become child again and ur wife dies u lose all the times on ur wife and kids
-mines are not working properly most of the time u hit mines but no ore is generating.
-thiefs once u produce bandit camps everyone starts to lag crazy
-can u add more dungeons to the caves around the map
-can u add an item from blood mother after killing her in spider cave
-can u add more indepth into arena after killing very hard mode creature i still get same amount of xp and gold from normal arena game play.
-adding boats would be very nice
-haveing a type of food meter woudl be nice for newer people, always confused about food would help alot for me teaching.
-bandits can mass a bigger army then landlords will only paying 200 gold per tick
-can u do a well effect for going into houses u already own for units also includes building
like theifs housing and guilds aswell.
-having a few people in land lord guild provide a service for clearing out x spot so u dont have to hire mercs then suicide them.
-add a button to where u can quit merc survivces and hunter services w/o killing them.
make lich king harder to kill, i can rush lich super fast with 2 groups of mercs only cost me 20k to get lich king book including buying profession and title w/o buying the abilies for advent. i can usually get the book in about 10 min or less
-when u get 6 items filled u cannot stack stuff again u have to 5 items to keep stacking.
-when u eat food in back pack u consume but it doesnt effect with hunger
-adding a big epic monster hunters woudl be nice mammoths are easy to kill
-making something out of mammoth tusks
-make it more clear how to become theif, so many people have trouble trying to find theifs guild and they quit after the diamond part.
-allow u to turn in ancient fang like undead book to grand master for another item

Last edited:
Level 1
Man, balance the income of every profession..I just played the game and been minning gold and silver since beginning until I hit up to 15k gold in total, I come to city to buy some properties and whole city is bought by one person who kept farming..Great balance. Hunting goes the same(as mining) Either that or:

LIMIT PROPERTIES FOR EACH PLAYER!(to like 6-7 no one really needs more than that, it's just going overkill) :p

Either that or balance professions, honestly I'd do the 2nd(less work *_O)

Also I still really can't wait for Lich thing. It's just so awesome I don't want to host the map without it coz it's just wasting my zeal to play it so to speak lol

Level 1
Man, balance the income of every profession..I just played the game and been minning gold and silver since beginning until I hit up to 15k gold in total, I come to city to buy some properties and whole city is bought by one person who kept farming..Great balance. Hunting goes the same(as mining) Either that or:

LIMIT PROPERTIES FOR EACH PLAYER!(to like 6-7 no one really needs more than that, it's just going overkill) :p

Either that or balance professions, honestly I'd do the 2nd(less work *_O)

Also I still really can't wait for Lich thing. It's just so awesome I don't want to host the map without it coz it's just wasting my zeal to play it so to speak lol

u should be multi tasking when playing, i do agree hunter isnt worth most of the time since most people spawn kill animals in south, its more fun or change of pace from other professions. the only upside from hunter is when you playing vs heavy pvp players that like to fk with ur stuff, so having that roaming is nice. and u shoudl be utilizing hunting lure for maximum gold efficiency. i personally like to play trader i can make bank super fast or ill set 2 peasants on ore and me and peasant on wood cutting send wife to city and send children across map and sell lumber aswell your kids can run around buyign up property aswell. for the x amount of gold to do something. i usually play trader during that grace period making aroudn 30K+ using 3 pack mules and my hero just doing runs at them same time buying property with kids and wife. and try to get a good chunk of gold and profession done before grace period ends and stop my trading, then convert to something else. but primarly ill start south side or city, pick the give me gold and pick profession later button and see what people are doing around me and make my decision then.
i find farming and stock breeding pointless vs assassins and find it more of a risk to protect ur gold value, the lvl up doesnt matter much since the tombs in advent guild coutners all lvling done on character, he shoudl add something more then just 1-2 stats for lvl up like, lvl 2 faster build times by 10 percent and lvl 3 5 percent walk and like lvl 4 no more hunger or something related to that to help out for more motivation.
one of the things i liked from fotn is when u perform x amount of your profession u unlocked something extra. aswell with the towns being ur allies and all about loyalty

Level 1
Lol, I know how to play games of this kind man, what I meant is that profits in every profession are not equal. Trader and Farmer gives way more gold in relation to minning and hunting. You know what I mean? I am talking about FLAT gain, not the way how to go around it. FLAT PROFIT. Whatsoever.

I just want to have Lich playable and I will host this map 24/7 coz it's so great lol :)

Level 3
Lol, I know how to play games of this kind man, what I meant is that profits in every profession are not equal. Trader and Farmer gives way more gold in relation to minning and hunting. You know what I mean? I am talking about FLAT gain, not the way how to go around it. FLAT PROFIT. Whatsoever.

I just want to have Lich playable and I will host this map 24/7 coz it's so great lol :)
haha yea, and the workers cant mine for you, gg trader/farmer

Level 6
Hey guys!

I'll upload another revision in the upcoming days, I did a bunch of minor tweaks and tried to fix the Lich issue.
So far I didn't get any crash while testing Lich event but since I can't emulate multiplayer settings I'm not 100% sure the bug is fixed.

Level 1
killing giant wolfs until it drops an ancient fang then activate fang when ur below 100 percent hp u become ww at night human by day

Level 6
1.08d hotfix is out:

Bugs and others:

- Script optimitzation.
- House waypoints no longer talk
- Fixed a bug where ores weren't droping at their suposed rate.
- Fixed a bug where assassins were doing unintended extra damage on hit.
- Optimized lich event scripts[hopefully fixing related crashes(needs testing)]

Gameplay Changes:

- Changed various locations
- Added thief idle quests
- Increased Fallen champion fight dificulty.
- Reduced crop prices.

Visual changes:

- Changed villager skins
- Changed villager voices
- Added a voice sound when using interaction
- Removed fog weather.
- Nights are more bright now

Level 1
I desynced after becoming Lich again. After I reached central city area*saddens*

It's obviously because of the land defiling feature, maybe decreasing the number of bloody npcs in the capital will help somehow..who knows tho :c

Level 6
I desynced after becoming Lich again. After I reached central city area*saddens*

Yeah, it is most probably the trigger causing the desyncs, i will have to change it then.

What does this mean? New quests? If so, where?

When you're a veteran member from your hideout you can accept this quests, they are idle in the sense that you don't have to do anything, just wait and see the result.
Ex:
You virtually send a thief to steal money from a landlord and if he is successful you will receive gold

Right now there are few idle quest options but its pretty easy to add more if needed, also they will probably have an impact on the world besides giving you gold in the future.

Level 5
Hello, This is really a good map however, I encountered some problems:

The fallen champion in the southern cave?!?!? Where is that cave i found one in bottom left of the map but couldn't get in it. Please address better and use a pinging system for it possible. Thanks!

Level 4
[QUOTE="Sulfar, post: 3140997, member: 239582"

When you're a veteran member from your hideout you can accept this quests, they are idle in the sense that you don't have to do anything, just wait and see the result.
Ex:
You virtually send a thief to steal money from a landlord and if he is successful you will receive gold

Right now there are few idle quest options but its pretty easy to add more if needed, also they will probably have an impact on the world besides giving you gold in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clearing it up! :D

Level 1
Anyways, there won't be a reasonable limit to property count in the end huh. That makes the game really not newbie-friendly because there is almost always experienced player in the game who buys ALL properties on the map not allowing newbies to catch up, even tho its not needed for having a good game for every player.

This is basically a feature that allows people who played map before and know how to get that cash fairly fast to snowball new player and repulse them from the game. Blocking city entrances et cetera. We all know that one does not need that many properties to have steady income. It's overkill.

It's like boosting your villager's health to 7k hp in Werewolf Transylvania. Gay as fuck, no one likes it.

Maybe if this map had somewhat its own bot and community of reasonable size, maybe then forming somewhat METAGAMING here and having struggle for properties would have sense. But let's be honest, this isnt even half polished, many bugs and features yet to be added. Why would I, average player want to learn and remember metagaming on this particular map. I enjoy to play it, but hell I won't litter my brain with remembering map I dont even know will reach its finished and fairly playable state.

There should be property limit but not like one that would allow EVERY player to get a piece of land but for a GROUP of player to get few properties excluding remaining ones to be left without any. THEN it'd seem reasonable and not ONE or TWO people would snowball newbies anymore.

But hey it's up to you right :)

Level 1
Anyways, there won't be a reasonable limit to property count in the end huh. That makes the game really not newbie-friendly because there is almost always experienced player in the game who buys ALL properties on the map not allowing newbies to catch up, even tho its not needed for having a good game for every player.

This is basically a feature that allows people who played map before and know how to get that cash fairly fast to snowball new player and repulse them from the game. Blocking city entrances et cetera. We all know that one does not need that many properties to have steady income. It's overkill.

It's like boosting your villager's health to 7k hp in Werewolf Transylvania. Gay as fuck, no one likes it.

Maybe if this map had somewhat its own bot and community of reasonable size, maybe then forming somewhat METAGAMING here and having struggle for properties would have sense. But let's be honest, this isnt even half polished, many bugs and features yet to be added. Why would I, average player want to learn and remember metagaming on this particular map. I enjoy to play it, but hell I won't litter my brain with remembering map I dont even know will reach its finished and fairly playable state.

There should be property limit but not like one that would allow EVERY player to get a piece of land but for a GROUP of player to get few properties excluding remaining ones to be left without any. THEN it'd seem reasonable and not ONE or TWO people would snowball newbies anymore.

But hey it's up to you right :)

property isnt snowballing,its actaully a crutch early game, its more a mid-late game cash flow. You can easily become trader and snowball noobies soooooo much faster then all the professions. what he needs to add is when the x player dies or leaves game with property returns to open market again. sucks buying 70 percent of the property and having another guy rage quit because i can micro manage better from buying property faster the being denied from finish buying it all. or you should add when you buy property you get x discount/ increased income from specific market you bought. when you play lich dont activate book until you are 1/3 of the map away from cave to use lich book w/o dysync. one thing i found to be really oppressive is when i become advent class and camp strength tombs. to one day out beat everyone in the game. but another thing i found oppressive is landlord towers are super hard to kill when reinforced with auto repair workers. unless you have trebuchets as landlord to counter.

Level 1
What does the term ''snowball'' mean? - League of Legends Community Snowballing

Snowball effect - Wikipedia

"For the most part it refers to 3 items in the game that give you "stacks" each time you get a kill or an assist. Each stack makes the item better. A snowballing champion is a champion that has one or more of the items, and is building up stacks." Make reference to this map. np you're welcome. If by late game you mean the time when grace period ends then maybe I have bad sense of time ;/

Last edited:
Level 1
What does the term ''snowball'' mean? - League of Legends Community Snowballing

Snowball effect - Wikipedia

"For the most part it refers to 3 items in the game that give you "stacks" each time you get a kill or an assist. Each stack makes the item better. A snowballing champion is a champion that has one or more of the items, and is building up stacks." Make reference to this map. np you're welcome. If by late game you mean the time when grace period ends then maybe I have bad sense of time ;/

i cant join your game or host my own game of MV 1.08d your game "Medieval Villagers newbs" isnt working rip not being able to play new update

Level 6
Anyways, there won't be a reasonable limit to property count in the end huh.

There will be, its a good idea, I just don't have much time to develop this so its progressing slow.

what he needs to add is when the x player dies or leaves game with property returns to open market again.

Good one!

when you play lich dont activate book until you are 1/3 of the map away from cave to use lich book w/o dysync. one thing i found to be really oppressive is when i become advent class and camp strength tombs. to one day out beat everyone in the game. but another thing i found oppressive is landlord towers are super hard to kill when reinforced with auto repair workers. unless you have trebuchets as landlord to counter.

Thanks for your feedback, I add your points to the list.

Level 1
i cant join your game or host my own game of MV 1.08d your game "Medieval Villagers newbs" isnt working rip not being able to play new update

Well, apologies then if you can't play the game without being a dick to newbs it's not my problem we will carry on without you.

You may host game yourself for "experienced players" see how many you gather. Probably very few or less coz who'd go pro already on such unpolished map lol.

EntGaming:HostGuide - ENT Wiki

Here is how you can host a game yourself, np.

Level 1
Well, apologies then if you can't play the game without being a dick to newbs it's not my problem we will carry on without you.

You may host game yourself for "experienced players" see how many you gather. Probably very few or less coz who'd go pro already on such unpolished map lol.

Never said i was pro. I just pick up things faster then others, I just wanted to try the new update and I know how to host the map, the new update just wasn't working for me and I wanted to see if you had another way of hosting (apparently not, might of been site error). Also I have never shit on noobs, I ask people in queue who has played before and i mess with the experience players... big difference. realizing or not every player will join a lobby, new-experience that's why you ask first and let them know ahead of time. For the record teaching new players how to play and ways to do things will actually help them learn the game faster. Considering most people will quit the game early if they are not understanding it. If you have ever played with me you would know I spend 3/4 of the game teaching people how to play and I usually npc killing until someone wants to try to kill my units. Please for the record, please don't do random ass insults makes you sound like a douche, if the insult was referring to debates over posts on this site about game play to help Sulfar out then don't post... Also I don't know who the "we will carry on without you" statement is coming from unless your a 12 year old kid who enjoys arguing and handing out insults on posts then you can have your "we" group because the internet is toxic on its own and I don't want to be apart of it.

Level 1
Found out some interesting things this time.
1) you can glitch the venders out of the thief guild.
2) you can have 2 paths like i was a landlord and a advent at the same time. (not a glitch)
3) you can build building inside other buildings and abuse certain spots.
4) in 1.08d on copper ore workers dont gather material
5) once you build bandit camps you cause mass lag, because of the auto spawn, probs coding, switch auto spawn into manual click
6) in arena you can buy several arena battles and drop them
7) I found another bug where king wont attack your hero or certain unit while doing this certain bug. id rather wisper this bug instead of shouting it on forms hit me up if you wanna know.
8) you can be advent kill king then camp advent guild and camp tomes and basically auto win if players rnt advent class

Level 1
I am not gonna even read half of your post explaining yourself, cause that's just eyehurting man. I thought I cut down any forecoming discussions, but apparently I touched your ego unwillingly thus you were in someway forced to pursue debate with me. I am not gonna follow tho, so have fun sir no one cares about what you do or personally think, I just posted you what snowballing is and how to host a game as you appeared to not possessing that particular knowledge. You should display some gratitude instead, maybe saying "Thank you" for correcting me on my definitions regarding certain things. That'd be good manners, but who knows good manners in XXI century. We only know political correctness, how to avoid being called racists or how to bring conversation down to gutter level once we disagree with someone. Most of us so to speak.

Cheers ;)

Level 1
Ok, you WIN! :D Ill let you win the conversation that contributes not what so ever to life, in anyway or anyhow. From a post you started insulting first. Just proves my point in my post about you. But I do agree this conversation is over from this point and on because, I have an actual life I can get back to. Without the fictional addiction to escape reality. Good Night to you sir and hope you learn to have actual conversations with people without getting emotional over something you don't like.

“Everything's a lot tougher when it's for real. That's when you choke. When it's for real.”
― Stephen King, It

Last edited:
Level 7
Suggestion: New Professions!

- Blacksmith! Creates swords and armors from ores which can be bought from shops, players or mined.

- Miner! - Mines and sells ores to the markets or players.